Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #91
JessM
We all have a dream

Celebrate a World Filled with Magic

Celebrate A World Filled with Magic!

After a quick bus ride we arrived at the MK!

Our first stop was Tomorrowland to use our FP+

I am so terrible at this ride

My score was so bad the screen didnít even want to display it

I should still get an A for effort though, look at that concentration

After Buzz we took a spin on the People Mover and rode COP. During COP this girl had this obnoxious light up bow going that she wonít turn off. It took a lot of angry people yelling at her before she did. People can be so rude! Seriously though, it was bad.

After COP we used our FP+ for SM, well my Dad and I did, my Mom chickened out per usual haha.

My Dad tells a story about the first time they ever went to Disney in the 80ís. They didnít really know what SM was so they went on it blindly. My Mom apparently screamed for the whole ride without taking a breath according to my Dad. He thought she was going to make herself pass out haha. Since then, no SM for her.

After blasting through Space it was time for the Wishes Dessert Party!
The Wishes Dessert Party takes place on the Tomorrowland Terrace. My Family loves the dessert party because it allows you to see Wishes and Celebrate the Magic easily and in an uncrowded area. It also helps that we are big dessert people so we eat our faces off too haha.

This was my first plate, I mean only plate

I didnít snag a picture of the second because Iím ashamed to admit I consumed two full plates of desserts lol.

The crŤme burlee and cannoli were my favorites!

Castle View

There are some nice photo ops from the Dessert Party viewing area.

We actually did the Dessert Party a second time on Monday night so I didnít take any pictures of either show, I just wanted to sit back and enjoy them. Donít worry though I did get some good pictures on Monday so stay tuned for those!

After Wishes my Dad and I used our second set of FPs for another ride on SM. My Mom sat out again and happily rode the Peoplemover!

After Space we headed towards Liberty Square to get a spot for the parade.
On the way I had to use the restroom so we of course stopped at the Tangled bathrooms!

Iím actually pretty excited to use these again in 3 weeks! Where else on earth can you be excited about bathrooms?!?

We made it to Liberty Square and we actually found a spot right near where we watched the Christmas Parade the night before. My Mom decided to channel her little kid and join me sitting at the rope!

We only waited about 5 mins and then it was Parade time!

As much as I loved Spectro, I love the MSEP too. Itís SO Disney. And so unique.

I love that this parade has a Alice in Wonderland Section, I think that movie is underappreciated.

Make way for Royalty!

I love this part, the dances were awesome!

Awww the Peter Pan float, my favorite!!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #92
JessM
We all have a dream

Celebrate A World Filled with Magic!-Part 2!

Celebrate A World Filled with Magic!-Part 2!

I canít wait to see this parade again in 3 weeks!

Oh Mr. Smee!

Ok I may have a terrible memory but has there always been someone riding the dragon? It was a really nice touch and the CM did a terrific job saying hello to everyone.

Ahhh you just can't beat Magic Kingdom night time entertainment!

After the parade we headed to the bus stops. It was late and my Mom was somewhat distressed we would once again see the day change on the way home. She doesnít stay up that late at home haha.

We made it home by 12:30 and quickly fell asleep, it was another great day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #93
JessM
We all have a dream

The Day of our Character Dining Extravaganza!

The Day of our Character Dining Extravaganza!
Sunday December 8, 2013

We woke up early again this morning, we had an early breakfast reservation to get to!

We quickly got up and go ready and we were at the bus stop right at 7:45am. Luckily for us a bus pulled up almost immediately it was great timing!

We were quickly off to the MK!

It was another gorgeous day!

We made it to the gates around 8am, giving us plenty of time to look around before our reservation at 8:30am

My parentís are both pretty terrible photographers haha. Way to cut the train station top out Mom.

Ahh beautiful quiet Main Street, I was so excited to have so much time to look around before opening!

I LOVE Mickeyís Christmas Carol so I was happy to see these scenes were up again this year!

Goofy as Marley kills me haha

These wreaths are just perfect!

Main Street how I love you

We stopped and had the photopass photographer take a photo with my camera

The castle was looking especially majestic this morning without a cloud in the sky

My Mom was like quick get a picture with no one back there. Now that Iím looking at it thought thereís totally a guy back there haha.

A very nice CM offered to take a picture of the 3 of us

Feel free to skip ahead I took a ton more pictures around the hub, I was just so obsessed with how pretty everything looked in the beautiful sunshine!

My favorite Chipmunks!

Artsy shot

Walt himself, oh how I love that man!

Love these topiaries!

See Iím clearly the best photographer in the family, I got everything in there haha.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:47 PM   #94
JessM
We all have a dream

The Day of our Character Dining Extravaganza!-Part 2!

The Day of our Character Dining Extravaganza!-Part 2!

They had so many vehicle going this morning, I want to ride on one, I never have!

Ok so finally we are getting to the part where we at least went over and checked in for Breakfast

And then continued taking more pictures haha

We were having breakfast at the Crystal Palace!

Disney has the best flowers

Soon enough it was our turn and we were seated for breakfast.

We had a great waitress who was super nice and really fast.

We really enjoyed the food too, its pretty good for a buffet in my opinion.
Soon enough characters were coming around!

First up was Tigger

And close behind was Piglet!

I love this picture, I think it is too cute.

Piglet was great, he was so excited to see us and gave lots of hugs and kisses

Haha I love this picture too!

We finished up our meals and Eeyore and Pooh were still on the other side of the restaurant and about 30 mins away from reaching our table so we decided to head out.

We headed thru the Castle and into Fantasyland. We grabbed a FP for the Little Mermaid ride and headed over to Pooh!

I love that they made this queue interactive

Pooh is such a cute little ride.

After Pooh we headed into New Fantasyland

People were already lined up for lunchÖ It was 9:45amam the line goes super fast once they open I donít get why you would stand there that long before opening.

We stopped into Gastonís to check it out

Gastonís chair was open!

My Dad was not amused with how happy we were to be sitting in this chair and did NOT want his picture taken haha

What a hunk

Belleís village is perfect, I love it

Especially this. Oh Gaston you are so vain

Stay Tuned!
Old 01-31-2014, 03:03 PM   #95
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you shared your pictures of your breakfast at Crystal Palace. We have a reservation for this summer to celebrate our DGS's 7th birthday. So happy that you said the food was good. I can't wait! I am also super stoked to be able to walk down Main Street and see the castle when there is really no one else there.

If you don't mind me asking, did you take the bus to get to MK that morning? Sorry if you said and I missed it. Our reservation is for 8:15 and I am trying to decide the best way to get to the park. We will be traveling with 2 little ones and I am not sure what time we would need to be waiting on the bus at our resort to get there in time. Also, is there a place you check in at the front of the park to let them know you have breakfast reservations?

Old 01-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #96
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

The dessert party desserts look yummy, I'm sure I would have 2 plates as well!!

Love all the MSEP pics

Ah those Christmas Carol windows are so nice! And I love all your artsy shots around the hub!

Looks like Crystal Palace was great, the photos with Piglet are the cutest!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
Old 01-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #97
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OK, whether you're terrible at Buzz or not... you got a picture of his face in the queue. I can never seen to do that.

Oh wow, people getting serious in Carousel of Progress. I approve though.

I may have to try the Dessert party one day and maybe avoid the missing Wishes thing. I bet it really helped on that night as I imagine the place was even more crowded on a Saturday.

Yup, this parade is old school Disney through and through. Looks like you got a great spot too.

Yup, always someone on the Dragon. That would be Pete. It's his dragon you see. God I bawled during that movie, lol.

Awww your mom just wanted to focus on you and your dad. Maybe making up for the POP photos where you're a tiny spec, lol.

Haha, oops there you are... a spec in front of the castle.

Ahh there's nothing quite like a (virtually) empty Main Street. Totally worth getting Dining ressies just for that. And look, no one was rushing you this time, .
Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #98
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

I'm horrible at Buzz, too. And I'm a weenie so the trigger hurts my thumbs. TSM all the way!

Ugh, I want to try the Wishes Dessert party SO BADLY. Like, Wishes and desserts are the two best things in life. Your plate looks so good, and there is no shame in a second plate of dessert. You paid for it, might as well enjoy

I recently told my boyfriend he's allowed to propose to me at the Tangled bathrooms. He didn't understand why...I was like, just wait until you see them.

MSEP! Yes, Pete always rides his dragon, Elliott Pete's Dragon and The Hunchback of Notre Dame are my two favorite underappreciated Disney movies, I could go on for hours about them!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #99
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
I am so glad you shared your pictures of your breakfast at Crystal Palace. We have a reservation for this summer to celebrate our DGS's 7th birthday. So happy that you said the food was good. I can't wait! I am also super stoked to be able to walk down Main Street and see the castle when there is really no one else there.

If you don't mind me asking, did you take the bus to get to MK that morning? Sorry if you said and I missed it. Our reservation is for 8:15 and I am trying to decide the best way to get to the park. We will be traveling with 2 little ones and I am not sure what time we would need to be waiting on the bus at our resort to get there in time. Also, is there a place you check in at the front of the park to let them know you have breakfast reservations?
That will be a perfect way to celebrate his birthday! Its a fun breakfast place with good food : ) And you can't beat getting to walk down an empty Main street, its fabulous!

We did take the bus, we lucked out and jumped on a bus right at 7:45am, it took about 15min to get to MK from POP so we were walking thru the turnstiles around 8:05am. Our reservation wasn't until 8:30am. They have turnstiles specifically for breakfast reservation guests to the far left but they didn't ask us to show anything. They just said breakfast reservations this way. The CM will direct you : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
The dessert party desserts look yummy, I'm sure I would have 2 plates as well!!

Love all the MSEP pics

Ah those Christmas Carol windows are so nice! And I love all your artsy shots around the hub!

Looks like Crystal Palace was great, the photos with Piglet are the cutest!
Haha they are so good but so much sugar!

Thank you! I love that parade so I was trying to take as many pics as possible.

I love the Christmas Carol windows but I'm kind of excited to go in feb and see what's in there, we've been at Christmas so many times haha.

Thank you! Piglet isn't normally my favorite Pooh character but after Crystal Palace he's growing on me, he's always the best there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OK, whether you're terrible at Buzz or not... you got a picture of his face in the queue. I can never seen to do that.

Oh wow, people getting serious in Carousel of Progress. I approve though.

I may have to try the Dessert party one day and maybe avoid the missing Wishes thing. I bet it really helped on that night as I imagine the place was even more crowded on a Saturday.

Yup, this parade is old school Disney through and through. Looks like you got a great spot too.

Yup, always someone on the Dragon. That would be Pete. It's his dragon you see. God I bawled during that movie, lol.

Awww your mom just wanted to focus on you and your dad. Maybe making up for the POP photos where you're a tiny spec, lol.

Haha, oops there you are... a spec in front of the castle.

Ahh there's nothing quite like a (virtually) empty Main Street. Totally worth getting Dining ressies just for that. And look, no one was rushing you this time, .
Haha the ride stopped so we weren't rushing thru that's the only reason why I was able to get it

I think people were just upset it was ruining their ability to nap

We love the Dessert party especially on a Saturday in Dec. Main street gets so crazy on non party nights. Plus the desserts are tasty and its a pretty good view over there. Tinkerbelle flying directly over you is pretty cool.

I love watching from Liberty Square, so much easier to get a spot over there!

Ok I couldn't remember if it was Pete's Dragon or Pete the Dragon haha. I remembered the Dragon but I couldn't remember ever seeing Pete up there talking during the parade. I honestly don't think i've ever seen the movie... I need to get on that.

Haha my Mom is seriously the worst photographer ever. She can't see the camera screen and has a shaky hand, just points and hopes for the best

Ahh it was so nice to not be rushed down Main street, it was so wonderful to hang around

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I'm horrible at Buzz, too. And I'm a weenie so the trigger hurts my thumbs. TSM all the way!

Ugh, I want to try the Wishes Dessert party SO BADLY. Like, Wishes and desserts are the two best things in life. Your plate looks so good, and there is no shame in a second plate of dessert. You paid for it, might as well enjoy

I recently told my boyfriend he's allowed to propose to me at the Tangled bathrooms. He didn't understand why...I was like, just wait until you see them.

MSEP! Yes, Pete always rides his dragon, Elliott Pete's Dragon and The Hunchback of Notre Dame are my two favorite underappreciated Disney movies, I could go on for hours about them!
Buzz is just so hard, you can't tell where your laser is going! TSM is so much better!

You should do it, it books up fast but we love the Wishes Dessert Party! Desserts and fireworks, there's no better combo!

Haha awww that would be so wonderful, they are so beautiful! Only bathrooms ever that a proposal would be wonderful infront of!

Ahhh I guess i just have a bad memory wouldn't be the first time. And I can never remember if its Pete's dragon or Pete the Dragon, I'm ashamed to say I've never seen the movie so that's probably why. I'll have to watch it!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #100
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Ahhh man! We were in the vicinity of each other a few times during our Dec. trip. When you were having dinner at Big River Grille we were walking from our room at BWV across the Boardwalk over to YC for dinner. Then on the morning of the 8th we were in MK after our breakfast at the Poly. It would be so funny if I see you in some of my trip photos!!

I suck big time at Buzz in MK so I don't show my score on purpose! I like the attraction and I'm pretty competitive but I'm horrible!

After reading about your Wishes Dessert party I think it's high time I book another party. I loved the cannolis too! I was glad that the staff told us to take some with us after the party was over. Don't mind if we do!

I wish you all the best as you prepare for your 1/2! I only had to run another 9 miles tonight to get to the 1/2 distance! No way, no how can I run that far!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #101
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Great early morning MK photos!! Perfect time to capture the little details!

Looks like a fun breakfast at CP too!! Love those pre-parking opening reservations!

My 2013 trip report! Makiní our way, itís an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #102
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
That will be a perfect way to celebrate his birthday! Its a fun breakfast place with good food : ) And you can't beat getting to walk down an empty Main street, its fabulous!

We did take the bus, we lucked out and jumped on a bus right at 7:45am, it took about 15min to get to MK from POP so we were walking thru the turnstiles around 8:05am. Our reservation wasn't until 8:30am. They have turnstiles specifically for breakfast reservation guests to the far left but they didn't ask us to show anything. They just said breakfast reservations this way. The CM will direct you : )
Thanks so much! I am such a nervous nellie. I just want to make sure we get there on time and I can't wait to see an empty Main Street!!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #103
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Ahhh man! We were in the vicinity of each other a few times during our Dec. trip. When you were having dinner at Big River Grille we were walking from our room at BWV across the Boardwalk over to YC for dinner. Then on the morning of the 8th we were in MK after our breakfast at the Poly. It would be so funny if I see you in some of my trip photos!!

I suck big time at Buzz in MK so I don't show my score on purpose! I like the attraction and I'm pretty competitive but I'm horrible!

After reading about your Wishes Dessert party I think it's high time I book another party. I loved the cannolis too! I was glad that the staff told us to take some with us after the party was over. Don't mind if we do!

I wish you all the best as you prepare for your 1/2! I only had to run another 9 miles tonight to get to the 1/2 distance! No way, no how can I run that far!
Haha that is too funny! It would definitely be too funny if we crossed paths in each other's trip photos! We didn't know it at the time but we must have been on the same wave length or something!

I would love to meet some one who is actually good at buzz and ask them how they do it. I need some pointers. I'm super competitive at TSM but I'm terrible at Buzz, I can't even try to be competitive.

Omgoodness I would definitely take a bunch of cannolis home if offered, they were so good. They went fast at both parties we went to!

Thank you so much! Training is hard but it is rewarding! And be proud of yourself for running any mile that you do! Even just a mile is a wonderful accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Great early morning MK photos!! Perfect time to capture the little details!

Looks like a fun breakfast at CP too!! Love those pre-parking opening reservations!
Thank you! It was a lot of fun having a while to just look around and soak it all in!

I hate getting up for them sometimes, but pre-park opening reservations are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Thanks so much! I am such a nervous nellie. I just want to make sure we get there on time and I can't wait to see an empty Main Street!!
No problem! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time! Empty main street is magical
Old 02-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #104
JessM
We all have a dream

Ch-Cha-Changes!-A PTR Interruption!

Hello all! Before I continue on with our regularly scheduled trip report I wanted to stop in for a quick update on my Princess Half Marathon Trip!

First off, my travel buddy changedÖ again. Sometimes I think this trip was meant to be a solo trip haha!

Allen isnít going to be able to make it because this semester at school is turning out to be way harder than he thought so he doesnít want to take the days off, which I completely understand

SO

My wonderful Mother will be joining me and we are going to make it a girls only trip!

I'm actually really excited to do a girls trip with my Mom, Iíve always wanted to but my Dad doesnít like to be left out of the Disney fun!

She shares my love for Disney and desserts so she will be the perfect travel buddy!

My Mom is taking a later flight than me on the way down so Iím a little nervous to see how she navigates the airports alone. She is definitely a follower but I have every confidence that she will arrive at PopÖeventually haha!

Training

So training has been going really well. I canít believe Iím almost to the taper point! Iíve got back to back runs on tap for this weekend, 6.2miles Friday and 13.1miles Saturday to complete my Glass Slipper Challenge simulation.

I did 6.2 followed by 11 two weeks ago and it felt great so hopefully this last long training weekend before I taper and enjoy some shorter runs before the race will go well!

Costumes!

Now for the best part. I finished up my costumes this weekend and did a little hair trial as well.

For the 10k Iím going to be Jasmine!

I made a headband to wear as Jasmineís headpiece, so Iím planning to wear that and then try to do the double ponytail thing that Jasmine does.

Iím hoping the headband wonít move around too much while Iím running.
And for the Half Marathon Iím going to be Rapunzel!

Iím super happy with how this one came out.

For the hair Iím going to do my best braiding my short hair and then I bought a bunch of clip in flowers to wear.

Iím getting super excited for this trip! I canít wait!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #105
JessM
We all have a dream

A fun morning in the Magic Kingdom!

After checking out Gastonís we used our FPs for the Little Mermaid.
I absolutely love the outside of this ride, its gorgeous.

I also really enjoy this ride as well.

Its so colorful and such a classic Disney dark ride.

The only problem is not being very good at photographing it.

Like come on Disney, can the ride please momentarily breakdown while in this room haha.

Whoever designed this Ursula did a fantastic job, I just love it!

After we returned safely back to dry land, we went and hit up one of my personal favorites

Peter Pan! We had a FP+ for this, I didnít get any pictures but it was a wonderful flight per usual!

Next up was

Mickeyís PhilharMagic!

We only had to wait around 2 minutes for the next show!

The show was fabulous per usual.

After that we headed over towards Frontierland!

We actually swung by the Jungle Cruise and grabbed some Fps for later and then went into Frontierland!

We had FP+s for BTMRR!

I love this ride at night but thereís also something completely wonderful about it in the bright sunshine! It was just wonderful!

We stopped in for another spin on Pirates before heading back to the Jungle Cruise, or Jingle Cruise as it was named while we were there.

The holiday overlay wasnít ďamazingĒ but it was something different so props Disney

They just had the queue decorated and not the actual ride but it was still cute

The boat names were a nice touch

I loved the simple lights around the shack

Wreath in the boat

The jokes were all holiday themed. None left a big impression but they were different which was appreciated. We had a skipper who was extremely into it but she was hard to hear over the loudspeaker because she was yelling into it.

Still a cute ride and Iím glad we got to experience the holiday overlay
We had Splash FP+s to use next but Splash was down : ( It seemed like it was the story of the trip, Splash was always down. I guess it really needed that refurb this year.

We instead headed over to SM to use our FP+. The way it works if a ride is down during your FP+ window is that you can either wait and use it when the ride comes back up or you can just use it at a different ride. Disney will send you an email of available rides. We decided to go ride SM since we hadnít ridden it yet today. We got all greens no problem even though I didnít rebook the Splash FP, it worked really well!

After Space we decided to walk down to Fantasyland to grab the train and ride it to the front of the park

I love this back pathway, so quiet!

After reaching Main Street we headed out of the park. We jumped on the monorail to begin our trip on the Highway in the Sky!

We rode the resort monorail around to the Grand Floridian! We all really wanted to see the gingerbread house!

I donít think Iíve ever stopped into the Grand Floridian at Christmas time, it was beautiful!

And the gingerbread house did not disappoint!

We explored around for awhile and then jumped on the monorail again and rode over to Epcot!

Stay Tuned!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: