Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
jcross74
Earning My Ears

Best WL Woods View

We are heading to WL next week and I wondered what people thought as far as requesting room numbers? I know I want 2 queen beds but I am torn on what room numbers are best. Anyone have a great view and remember the number? Thanks!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Disneyhenry
DIS Veteran

my mother had 6034 and I loved her room! You could see the castle!!!

DH DSME

Disneyland 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008,2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1994
WDW Split stay AKV-Kinadi and POP 2011
DCL - DREAM 2011, Wonder to Hawaii 2012
Dec 2013 Family Reunion at WL!
Disneyhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Numbers aren't the best way to make a request. It's likely the least successful way to get what you want. It's been a long time since we stayed at WL, but I remember reading to request a woods view room over looking the otter pond on a high floor. We had a great view--the woods, the pond, the monorail, and the castle (including fireworks). Still one of the best views at WDW ever.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Rather than request a specific room it's better to make a general request (e.g. near elevator, close to lobby, overlooking the otter pond, upper floor, etc.) Prioritize your requests or if something is extremely important, make only 1 or 2 requests.

If you make a request for a specific room (e.g. Room 2345) the room assigner won't know why you want that room and if it's not available (because you're arriving during the middle of the current occupants' stay or it's being rehabbed) you could end up anywhere in the resort.

Last edited by purple figment; 01-03-2014 at 11:35 PM.
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
bek
Mouseketeer

I highly recommend checking out the Wilderness Lodge thread. A few posts from the top is an extraordinary color coded map and an aerial view that is extremely helpful for making room requests. With that said, here are the options:

Southside Woods View: Can be either open to the lobby or a short hallway. The hallway rooms face towards the Villas. I think the open to the lobby rooms just overlook service areas from the outside balconies. Advantage to Southside rooms: Extremely close to lobby, the gift shop (which has groceries), and to the buses. Disadvantage is the view towards the Villas, which are fairly close to the Lodge.

Northside Woods View: Can either be open to the lobby or overlooking Otter Pond. The Otter Pond rooms are a walk through a section of Standard rooms. Advantage to overlooking the Otter Pond: extremely close to the quick service Roaring Fork, close to bus transport and very close to the pool. Disadvantage: a long walk. Northside rooms also have the possibility of seeing the MK fireworks.

The "open to the lobby rooms" do get a murmur from the lobby area and Whispering Canyon. My DIL loved her open to the lobby room because it was very close to the lobby, the buses and the gift shop. Her room was also close to rocking chairs overlooking the lobby and to an observation deck that she loved as well.

When requesting, think whether you want "open to the lobby" or "not open to the lobby", "southside" or "northside". If you want quick, easy access to the buses and gift shop (groceries are in the gift shop); then request Southside. If you want quick, easy access to the quick service and pool, request the Northside.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
jcross74
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips! I asked the travel agent to make a request but keep it broad and not request a certain room number. I am hoping to be off the lobby and would love a view of MK if possible. We will see VERY soon!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #7
gildacat
Earning My Ears

I requested 5th floor otter pond view. I can't stand the thought of those dormer balconies. I also have a bunkbed room. I wish there was map pointing out where those are exactly but have been unsuccessful finding one.
Here's to hoping
gildacat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: