Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #406
rosa727
Earning My Ears

We are planning our first trip to FW, as we just bought our first camper recently and would like to experience camping at Disney. We have 3 small kids, a d we plan on renting a golf cart. However, I would also really like to be in loop 100 so we can walk to the marina. Can anyone tell me how likely I am to be able to get this loop and what will increase my odds? Do I need to get a "premium" campsite? We have a 33 foot trailer anyway, so we need a large spot. What is the best way to go about making requests? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #407
nursemickey
Earning My Ears

New to the fort

After a lot of resort changes we have decided on staying in the cabins at the fort (June 11-18). It will be our first time. DH and I are bringing 3 of our DD (14, 10, 5). We have stayed at CSR and I have stayed at POP but that is it. We were originally booked to stay at GF but DH didnt want to stay around "snooty uptight" people and loved the grounds when we went to HDDR last year. I really hope that he can relax here. He is looking forward to grilling on the BBQ.

We will have our car but I am interested in renting a golf cart too. Who off site do you recommend to save a few bucks? Thanks so much!

CSR 3/2012, 6/2013, 2/2014
Fort Wildnerness cabins 6/2014
nursemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #408
Jeepin Dad
Mouseketeer

Having a great time so far, we have been hitting the parks pretty hard so we haven't spent that much time at the fort. We have found the internal transportation pretty convenient so far other than one long wait to get from the Polynesian to HS this morning, we ended up waiting for over an hour. It ended up working out really for us but was pretty stressful while we were going through it. As soon as we got off the bus at HS the boys and I left Wendy to get through bag check and we ran and luckily were able to get a couple of the last spots for Jedi Training Academy, which the boys loved. For the long bus wait they did give us a fourth fast pass that we were able to use to go through the fast pass line a second time for Toy Story Midway Mania.

We did Epcot on Sunday and the park looks awesome with the flower festival going on. And I got to meet Donald Duck!!!!!
Jeepin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #409
EnchantedSurprise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad View Post
As soon as we got off the bus at HS the boys and I left Wendy to get through bag check and we ran and luckily were able to get a couple of the last spots for Jedi Training Academy, which the boys loved. For the long bus wait they did give us a fourth fast pass that we were able to use to go through the fast pass line a second time for Toy Story Midway Mania.

We did Epcot on Sunday and the park looks awesome with the flower festival going on. And I got to meet Donald Duck!!!!!
Sounds like a great day at DHS!

I decided to rent a pop up for the week we are there. I considered tent camping but we have no supplies or experience so I decided to rent some comfort.

I am getting so excited. I still have ten months to go, not spilling the beans is going to be so hard!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #410
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemickey View Post
After a lot of resort changes we have decided on staying in the cabins at the fort (June 11-18). It will be our first time. DH and I are bringing 3 of our DD (14, 10, 5). We have stayed at CSR and I have stayed at POP but that is it. We were originally booked to stay at GF but DH didnt want to stay around "snooty uptight" people and loved the grounds when we went to HDDR last year. I really hope that he can relax here. He is looking forward to grilling on the BBQ. We will have our car but I am interested in renting a golf cart too. Who off site do you recommend to save a few bucks? Thanks so much!
I think you will enjoy FW. We stayed our first time in the cabins the last week of Jan. and loved it. Rented our golf cart from Kenny @ TeeTimeGolfCarts.com. I've heard some mixed comments on whether or not they are still able to rent carts as an offsite vendor. Enjoy your trip😊
neeleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #411
Jeepin Dad
Mouseketeer

We have been having an awesome time so far. We have been going pretty hard, hitting the parks every day since we got here Saturday. Yesterday we decided to end our day at AK mid afternoon and take a few hours to relax back at the campground. We had a nice dinner at Trails End, met fellow Disboard member Bama Ed, and took in the sing along with Chip and Dale and watched Cars under the stars.

Today is our last park day, we are heading to Magic Kingdom again. Tomorrow we plan to relax some at the fort, maybe head to Downtown Disney for a bit, and we have Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, it is also my wife's birthday.

Friday we have a Breakfast reservation at Trails End then we start the drive home to Pa.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #412
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have been having an awesome time so far. We have been going pretty hard, hitting the parks every day since we got here Saturday. Yesterday we decided to end our day at AK mid afternoon and take a few hours to relax back at the campground. We had a nice dinner at Trails End, met fellow Disboard member Bama Ed, and took in the sing along with Chip and Dale and watched Cars under the stars. Today is our last park day, we are heading to Magic Kingdom again. Tomorrow we plan to relax some at the fort, maybe head to Downtown Disney for a bit, and we have Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, it is also my wife's birthday. Friday we have a Breakfast reservation at Trails End then we start the drive home to Pa.
Has FP+ made the stand-by lines horrendous at ALL of the (secondary) attractions? Can you tell us what the wait times were-appx.? We'll be there soon and I'm dreading the change; we were so good with the 'old' system : (
Old 03-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #413
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Disney Burlap...

JoAnn's had some super cute Disney burlap. That's right, I said burlap! And I bought some. So, instead of a wreath, we're talking some sort of hanging thingamajig for the door... I couldn't resist!!!

I have combed over our plans and tweaked and tweaked. And I must say I am actually EXCITED about the new FP+... well, or at least pleased... it's nice to know we'll get all our must-do's in no matter what time we choose to wake up. I think this is actually allowing us to take a more relaxed pace... and it's making me look again at the things that don't cost money, or aren't in high demand... I think we may actually take a "hike" around Tom Sawyer's Island! And we're definitely "enrolling" in the animation academy at Studios...

Magic bands are ON THE WAY!!!! It's cold and rainy outside tonight, but knowing those bands are on a mail truck and almost here makes me SMILE!

Wishing safe travels to all you spring breakers at the Fort... thanks for the posts... nice to hear how it's going!
mousetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 AM   #414
Jeepin Dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
Has FP+ made the stand-by lines horrendous at ALL of the (secondary) attractions? Can you tell us what the wait times were-appx.? We'll be there soon and I'm dreading the change; we were so good with the 'old' system : (
We didn't find the lines at the secondary attractions were that bad, most of them were 10-30 minutes most of the week, yesterday they were at Magic Kingdom the park was really busy and by the afternoon it seemed like everything had a long line. I found FP+ easy to use, I was able to adjust times or change attractions while in the park using MDE on my phone, it got harder to change things the later in the day as there were fewer choices.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #415
ForeverAlice
Mouseketeer

Hello! I was wondering if we get take away from trails end can we bring it on the bus as long as we aren't eating it there?
Also is the walk long from settlement depot to the boat launch?
Thank you!
ForeverAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #416
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlice View Post
Hello! I was wondering if we get take away from trails end can we bring it on the bus as long as we aren't eating it there?
Thank you!
I'm not sure about the carry out of food. We ate ate Trails End and it was a buffet, which I would assume you couldn't do carry out, but there is a carry out section as well and I don't think they would care if you had it on the bus....probably wouldn't even know actually. The walk from the settlement depot to the boat launch is not far at all. A very easy walk.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #417
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa727 View Post
We are planning our first trip to FW, as we just bought our first camper recently and would like to experience camping at Disney. We have 3 small kids, a d we plan on renting a golf cart. However, I would also really like to be in loop 100 so we can walk to the marina. Can anyone tell me how likely I am to be able to get this loop and what will increase my odds? Do I need to get a "premium" campsite? We have a 33 foot trailer anyway, so we need a large spot. What is the best way to go about making requests? Thanks!
Congrats on making that ressie for the Fort!! You can call Disney and make that request. They will add it to your reservation. The CMs have always done a great job granting request or at least trying to get close to the request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemickey View Post
After a lot of resort changes we have decided on staying in the cabins at the fort (June 11-18). It will be our first time. DH and I are bringing 3 of our DD (14, 10, 5). We have stayed at CSR and I have stayed at POP but that is it. We were originally booked to stay at GF but DH didnt want to stay around "snooty uptight" people and loved the grounds when we went to HDDR last year. I really hope that he can relax here. He is looking forward to grilling on the BBQ.

We will have our car but I am interested in renting a golf cart too. Who off site do you recommend to save a few bucks? Thanks so much!
Yay for booking the Fort! Ya know, that's exactly how we decided to give FW a try. We visited and did the HDDR and that's all it took Not to sway you away from the Fort, but the GF really is quite nice. It kind of gets a bad rap, but believe it or not they are kid friendly Our kids love it. Don't cross it off your list just yet But one thing is for sure....the Fort is a bit more laid back!!

As of now (things could change) we're renting from the Fort for our golf cart. I've heard mixed reviews about some of the other places, so I'm holding off until I hear from some of our folks that have upcoming trips.

Quote:
Having a great time so far, we have been hitting the parks pretty hard so we haven't spent that much time at the fort. We have found the internal transportation pretty convenient so far other than one long wait to get from the Polynesian to HS this morning, we ended up waiting for over an hour. It ended up working out really for us but was pretty stressful while we were going through it. As soon as we got off the bus at HS the boys and I left Wendy to get through bag check and we ran and luckily were able to get a couple of the last spots for Jedi Training Academy, which the boys loved. For the long bus wait they did give us a fourth fast pass that we were able to use to go through the fast pass line a second time for Toy Story Midway Mania.

Yikes!!!! An hour!!! At least it worked out for y'all! And you got an extra FP for TSM. So glad your trip has been going well!!!!

Quote:
We have been having an awesome time so far. We have been going pretty hard, hitting the parks every day since we got here Saturday. Yesterday we decided to end our day at AK mid afternoon and take a few hours to relax back at the campground. We had a nice dinner at Trails End, met fellow Disboard member Bama Ed, and took in the sing along with Chip and Dale and watched Cars under the stars.

Today is our last park day, we are heading to Magic Kingdom again. Tomorrow we plan to relax some at the fort, maybe head to Downtown Disney for a bit, and we have Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, it is also my wife's birthday.

Friday we have a Breakfast reservation at Trails End then we start the drive home to Pa.
Is it time to come home???!!! Say it ain't so!!! And tell your wife Happy Birthday!!!! Hope it was a fabulous day for her!

Sounds like y'all have had a wonderful trip and a nice reprieve from the cold. Safe travels on your journey home. Look forward to lots of details...and maybe some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetrip View Post
JoAnn's had some super cute Disney burlap. That's right, I said burlap! And I bought some. So, instead of a wreath, we're talking some sort of hanging thingamajig for the door... I couldn't resist!!!

I have combed over our plans and tweaked and tweaked. And I must say I am actually EXCITED about the new FP+... well, or at least pleased... it's nice to know we'll get all our must-do's in no matter what time we choose to wake up. I think this is actually allowing us to take a more relaxed pace... and it's making me look again at the things that don't cost money, or aren't in high demand... I think we may actually take a "hike" around Tom Sawyer's Island! And we're definitely "enrolling" in the animation academy at Studios...

Magic bands are ON THE WAY!!!! It's cold and rainy outside tonight, but knowing those bands are on a mail truck and almost here makes me SMILE!

Wishing safe travels to all you spring breakers at the Fort... thanks for the posts... nice to hear how it's going!
Hi there Glad to hear you're keeping yourself occupied with Disney planning! Your burlap sounds good to me! And I'm with ya on the FPs. So tell me about the animation academy. Faith is our little artist so maybe this is something we should do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlice View Post
Thank you!
You can take food on the bus for sure. People bring all kinds of things on the buses No worries there.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #418
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Does anyone, besides me, sometimes feel like stomping their feet and throwing a fit worthy of a 2 year old because they want to go to Disney? I know I shouldn't wish the summer away, especially since we had such a crappy never ending (it's snowing right now) winter. But I don't think September is ever going to get here. LOL. I can't wait to be there.

Last edited by Haygar2; 03-31-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Haygar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #419
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Hi all! I have a friend that just booked a cabin and would like to know if it's possible to ride bikes to the boat launch and leave them there locked up while they are at MK. TIA!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #420
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
Hi all! I have a friend that just booked a cabin and would like to know if it's possible to ride bikes to the boat launch and leave them there locked up while they are at MK. TIA!
Yes you can ride bikes to the marina area and lock them up there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: