Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
Narawen
Mouseketeer

Best Option for 6 Adults?

My family and I are thinking of going Dec 2014 and will have 6 adults (two married couples and two single ladies) needing 4 beds. One room will need to be handicap accessible.

We'd prefer not to stay at a value resort. Different members of the family have stayed at CSR and POFQ/POR before and we like those. Is there a more cost-effective way than getting 3 moderate rooms? Would the cabins at Fort Wilderness cover this? Or is there some DVC or Deluxe room combo that would work for 6 adults?
2010: Pop Century 2011: Coronado Springs
2012 : Coronado Springs October 2013: Last Minute Coronado Springs F&W Trip
Narawen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narawen View Post
My family and I are thinking of going Dec 2014 and will have 6 adults (two married couples and two single ladies) needing 4 beds. One room will need to be handicap accessible. We'd prefer not to stay at a value resort. Different members of the family have stayed at CSR and POFQ/POR before and we like those. Is there a more cost-effective way than getting 3 moderate rooms? Would the cabins at Fort Wilderness cover this? Or is there some DVC or Deluxe room combo that would work for 6 adults?
The cabins would be crowded with 6 adults. You would have to put 2 people in bunk beds and only have 1 bathroom. I would do a DVC 2 bedroom at either BLT or AKV Kidani, you would have 3 bathrooms.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
jimandami
DIS Veteran

The cabins would have enough beds, but idk how comfortable it would be for adults to sleep on bunk beds. If you went the DVC route, you could rent points for a 2 bedroom, which would have a King (master), a sleeper sofa and maybe sleeper chair (living room), plus 2 queens or a queen and a sleeper sofa (second bedroom). You would also have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and jet tub in the master. I'm not sure it would be cheaper than 3 moderate rooms though. It COULD, especially at OKW or SSR. We are doing a lake view 2 bedroom at BLT in Oct split between 3 families and it ends up being right around $200/family per night.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: