Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #31
SinceDay1
Counting the days until our next trip to WDW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetrip View Post
Are the doors metal? I just assumed they were wooden... But that would make more sense, now that I think about. But, even if they are, I like my wreath idea! I went on Ebay and typed in Chip and Dale, looking for little things to put on/in it... lots of options!!

Here's a question though... I know YOU guys won't think I'm crazy, but I have one of those "grumpy" non-Disney-inclined husbands. Once I get him there, he's fine, but I can't imagine how my wifely stock might plummet if he knows I went to the trouble of a)making the wreath and b)shipping it! Should I care??? He is a Bruce Springsteen nut. I have travelled thousands of miles to see Bruce with him and all of it with a smile on my face (granted, I love him too now) but STILL. I would LOVE it if he'd show me a little Disney love! Ok, that is my rant for the day, thank you for listening.
Yes!! The doors are metal, but DO NOT use anything sticky, ie. tape, hanging strips, hangers on the door, as if the paint is messed up, DCL will charge you greatly. If you can not get a real wreath, design one on a draw program and print it on magnet paper, you can get it at a craft store. Also, check the cruise section of the DISBOARDS for a lot of great door ideas!

Sorry to hijack the great Fort Wilderness thread.

Richard

ps. as for your husband, just keep working on him, do some planning and make it seem like it was his idea.... Here is some Pixie Dust for him!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #32
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinceDay1 View Post
. We are going to be camping in our fifth wheel late May into early June, mostly hanging at the Fort, but spending a few days working at Give Kids the World!

Richard
Yay for you working Give Kids the World! That is on my bucket list! When our DD10 is old enough, we will be there!

December 11, 2012

mousetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #33
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:

ps. as for your husband, just keep working on him, do some planning and make it seem like it was his idea.... Here is some Pixie Dust for him!
Oh thank you for that, Richard! And thank you for the magnet tips. Yes, I decked out 5 doors with magnets on the cruise so I am well versed! Now here we go again!!!

December 11, 2012

Old 01-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #34
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are the doors metal? I just assumed they were wooden... But that would make more sense, now that I think about. But, even if they are, I like my wreath idea! I went on Ebay and typed in Chip and Dale, looking for little things to put on/in it... lots of options!!
Haven't thought about Ebay! Great idea! I'll be checking it out....tonight

Quote:
Here's a question though... I know YOU guys won't think I'm crazy, but I have one of those "grumpy" non-Disney-inclined husbands. Once I get him there, he's fine, but I can't imagine how my wifely stock might plummet if he knows I went to the trouble of a)making the wreath and b)shipping it! Should I care??? He is a Bruce Springsteen nut. I have travelled thousands of miles to see Bruce with him and all of it with a smile on my face (granted, I love him too now) but STILL. I would LOVE it if he'd show me a little Disney love! Ok, that is my rant for the day, thank you for listening.
There are lots of "Grumpy" hubbies out there; you're not alone....promise! My DH can get in the Disney slumps at times Have you expressed your concerns about his Disney love?

Quote:
We are heading to the Bahamas! I am sure we will make a day trip to the Fort, as we always do when in the area. I have been going to the Fort since it first opened, go to the Camping board and look for the picture of the day, on the last page you will see me back in the early '70s at the Fort. I am working to scan more of the older photos from our trips there. Thanks again for all the break down of the Fort. We are going to be camping in our fifth wheel late May into early June, mostly hanging at the Fort, but spending a few days working at Give Kids the World!

Richard
No kidding!?! One of the veteran's, huh??!! I'll be checking out that picture thread asap

Your cruise sounds fabulous. DH is ready to do another one, too. We did the Dream in 2012 and would like to try one of Disney's other ships.

That's really great that y'all volunteer for that organization. I'm sure it's very rewarding. And perfect when you're already in Orlando at FW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Heather how did I miss this! LOVE the cabins We are too big now...unless I leave DH at home AWESOME job
Howdy there, Pas Maybe on one of your girl trips, you can stop by for a couple of nights. Well worth a visit Hope school is going well for you

Quote:

Sorry to hijack the great Fort Wilderness thread.
No apologies here, please! Hijack away!! You're a wealth of Disney knowledge

Quote:
Love it!! You're a smart man, Richard

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #35
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Ok....here's some wreath ideas I found. I like the grapevine wreath Mickey idea for sure. Perhaps I'll take this and do something with Chip n' Dale or Musket Mickey...making it a bit more for the Summer months, of course . In keeping with the theme of FW, burlap ribbon would also be cute. A wreath could easily be hung on the porch banisters along with your party lights, Jennifer

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #36
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Ok....here's some wreath ideas I found. I like the grapevine wreath Mickey idea for sure. Perhaps I'll take this and do something with Chip n' Dale or Musket Mickey...making it a bit more for the Summer months, of course . In keeping with the theme of FW, burlap ribbon would also be cute. A wreath could easily be hung on the porch banisters along with your party lights, Jennifer

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE that one on the left!! So FW!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!! Wouldn't it be fun if we made one and then found out through this thread who is overlapping our stay and we can pass it on to them ala pixie dust style so as not pack it home.... and so on and so on....

Do you think that a standard metal wreath hanger would be ok with the CM's?

Grumpy husband update... he was a little less Grumpy tonight, and a little more like Ebeneezer... but still, it was an improvement. I just have to kick my business in gear (as a photographer, this is normally my off season as I'm recovering from a busy fall wedding and Christmas portrait season!) Anyhow, if I can pay for a bigger chunk of it he will be happier. So... I advertised a class tonight (4 students signed up already!) and launched a gumballs and grins portrait event for little ones... no takers on that yet, but I JUST posted it. A bride called today and interviewed me an hour later and I thought, this is a sign! If I book this wedding, then there's a chunk of change I can put toward the trip. Alas, she said she'd call me next week (but secretly I'm pretty sure I got her!) Anyhow, my 40th bday is this summer, so he can hardly make me cancel, right???! lol Woe is the life of the Disney crazed spouse.

December 11, 2012

Old 01-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #37
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Howdy there, Pas Maybe on one of your girl trips, you can stop by for a couple of nights. Well worth a visit Hope school is going well for you
It's soooo nice there. We really had our best trip ever there! Even without the golf cart School is okay, a lot of work for week 1

LOVE both of those wreaths!!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #38
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Golf Cart?

Quote:
It's soooo nice there. We really had our best trip ever there! Even without the golf cart School is okay, a lot of work for week 1

Yes, can we talk about those golf carts. At $59 a day, I really thought we'd do it. So many people say they are must and I can understand why. But now, at $79 a day, I can't decide! I suppose I could wait and see how the budget looks closer to it, but I am encouraged by what you said above, should we have to forego it. I think we will splurge, but I'd love to hear from those who've done it with and without, and specifically from the cabin point of view, as we are a good chunk away from that Magic Kingdom boat!

December 11, 2012

Old 01-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #39
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, can we talk about those golf carts. At $59 a day, I really thought we'd do it. So many people say they are must and I can understand why. But now, at $79 a day, I can't decide! I suppose I could wait and see how the budget looks closer to it, but I am encouraged by what you said above, should we have to forego it. I think we will splurge, but I'd love to hear from those who've done it with and without, and specifically from the cabin point of view, as we are a good chunk away from that Magic Kingdom boat!
I just called yesterday and made a golf cart reservation for later this month. The $79 cart seats six people. They still have the $59 that seats four. so unless you need a larger one you can still get one for $59! Hope that helsp.

We have stayed both with and without a golf cart and we really prefer to have one. It's just such a fun, easy way to get around what really is a BIG resort. If you get to the pool and realize you forgot the sunscreen just hop on the cart and run back to your site/cabin. So much easier than waiting on a bus. Plus, as you said the cabins are a good distance from the MK boat. Not too bad heading out, but after a long exhausting day at the MK we like to get off our feet and to our beds ASAP. However, we have stayed when our budget didn't allow for a cart and we still had a great time. We brought our bicycles and still managed to get around pretty easily. Either way I'm sure you will have a great time!

Last edited by Grumpymom73; 01-11-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Grumpymom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #40
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE that one on the left!! So FW!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!! Wouldn't it be fun if we made one and then found out through this thread who is overlapping our stay and we can pass it on to them ala pixie dust style so as not pack it home.... and so on and so on....
Nice idea! My mother is very crafty, so I'm going to pick her brain. When we put something together, I'll post a pic.

Quote:
Do you think that a standard metal wreath hanger would be ok with the CM's?
Not sure. I would assume it would be ok as long as it doesn't scratch the door. A wreath could also we attached to the porch.

Quote:
Grumpy husband update... he was a little less Grumpy tonight, and a little more like Ebeneezer... but still, it was an improvement. I just have to kick my business in gear (as a photographer, this is normally my off season as I'm recovering from a busy fall wedding and Christmas portrait season!) Anyhow, if I can pay for a bigger chunk of it he will be happier. So... I advertised a class tonight (4 students signed up already!) and launched a gumballs and grins portrait event for little ones... no takers on that yet, but I JUST posted it. A bride called today and interviewed me an hour later and I thought, this is a sign! If I book this wedding, then there's a chunk of change I can put toward the trip. Alas, she said she'd call me next week (but secretly I'm pretty sure I got her!) Anyhow, my 40th bday is this summer, so he can hardly make me cancel, right???! lol Woe is the life of the Disney crazed spouse.
for Grumpy making strides Day by day...you never know, he may turn into a Disney lover after all. And two for more photo bookings!!! And no canceling! You have a bday coming up!!!

Quote:

glad to hear school is okay...at least you aren't saying "bad". You've totally got this, Pas

When my mom and I create our new FW wreath, I'll post a pic (DH is just rolling his eyes and laughing as I type )

Quote:
I'm NOT a good one to ask about this My kids love a golf cart. But if Pas says it was fine, it had to be Seriously. What about renting bikes?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #41
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73 View Post
I just called yesterday and made a golf cart reservation for later this month. The $79 cart seats six people. They still have the $59 that seats four. so unless you need a larger one you can still get one for $59! Hope that helsp.
We have stayed both with and without a golf cart and we really prefer to have one. It's just such a fun, easy way to get around what really is a BIG resort. If you get to the pool and realize you forgot the sunscreen just hop on the cart and run back to your site/cabin. So much easier than waiting on a bus. Plus, as you said the cabins are a good distance from the MK boat. Not too bad heading out, but after a long exhausting day at the MK we like to get off our feet and to our beds ASAP. However, we have stayed when our budget didn't allow for a cart and we still had a great time. We brought our bicycles and still managed to get around pretty easily. Either way I'm sure you will have a great time!
Great info! Y'all must be heading down soon, huh?! When I called to make our golf cart ressie, I asked bout the 6 seater. The CM told me they were first come, first serve. We did reserve the 4 seater golf cart, but can't be guaranteed the 6 seater. She told us that when we check-in, go ahead and ask. If they don't have one, they will put our name on a waiting list.

Your ticker looks awesome!! We did that same "split" (if that's what you want to call it) with the Dream and AKL CL. LOVED both!!! We were very pleased with the food and service at AKL. We were always a little leery about trying that resort, but ended up really enjoying the stay.

Happy Planning!!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #42
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Ok Grumpymom73...I know I saw a different ticker on your signature now it's gone. Am I crazy?! It did say AKL/Dream, right?!!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #43
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok Grumpymom73...I know I saw a different ticker on your signature now it's gone. Am I crazy?! It did say AKL/Dream, right?!! Heather

No you are not crazy! LOL
I just changed my ticker. I guess I don't post enough because I realized that was from this past summer! Just booked a long weekend at the Fort so I had something to change it to
Old 01-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #44
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

I have a question for all of you who stay in the cabins....

Do you do online checkin? If so what is a good location/loop to request?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #45
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73 View Post
No you are not crazy! LOL
I just changed my ticker. I guess I don't post enough because I realized that was from this past summer! Just booked a long weekend at the Fort so I had something to change it to
Oh thank heavens!! After I posted my reply to you, I looked at your ticker again and it didn't say Dream/AKL. I thought ..."surely I didn't misread that!" Well...hope your cruise and CL was fun

Long weekends at the Fort are the best!!! Are you camping or in a cabin?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: