Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #76
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit Man View Post
Really enjoying your report. You guys killed it at the Christmas party!
Thank you! We definitely did a lot and we had a GREAT time!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #77
JessM
We all have a dream

A Most Magical Day - Part 1!

A Most Magical Day!-Part 1
Saturday December 7, 2013

Even though it was a late night the night before my Mom was still up at 6:30 or something crazy like that without even setting an alarm.

No sleeping in Disney!

In all seriousness the only thing that would make my parent’s better travel companions would be if they could stay up one extra hour at night and sleep in an extra hour in the morning haha. They are always up SO early!
We got up and had breakfast and quickly grabbed a bus to the parks.

Today our first park was Epcot!

I haven’t been at Epcot for rope drop for a few years so I was excited! And it was another beautiful day!

My Dad didn’t get a chance to ride Soarin our first night so that was our number 1 priority.

We headed straight over at RD and grabbed some legacy fps (for 9:45-10:45am!). Then we hopped in the non-existence stand by line

I was able to snap a semi decent picture of my love.

We sat in row 2 and had a great flight per usual.

Once our flight returned to the terminal, we headed towards Innoventions. We were off to do a first – Sum of all Thrills!

Anyone find it annoying that the outside Innoventions signs do not indicate if you are entering Innoventions East or West? Eventually we did find our way to the correct side of Innoventions and we were greeted with a delightfully short line for Sum of all Thrills!

Mom sat this one out so Dad and I got in line.

We ended up riding twice.

The first time we designed a fairly simple coaster because we were a little worried how we would feel in those contraptions. The second ride we added some more loops. Both rides were a ton of fun!

My Dad and I are both geeky engineers so we had a ton of fun with this. I loved how easy the interactive screens made it to design your own roller coaster. I wish I had gotten more pictures but you have a limited time to complete your design and we were normally racing the clock to finish up on time.

I haven’t gotten a chance to go check it out yet but they load your coaster design onto a card so you can check them out again on your computer at home.

After riding Sum of All Thrills we headed back to the Land to use our Soarin FPs!

Someday I will capture him taking off the mickey ears, its my favorite part of the whole pre-show!

We sat in Row 1 this time… SCORE!

We had another fantastic ride Soarin over California, and then decided to ride Living with the Land. I hadn’t been on this ride in YEARS.

AND there was actually a line. I know, we were shocked too but Epcot was actually pretty busy.

We only waited about 10 mins to get on. Once we got up to the front we realized why there was a line in the first place. They weren’t sending full boats. The poor CMS at the beginning of the line could NOT get people to focus. Like at all.

People weren’t focused when they were being asked their party size, people weren’t getting boats when they arrived at the loading platform even though they were lined up, people were just staring off into space not moving.

It was crazy.

I felt so bad for the CMs, people are SO oblivious. I couldn’t help but laugh, it was just too funny. Like how did all these oblivious people get in one line at the same time, and how do they function in real life let alone at Disney World.

Anyways, we finally got on, another not full boat because the family behind us couldn’t decide how was riding with who

I had forgotten how much I like this ride. It’s so peaceful

This little sand snowman cracked me up!

I like that they added some holiday touches to this ride

After getting off Living with the Land we headed out of the land

Bye beautiful!

We headed over to the Living Seas because how doesn’t love looking at fish?

We entered the Living Seas, the coolest way…

On the Nemo Ride!

We actually waited for this ride too…

25 minutes!

Craziness. But in all fairness everywhere is pretty busy on a Saturday in Disney World.

The queue isn’t too bad though so we didn’t mind.

I actually really enjoy this ride. I vaguely remember the old ride the was in here from going to Disney as a kid and I’m really glad that they added a ride back to the building.

I think it’s really cool how they project the characters into the tanks.

After we disembarked from our clamshells we headed in to check out the tanks!

First up were the manatees

Such cute little sea cows.

We looked through the big aquarium and watched the dolphins play for a bit before heading out. None of my pictures came out very good

We headed over to the imagination pavilion next.

I actually like the ride that’s over here. It’s cute. The only thing I remember about the old ride was it scaring the crap out of me when the screen dropped to show Dreamfinder on his flying thing haha.

I DO miss the upstairs play area though. I wish they would open that back up. Does anyone remember how cool those big “nail” tables were? The ones that you could make hand prints in my pushing the nails up?

Ahh bring me back to the 90’s haha!

Some of my earliest memories of DW involve the Imagination Building top floor play area and the Imagination jumping water fountains outside.

After saying goodbye to Figment we on a search for some lunch.

Stay Tuned!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #78
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

You know, I don't know that I've ever done stand by on Soarin'. I probably could have, I just haven't. I guess I've always been grab a FP and come back later type. Total habit.

Only ever ridden Sum once. For some reason I guess simulators just don't do much for me. But I did really enjoy the little video screens that let you see the other rider. I hope they aren't recording, lol.

Haha, that's quite the Living with the Land story. My goodness people... WAKE UP!!!
And wow, there's more holiday decorations on that than there was on the Jingle Cruise.

Honestly I would love them to do just SOMETHING with the Imagination pavilion. Such a waste right now.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #79
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Great Epcot update! Any time you get to ride Soarin twice sounds like a good day to me I like Sum of All Thrills! We didn't do it on this past trip but I had fun riding it with DBF on my trip prior. What a cute sand snowman!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #80
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

That is great about the half marathons you ran. I am thinking next year I am doing the half. Doing couch to 5k now for training.
Nice pics with the Princesses and their Princes.
25 minutes for dwarves sounds good. I had a 45.
Love “Frozen”. Just saw it 3 days ago and it is fantastic. The song is really good too.
Nice pics of the parade.
Walking down Main Street with snow was fun.
Brave girl doing “Sum of all Fears”. LOL. I could not unless I did a baby coater.
Woo-hoo for row 1 on Soarin’.
Living With the Land is on eof the best. So relaxing. You should try the tour someday. Not expensive and fun going behind the scenes.
Great updates and pics.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #81
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I always forget which Innoventions Sum of All Thrills is in, and when I figure it out I end up at the wrong one...the struggle. I'm glad you guys liked it though! I think it's so cool.

I love the Living with the Land snowman!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #82
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

I have never heard of Sum of All Thrills. To be honest, I don't think we have visited Innoventions the last few times we have been to Disney World, although we spend a lot of time in Epcot. My DH, DS and DD would probably love this ride. I just mentioned it to DH and he says we need to check it out this year when we visit. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am really enjoying your trip report.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #83
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
You know, I don't know that I've ever done stand by on Soarin'. I probably could have, I just haven't. I guess I've always been grab a FP and come back later type. Total habit.

Only ever ridden Sum once. For some reason I guess simulators just don't do much for me. But I did really enjoy the little video screens that let you see the other rider. I hope they aren't recording, lol.

Haha, that's quite the Living with the Land story. My goodness people... WAKE UP!!!
And wow, there's more holiday decorations on that than there was on the Jingle Cruise.

Honestly I would love them to do just SOMETHING with the Imagination pavilion. Such a waste right now.
I think I've only done it once before, when it first opened and all the FPs had been distributed. You aren't missing much its a boring wait haha. But first thing in the morning it wasn't too bad, and we got two rides in!

I was worried how the simulator was going to feel but it was actually ok. My Dad was way more into it than I was but it was a great ride for us geeky engineers. And I loved the video screens, so fun!

Seriously! You see people like that all around DW and I can't help but wonder how do you function in everyday life haha.

I know! I don't get why that is the one ride they deck out for the holidays but I loved it!

Me too, its so sad in there. Imagination is such a cool concept and totally Disney I can't believe they haven't come up with something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Great Epcot update! Any time you get to ride Soarin twice sounds like a good day to me I like Sum of All Thrills! We didn't do it on this past trip but I had fun riding it with DBF on my trip prior. What a cute sand snowman!
Riding Soarin twice made it a great day!

Sum of all Thrills was really fun, I can't believe that was the first time i'd ever done it!

I loved the snowman, he was so adorable, they should leave him there year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
That is great about the half marathons you ran. I am thinking next year I am doing the half. Doing couch to 5k now for training.
Nice pics with the Princesses and their Princes.
25 minutes for dwarves sounds good. I had a 45.
Love “Frozen”. Just saw it 3 days ago and it is fantastic. The song is really good too.
Nice pics of the parade.
Walking down Main Street with snow was fun.
Brave girl doing “Sum of all Fears”. LOL. I could not unless I did a baby coater.
Woo-hoo for row 1 on Soarin’.
Living With the Land is on eof the best. So relaxing. You should try the tour someday. Not expensive and fun going behind the scenes.
Great updates and pics.
Beware Halfs are addicting! But congrats on starting your training! Its totally worth it!
Thank you! It was a lot of fun to meet so much Royalty in one night!
The line was that short even at 7:15 I was shocked!
Frozen is so fantastic! I've been listening to the soundtrack non stop too.
Main Street in the snow is amazing. I wish they would have it snow every night during the holidays.
Our first coaster was a baby coaster because I was scarred of how it would feel but it wasn't actually that bad!
I'll have to look into the tour, it does sound like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I always forget which Innoventions Sum of All Thrills is in, and when I figure it out I end up at the wrong one...the struggle. I'm glad you guys liked it though! I think it's so cool.

I love the Living with the Land snowman!
Such a struggle! They should at least post the popular attractions inside each one on the outside or something.

That snowman is so cute, they should leave him out all year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
I have never heard of Sum of All Thrills. To be honest, I don't think we have visited Innoventions the last few times we have been to Disney World, although we spend a lot of time in Epcot. My DH, DS and DD would probably love this ride. I just mentioned it to DH and he says we need to check it out this year when we visit. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am really enjoying your trip report.
I hadn't heard of it until I joined the DIS. It was a lot of fun! I bet your family would love it! We never go in Innoventions either, there isn't much in there that interested us other than Sum of All Thrills.

Thank you so much!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #84
JessM
We all have a dream

A Most Magical Day-Part 2

A Most Magical Day!-Part 2
Saturday December 7, 2013

This is sad but we were feeling a little lazy so we didn’t walk up the hill back into the Land for food and we didn’t hike to WS for better food.
We just hit up the Electric Umbrella. It was easy and they have outdoor seating so WIN!

We were planning on having an early dinner so I went with the kids flatbread. It had mushrooms, feta cheese, and agrula. It was actually really good.

Plus getting a side of fries beefed up the meal and the grapes were a tasty “dessert”

I highly recommend kids meals if you are just looking for something light to tie you over.

After lunch we did some shopping in mousegears. I got a Disney Christmas Phone case and some Christmas Mickey earrings. My Mom let me use her Disney rewards giftcard because she’s awesome : ) I also used my AP discount for the first time, YAY!

We figured we had time for one more ride before going back for a nap so we hit up Spaceship Earth on the way out.

We had to wait just under 10 minutes for this one.

Here’s the best part… OUR future!

It’s hard to tell in these photos but my Mom looked like a crazy person.
We were laughing so hard we were crying

The future piece at the end is such a great addition to that ride, I love it!

After SE it was around 2pm and time to catch a bus back to POP. We wanted to rest for a bit and freshen up for dinner.

We hung around the room for a couple hours and then loaded into the car and headed to the Boardwalk around 4pm for dinner!

My Grandfather and Uncle were coming down from Gainsville to meet us for dinner.

They called when we pulled into the parking lot saying they would be late so we headed out to explore the resort a bit more before they got there.

I CAN’T wait to stay here

ME photobomb!

I just love this resort and the Epcot resort area so much. It’s just beautiful.

Another love of mine the Yacht and Beach Club across the way!

I really wanted to check out the pool so my Mom and I wander around to find it.

The clown is not as scary looking in real life, to my relief haha

Pretty garland

Eventually my Uncle and Grandfather arrived! It was so good to see them, it had been FOREVER!

We decided to have an early dinner at the Big River Grille right on the Boardwalk. This restaurant was great because it is walk up only which made it super easy to make last minute dinner plans.

They have a ton of outdoor seating, which my family loves so we grabbed a table outside.

This was our view

I had a glass of their Sweet Magnolia Beer, it was DELICOUS. I loved it.
I also had a bowl of the beer cheese soup (to die for) and the appetizer quesadillas (so good!).

We all really enjoyed our meals.

While we were eating this woman walked by dressed head to toe in an Aurora costume. She was speed walking with a purpose right down the Boardwalk. I have no idea what she was doing. I smacked my Mom under the table to get her to turn around and look too I was so confused haha.

After dinner we all took a stroll around the Boardwalk

Excuse all the pictures I’m obsessed!

We had a fabulous dinner with fabulous company. My Uncle has been a little difficult to get along with the past couple years and no one in my family knows why, but my Uncle was talkative and fun during dinner and after. It was like he was his old self again, Disney Magic? Maybe. But either way it was great! And he and my aunt are planning to come down and watch me run the Princess Half Marathon next month!

Eventually, my Uncle and Grandfather decided to head home before it got too late.

I took a few pictures with my Grandfather while my Uncle was grabbing their car

We said our goodbyes and then hoped a bus to the Magic Kingdom!

Stay Tuned!

Old 01-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #85
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Great update! Great Epcot day overall -- and some nice dining too. I did the kids meal thing quite a few times --- and that flatbread is an awesome kid option.

That nighttime view of the YC/Boardwalk area is just so beautiful.

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 01-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #86
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OK not wanting to walk up the hill to the Land cracked me up especially in light of your upcoming Marathon. But I get it.

The only thing I don't like about the AP discount (and it's really small) is I wish CM's would mention it more often. Sometimes I need the reminder, lol. When I was in Disneyland a couple of years ago, they asked for AP everywhere. Granted they have a LOT more APers, but still.

Ahh, the Boardwalk and really the whole Epcot resort area is just perfection. I will stay there for sure one day.

Ooh maybe Aurora was late for her meet and greet in France.

Aww so nice that you got to spend a little time with your Grandpa.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #87
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Sounds like a great Epcot day and a better time with family.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #88
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk looks so beautiful, I'm glad you took all the pictures Sounds like you had a delicious dinner with good company, I'm glad you had a chance to spend time with your Uncle and Grandpa!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
Old 01-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #89
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
A Most Magical Day!-Part 2

While we were eating this woman walked by dressed head to toe in an Aurora costume. She was speed walking with a purpose right down the Boardwalk. I have no idea what she was doing. I smacked my Mom under the table to get her to turn around and look too I was so confused haha.

Do you mean she looked like she was friends with Aurora? Or a guest dressed in an Aurora costume? Because I thought it was frowned upon for adults to dress as princesses on property?

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

It's Deja Vu All Over Again! Another Unexpected Solo Trip

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)

Old 01-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #90
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Great update! Great Epcot day overall -- and some nice dining too. I did the kids meal thing quite a few times --- and that flatbread is an awesome kid option.

That nighttime view of the YC/Boardwalk area is just so beautiful.
Thank you! It was such a wonderful day and I'll admit I love those kids meals.

So beautiful, I wish I could live there all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OK not wanting to walk up the hill to the Land cracked me up especially in light of your upcoming Marathon. But I get it.

The only thing I don't like about the AP discount (and it's really small) is I wish CM's would mention it more often. Sometimes I need the reminder, lol. When I was in Disneyland a couple of years ago, they asked for AP everywhere. Granted they have a LOT more APers, but still.

Ahh, the Boardwalk and really the whole Epcot resort area is just perfection. I will stay there for sure one day.

Ooh maybe Aurora was late for her meet and greet in France.

Aww so nice that you got to spend a little time with your Grandpa.
Haha I know so pathetic. But there wasn't a shiny new medal at the end of that hill.

I wish the AP discount was 20% I think that would be more reasonable, but then again I'd just buy more stuff I agree I wish they would ask more places too!

Such perfection, I wish I could live there.

Haha maybe, she was turned around though if that was the case, she was heading the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Sounds like a great Epcot day and a better time with family.
It was a fabulous day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Boardwalk looks so beautiful, I'm glad you took all the pictures Sounds like you had a delicious dinner with good company, I'm glad you had a chance to spend time with your Uncle and Grandpa!
Haha just wait until I actually stay there, it will be Boardwalk picture overload.

Thank you, it was wonderful to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Do you mean she looked like she was friends with Aurora? Or a guest dressed in an Aurora costume? Because I thought it was frowned upon for adults to dress as princesses on property?
Oh it was definitely a guest dressed in an Aurora costume, it was one of those polyester satin ones you can buy around Halloween. Plus she had huge heals on which the princess in the parks don't wear. I'm assuming she got away with it because she wasn't in a park.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: