Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #16
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaber View Post
At paradise beach do you just take a taxi from the ship and pay once you get there or is it something you need to somehow reserve in advance? This sounds like a great experience!
No need to book in advance. This is exactly what you do, take a cab and pay there.

And don't be alarmed by all the tour guides trying to get you to go on their tours as you walk off the ship. We had one tell us Paradise Beach is too far away, more money than it really is, very crowded, etc... and that we didn't want to go there. They had me convinced I had the wrong place or all the wrong info from what I had read here. I was almost ready to turn around and get back on the ship. As it turned out they were full of it and the info I had gotten here was correct.

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #17
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

+1, Paradise Beach

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction...Peninsula.html

Taxi for family should be around $20 each way.

Setup reminds me of a caribbean resort minus the hotel rooms.

The all-inclusive bands are worth it to some, not to others, read reviews and discuss with your kids.

Our sweet chocolate blows them away, bring some halloween sized ones to include as tips.

Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #18
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

Someone posted a menu on TAdvisor, it's a little small but it's your basic TexMex selection. IIRC, a pitcher of beer wasn't expensive.
Great place, no complaints from us.

Funny. Vendors will say anything to get your dollars. They are the worst to go by at the dock. And the first taxi scavengers will try to charge $10 per person family of 4 (or more than $20). Negotiate, walk away. There's lots of them.
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #19
DLW8
DIS Veteran

jumping on here as well, and will check out trip advisor for Paradise Beach. Last time we did the Western, we were scheduled to go on the Fury Catamaran and Beach party. However, it was very windy that day, so the excursion was canceled. DS and I got off the ship in the morning to do a little shopping right at port and as we were coming back it was POURING, so the dune buggy excursion that we booked after Fury was canceled was also canceled.

Trying to plan our trip this time and figure out where to do beach time and where to do something more adventurous (GC, Cozumel and Falmouth).

I have still heard great things about Fury, so that is still on my list for potentials for this trip as well...

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
wrennies
Mouseketeer

We were in Cozumel this summer. Cabs were extremely easy from the port and not expensive. We did this Mini Sub adventure which also allowed us use of the resort for the day. It was amazing. The "crew" was great. They even allowed us to use their snorkeling gear while we waited. They also took wonderful pictures and had a DVD available for purchase (asked $40, but we offered $20 and got it for that).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...Peninsula.html
wrennies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #21
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
We're going to Nachi Cocum. With 8 ships in port on our Cozumel day, I know I don't want to be around the port. http://m.cozumelnachicocom.com/tablet/eng/rates.cfm
We went to Nachi Cocum last April and it was great! All-inclusive alcohol and food was so good! We all enjoyed it. So much I am trying to find a place in Nassau this April like that to go to All-inclusive but nobody can give a recommendation.

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #22
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #23
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFam View Post
We went to Nachi Cocum last April and it was great! All-inclusive alcohol and food was so good! We all enjoyed it. So much I am trying to find a place in Nassau this April like that to go to All-inclusive but nobody can give a recommendation.

It looks like the perfect place for a worry free afternoon lounging in the sun, playing in the water. We can't wait.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
What did you expect the food to be? Would it be a problem for your personal diet somehow? Cozumel is in Mexico...
Cozumel is in Mexico? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #25
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaber View Post
What are the best excursions in Cozumel? It will be me, my husband and two daughters 13, and 10. Thinking about the beach...is it better to plan this directly through Disney?

TIA!
There is only one correct answer: Rio Secreto! The secret river is an underground river and cave system on the mainland, and it is a fantastic tour.
Ferry to the mainland, shuttle bus to the tour, then the tour which was about 2 hours underground, then a very nice lunch, then shuttle back to the ferry area where we had 90 minutes to play on the beach or explore the shops, then the ferry back to Cozumel and the ship. The logistics were busy enough that doing this one with DCL is a good idea.

We did it with our 14 and 12 year old daughters:

Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #26
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
There is only one correct answer: Rio Secreto! The secret river is an underground river and cave system on the mainland, and it is a fantastic tour. Ferry to the mainland, shuttle bus to the tour, then the tour which was about 2 hours underground, then a very nice lunch, then shuttle back to the ferry area where we had 90 minutes to play on the beach or explore the shops, then the ferry back to Cozumel and the ship. The logistics were busy enough that doing this one with DCL is a good idea. We did it with our 14 and 12 year old daughters:
We were considering this, but the price is over $400 for the 3 of us, and you can't take your own pictures.

Sent from my rotary phone using DISBoards
Old 01-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #27
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
We were considering this, but the price is over $400 for the 3 of us, and you can't take your own pictures.

Sent from my rotary phone using DISBoards
Yup, that does make it a little tougher to do. You are also correct about the photos.
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #28
all5ofus
DIS Veteran

Last time we were in Cozumel we had a blast doing the Amazing Race. We are fans of the TV show and found it to be realistic without being too difficult. We had kids ranging from 8 to 14.

http://theamazingcozumelrace.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...Peninsula.html

Rio Secreto looks incredible. I think that will be my next Cozumel adventure.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #29
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFam View Post
We honeymooned in Jamaica at Sandals. Not sure what a day pass would be, but that is a VERY high caliber resort. Can't vouch for Nassau, but the brand speaks for itself.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #30
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
We honeymooned in Jamaica at Sandals. Not sure what a day pass would be, but that is a VERY high caliber resort. Can't vouch for Nassau, but the brand speaks for itself.
We were married at the Sandals in Negril, we loved it there. It's been a while, but back then none of the Sandals had day passes and they were all couples only, no kids. It might have changed, it has been a while.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: