Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #46
CalvaryMike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Could you start your FP+ days after you check in, or does it have to include the day you check in?
When I went to MDE, I could schedule my FP+ for any day. I just couldn't schedule them for more days than I had tickets. So, I could schedule them for day 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 etc for a total of six days (that's how many days my passes were good for).
CalvaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #47
ckelly14
Lurker

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear!
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #48
CalvaryMike
DIS Veteran

As others have said, things at WDW are changing everyday. MB's are in their testing phase. Be prepared in case policies change. My personal experience was a month ago.
CalvaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #49
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

We went in Dec. 2013. We planned to stay the first night at Pop Century to get the Magic Bands and then move off site to our 2 bedroom/2 bath condo at Marriott Residence Inn LBV. (We have 2 teen girls and it is so much better having 2 bathrooms!!!) We were unsure what was going on with the FP+/FP- since everything was changing day to day. I didn't want to be surprised during our trip with the FP machines removed or something!

Anyway, DH & I then decided to just go ahead and add another day to our Marriott reservation so we wouldn't have to check in/check out twice and move rooms. We kept the Pop Century reservation (which we paid for room only at the time of reservation). We linked our tickets that we purchased separately from Undercover Tourist to our MDE account and made FP+ reservations. I was able to make FP+ reservations for the entire length of our tickets - NOT just the one night of our hotel reservation.

We had a rental car so on our way to the Marriott, we stopped at Pop Century and checked in. I'm not sure if this was necessary for the Magic Bands to work or not, or whether the FP+ would have been deleted or not. But it only took about 10 minutes, so no big deal. I did get a parking permit that had the checkin and check out dates printed on them. We never saw the room.

When we entered the parking lots each day, I stopped at the toll booth thing. We had the Pop Century parking pass clearly displayed on the dashboard with the dates listed. Half of the time the toll booth agent told us to go on ahead. The other half of the time we paid the parking fee.

This was my experience.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #50
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I seriously can't believe that no one other than Cals_dad sees anything wrong with booking a room or campsite that you're not going to use, which could prevent someone who actually plans on using it from booking it.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #51
ckelly14
Lurker

Considering that WDW is only 80% filled on average, I doubt many people are unable to stay on site due to this practice. I don't think Disney is complaining...
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #52
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I seriously can't believe that no one other than Cals_dad sees anything wrong with booking a room or campsite that you're not going to use, which could prevent someone who actually plans on using it from booking it.
Define "use".
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #53
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
OK, how do you get a completely blank post? I've been seeing a lot of that lately. Don't you need to at least put "." to edit it?

Just curious.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #54
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Considering that WDW is only 80% filled on average, I doubt many people are unable to stay on site due to this practice. I don't think Disney is complaining...
OK, I'll concede that, but it could still be keeping people from booking the specific category at the specific resort they want (or more importantly, can afford.) And just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
Define "use".
Actually occupying the room or campsite. That's what they're there for, not to game the system.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #55
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?

[Duplicate]
Old 01-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #56
Laketravis

Quote:
Actually occupying the room or campsite. That's what they're there for, not to game the system.
And how long does it actually need to be occupied to meet your definition of "use" ??? An hour? Eight hours? Continuous or in the aggregate?

And, if for some unintended reason, I did not "use" my reservation the night before, could I convince Disney to refund my money because I did not "use" the reservation?

In fact, if you don't show up at all to check in for your reservation, doesn't Disney CHARGE YOU IN FULL for the first night, or do they gladly refund your money since you didn't "actually occupy" the room or campsite?

It is not gaming the system if a room or campsite is reserved and paid for. If, by doing so, my intent is to "use" the room to get free parking, advanced FP+ reservations, or any other perks provided in return for that room reservation and payment, then it meets my definition (and Disney's) of "use". There is nothing in the reservation agreement with Disney that specifies otherwise.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #57
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Right or wrong, I just think "throw away room" equals "thrown away money"
Like tripping over a dollar to save a dime.
But I'm an onsite kinda girl myself.

Book Challenge Goal 79/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #58
LittleMissDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OK, I'll concede that, but it could still be keeping people from booking the specific category at the specific resort they want (or more importantly, can afford.) And just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

That's the mantra I keep saying in my head over and over when I read these boards. I teach 6th grade, and overheard one of my students say, "but it's okay unless you get caught, and then you just tell them it's my life". This is a sad, sorry world we're raising ourselves in. People keep wondering where the "magic" went, it got pushed out by the "me" mentality

Come join me on my pre trip report ~*The Magic Begins Again*~ July 2014 2nd Family Trip because otherwise, I'm just talking to myself.

LittleMissDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #59
Laketravis

I'm still waiting to hear how long I actually have to be in the room in order to satisfy the moral definition of use ("to occupy").
Old 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #60
castleri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
And how long does it actually need to be occupied to meet your definition of "use" ??? An hour? Eight hours? Continuous or in the aggregate?

And, if for some unintended reason, I did not "use" my reservation the night before, could I convince Disney to refund my money because I did not "use" the reservation?

In fact, if you don't show up at all to check in for your reservation, doesn't Disney CHARGE YOU IN FULL for the first night, or do they gladly refund your money since you didn't "actually occupy" the room or campsite?

It is not gaming the system if a room or campsite is reserved and paid for. If, by doing so, my intent is to "use" the room to get free parking, advanced FP+ reservations, or any other perks provided in return for that room reservation and payment, then it meets my definition (and Disney's) of "use". There is nothing in the reservation agreement with Disney that specifies otherwise.
Maybe the gaming the system is more about paying for one night and being able to make FP+ reservations for many more than that and possibly getting free parking for more days than the reservation warrants. In the past people paid for rooms at All Star resorts to get free dining but never stayed in the rooms - but they had to pay for all the nights.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: