Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
stephielela
DIS Veteran

"Step right up and come on in! Here is where the fun begins!"

Hola Everyone!!! Welcome to another installment of the Many Adventures of Mommy and Jack! This story will be about our WONDER-ful vacation aboard the Disney Wonder! Be prepared for plenty of pictures and many details of our 7 night cruise and one day Disneyland Extravaganza!

Here we are, me (mommy) :

and he (Jack- DS3):

You'd have a face like Jack's if your mommy looked like that too! I only look like that on travel days Just kidding, I was getting my hair done for a friends wedding, I just thought it would be entertaining!

So to set the scene, our Mexican Riveiera cruise was Oct 30-Nov 6 out of LA and we were spending a night at Disneyland before coming home. I worked 9 days in row prior to my vacation, and things got a bit hectic towards the end. Needless to say, this was a much needed vacation. Here is the PTR Up next, traveling day!

Last edited by stephielela; 11-09-2011 at 01:25 PM.
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Traveling Day
Getting to the Boat!
Getting on the boat!

Our Room!
Meet and greet, sailaway, dinner...
Day 1, the end!

Day 2.1
Day 2.2
Day 3.1
Day 3.2
Day 4.1
Day 4.2
Day 4.3
Day 5.1
Day 5.2
Day 5.3
Day 6.1
Day 6.2
Day 6.3
Day 7.1
Day 7.2
Day 7.3
The end- part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Heading Home
Final Thoughts

Last edited by stephielela; 01-01-2012 at 09:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
stephielela
DIS Veteran

We had free flights through Southwest since we have been flying a lot the past couple of years, so that was a major selling point since airfare to CA (we live in Kansas City) is usually pretty pricey. I took the risk and booked us on flights the morning of our departure day. Typically I wouldn't risk that, but with the time change and the good weather forecast, I decided to cut out the expense of a hotel the night before the cruise and go same day.

Our flight left at 7 am, and we thankfully live only a few minutes from the airport so my dad being the kind and generous soul he is dropped us off at 6 am, which meant I was up at 5:15 to get dressed and walk the dog.

I managed to get all our stuff in 2 suitcases (at 48 pounds each) and 3 carry ons, so we were set. We did curbside check in and and breezed through security. Turns out they don't make little kids take off their shoes to go through security! This was a relief becuase for some reason this really upsets Jack.

Soon we were sitting calmly, drinking chocolate milk, and waiting to board!

Our plane:

Carry ons:

I borrowed the Baggalini from my mom. It ended up being attached to me most of the trip...

Soon we were on the plane!!!

Mickey decided to join us for our Halloween getaway!

Jack had a cookie for breakfast while watching the Thanksgiving episode of Charlie Brown:

We had a layover in Denver:

We got into LAX a few minutes early!! We were scheduled to arrive at 10:10 but we were off the plane before 10 am! I was so glad we decided to risk the same day flight! Saving that $100 was worth it in this instance

Last edited by stephielela; 11-11-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Dream426
Love Disney!!

YAY!! Glad to see you started. Your son is so adorable. Can't wait to read more.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Ok, I haven't read far...but I just have to say I LOVE that picture of you. Are you submitting that for Michelle to use?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Kman34
Mouseketeer

We leave on Sunday and have been hoping that a new Wonder TR would come along....Thanks!

Looking forward to reading about your trip and seeing the pictures.
Kman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
Timon

DIS Junkie

I'm in
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Great start Love your hair

Your son is absolutely adorable. He has gorgeous eyes!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Can't wait to hear more!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I'm in!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

Checking in

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #13
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

I'm so impressed! You've barely been back for a few days & you've already started! You have me beat for sure -- I've been home 2 months and just started yesterday!

Thank goodness for nice daddy's, right?! My dad took us to the airport too (both this year & last year actually). It's sooo nice not to have to pay for parking at the airport -- it would've cost us an additional $120 or so for 10 days. I felt bad I wasn't able to return the favor for my parents this year, but I did take them/pick them up last year!

So glad you loved your mom's Baggalini! Maybe you should buy one for yourself -- or ask for one for Christmas!

I have the same exact Baggalini & it was recommended to me by many DISers before I actually decided on which to buy! I love the water bottle compartment and the "secret compartment" for money and/or credit cards! I have it in "pewter" which is actually just grey but they have so many colors to choose from! They have a lime green & bright blue that are super cute!

I love reading your reports because Jack & Luke are just so similar!!! I have a picture of Luke on the plane that looks almost identical to the one of Jack! I'll have to post on my report if I didn't already! lol!

I cannot wait to hear all about your cruise!!!

So glad your flights worked out so well time-wise & you were able to save that extra money!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
YAY!! Glad to see you started. Your son is so adorable. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks!! You should see him when he is mad... not as cute then

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Ok found it...now I need to go back and read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Ok, I haven't read far...but I just have to say I LOVE that picture of you. Are you submitting that for Michelle to use?

Oooh do you think that would boost business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
We leave on Sunday and have been hoping that a new Wonder TR would come along....Thanks!

Looking forward to reading about your trip and seeing the pictures.
Let me know if you have any questions, since you leave so soon, I might not get very far into my report by then! I am so jealous, I wish I was going back... You will have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I'm in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I'm here!

Great start Love your hair

Your son is absolutely adorable. He has gorgeous eyes!

Thanks! The things we do for beauty!

Thanks, we are not really sure where Jack got those eyes, since basically EVERYONE he is related to has blue eyes... he's the oddball I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
Can't wait to hear more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I'm in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaOC-Mom View Post
Checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Don't worry, it has become my goal to get as many people on this cruise!! I will give you as many details as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
I'm so impressed! You've barely been back for a few days & you've already started! You have me beat for sure -- I've been home 2 months and just started yesterday!

Thank goodness for nice daddy's, right?! My dad took us to the airport too (both this year & last year actually). It's sooo nice not to have to pay for parking at the airport -- it would've cost us an additional $120 or so for 10 days. I felt bad I wasn't able to return the favor for my parents this year, but I did take them/pick them up last year!

So glad you loved your mom's Baggalini! Maybe you should buy one for yourself -- or ask for one for Christmas!

I have the same exact Baggalini & it was recommended to me by many DISers before I actually decided on which to buy! I love the water bottle compartment and the "secret compartment" for money and/or credit cards! I have it in "pewter" which is actually just grey but they have so many colors to choose from! They have a lime green & bright blue that are super cute!

I love reading your reports because Jack & Luke are just so similar!!! I have a picture of Luke on the plane that looks almost identical to the one of Jack! I'll have to post on my report if I didn't already! lol!

I cannot wait to hear all about your cruise!!!

So glad your flights worked out so well time-wise & you were able to save that extra money!!!

I figured I needed to get started while I had the momentum! Especially with so many others tallking about going! We'll see if work cooperates with my hopeful update schedule!

I am so glad that my dad doesn't mind getting up early! I have only had to park at the airport once in long term parking and it was not an experience I choose to revisit.

I might get a Baggalini. I will ponder that. Though I have so many bags... but who doesn't need just one more

Jack and Luke are very similar, I so hope we can do an overlapping trip sometime, I think they would get along perfectly! We could send them off to the Oceaneer's Club and lounge by the pool

I am super glad the flights worked out too! I would not have risked it if it was leaving from Florida, but with the 2 hour time difference, it made it easy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: