Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
boomar
Mouseketeer

Talking POP CenturyTransportation

Hello
It has been 2 years since we visited DW, is POP still on its own bus transportation to and from the parks or do they share with AOA.

Thank you
Old 01-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Pop does not share and I find Pop's bus service to be excellent.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
boomar
Mouseketeer

Thank you.. This is one of the main reasons we like staying at POP, their park transportation.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
Dis703
DIS Veteran

We were just there in the fall and they had their own buses. Although I found wait times and crowds seemed to negate any benefit that had over other resorts who share buses.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

Don't have to share is great. But don't forget Pop bus stop usually is towards the end of the bus stop,waiting areas. But the waits usually weren't to awfully bad.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
kristin08
Mouseketeer

I was just there in October and stayed at POP for the first time. Never again. While the buses don't share, I have never waited so long and had such crowded buses EVERY RIDE! And we are rope drop people. Even the buses an hour before park opening were standing room only. Once waited 35 minutes for a bus to Hollywood Studios. Lines everywhere. Not a good experience at all. We stayed at BW the previous year and shared buses with YC/BC/Swan/Dolphin and had a better experience.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin08 View Post
I was just there in October and stayed at POP for the first time. Never again. While the buses don't share, I have never waited so long and had such crowded buses EVERY RIDE! And we are rope drop people. Even the buses an hour before park opening were standing room only. Once waited 35 minutes for a bus to Hollywood Studios. Lines everywhere. Not a good experience at all. We stayed at BW the previous year and shared buses with YC/BC/Swan/Dolphin and had a better experience.
We also stayed in October. 9th thru 13th. We thought the buses were excellent. NEVER waited more than 10 minutes and that's after arriving at the bus stop as the bus pulled away! So what if its crowded? Other people want to go to the parks also! If u don't want to stand, wait for the next one. No big deal! We thought the buses were great!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #8
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
We also stayed in October. 9th thru 13th. We thought the buses were excellent. NEVER waited more than 10 minutes and that's after arriving at the bus stop as the bus pulled away! So what if its crowded? Other people want to go to the parks also! If u don't want to stand, wait for the next one. No big deal! We thought the buses were great!
I also went in October and this was my experience as well.

Actually we had a few busses to ourselves during our 11 day POP stay.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #9
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Stayed there in September. Wife and I agree, never again. Very crowded buses; leaving the parks, we usually caught the AOA bus and walked over to Pop. For some reason, their waiting lines were not as long as Pop. In November, we went back to the All Star resorts.
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus4u View Post
Stayed there in September. Wife and I agree, never again. Very crowded buses; leaving the parks, we usually caught the AOA bus and walked over to Pop. For some reason, their waiting lines were not as long as Pop. In November, we went back to the All Star resorts.
Totally agree. Between the horrible bus service & the rude cast members at check in (including supervisors) and the insane food court we won't be back. Gave it 3 chances different times of the year but we're done with Pop too.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #11
Huff
DIS Veteran

We've had great experiences at POP every time we've stayed. CM's at check in or for other needs were always better than expected.

Generally the buses were good. Rarely much of a wait. The exception is leaving MK or EP at closing time. The lines for a POP bus would stretch way back well into lines for other resorts. When this happened Disney would double or triple up on the buses for POP, 2 or 3 arriving to pick people up at the same time. But this only occurred after we had waited 15-20 minutes already. We learned and began leaving the park 15 minutes before closing and walked right on the bus.

We'll be back to POP in a few weeks. Can't wait.
2007 POP
2008 POP
2010 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
2014 POP
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

We stayed there in last July for a few nights! We never had a long wait for a bus, and, they were rarely crowded too. We hope to stay at Pop again some time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: