Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #31
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

Love the colour of your magic band!
I'm looking forward to trying out the new TT in July, but am not sure if I will like it as much!
I'm not a fan of Illuminations either so I agree once in a trip is enough!
Christmas at Disney is soo pretty!

Me (Jess 18) Mum (DisneyJo) Dad Ellie

Read my first TR here (2008 trip)
MY NEWEST TR JULY 2014
Old 01-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #32
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Jess this is eerie!! Rob is correct, we were watching Illuminations from England that night so we were across the lagoon from you. Even more coincidental... Em and I were staying at BW that trip so we were in the lobby probably a little later than when you swung by.... or maybe not! That will be so funny if I see you in our trip photos.

Glad you were able to finally try out TT. I'm not a fan of the design phase (yet) but I do like the ride itself. And Soarin' is always fun and exciting. What a great way to start your trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #33
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I also had the pink MagicBand excellent choice.

I felt a little iffy about TT the first time I rode it but I liked it much better on the next trip!

PATRICK

Those gingerbread displays are stunning!

The Boardwalk is so amazing, it's so exciting that you're staying there soon!!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #34
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a successful first night! Love the pics of the gingerbread display, how beautiful!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 01-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #35
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

I can't wait to read more about your trip. Our second trip to WDW is scheduled around the same time next year. It'll be nice to see/read about crowd levels, though I think we'll have a little bit of crowds for the first part of our vacation (checking in on the day after Thanksgiving).
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #36
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Sounds like an easy travel day.
I missed that DTD sign. It was cute.
Woohoo on the car upgrade.
Love that building at POP.
I like the refurb of the ride but hate the building of the car. Time wasted I feel.
Soarin’ is the best but needs a refurb.
Great updates and pics.
Thank you!
So happy to have an easy travel day, we were getting worried when they told us it was foggy in Baltimore but it all worked out!
So happy about the car upgrade, our luggage fit perfect!
I agree, Soarin does need a bit of a refurb, but I did think the screen looked better this year than last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Glad your bands worked well. I too had a similar experience... mostly.

Tron Track is growing on me. I think as the time since the original closed grows, I'm liking the new one more. Still not a favorite, but I did for sure like it better this trip than last.

I'm glad you pointed out that the teens on Soarin' were great. We always hear about the bad apples, so it's nice to see the non bad apples get some praise.

Ahh those displays in the Land were so cool.

Haha, I was at Illuminations that night too. In England I think. I thought the Holiday finale was pretty great.
Haha, well we had some charging issues but no band issues, hard to be perfect!

I'm hoping I'll feel the same way about the new TT after I ride it a couple more times. I'm a total sucker for anything at Disney so I'm sure it will grow on me haha.

Thanks! That's why I wanted to mention how fun they were. All I feel like you ever hear is how annoying teenagers are, they aren't all bad!

I loved the land displays! They actually looked like people made them very the gingerbread houses at the resorts looked too perfect

I'm glad you got to see Illuminations this trip! I love the Holiday finale I don't think I'll like Illuminations without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Looks like a great first night. I agree I am not thrilled about the tiered system. we were lucky we booked our FP before they changed it.
It was a perfect first night. The tiered system is SUCH a bummer. Hopefully that won't stick around. My parents thought I was crazy booking our Fp+ so early, but after it got tiered they were thanking me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
I'm joining and enjoying your trip report also. We also always travel with our kids who are now grown and are now going with the kids and grandkids. I can't imagine it any other way. Love to see that you enjoy spending time with your parents at the most magical place on earth!
Welcome! Thank you so much for following along!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #37
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Luv_Stitch View Post
Love the colour of your magic band!
I'm looking forward to trying out the new TT in July, but am not sure if I will like it as much!
I'm not a fan of Illuminations either so I agree once in a trip is enough!
Christmas at Disney is soo pretty!
Thank you! I'm a total pink girl and proud of it!
I'm definitely glad we tried it and it did need an update, I'm looking forward to giving it another try on my next trip!
Illuminations should be updated, more fireworks, less globe.
I agree, I'm afraid when I go in Feb its going to look naked haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Jess this is eerie!! Rob is correct, we were watching Illuminations from England that night so we were across the lagoon from you. Even more coincidental... Em and I were staying at BW that trip so we were in the lobby probably a little later than when you swung by.... or maybe not! That will be so funny if I see you in our trip photos.

Glad you were able to finally try out TT. I'm not a fan of the design phase (yet) but I do like the ride itself. And Soarin' is always fun and exciting. What a great way to start your trip.
That is so eerie! Two days in a row, same place, same time. You'd think we were planning it! You'll have to let me know if you see me in one of your trip photos!

Me too and I'm looking forward to trying it again next trip I think it will grow on me! Soarin, it was such a perfect way to start off the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I also had the pink MagicBand excellent choice.

I felt a little iffy about TT the first time I rode it but I liked it much better on the next trip!

PATRICK

Those gingerbread displays are stunning!

The Boardwalk is so amazing, it's so exciting that you're staying there soon!!
I'm a total pink girl, it had to be done!

I'm hoping I feel the same way!

He's such a hunk haha

I agree they were so pretty and creative!

I'm SO excited you have no idea. I've always been in love with the Epcot resort area so I'm so excited to finally get to stay there.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #38
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Sounds like a successful first night! Love the pics of the gingerbread display, how beautiful!
It definitely was successful! They were so pretty and creative, I loved them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
I can't wait to read more about your trip. Our second trip to WDW is scheduled around the same time next year. It'll be nice to see/read about crowd levels, though I think we'll have a little bit of crowds for the first part of our vacation (checking in on the day after Thanksgiving).
It is a WONDERFUL time to go. Just beware, you might get hooked and never want to go another time of year ever again haha. That's what happened to us!

Crowds weren't too bad, a little heavier than in the past but that's to be expected, with a little planning, its a wonderful time to be at WDW!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #39
JessM
We all have a dream

It's Like a Free Disney Day!-Part 1

It’s Like a Free Disney Day!
Friday December 6th, 2013-Part 1

We woke up bright and early ready for our first full day in Disney!
This was the view out our window…

It's a jungle out there!

Any of you who read my PTR might remember that Friday was scheduled to be our Universal day. Well, we ended up skipping it and adding a day to our Disney tickets instead! My Dad retired this year and his frugalness is back in full swing haha. He didn’t want to spend the money to check Universal out for the day, so while I was disappointed, it meant more Disney time! Works for me!

We headed down to Classic Hall and got some breakfast, then headed out to the car!

So where were we heading this lovely morning…

I compromised on skipping Universal so it was my pick!

Hollywood Studios it was!

I couldn’t wait another second to be reunited with my love TSM <3

Before hoping in line my parents added a day to their park hopper and I upgraded to my very first (and hopefully not last!) Annual Pass!

In retrospect, I probably should have updated my last day in case I decided to come to come this same weekend next year but I didn’t think of it. Plus, I had just assumed the AP would expire the day you first used the pass not the day you upgraded… good to know to future reference! But if I do manage to squeeze in a third trip off this pass it will definitely be for MNSSHP and F&W Or for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in Nov.

Anyways…

We got to Hollywood nice and early but there was still quite a line in front of us at the turnstiles.

While we were in line they opened up the breakfast turnstiles to all guests, people were running over there plowing children and the elderly over without a care. Just a word of caution if you are standing over there, be careful! We were a few rows in anyways so we just stayed put.

We mad dashed to TSM with everyone else since we were planning on using our FP+ reservations at MK later!

My Dad took our tickets to grab FP- while my Mom and I hoped in line!

We actually waited around 40mins! First thing in the morning! It was crazy but we kept ourselves entertained.

I never noticed this was Peter Pan before!

They really did do a fabulous job with this queue

We chatted quite a bit with the family in front of us. They were really nice but semi clueless. The Mom claimed when its your birthday you get a free park pass, balloon, FPs and dinner. All you have to do is bring a birth certificate. I’m not sure what planet she experienced all of that on but ok!

At least Mr. Potato head was up and running again (he was curtained off on my last trip)!

I just love the boarding area!

Before we knew it we were off to play!

These were our scores

I beat Mom! And it wasn’t a terrible score to start off the trip!

My Dad was over riding ST while we were on TSM, don’t worry he wasn’t just waiting around.

After TSM we met up with Dad and headed over to Sunset Blvd. It was time to get our thrill on!

RNRC had a long wait so we grabbed some FP- for my Dad and I to use later

We were being FP- hogs, I’m sorry! We actually only used one FP+ selection today so it evened out! I swear!

Next we headed over to the TOT!

The posted wait was crazy, I think it said an hour. I asked the CM if it was really that long and she simply said "no". And then I asked, “like a lot shorter or a little shorter” she wouldn’t say but we took the chance and entered the line anyways.

I took some pictures to stay entertained

Pretty flowers

More flowers! It had been months since I’d seen any at home so I couldn’t resist!

I have a confession to make: I really dislike the TOT.

There I said it.

I hate that dropping feeling so much.

BUT

I love the story and the theming so I do it anyways.

Its worth it

Its just SO well down

In the end… we waited 20mins before being loaded into our elevator. SCORE!

After TOT we headed over to the animation building. I really wanted to finally do the drawing class.

We got into the building just before they let a full class in. My Dad noticed he didn’t have his magic band on so he ran back to TOT to see if he dropped it there. My Mom and I decided we would just wait for the next class, I mean comfy seats why not?

We sat next to this family with 2 adorable kids. They had a boy who was probably around 9. I pin traded one of the bears from the prize screen at TSM and he was so happy. He knew all about the different prize levels. I had never even noticed them before! I’ve always been fixated on the #. He gave me a mickey watermelon pin in return. I actually really liked it and have it up on my pin board at home.

So didn’t realize we were being counted when we went into the holding area, and I didn’t realize we could have told the CM we had one more coming…

SO after my Dad found his MB and came back the CM wouldn’t let him in the waiting area : ( We felt like this was 2nd time we ditched him today... we are horrible people.

Dad went and saw the Animation movie while we did the class.

We drew Elsa from Frozen.

She was really hard! I was getting a little frustrated because I couldn’t help but think how much I’d rather draw Mickey or someone because a. It would be easier, and b. I had my heart on someone being able to sign my drawing (Elsa and Anna’s line was way too long!)

Plus I hadn’t seen the movie and I wasn’t even sure which one Elsa was haha

Lets just compare…

What Elsa should look like…

Mine!

Ok so it wasn’t terrible, but I definitely wanted to do the class again and try someone else. Anyone else haha.

After the class we had some FPs to use!

Stay Tuned!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #40
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=JessM;50432701We chatted quite a bit with the family in front of us. They were really nice but semi clueless. The Mom claimed when its your birthday you get a free park pass, balloon, FPs and dinner. All you have to do is bring a birth certificate. I’m not sure what planet she experienced all of that on but ok![/QUOTE]

Now that's funny!

Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #41
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Thank you! I'm a total pink girl and proud of it!
I'm definitely glad we tried it and it did need an update, I'm looking forward to giving it another try on my next trip!
Illuminations should be updated, more fireworks, less globe.
I agree, I'm afraid when I go in Feb its going to look naked haha
I've chosen pink for my magic band in July!
Yeah I agree less globe is needed!!

If only that woman's birthday theory was true!
They should stick to the traditional (easy) characters to draw in the classes!!

Me (Jess 18) Mum (DisneyJo) Dad Ellie

Read my first TR here (2008 trip)
MY NEWEST TR JULY 2014
Old 01-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #42
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

YAY welcome to the Annual Passholders club! Being able to go to the parks whenever is great enough, but all the discounts and perks just make it even better

Hahaha oh gosh that mom in line at TSM was too funny. Years ago you got in for free on your birthday, but that ended after a year and I don't think Disney would give away dinner and FPs

Nope, I'm with you, I've only done TOT once and I felt so awful after that I'm never doing it again. You can fling me upside down or send me down a flume, but the multiple straight drops are not fun for me!

I feel like drawing the newer characters is a lot more challenging than drawing the classics. My dad and I drew Wreck-It Ralph right after the movie came out and it was really tough! You did a good job, though!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #43
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ummmm yeah, my view was little different.

ANNUAL PASS!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Haha that woman at TSMM sounds (unintentionally) hilarious. I remember back in 2009 they had a promotion where you did get a free park pass on your birthday (or a gift card $ equivalent). I think some people think that happens all the time.

I didn't end up using FP- very much, but honestly with the FP+ one park limitation, it's hard not to. Unless you don't park hop I guess. And with an ANNUAL PASS!!! you're gonna park hop.

AHHHH I so wanted to do the Animation Class too, but I just kept putting it off so I've still never done it. But Holy Cow, despite how cool it was to get to draw Elsa, yeah, I imagine it would be hard. I do love the idea of getting the character to sign it.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #44
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Now that's funny!
It was too funny! My Mom and I were just like, yeah that's nice ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Luv_Stitch View Post
I've chosen pink for my magic band in July!
Yeah I agree less globe is needed!!

If only that woman's birthday theory was true!
They should stick to the traditional (easy) characters to draw in the classes!!
Pink is where it's at!
I know I wish it was true!
I agree! I know they were trying to promote Frozen but Elsa was too hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
YAY welcome to the Annual Passholders club! Being able to go to the parks whenever is great enough, but all the discounts and perks just make it even better

Hahaha oh gosh that mom in line at TSM was too funny. Years ago you got in for free on your birthday, but that ended after a year and I don't think Disney would give away dinner and FPs

Nope, I'm with you, I've only done TOT once and I felt so awful after that I'm never doing it again. You can fling me upside down or send me down a flume, but the multiple straight drops are not fun for me!

I feel like drawing the newer characters is a lot more challenging than drawing the classics. My dad and I drew Wreck-It Ralph right after the movie came out and it was really tough! You did a good job, though!
So much better. I was loving the 10% merchandise discount.

It was too funny, I remember that promotion but nothing but a ticket came with it I think. I don't know what she was thinking of. Even her husband looked at her like she was nuts.

Haha I keep doing it even though I hate it.

So tough! Wreck-it Ralph would have been rough too! But I get that they want to promote the films but I just wanted to draw Mickey haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Ummmm yeah, my view was little different.

ANNUAL PASS!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Haha that woman at TSMM sounds (unintentionally) hilarious. I remember back in 2009 they had a promotion where you did get a free park pass on your birthday (or a gift card $ equivalent). I think some people think that happens all the time.

I didn't end up using FP- very much, but honestly with the FP+ one park limitation, it's hard not to. Unless you don't park hop I guess. And with an ANNUAL PASS!!! you're gonna park hop.

AHHHH I so wanted to do the Animation Class too, but I just kept putting it off so I've still never done it. But Holy Cow, despite how cool it was to get to draw Elsa, yeah, I imagine it would be hard. I do love the idea of getting the character to sign it.
Yours was just slightly better

Thanks! I'm so excited, now I just have to figure out a way to get to Disney A LOT this year!

She was too funny! Even her husband was looking at her like "honey, what have you been smoking"

I can't handle not park hopping haha. I park hop everyday!

Ahh you should have stopped in for the Animation class, it was great! I'm already looking forward to stopping in again next trip! I really want to draw someone I can meet afterward to have them sign it.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #45
JessM
We all have a dream

It's Like a Free Disney Day-Part 2

It’s like a free Disney day! – Part 2
Friday December 6, 2013

Our TSM FPs were ready so we headed over there next!

I love all of Andy’s drawings in the queue

We were riding with Slinky dog this time!

I rode with Dad and Mum rode alone

The ride was a ton of fun like always

I ended up beating Dad and moving up a prize category! It was a good day!

Can you tell I love the loading area??

Next up it was time for a little reunion with one of my favorite Disney snacks

The amazing red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls.

I don’t remember what my parents got but we all took a little break and sat outside Starring rolls and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. Ahh it was perfect!
Our original plan was to hang out at HS until noontime and then head back take a break and head over to MK for a few rides before MVMCP started but we were having a good time so we decided to head over to the 1pm Beauty and the Beast show.

I hadn’t seen this show in a few years so I was excited!

I just love all the costumes in this show.

The show was great as always. I especially thought the young lady playing Belle did a fabulous job. She sounded just like her and she had a fabulous voice. Well done Disney!

Next Dad and I headed over to RNRC to use our FPs! My Mom isn’t a huge roller coaster fan so she sat this one out.

This ride doesn’t have the most interesting queue but they do a great job with what they got.

I’m a sucker for all Disney pre-shows, this one is no exception <3
“Make it a stretch, in fact make it a super stretch. Ok guys, the show is all the way across town but I got you a really fast car!”

The ride was amazing as always! The acceleration is just incredible.

Has anyone noticed RNRC is sponsored by Hanes? That just seems wrong haha

We decided to head out after this and go back to Pop for a little break before MVMCP!

We hopped in the car and made it back to Pop in record time. I love how close POP is to HS.

We hung around for about an hour before heading out the MK for MVMCP!
I was so excited!

Stay Tuned!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: