Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #16
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Our Cabin Awaits!

What a great thread to keep me excited about our trip!! Thanks for all the maps and photos and tips. We are coming May 5-13th. DH and DD10. I know I'll think of lots of questions but for now, can you tell me if there is an outlet on the porch of the cabin, say for party lights? Also, are there coffee makers in the kitchen (please say yes!!)

December 11, 2012

mousetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #17
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetrip View Post
What a great thread to keep me excited about our trip!! Thanks for all the maps and photos and tips. We are coming May 5-13th. DH and DD10. I know I'll think of lots of questions but for now, can you tell me if there is an outlet on the porch of the cabin, say for party lights? Also, are there coffee makers in the kitchen (please say yes!!)

Hi Jennifer!

Lots of fun....9 days at FW!!! I bet your daughter is super excited, isn't she?! Y'all are going at a great time of year. The weather isn't too hot and not too cool, and usually the crowds are low - even better, right!

If I remember correctly, there is an outlet outside. So, you're going to bring party lights!!?? And I'm 150% sure there are coffee pots....2 to be exact. There's a 4 cup and a 10 cup - take your pick . I'm a huge coffee fan, too. It's a must-have in the morning.

Happy Planning!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #18
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

well gee whiz....isn't that the nicest darn resort thread y'all ever did see????

I"ll be fixin to stay there sometime!

(bad grammar intended for humorous purposes) Good job Heather!!!!!!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #19
Mama Steph
DIS Veteran

Jennifer, now I need to bring party lights too! I think I'll take the ones from my camper!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Mama Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #20
SinceDay1
Counting the days until our next trip to WDW!!!

Very nice, would be cool to some link this thread to the camping board on the Dis, where a lot of visitors to the Fort post.

Richard
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #21
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
well gee whiz....isn't that the nicest darn resort thread y'all ever did see????

I"ll be fixin to stay there sometime!

(bad grammar intended for humorous purposes) Good job Heather!!!!!!
Well Erin, we're gonna have to work on that Southern slang of yours You crack me up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Steph View Post
Jennifer, now I need to bring party lights too! I think I'll take the ones from my camper!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Now you both have me thinking about taking party lights

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #22
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinceDay1 View Post
Very nice, would be cool to some link this thread to the camping board on the Dis, where a lot of visitors to the Fort post.

Richard
Thanks Richard! Is there a way to link it over there? I'm not really sure...wish I knew. But you're right, the Camping Thread has lots of traffic for the Fort, especially those in RVs, campers and tents. I'm more of a cabin girl, myself

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #23
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Party Lights and more!

Well, maybe we'll just have to start something, eh? We can't let those folks in the trailers have all the fun!
Also, when we were the Dream, we decorated our door with magnets. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a fun way to decorate our door at the cabin, that's allowed and not harmful to it. I would LOVE to do a wreath of some sort, decked out with Chip and Dale and Daniel Boone Donald etc, but it would have to be shipped to be there when we arrived. Not completely crazy, but a little bit! It would be great to come up with something else that was travel friendly.... any ideas anyone?

December 11, 2012

Old 01-10-2014, 05:30 AM   #24
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Since I have (another) 2-hour school delay, this would be a great time for a little Christmas 2013 FW cheer…

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #25
SinceDay1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Thanks Richard! Is there a way to link it over there? I'm not really sure...wish I knew. But you're right, the Camping Thread has lots of traffic for the Fort, especially those in RVs, campers and tents. I'm more of a cabin girl, myself

I am not sure how to link, I will mess around and see, this is a great thread, I know all my camping friends, both RV/tent and cabins, would love this thread!! I will let you know and thanks for a great thread!

Richard
Old 01-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #26
SinceDay1

Quote:
Well, maybe we'll just have to start something, eh? We can't let those folks in the trailers have all the fun!
Also, when we were the Dream, we decorated our door with magnets. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a fun way to decorate our door at the cabin, that's allowed and not harmful to it. I would LOVE to do a wreath of some sort, decked out with Chip and Dale and Daniel Boone Donald etc, but it would have to be shipped to be there when we arrived. Not completely crazy, but a little bit! It would be great to come up with something else that was travel friendly.... any ideas anyone?

I am not sure how, but maybe some very strong magnets will hold it on there. We always have Fort Wilderness items on our cruise doors, working on something for our Feb. Magic cruise, if I can think of something, I will let you know!

Richard
Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #27
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love the squirrels!! And love the wreath idea with Chip and Dale!! I've already been on Pinterest looking for ideas. When I find something, I'll post a pic. And don't worry about being "crazy". Where else can you go and see grown men walking around with Mickey hats and shirts and not think twice??!! ONLY Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Since I have (another) 2-hour school delay, this would be a great time for a little Christmas 2013 FW cheer…
What in the world?! I thought the weather was clearing. Rain forecasted for us.

Thank ya for sharing the pic!!! Now you've given me another idea... Something to put on my golf cart!! Since it will be June, it's going to have to be a Summer time theme. And when DH tells me I'm over the top, I'll just blame the idea on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinceDay1 View Post
I am not sure how to link, I will mess around and see, this is a great thread, I know all my camping friends, both RV/tent and cabins, would love this thread!! I will let you know and thanks for a great thread!

Richard
I appreciate that, Richard. Thanks a million! And have fun on the Magic...not too many more weeks! Where are y'all cruising?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #28
mousetrip
Mouseketeer

Metal Doors on Cabins?

Are the doors metal? I just assumed they were wooden... But that would make more sense, now that I think about. But, even if they are, I like my wreath idea! I went on Ebay and typed in Chip and Dale, looking for little things to put on/in it... lots of options!!

Here's a question though... I know YOU guys won't think I'm crazy, but I have one of those "grumpy" non-Disney-inclined husbands. Once I get him there, he's fine, but I can't imagine how my wifely stock might plummet if he knows I went to the trouble of a)making the wreath and b)shipping it! Should I care??? He is a Bruce Springsteen nut. I have travelled thousands of miles to see Bruce with him and all of it with a smile on my face (granted, I love him too now) but STILL. I would LOVE it if he'd show me a little Disney love! Ok, that is my rant for the day, thank you for listening.

December 11, 2012

Old 01-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
SinceDay1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Love the squirrels!! And love the wreath idea with Chip and Dale!! I've already been on Pinterest looking for ideas. When I find something, I'll post a pic. And don't worry about being "crazy". Where else can you go and see grown men walking around with Mickey hats and shirts and not think twice??!! ONLY Disney!

What in the world?! I thought the weather was clearing. Rain forecasted for us.

Thank ya for sharing the pic!!! Now you've given me another idea... Something to put on my golf cart!! Since it will be June, it's going to have to be a Summer time theme. And when DH tells me I'm over the top, I'll just blame the idea on you

I appreciate that, Richard. Thanks a million! And have fun on the Magic...not too many more weeks! Where are y'all cruising?

We are heading to the Bahamas! I am sure we will make a day trip to the Fort, as we always do when in the area. I have been going to the Fort since it first opened, go to the Camping board and look for the picture of the day, on the last page you will see me back in the early '70s at the Fort. I am working to scan more of the older photos from our trips there. Thanks again for all the break down of the Fort. We are going to be camping in our fifth wheel late May into early June, mostly hanging at the Fort, but spending a few days working at Give Kids the World!

Richard
Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #30
pas130
DIS Veteran

Heather how did I miss this! LOVE the cabins We are too big now...unless I leave DH at home AWESOME job

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: