Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
mschaber
Earning My Ears

What should we do in Cozumel

What are the best excursions in Cozumel? It will be me, my husband and two daughters 13, and 10. Thinking about the beach...is it better to plan this directly through Disney?

TIA!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

On Cozumel:
DW and I rented a jeep and went out on our own. You can get away to some of the out-of-the-way places and just do what you want. If, you speak Spanish, DW is fluent, it helps as the locals will treat you special and they gave us multiple recommendations/tips/discounts/etc.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

If you don't want to rent a car and drive around the island, then I would check on Paradise Beach. I just looked at their website, and they have a $2 entrance fee, and they expect you to spend a minimum of $10 on food/drink. Also check on Mr. Sanchos. Their website says "free entrance". But what does that get you (lounger, umbrella ??), I don't know. Some people like Playa Mia. Personally, I'm already spending a lot of money on my Disney Cruise, with all the food I want to eat on the ship, and I think it's a waste to buy a $50 per person "buffet & beach" package, when I could pay $12 at Paradise Beach, for a relaxing beach day, with a lite lunch. But hey, it's your vacation. See what fits your budget, and have a good time. You won't have any problem getting a taxi near the pier, to the beach clubs. And when you leave the beach club, there will be taxis waiting outside to take you back to the ship......jonathan
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

We enjoyed Paradise Beach very much when we went this summer. If the weather is nice when we are there on our Feb cruise will go again. In fact, my DSs(17 and 14) who never want to leave the ship, both said they would be ok going there again.

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

Our favorite excursion has been the cooking class. We will surely do it again

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnlk View Post
Our favorite excursion has been the cooking class. We will surely do it again
A cozumel port excursion for a cooking class? I must have missed the brochure.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
A cozumel port excursion for a cooking class? I must have missed the brochure.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...p-and-tasting/

but let's not forget the Salsa; http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...salsa-cozumel/
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Jumping on this thread...
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Ah, well that explains it, it's Mexican food. Self preservation probably made me overlook it.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #10
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

We're going to Nachi Cocum. With 8 ships in port on our Cozumel day, I know I don't want to be around the port.

http://m.cozumelnachicocom.com/tablet/eng/rates.cfm

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #11
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDS View Post
Ah, well that explains it, it's Mexican food. Self preservation probably made me overlook it.
What did you expect the food to be? Would it be a problem for your personal diet somehow? Cozumel is in Mexico...
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #12
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
If you don't want to rent a car and drive around the island, then I would check on Paradise Beach. I just looked at their website, and they have a $2 entrance fee, and they expect you to spend a minimum of $10 on food/drink. Also check on Mr. Sanchos. Their website says "free entrance". But what does that get you (lounger, umbrella ??), I don't know. Some people like Playa Mia. Personally, I'm already spending a lot of money on my Disney Cruise, with all the food I want to eat on the ship, and I think it's a waste to buy a $50 per person "buffet & beach" package, when I could pay $12 at Paradise Beach, for a relaxing beach day, with a lite lunch. But hey, it's your vacation. See what fits your budget, and have a good time. You won't have any problem getting a taxi near the pier, to the beach clubs. And when you leave the beach club, there will be taxis waiting outside to take you back to the ship......jonathan
I'm going to jump on the Paradise Beach bandwagon. Really think "Private Beach Club" vs beach in the public beach sense. I was confused whEn we went and it made so much more sense when we got there. I was concerned about where we would go once we got to Paradise Beach, but it's an enclosed private beach club with a nice pool and beach chairs as well as water floats to climb and jump on. I don't recall exactly but the base cost was $2 and then maybe it was $10 pp for the water things to use? We had a ton of fun on them so well worth it.

We were a family of 4 with 2 boys 6 and 4 and it was great for them. The bigger kids would probably like it even better.
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #13
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I'd like to nominate Chankanaab park. Cute sea lion shows, encounters if you want, or not, amazing beachside snorkeling (guided snorkel tours if you like), unbelieveable fresh food, great service, and hundreds of tiki huts to lounge under. We go each time and I'd happily go back.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #14
mschaber
Earning My Ears

At paradise beach do you just take a taxi from the ship and pay once you get there or is it something you need to somehow reserve in advance? This sounds like a great experience!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #15
mschaber
Earning My Ears

Oops - sorry, I just noticed that we can grab a cab quite easily - but still wondering if the beach club is something we need to arrange in advance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: