Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Sarya
Earning My Ears

Elsa Costume ~ Why me :)

My 8 year old said "No more dressing up as a princess" for our trip in February. She thought "I am getting too old I think mom". I told her "you do whatever you want and if you don't want to, you don't have too". I was quite happy about the money I would save but a bit choked up thinking my baby was getting so big. My 6 year old is the opposite and changes her mind daily on who she wants to dress as for our trip in 50 days.

All this has changed for my 8 year old who has fallen in love with the movie Frozen. Just my luck that Elsa has to be the one thing she wants to wear. And has cried b/c I told her that Elsa's dress is very hard to find. We looked it up online last night (I was actually trying to convince her maybe another princess would be ok) and she just shed little tears.
She saw them online and was like "LOOK THERE THEY ARE"

I smiled and said "Yes honey that one is a size 10" and it is listed for $499.00.

She smiled and says "So?" LOL

So this has become my mission to find. I wish they were available at the Disney store.
Sarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
aggiemommy04
Earning My Ears

I'm looking as well! If I find them, I'll be sure to post. We'll be going to Disney in Feb and my 4 year old (will be 5 during the trip) wants nothing more than to wear Elsa's dress so I understand!! Worse case is I'm hoping either BBB gets them back in stock or I can find one in Downtown Disney....
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
PedsNursePatty
PedsNursePatty

I'm in the same boat! My daughter is 9. She's my only girl! She told me last night that she is too old to dress up as Disney Princess. Boo! But, she would dress up as Elsa! She's a little 9, so could even wear 7/8, I'd prefer the 9/10.

I"VE LOOKED EVERYWHERE! I even called BBB! They don't have any Elsa dresses AND they can't tell me when they will get any in.

I'm really cutting it down to the wire...we leave for DL in 10 days! UGH!

PLEASE - if anyone can find a dress, PLEASE let me know!
PedsNursePatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Sarya
Earning My Ears

Okay I just ordered this one... (my daughter prefers this over the ones on ebay)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(not sure the link will work) but I got it on Amazon. $250. But I had $118.00 in amazon "bucks" so I paid $132.00 plus $5.00 shipping. They only had 2 left in stock when I put it in my cart.

Their are two left in a size 9/10 on ebay. However one ends tomorrow and it's over $200+

there is another that ends in 4 days for just over $100+ but I am sure it will go up within the 4 days. It went from $68 to $109 just today.

Good luck everyone.
Sarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I work in a Disneystore. No Elsas. We got in more Anna's today, we have every size of her again.

I will post if her dress comes in anytime soon. We have gotten only a few the last 6-8 weeks, and by a few, I mean 2 at a time, 2 in total per week, or less.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
MRSGOLABONTE
Earning My Ears

I saw a FB friend sew a pretty decent one for her daughter. She was only five though, so maybe her standards are lower than an 8-9 year olds. lol!
MRSGOLABONTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #7
RJP77
Mouseketeer

As a father of two girls also, let me say that I feel your pain. But it doesn't end once you have searched the web for hours on end and called every Disney store within a 300 mile radius. It continues once you finally find the dress, beg the staff at the store to hold it for you until you drive through a snow storm, in the dark, to get it. Then your daughter decides to start wearing the dress at home, only for you to find out that the Elsa dress is by far the most sparkly dress of any Disney princess dress they have ever owned and almost all those sparkles will blow off her dress like actual pixie dust being dropped by Tinkerbell herself. Of course no amount of vacuuming will get rid of it all and you will find every article of clothing you own somehow gathers it up for weeks on end. I particularly was fond of noticing the sparkles on my toothbrush (how I don't know, but there it was). I just can't wait to pack that dress in our luggage with all the other clothes!!
RJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP77 View Post
As a father of two girls also, let me say that I feel your pain. But it doesn't end once you have searched the web for hours on end and called every Disney store within a 300 mile radius. It continues once you finally find the dress, beg the staff at the store to hold it for you until you drive through a snow storm, in the dark, to get it. Then your daughter decides to start wearing the dress at home, only for you to find out that the Elsa dress is by far the most sparkly dress of any Disney princess dress they have ever owned and almost all those sparkles will blow off her dress like actual pixie dust being dropped by Tinkerbell herself. Of course no amount of vacuuming will get rid of it all and you will find every article of clothing you own somehow gathers it up for weeks on end. I particularly was fond of noticing the sparkles on my toothbrush (how I don't know, but there it was). I just can't wait to pack that dress in our luggage with all the other clothes!!

Dress packing 101- roll dress up and put it in a ziplock bag. Squeeze all of the air out and seal it.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #9
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

Call the Mall of America Disney store in MN. They always seem to have stuff in stock when no one else does. I've gotten that from reading forums on here. It's where I got a Sofia dress last year when no one else could find them.

(952) 854-9119
Old 01-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

Do you sew at all? I can point you in the direction of a pretty amazing pattern that was inspired by the movie.
sassie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #11
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie_kat View Post
Do you sew at all? I can point you in the direction of a pretty amazing pattern that was inspired by the movie.
I'm curious which pattern you're thinking of?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #12
dae3dae3
Mouseketeer

I'm just annoyed that Disney named a Princess Elsa.

I have a six year old daughter named Elsa and it was a very uncommon name and now there are going to be a billion little girls named Elsa six years younger than her and everyone is going to assume we named her after the Disney movie in a few years after it is far enough away that people don't realize that the math doesn't work out on their assumption.
dae3dae3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #13
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
i'm curious which pattern you're thinking of?
lol....
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #14
Jimbeaux28
Mouseketeer

So it is not all bad having a 4 year old tom boy that thinks dressing like a princess is yucky? :-)
Jimbeaux28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #15
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dae3dae3 View Post
I'm just annoyed that Disney named a Princess Elsa.

I have a six year old daughter named Elsa and it was a very uncommon name and now there are going to be a billion little girls named Elsa six years younger than her and everyone is going to assume we named her after the Disney movie in a few years after it is far enough away that people don't realize that the math doesn't work out on their assumption.
I doubt that will happen. There might be a few, but it will not be a trend. I mean...you don't see a billion Meridas or Rapunzels around, right?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: