Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Aww that is so cute that Baxter knew what was up. Animals are so intuitive and amazing.

Oh... My... GOD!!! Look at those security lines, or perhaps better to say LACK of security lines. My airport is like that too.
I haven't gotten the security Fastpass yet though.

Awww what about all the people on the flight going to Universal???? Oh wait, there aren't any.

YAY Dollar Express. So Awesome!

And YAY for POP AND for 50's. This is the best part of the trip. Everything is all yet to come!! So exciting.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #17
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

I got to do the express line at MCO security, it was awesome!

LOVE the car sign pictures.

Ahhh I am so excited to be heading back to Pop. We booked preferred (my aunt insisted) so hopefully we get as good of a location as you guys did!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #18
katt789
DIS Veteran

Awesome update!!

Looks like your journey over to Disney was good and fun one! I've heard great things about SW and am sad that they don't fly from Canada lol! They seem awesome!

Pop is home! Love it there, especially in the 50's!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #19
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

I'm here, so glad you've started your TR! Glad travel day went smoothly!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
Old 01-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #20
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Joining in!!

Sounds like a pretty perfect travel day! Always nice to wake up to frost, and end the day in FL!
It was so nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
What a great start! I love that you enjoy trips with your parents!
Thank you! And I'm glad too that I like to travel with my folks, it's nice to spend the time with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Jess! I'm joining in. We arrived on 12/5 at about the same time in the SW terminal. I'll check my photos to see if you are in them.

Sounds like you got yourself to sunny Florida just in time. Weren't those temps wonderful?

I need to go read your PTR and see the back story.
Hello! So nice to have you here!

That would be too funny if you found me in one of your photos

SO wonderful! I think that was the best week we've ever had weather wise in WDW!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #21
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Joining in to hear all about your fun trip. Going to head to the pre-trip to read about the redo as well.
Welcome! So happy you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Luv_Stitch View Post
Subbing in, just read your PTR and last TR, can't wait to hear more about this trip
Welcome! I can't wait to share more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Aww that is so cute that Baxter knew what was up. Animals are so intuitive and amazing.

Oh... My... GOD!!! Look at those security lines, or perhaps better to say LACK of security lines. My airport is like that too.
I haven't gotten the security Fastpass yet though.

Awww what about all the people on the flight going to Universal???? Oh wait, there aren't any.

YAY Dollar Express. So Awesome!

And YAY for POP AND for 50's. This is the best part of the trip. Everything is all yet to come!! So exciting.
I found it really interesting since the two trips I took in Nov he seemed clueless I was leaving, he finally caught on

I love small airports!

Haha exactly, we were a fully WDW bound plane!

LOVE Dollar Express, saved SO much time and aggravation

Even though we never walked around it was still cool to finally be in the 50's!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #22
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I got to do the express line at MCO security, it was awesome!

LOVE the car sign pictures.

Ahhh I am so excited to be heading back to Pop. We booked preferred (my aunt insisted) so hopefully we get as good of a location as you guys did!
At MCO the express would be so key! Those lines get so long!

Thank you! I would love to arrive during day light hours to try to get a better one someday.

I hope you do too! We were so close to Classic Hall, it was AMAZING at the end of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Awesome update!!

Looks like your journey over to Disney was good and fun one! I've heard great things about SW and am sad that they don't fly from Canada lol! They seem awesome!

Pop is home! Love it there, especially in the 50's!
Thank you!

Hopefully someday they will expand their service up there so you guys can experience them!

I love how many people on here love POP just as much as I do. I've been missing home so much this week I can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
I'm here, so glad you've started your TR! Glad travel day went smoothly!
So happy you're here!

Its always such a relief to touch down at MCO after a smooth travel day!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #23
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Joining in!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 01-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #24
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Joining in!
Welcome! So glad you are here!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #25
JessM
We all have a dream

Our First Dose of Disney Fun!

*Thank you everyone for following along with me! It really means a lot! Now on with the show!*

Thursday December 5th-Part 2!

We were finally ready to hit our first park of the trip!

But first things first

Magic Band on!

*As a side note, we had a great experience with our magic bands during this trip. Ill try to comment some more as I go along, but we had no real issues with them and I thought they worked great!*

We loaded up in the car and headed over to the Boardwalk! We, well I, wanted to check out the resort after Epcot closed because *spoiler alert!* Im staying there in February!

I really wish this one had come out better, all well!

We headed over the IG and scanned our magic bands and no problem we were in! Our window was open for our TT FP+ so we booked it over there to get in our first ride of the trip.

None of us had been on TT since the refurb and we were all pretty excited!

I was glad we had FP+ for this, the line was still really long and that quene didnt look very interesting.

Our magic bands worked perfectly in the design studio to link our car. The one drawback I saw was that they had every party design a car together, I think we all would have liked to design our own but I get that they are trying to send as many people thru at a time as possible.

Heres our masterpiece haha!

It was pretty congested exiting the design studio but we finally made into the line and headed for the loading platform.

So for the ride&

Im still not sure how I feel about the re-furb. The tron theme is cool, and our designed car did follow us on the boards through the ride but it just seemed like it was missing something. Definitely still a fun ride and Im looking forward to giving this one another try on my next trip!

Heres our ride photo!

After TT our Soarin FP+ window was open! We were loving FP+ tonight, but now that its tiered its kind of a bummer.

Anyways, my Dad ditched us to catch the last candlelight processional concert. What can I say hes obsessed so just Mum and I ventured over to the Land to finally be reunited with Soarin!

<3 Love the Land

We went through the FP line quickly and soon enough I was being re-united with the lovely Patrick

He just cracks me up, he was fabulous in the Emperors New Groove.

We ended up in row one next to a group of teenage boys who were too funny. A couple of them with legitimately scared of heights and they were hilarious to listen too. Im also happy to say there is hope for humanity and they were not annoying on the ride at all. They all had a great time and were so impressed, they were a ton of fun to ride next too.

Apparently we really worked up an appetite Soarin over all of California so we decided to hit up Sunshine Seasons for a late dinner.

We both got the kids Panini pizza which was surprisingly good and I was finally reunited with my love&

The best strawberry shortcake ever, it was SO good.

The plan was to catch a spot around WS to see Illumination from so after we were done eating we wandered out of the Land.

We did stop and check out the gingerbread display first.

Was this here last year? I dont remember it.

A Disney cruise is definitely on my bucket list

We took our time meandering over to WS, it was such a beautiful night!

Imagination pavilion is so pretty at night.

Continued in next update
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #26
JessM
We all have a dream

Thursday December 5th-Part 3!

We ended up meeting up with my Dad in front of Germany for Illuminations!

It was a pretty good spot one group back from the railing.

We could see Holiday Wishes going off in the distance, it got me so excited to go to MVMCP the next night!

Finally it was time for Illuminations!

Im not a huge Illuminations fan but I do like to see it once every trip.

I really just think the globe part is a bit too long.

During the globe part you could still see Holiday Wishes going on in the background and I was so jealous haha.

Once Illuminations ended we made our way out of the park.
We stopped into the Boardwalk and checked everything out before we headed home.

This smelled so good.

I loved the little mickey heads lining the top.

The ornaments in the garland were so pretty!

After wandering around for a while we finally tore ourselves away and headed back to POP.

We needed to rest up for our first full day!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #27
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Sounds like an easy travel day.
I missed that DTD sign. It was cute.
Woohoo on the car upgrade.
Love that building at POP.
I like the refurb of the ride but hate the building of the car. Time wasted I feel.
Soarin’ is the best but needs a refurb.
Great updates and pics.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #28
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Glad your bands worked well. I too had a similar experience... mostly.

Tron Track is growing on me. I think as the time since the original closed grows, I'm liking the new one more. Still not a favorite, but I did for sure like it better this trip than last.

I'm glad you pointed out that the teens on Soarin' were great. We always hear about the bad apples, so it's nice to see the non bad apples get some praise.

Ahh those displays in the Land were so cool.

Haha, I was at Illuminations that night too. In England I think. I thought the Holiday finale was pretty great.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #29
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Looks like a great first night. I agree I am not thrilled about the tiered system. we were lucky we booked our FP before they changed it.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #30
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

I'm joining and enjoying your trip report also. We also always travel with our kids who are now grown and are now going with the kids and grandkids. I can't imagine it any other way. Love to see that you enjoy spending time with your parents at the most magical place on earth!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: