Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #16
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidia2 View Post
I remember reading that they've already started charging for these rooms well in advance of when you would receive the bands. Not sure if this is confirmed. Maybe some people were reserving and then canceling after they got their bands.
I remember people were doing that, more back in the August timeframe. I think there was a time when you could cancel and still keep the FPs but I think they closed that loophole now. So you have to book the room and pay for it to keep the FPs. Not sure what happens to the bands if they already shipped, I guess they would let you keep them.

To do this now, you would have to at least pay the one night deposit for a room-only reservation, and that would get you two days of FPs.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #17
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPickering View Post
I was tempted when I saw Sports as low as $68 for one of our nights. Considering it would have saved us $30 in parking too not a bad deal. Just never got my act together to do it. Good thing too. We haven't really needed FP's this visit cept for Soarin one day.

I would guess Disney must be laughing gleefully at the prospect of renting rooms like this.
Yep. Part of the design I suspect. Just like a competitor up the road.

They would like it even better if you never show up and physically check in. Then they don't even have to re-clean the room if it's never been accessed.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #18
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
Yep. Part of the design I suspect. Just like a competitor up the road.

They would like it even better if you never show up and physically check in. Then they don't even have to re-clean the room if it's never been accessed.
Just for free parking for 7 days it would balance itself out, the FP+ would just be a bonus IMO
Old 01-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #19
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
Just for free parking for 7 days it would balance itself out, the FP+ would just be a bonus IMO
Also wondering what would happen if I didn't check in?
The campsites are as low as $80/nt.
Parking for 7 days = $105

It's a win win if I buy a room!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #20
ckelly14
Lurker

I current have a one night reservation at BC prior to my Dolphin stay in June. I will keep it if it gives me access to FP+ for my vacation (as well as letting the kids experience SAB). I have heard conflicting reports and I am not convinced that they "closed that loophole". I am waiting until the end of March to try it myself. If it doesn't work out, I will simply cancel and stay somewhere much cheaper. I just made a room only reservation, and cancellation is still just 5 days out, so yes you can still get MB's then cancel in time (depending on your moral compass...)
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #21
MistressGracey
Mouseketeer

If you are from Canada they do not ship the bands internationally - you would actually have to go to the resort, check in, pick up your magic bands in order to use them...
Ft Wilderness Campground June 1992, Comfort Inn LBV August 1993, Howard Johnson DTD July 1994, Comfort Inn LBV June 1995, Caribe Royal LBV April 1996, Holiday Inn LBV April 1997, Holiday Inn LBV April 1998, Holiday Inn LBV March 1999, Hilton DTD March 2001, Orlando Vista LBV April 2008, Best Western DTD April 2009, Wilderness Lodge January 2010, AKL/Polynesian CL September 2010, Best Western DTD February 2011, POP/POFQ August 2011, Coronado Springs April 2012, Yacht Club/AOA September 2012, ASMu December 2012, ASMo/CBR May 2013, ASSp/PORiverside September 2013, Holiday Inn Universal December 2013, ASSp February 2014, Anaheim Del Sol June 2014, ASSp January 2015, Anaheim Desert Inn May 2015

Coming Soon: WDW Half Marathon January 2015 & Tinkerbell Half Marathon May 2015

MistressGracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #22
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:

How would this work? Don't the parking passes show the dates that you actually stay onsite and wouldn't you get the pass when you check in? Subtracting the parking fee, you would still pay $66 a night for FP+.

Why not just go ahead and stay onsite one night? I never get the concept of throw away nights and I'm a fan of offsite resorts. I particularly find it confusing when people pay so much for the previously mentioned Universal resorts and drive back and forth instead of using that very nice hotel room.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #23
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But a parking pass is only good for the days of your reservation.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #24
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
Tent or Pop-Up Campsite at Fort Wilderness. Sleeps up to 10, from $49 a night.

Qualifies as "On-Site".
Just don't bring this up in the camping forum here, you will get majorly flamed.

The problem is that there are a limited number of sites, I think 700, you reserve one night in the middle of a week that site is now pretty much useless for the week.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #25
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:

So the Disney agent I spoke to advised that FP is only good for the day before and day after your reservation and free parking is only for the night of your stay. Soooo if people are getting away with the FP for their whole trip and free parking, it's only a matter of time before they catch on and knowing my luck it'll be just when I get there lol
Old 01-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #26
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
If you are from Canada they do not ship the bands internationally - you would actually have to go to the resort, check in, pick up your magic bands in order to use them...
Yes she mentioned that as well.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #27
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
I current have a one night reservation at BC prior to my Dolphin stay in June. I will keep it if it gives me access to FP+ for my vacation (as well as letting the kids experience SAB). I have heard conflicting reports and I am not convinced that they "closed that loophole". I am waiting until the end of March to try it myself. If it doesn't work out, I will simply cancel and stay somewhere much cheaper. I just made a room only reservation, and cancellation is still just 5 days out, so yes you can still get MB's then cancel in time (depending on your moral compass...)
How would you try it out, don't you have to check in for it to work or to try it?
Don't your days on your magic band start the day you check in?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #28
Cals dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
Tent or Pop-Up Campsite at Fort Wilderness. Sleeps up to 10, from $49 a night.

Qualifies as "On-Site".
Please don't do this. It is very disheartening to try and book a site to actually go camping, see everything is booked solid, and then hear from people there that a a lot of sites sit empty.
Cals dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #29
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cals dad View Post
Please don't do this. It is very disheartening to try and book a site to actually go camping, see everything is booked solid, and then hear from people there that a a lot of sites sit empty.
SO another question, how would it work if I didn't care about the magic bands and bought my tickets elsewhere?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #30
got2lovedisney
DIS Veteran

Correct me if I'm wrong...If you don't have a valid ticket attached to your My Disney Experience account, you can't get Fast passes regardless of how many nights you book. We ran into this in October. If they system doesn't "see" that you can get into the parks...how are you going to be able to use a fastpass? You can't. So it doesn't give you the option.
In regards to the parking...parking should only be free until midnight on your check out date. Maybe there's a loophole I haven't heard about but I wouldn't bank on getting a whole week's worth of free parking especially if you didn't even check in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: