Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #61
JessM
We all have a dream

MVMCP-Part 1

MVMCP-Part 1!
Friday December 6, 2013

It was finally time to head out to MVMCP! I think we headed out around 3ish.

A little post party selfie of my party outfit.

Has anyone else noticed this awesome golf cart at POP before? I wanted to ride it in so bad haha!

On our way to the bus stop we stopped into Everything POP because I had forgotten to bring down a permanent marker to get my vinylmation signed. We looked everywhere with no luck : (

My Dad asked one of the CMs where we could get one and I showed her my vinylmation. She said wait here I can get you one of those. She returned with the perfect tipped permanent marker and gave it to us for free! I was SO happy and thanked her profusely. She made my night!!

We had to wait quite a while for a bus. It was the only long wait we had all trip. We waited a good 30mins. The poor little boy behind us was SO bored. Busses kept coming for every other park, multiples but no MK. At one point there were two Epcot busses there with no one in line. Its like one of you switch and go to MK PLEASE!

Anyways, we passed the time talking to a lady in front of us. She had recently become a snowbird and my parents wanted to hear all about it! I think Iím going to lose them for the winters soon.

Eventually a bus did come and we were on our way to MK!

Crappy picture but we were finally here!

Itís official! MVMCP here we come!

We were finally home! Making MK the 3rd park of the trip just seemed wrong in SO many ways.

We headed over to Frontierland first because we had FP+ for Splash and BTMRR. Unfortunately Splash was down so we decided to grab some dinner while we waited for our BTMRR window to open.

Splash was ALWAYS down it seemed during this trip, we only got on it once
: (

*As a side note: we could have used our FP+ at another attraction. Disney sends out an email letting you know which attractions you are eligible at. It happened to us two other times, one time with Splash again and once with RNRC and we went to other attractions and we scanned through just fine! Or you could come back when it was up and running later in the day. I did notice that the attraction choices to replace normally didnít include character greets or attractions you already had booked that day.*

We ended up not even using that FP+ because we were just goofing off before the party.

Anyways! We had dinner at Pecos Bills.

I loved the Christmas Cups!

I had the pulled pork, sorry no picture, it wasnít bad but the bun was SUPER dry.

After dinner we back tracked and took a ride on Pirates. Sorry I apparently didnít take any pictures.

Then we headed over to BTMRR because our FP+ window had opened!

*Another note: We entered MK with our MVMCP tickets but our FP+ selections still worked*

BTMRR is my Motherís favorite ride of all time. She giggled like a little kid the entire time, its adorable.

After BTMRR it was around 6pm so we started to head towards Fantasyland.
We stopped an finally saw the Tangled bathrooms on our way over!

They were so beautiful!

My parentís had been making fun of me all trip because I was so excited to see them. Every time I stopped to go to the bathroom in Epcot or HS they asked me if I wanted to take a bus to MK so I could use Rapunzelís toilets instead.

That being said, they loved the area too. My Dad was actually jealous, he said the womenís room looked a lot more interesting than the menís room haha. He was jealous of the paintings by our door and the shear size of our door.

Anyways, by this time it was getting close to 6:20pm so I went to get in line for Rapunzel and Flynn! My folks went in search for Christmas Minnie ears for me cause they are awesome.

The guy working out front didnít have a line going yet but Rapunzelís line was so short he told me to go thru and then wait. I went inside and the line took way longer than what was posted so the woman at the front of the line just let me stay inside so I could be first in line for when the princes came out!

I took some photos while I was waiting, it was so pretty in there!

I personally wasnít a huge Snow Whiteís Scary Adventures fan so I actually really like that they changed the space to house a permanent Princess meet and greet.

My main girl!

I was excited to start getting this puppy signed!

The CMs in here were a ton of fun. A few of them had worked a few parties before and one girl had not. She did not believe them when they told her how long the character lines were going to get. I think she really thought no one would come to the parties or something haha.

They all seemed pretty surprised how many MVMCP had sold out that year. The party we went to was sold out and so was the night before.

Anyways eventually it was time to meet the royal couples!

Rapunzel and Flynn were pretty good. They were both excited to be first signing my vinylmation. They signed the ears and were very excited to get that place of prominence.

Rapunzel asked about the ribbon in my skirt and asked if I could replace it with flowers. I said I was sure I could. She also asked if I had seen pascal and I told here to check over by her tower I had spotted him over there!
I also asked Flynn what was in his satchel. He did have the crown, so cool! I told Rapunzel she should wear it more often but she wasnít having any of that.

Next up was Snow White and her Prince

Snow White was actually quite talkative. She pointed out the holly in her hair and said that certain dwarves werenít happy about being dressed up tonight. I asked her if she meant Grumpy and she said how did you guess??
After visiting Snow White I met up with my parents and we decided to hit up Cinderella and Aurora since their line wasnít too bad yet.

I also love Mulan!

My Mom decided to get in on the picture action with Cindy. I honestly didnít take any notes at how they were. I do remember the Prince being the more talkative one here. He was quite confused by my vinylmation statue haha.
Next up was Aurora and Philip

Iím pretty sure this was the same friend of Aurora that I met last year. I really enjoyed her. She is so bubbly and talkative. She was so happy it was the Christmas season and everytime she would say something she would also say isnít that right honey. And Philip would reply oh yes dear. They were too funny!

After seeing all the Princesses we went outside to re-group and decide what to do next. I had just done 3 things I wanted to do so it was parentís turn!
We did stop by and take a peak at the dwarves

Their line was only 25mins but we decided to come back later.

We went down to the Donald, Daisy and Scoorge meet and greet but the line was super long so we skipped it. We headed over to catch the 7:30 Tomorrowland Christmas show instead

The show was super hokey with Haley Comet but so cute! I really enjoyed it until it cut out halfway thru. Like what the heck?! Itís a show and you are having technical difficulties, weird.

But anyways, we ventured onward!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #62
JessM
We all have a dream

MVMCP-Part 2

MVMCP-Part 2!
Friday December 6, 2013

We wandered back thru Fantasyland and my Dad decided he really wanted to meet the Dwarves. I was shocked they were willing to wait that long but I was down so we hopped in line!

We got in line at 8pm and waited 30mins. On a sold out party night!! No need to get in line hours in advance I guess.

Hereís our terrible picture haha. I never want to go without Photopass again.
My Dad had the BEST time! Sneezy blew his nose right into his shirt. He thought it was hilarious!

Next we walked around Fantasyland looking for Peter Pan and Wendy but I didnít see them anywhere : (

So we headed over to ride the HM. Why not right?

The ride was great as always!

It was nearing 9pm so we decided to head to the hub for CTM and Wishes!
We got a pretty good stop just offset from the castle. Even though it was a sold out party there was still lots of room to move around where we were. It really wasnít that bad.

Finally it was time for my favorite show. Celebrate the Magic!

Celebrate a world filled with magic

Wish upon a start that shines so bright

Enter a world of make believe

Let your dreams come true tonight

The Tangled sequence is my FAVORITE. So perfect

The holiday editions were cold too!

From all of us to all of you Happy Holidays

I didnít get any good pictures of it, but I love the Frozen part too. It made me want to see the movie SO BAD. And it started my love affair with the song ďLet it GoĒ

Next up was Holiday Wishes!

I didnít take any photos because I wanted to focus on enjoying the show. But man, the show blew me away. I LOVED it.

The finale especially was spectacular. Totally worth the extra money to go see!

Next we stayed right in the hub because the next Celebrate the Season show was at 10:05.

We all thought the show was really cute. A little hooky but worth the time to sit and watch.

Once the show was over we scurried over to Liberty Square to see the parade!

I made friends with a lovely family and they let me sit with them right by the rope! My parents stood back on the steps of the Liberty Inn, I think?? They loved their view.

Now onto the parade pictures!

Christopher Robin!

Disneyís favorite power couple!

These two were just two adorable

These two having a snowball fight was too cute!

The start of the royal couples

I LOVED Cinderella with her horses. So beautiful!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #63
JessM
We all have a dream

MVMCP-Part 3!
Friday December 6, 2013

Belle in her Christmas dress! I wish she and the Beast were out for meet and greets.

Goofy!

Toys!

My favorite part, the toy soldiers : )

I didnít get any good pictures but I couldnít get over the fact that they were actually playing the instruments. Disney magic right there.

The big man himself!

Such a wonderful parade!

I was really happy my parents both loved it too. I think my Dad has been sold on the idea of parties. He wasnít too thrilled to be spending the extra money on MVMCP but he admitted it was totally worth it!

We had time for one more character meet and greet so we decided to check out the Aladdin gang on our way out. Aladdin and Abu were out, I was hoping for Jasmine and Genie but thatís ok!

There were these adorable girls, they were probably college aged, in front of us. You would have thought they were meeting a superstar or something. They were freaking out, dreams were definitely coming true!

We waited 15mins to meet these two but they were totally worth it!

Aladdin was totally being shown up by Abu and he wasnít super thrilled about that but it was funny.

Abu took my Minnie ears off my head and put them on his. He looked at Aladdin and Aladdin told him he looked ridiculous because of the bow.

Abu turned them around and tried again. It was so cute. I LOVED them!

Aladdin was pretty dreamy too!

It was around 11:40 at this point so we decided, well my parents decided, they were tired and ready to go back. We never officially put my Mom on my room, so unless I gave her my band she wouldnít be able to go home without me giving her my band. And then Iíd have to wake her up to get in so it was just easier to stick together. I totally would have waited for Jasmine and Genieís last set if I was solo!

Anyways, we started to head out and took some time to enjoy Main Street on our way out. Weíd been avoiding it all night to get away from the crowds

So magical!

I just love the snow!

Bye Magic Kingdom! See ya real soon!

Overall we really enjoyed MVMCP. It was crowded in spots but not unreasonable. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I wouldnít hesitate doing another one again! I especially canít wait to do a Halloween party at some point.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #64
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Wow! Thanks for sharing. DH and I have always dreamed of going during Christmas. Hopefully one day we will make it. So glad you had a great time. I have never seen the dwarfs. I am jealous. I would love to see them!

Old 01-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #65
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

Wow what a lovely time you had at the Christmas party! I went during the Christmas time but didn't go to the party, wish I had now!
I love all of the character meet and greets you did, such a variety!
Love how sneezy was wiping his nose on your dad!!!
I love your outfit so cute, especially the Minnie ears!

Me (Jess 18) Mum (DisneyJo) Dad Ellie

Read my first TR here (2008 trip)
MY NEWEST TR JULY 2014
Old 01-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #66
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Your Christmas party outfit is so cute, Jess!!

I definitely want to find that golf cart when I stay at Pop, it's so adorable!

We did MK all day of the Christmas party so I didn't get to see the cute signs at the entrance. I love them.

I love the new character greet so much, much more than Snow White's Scary Adventures. I just think it's so regal and beautiful!

I cannot tell you how much I want to meet Belle in her red dress. Like, I would sell vital organs.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #67
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ah what a great party outfit Jess.

Once again CM's to the rescue! How wonderful to give you a pen. It might not sound like much but this is the Disney difference.

I was at Magic Kingdom all day, so I always miss seeing the great signs they put up.

Haha, yup Splash was down for me too. And I have to laugh at your mother giggling on Big Thunder. I took my mother on in 2009 and well, she wasn't giggling, lol.

Wow, so awesome you knocked out all the pince/princess meets right away.

OMG, I totally remember that show being cut for "technical difficulties" so I was definitely near there at that time.

The dwarfs in 30 minutes???? WOW!!!

AHH me too. It was the Frozen sequence in CTM that I first heard Let It Go and just fell in love with it.

If you loved MVMCP, then you would go CRAZY for MNSSHP. I swear it's even better. But I agree, for a sold out party, it wasn't bad to deal with at all.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #68
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #69
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Jess I wish you all the best as you countdown the days until the Glass Slipper Challenge! What a great plan. I'm certainly impressed. I may one day do a 10K but I'd never do both the 10K and a 1/2 back-to-back. I'm too old! What fun that will be.

Your MVMCP outfit is adorable. What a great night with the characters (I didn't hop in the dwarfs line but I did snap their photo as they came back from a break), the parade, fireworks, and SNOW! I get so excited over the snow since it's so full of Disney magic!

I wish that Jasmine and Aladdin had posed together but I was happy to see Abu and Genie out.

Sounds like a fun night!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #70
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

I love your outfit!!

How cool that you were first in line for the greet.Snow White's prince looks very similar to a friend of Flynn Ryder's that I met at MNSSHP YAY for meeting the dwarves, they look so cute in their scarves! And awesome that you only had to wait 30 mins! Love all the CTM and parade pics, AND your pics with Aladdin & Abu!

I'm glad you guys had a great time at MVMCP and that your Dad admitted it was worth the money

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 01-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #71
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Your party outfit was adorable!!

I'm amazed at how much y'all were able to get done on a sold out party night. Princess Fairytale Hall is just amazing! They did an incredible job for just a dedicated meet & greet space. We have only recently started meeting face characters, and have really enjoyed it, but meeting the princesses with their princes at the Halloween party was really SO much fun! And only waiting 30 minutes for the Dwarfs?? You must have hit the line at just the right time!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #72
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Wow! Thanks for sharing. DH and I have always dreamed of going during Christmas. Hopefully one day we will make it. So glad you had a great time. I have never seen the dwarfs. I am jealous. I would love to see them!
I hope you get the chance to go at Christmas someday! It truly is a wonderful time of year to go!

The 7 Dwarves were very fun! I loved meeting them even though it was quick, they kept the line pretty entertained too, they were too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Luv_Stitch View Post
Wow what a lovely time you had at the Christmas party! I went during the Christmas time but didn't go to the party, wish I had now!
I love all of the character meet and greets you did, such a variety!
Love how sneezy was wiping his nose on your dad!!!
I love your outfit so cute, especially the Minnie ears!
Oh it was the absolute best! I would highly recommend spending the extra money on the party, it was great!

The character meet and greets were a ton of fun and definitely a good reason to attend the party. There were quite a few out and about I wish we had more time to meet them all!

My Dad is still talking about that, he thought it was hilarious.

Thank you! It was nice to be a little "dressed" up, felt so festive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Your Christmas party outfit is so cute, Jess!!

I definitely want to find that golf cart when I stay at Pop, it's so adorable!

We did MK all day of the Christmas party so I didn't get to see the cute signs at the entrance. I love them.

I love the new character greet so much, much more than Snow White's Scary Adventures. I just think it's so regal and beautiful!

I cannot tell you how much I want to meet Belle in her red dress. Like, I would sell vital organs.
Thank you! It was fun to go semi dressed up and festive!

It was right out by luggage services, it was there our whole trip. I wanted to see someone in it driving around!

The signs were so cute! They also had snowman mickey balloons at the MK entrance gates but I couldn't snap a picture, they were super cute too!

I agree, the new meet and greet area is fabulous. Such a great place to meet your favorite Royals!

Hopefully someday they will bring her in her red dress back. That would be such an awesome meet in greet outside or inside BOG! Like so PERFECT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Ah what a great party outfit Jess.

Once again CM's to the rescue! How wonderful to give you a pen. It might not sound like much but this is the Disney difference.

I was at Magic Kingdom all day, so I always miss seeing the great signs they put up.

Haha, yup Splash was down for me too. And I have to laugh at your mother giggling on Big Thunder. I took my mother on in 2009 and well, she wasn't giggling, lol.

Wow, so awesome you knocked out all the pince/princess meets right away.

OMG, I totally remember that show being cut for "technical difficulties" so I was definitely near there at that time.

The dwarfs in 30 minutes???? WOW!!!

AHH me too. It was the Frozen sequence in CTM that I first heard Let It Go and just fell in love with it.

If you loved MVMCP, then you would go CRAZY for MNSSHP. I swear it's even better. But I agree, for a sold out party, it wasn't bad to deal with at all.
Thank you! It was fun to be all festive for the party!

She made my night! I was so happy she was willing to give me one from POPs office stash, definitely the Disney difference!

They were fabulous decorations, I loved them they really set the mood and excitement level.

Splash was down a couple more times during our trip, it was sad

Haha, BTMRR is the only rollercoaster my mom enjoys. She will put up with others but only once. She's too much fun to ride with she just loves it so much.

I was so happy to get to meet all 4! I thought for sure Cindy's line would be too long for my liking after meeting Rapunzel.

It was too weird that they just shut down. Too bad I didn't bump into that night as well!

I was shocked their line was so short, so was the CM manning the entrance. She seemed pretty pumped about it, shorter line = happier guests for her to deal with I guess.

Me too! I fell in love with Let it Go during CTM. I've been listening to the soundtrack since, I hope that part is still there in Feb!

MNSSHP needs to happen for me soon. Hopefully this year while I still have my AP!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #73
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Jess I wish you all the best as you countdown the days until the Glass Slipper Challenge! What a great plan. I'm certainly impressed. I may one day do a 10K but I'd never do both the 10K and a 1/2 back-to-back. I'm too old! What fun that will be.

Your MVMCP outfit is adorable. What a great night with the characters (I didn't hop in the dwarfs line but I did snap their photo as they came back from a break), the parade, fireworks, and SNOW! I get so excited over the snow since it's so full of Disney magic!

I wish that Jasmine and Aladdin had posed together but I was happy to see Abu and Genie out.

Sounds like a fun night!
Aww thank you Brenda! You could definitely do it! Once you run a 10k easily a half is a piece of cake!

Thank you! I got a lot of compliments on it from the characters, it was a fun outfit to have on for the night. And I agree the party was great and so magical. That snow on Main Street was just breathtaking.

I wish all 4 of the Aladdin characters could be out together, but now I'm just being greedy haha. I was surprised Abu stole the show at that meet and greet, I was so happy to meet him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
I love your outfit!!

How cool that you were first in line for the greet.Snow White's prince looks very similar to a friend of Flynn Ryder's that I met at MNSSHP YAY for meeting the dwarves, they look so cute in their scarves! And awesome that you only had to wait 30 mins! Love all the CTM and parade pics, AND your pics with Aladdin & Abu!

I'm glad you guys had a great time at MVMCP and that your Dad admitted it was worth the money
Thank you!

Haha what a small world of character friends

They were hilarious, I loved them, so much fun! They were having a lot of fun with the character attendants and photopass photographers.

Thank you! I always say I'm just going to enjoy the show but I want those pictures haha.

Me too. My Dad can be tight with a buck so its always a relief when my suggestion ends up being a good one
Old 01-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #74
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Your party outfit was adorable!!

I'm amazed at how much y'all were able to get done on a sold out party night. Princess Fairytale Hall is just amazing! They did an incredible job for just a dedicated meet & greet space. We have only recently started meeting face characters, and have really enjoyed it, but meeting the princesses with their princes at the Halloween party was really SO much fun! And only waiting 30 minutes for the Dwarfs?? You must have hit the line at just the right time!!
Thank you!

I was too, for being sold out I didn't think the crowds or lines were too bad.

I love Fairytale Hall, its so beautiful and was desperately needed. Town Hall wasn't regal enough for our royals haha.

Meeting the Princes with the Princesses was so fun. Much more fun than just meeting one character alone, it was fun to watch them play off each other!

It was a great time to hit them apparently. Plus there's a cookie stand by them now, it wasn't a bad wait at all haha!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #75
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

Really enjoying your report. You guys killed it at the Christmas party!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: