Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
chocolateavocado
Mouseketeer

Help Me Choose Resort(s) :)

Hi, again!

We visted WDW this past mid Nov for the 1st time / stayed 5 nights at Poly.
We're trying to decide when to go back next year- and with all of your suggestions based on our options, I think we've decided to go for Thanksgiving next year (Nov 2014).

I thought we had it figured out at least partly on where to stay, after viewing tons of online photos here and other sites & perusing the awesome threads here...I'm undecided again

It'll be me, dh & ds6 - he'll be 7 at time of our next trip. Our favorite parks were MK and then Epcot. We liked AK but didn't care much for DHS...liked a few rides so that'll prob just be a 1/2 day next time. We really, really liked (ok, LOVED) the monorail as opposed to the buses and ds has a little fear of boats for some reason, so we didn't use any boat trans.

The Poly was nice, but when we ate at GF I fell in love with that resort. It's just so beautiful. I thought I definately wanted to stay there next time. BUT, when I was looking at the room pics last night, well...I'm not so sure. I don't like the way the guest rooms look. I do, however, love the look of the GF's new DVC but it shows no availability at all for next November.

Seeing all the photos on here last night, I actually really reallly liked the look of the rooms at Bay Lake Tower- something that really suprised me The photos of AKL look reallly nice too.

So, right now what I'm thinking of is either a split stay between BLT & AKL, just BLT or BLT & GF (fingers crossed that the new dvc part opens some availability), or if the GF does have availability in the new villas, maybe just there?
Any suggestions or thoughts? What would you guys do? Or, are there any other options / resorts you like better- either?
Thanks in adavance!! You guys rock!!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI, GF is supposed to undergo a room refurb this year starting this month....if that makes a difference.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
chocolateavocado
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just an FYI, GF is supposed to undergo a room refurb this year starting this month....if that makes a difference.
That would be awesome!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
HereForMinnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateavocado View Post
Hi, again!

We're trying to decide when to go back next year- and with all of your suggestions based on our options, I think we've decided to go for Thanksgiving next year (Nov 2014).

I thought we had it figured out at least partly on where to stay, after viewing tons of online photos here and other sites & perusing the awesome threads here...I'm undecided again

It'll be me, dh & ds6 - he'll be 7 at time of our next trip. Our favorite parks were MK and then Epcot. We liked AK but didn't care much for DHS...liked a few rides so that'll prob just be a 1/2 day next time. We really, really liked (ok, LOVED) the monorail as opposed to the buses and ds has a little fear of boats for some reason, so we didn't use any boat trans.

The Poly was nice, but when we ate at GF I fell in love with that resort. It's just so beautiful. I thought I definately wanted to stay there next time. BUT, when I was looking at the room pics last night, well...I'm not so sure. I don't like the way the guest rooms look. I do, however, love the look of the GF's new DVC but it shows no availability at all for next November.

Seeing all the photos on here last night, I actually really reallly liked the look of the rooms at Bay Lake Tower- something that really suprised me The photos of AKL look reallly nice too.

So, right now what I'm thinking of is either a split stay between BLT & AKL, just BLT or BLT & GF (fingers crossed that the new dvc part opens some availability), or if the GF does have availability in the new villas, maybe just there?
Any suggestions or thoughts? What would you guys do? Or, are there any other options / resorts you like better- either?
I'm happy to hear about those room refurbs! I hope they stay with the theme.

As far as booking, according to what a CM told me today, Disney let's DVC book their dates first and then the general public can book DVC rooms about 6-8 months before their date.

I would choose VGF and AKL/V but you seem really excited about BLT (and we stopped by there during one of our trips; it was so quiet and peaceful, I get the appeal). Follow your heart.
HereForMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

We did a BLT/AKL split and it was amazing!! We had not one complaint about either resort..... Have fun!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
beggerboy
Earning My Ears

Stayed at BLT 1 bedroom, 2 years ago loved it. Did not want to stay there initially, but am booking another stay this summer since it turned out better than I expected.
beggerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateavocado View Post
Hi, again!

My choice would be a split between GF (or VGF) and AKL, but if BLT is definitely one of the resorts, I'd do a BLT/AKL split. We've never stayed at BLT and are hoping to try the CR later this year, but we love AKL and I think that would be a great split with a monorail resort. With that said, the GF rooms are in need of a refurb, but they are still very nice, IMO (although I can see how they might be unappealing also). With that said, I don't think any of them are bad choices. Good luck with your decision.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: