Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
GretchenG
Earning My Ears

Best Resort for Us and In-Laws

I need a bit of help. We are planning a trip to WDW in early September of this year. Staying on property is an absolute must. DH and I are treating my in-laws to a trip, so there will be 4 of us, all adults. Our plan is to get 2 rooms, because I think we might all go crazy trying to share a room. Because of that, a deluxe resort is outside of our comfortable price range. I've only stayed on property once before, and that was at CBR and I LOVED it! That being said, I'm a fan of change. If it were entirely up to me and it didn't matter what anyone else wanted/needed, I'd like to get one of the royal rooms at POR. I'm a big Disney movie fan, and I love the Disney movie touches and the princess feeling of them. I'm just not sure if any of those rooms will meet my in-laws' needs.

Their room needs to have:
1. 2 beds, neither of which is a sleeper sofa
2. Grab bars in the bathroom (especially for the bathtub or shower, but it would be good to have them for the toilet too)
3. No stairs to access the room (they will both need to use ECVs)

Our room needs to have:
1. A close proximity to their room
2. A close proximity to Disney fun
3. Facilities for sleeping and showering

I'm thinking that I need to request an accessible room for my in-laws due to the need for grab bars and ensuring that there won't be stairs, but I saw someone at some point say that they were only able to get one with a king bed. Is that a common issue? Also, can we get a regular room next to an accessible room? Are there any resorts that would be better than others as far as meeting these needs?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Kimberle
WL Vet

You should ask over on the DisAbility board. They can help you with the accessible room questions.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

You at the Contemporary, inlaws at the GF.

Anything closer than that would be uncomfortably close for me.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
TheWire727
Earning My Ears

Oh boy in laws...... You at POR and them at.....Vegas? Haha just kidding. POR is a great choice. The princess rooms are pretty amazing, I even loved the special touch of them when I took my fiancé. You should be ok there as we'll for a room for them, just check the boards and/or make a phone call to the resort. But that's your best bet I honestly won't even tell you your other options. The deluxe ones are mostly overrated anyway unless u get a really good deal, atlesst compard to POR
TheWire727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
WDGPCFR
WDGPCFR

I hear you on the cost of Deluxe but that may be the best option with the EVC's. At one of the monorail resorts it will be easy to load onto the monorail and get to MK and EPCOT.
WDGPCFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
GretchenG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw21726 View Post
You at the Contemporary, inlaws at the GF.

Anything closer than that would be uncomfortably close for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWire727 View Post
Oh boy in laws...... You at POR and them at.....Vegas?

After a lot of time reading on the DisAbilities board (thanks for that advice Kimberle!), looking into options, and discussing them with DH and in-laws, we found something that everyone is happy with. We are getting royal rooms at POR!

Thanks so much for the input and for the laughs!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: