Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
boomar
Mouseketeer

Talking Magic Bands or Key to the World

This is for all the Disney experts out there.. I do a lot of research every year we plan a Disney vacation and I have read somewhere that Disney was changing to Magic Bands that will replace the Key to the world... We are planning to soon book a vacation with resort and park hopper, we will not be doing dinning plan this time.. So if they are changing to wrist bands, will this include fast pass option for people who stay at the resorts, and how do you get into the rooms with the bands . Very curious to see if this is in fact what is the new way, and if so are all resorts in effect with the new system

I apologize if this is not the place to post

Thank you
Old 01-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Yes, all Disney Resorts are converting to Magic Bands

You are correct in that the Keys to the World are being replaced with Magic Bands. This conversion has been taking place for several months. I read on another thread that all the resorts will just be issuing the Magic Bands
by the end of January. So, any future trips onsite will be using the Magic Bands. The Magic Bands give you access to your room by just touching the band on a plate on the resort door.

On the Disney site, there are videos that show you what the Magic Bands are and how they work. They will have your dining reservations on them and also the FastPasses that you schedule ahead of your trip on them as well.

From the Disney website, it states that the Magic Bands will also be used to make purchases.

I hope this helps you plan your trip.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
boomar
Mouseketeer

Yes it does thank you for your prompt response... I am assuming that this runs more smoothly than the keys to the world or they would not have transitioned to it....

I will check the site out, because there were a few more questions like what happens if the band falls off, can you take them off to shower at night, swimming etc.. So I will check the Disney site out. Thanks again

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: