Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
ashnjam
Be the person you needed when you were younger

Which hotel has the best view of the park?

Hi WDW newbie here wanting to know which hotel has the best view of MK. I've been told i have 3 to choose from and I'm guessing those hotels are the closest to the park. I would like to know which hotel has the best view in your opinion are there any special request or tips i should know about. I guess what I'm trying to say is i don't want to see a parking lot or something like that if i can avoid it.
Me DH (34) DW (34)DD (9)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558
Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509

ashnjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnjam View Post
Hi WDW newbie here wanting to know which hotel has the best view of MK. I've been told i have 3 to choose from and I'm guessing those hotels are the closest to the park. I would like to know which hotel has the best view in your opinion are there any special request or tips i should know about. I guess what I'm trying to say is i don't want to see a parking lot or something like that if i can avoid it.
The resorts with MK views are those on the monorail, which are the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary. We've never had a TPV room, but most people say the CR has the best MK view out of the three. With that said, the CR main parking lot will also be visible as it's directly below as you look out at MK.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
jodywgirl
DIS Veteran

Your three choices are Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Contemporary is closest and has a good view and walkway to Magic Kingdom. You would need to request theme park view. Polynesian is across the way and has good firework views from beach. Grand Floridian is the most expensive of the three with good views also.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
All Star Movies July 2005 Disney Cruise Line Aug 2005 Pop Century May 2007 Pop Century Dec 2008 Bay Lake Tower Sep 2009 Old Key West Dec 2009 GC Villas June 10 AKL Aug 2010 Boardwalk Villas & Disney Cruise March 11Girls Trip All Star Music May 12 May 2013 Family Vacation SSR Girls Trip NOV 2013 BLT / AKL Kidani
jodywgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
kmb584
DIS Veteran

There are actually 4 resorts with views of MK: Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. Of them, I can interchange CR and BLT as my favorite as I found that both provided us with excellent views.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
ashnjam

Thank you for the quick responses! Do you have to be a DVC member to stay at BLT?
Me DH (34) DW (34)DD (9)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558
Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509

Old 01-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #6
DanielleandBrady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for the quick responses! Do you have to be a DVC member to stay at BLT?
Nope. We rent points or you can book on the Disney website or use a TA. I've stayed there twice and this will be our 3rd time. I love BLT!!!

'89, '91-94,'08 Offsite
2002 POR 2009 BC 2011 GF
2012: BLT 2013: BLT
DanielleandBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
ashnjam

Ok cool out of the ones to choose from i think i like the theming of BLT the best. The grand's interior is just not our style at all lol. Although the Poly isn't bad i kinda like that. Thanks for your thoughts.
Me DH (34) DW (34)DD (9)

Old 01-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
HereForMinnie
Mouseketeer

Contemporary/Bay Lake: closest to MK with a great view of the fireworks but the parking lots are in plain view as well.

Grand Floridian: the best view in my opinion. It's close without the parking lot view.

Poly: there's construction right now but even before that I didn't like the fireworks view. Yes it's a head-on view but it wasn't as close as the Grand Floridian/CR/Bay Lake.

Upcoming: Last minute trip July 2014-GF RPC
2011- Poly GV (1x) GF TPV (1x) GF RPC (1x)
2012- SSR (1x) AKV SV (2x)
2013- AKV (1x) WL (1x, never again) BC (1x)
HereForMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is i don't want to see a parking lot or something like that if i can avoid it.
both CR and BLT have a parking lot between them and the MK.

the only one that fits your description is the the Polyn.

I also like the views from BLT better than CR, Polyn, GF or VGF. but beware the MK view also includes the parking lot.

with BLT it also includes the monorail unless you can get above the 7th floor.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #10
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

We love CR MK view - we've stayed there 4 years in a row. we think it is worth every penny and truthfully I don't even notice the parking lot because I'm too busy looking at the castle We arrive on Feb 2nd for our first GF stay - MK view. We were so late booking this year that we could not get a MK view room at CR even Club level So we decided to try GF, I am a bit nervous since I love CR so much but I we thought we would give it a try since watches Wishes from our own balcony is the most important factor for us
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #11
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Are you looking for a good view from the resort in general or your room? I think all three have good but different views. contemporary resort and BLT are closest and so the view is RIGHT THERE assuming you are booking a tpv room. The Polynesian also has a great view, it is directly across the lagoon. not right there in your face but equally as nice a view in my opinion. I know the GF has some great views from rooms or narcoosee and down by the dock there but I feel like you don't have as much public space where you can view the park easily and comfortably. (and I could be wrong about that as we have not stayed here as often)

I think they are similarly priced although would agree the gf is going to be a little more expensive all things being equal. I really don't think you can go wrong and am sure you will enjoy whatever you select. check out the threads on here for each of the individual resorts and I believe each has a photo thread as well.

2015March- 6 days AKV-CL spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/CR TPV CL June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #12
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

I always thought it was magical swimming in the Poly pool with a view of the castle, especially at night during the fireworks.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
Are you looking for a good view from the resort in general or your room? I think all three have good but different views. contemporary resort and BLT are closest and so the view is RIGHT THERE assuming you are booking a tpv room. The Polynesian also has a great view, it is directly across the lagoon. not right there in your face but equally as nice a view in my opinion. I know the GF has some great views from rooms or narcoosee and down by the dock there but I feel like you don't have as much public space where you can view the park easily and comfortably. (and I could be wrong about that as we have not stayed here as often) I think they are similarly priced although would agree the gf is going to be a little more expensive all things being equal. I really don't think you can go wrong and am sure you will enjoy whatever you select. check out the threads on here for each of the individual resorts and I believe each has a photo thread as well.
I agree with this. The CR has the best bird's eye view, but there is quite a bit of parking lot to look at in between. The Poly view is probably the most picturesque since the castle is straight ahead in the distance with the lagoon in between (although considerably less picturesque with the villas construction going on right now). I agree that the GF has the least expansive castle view, although the castle is physically closer than at the Poly and can be fairly easily viewed from several areas of the resort grounds (e.g. marina, boat dock, Narcoossee's, behind Boca Chica, the area between the lobby and courtyard pool, etc)-- just not from the beach like the Poly.

I would definitely look at video/pics of the castle from all three and decide that way.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #14
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
There are actually 4 resorts with views of MK: Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. Of them, I can interchange CR and BLT as my favorite as I found that both provided us with excellent views.
Thanks for clarifying .....I forgot about BLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrot1 View Post
I always thought it was magical swimming in the Poly pool with a view of the castle, especially at night during the fireworks.
This is one of the many reasons I love the Poly .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
ashnjam

You guys rock thank you for the help. After adding everything up we are leaning toward the Poly with TPV. Does anyone know when construction is supposed to be finished?
Me DH (34) DW (34)DD (9)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: