Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

Jambo House or Kadani Village?

I am thinking of using our DVC points to stay at the AKL Villas but I wasn't sure which is the better location for access to the pools, dining etc. ? I've only ever stayed at AKL before so I'm not familiar with the DVC villas locations. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

Our first DVC stay was at BLT and Jambo. We loved both. Jambo's lobby is amazing! We chose Jambo over Kidani because Jambo has QS. We were on the DDP and ate at the Mara a few times. We visited Kidani and swam once. The lobby, of course, doesn't even come close. To get to Kidani's pool you had to go out the front doors and walk to the right. Kidani and Jambo share a bus with Kidani being picked up and dropped off first for parks. I can't imagine staying at Kidani because I love the lobby and feel of Jambo.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Fan View Post
I am thinking of using our DVC points to stay at the AKL Villas but I wasn't sure which is the better location for access to the pools, dining etc. ? I've only ever stayed at AKL before so I'm not familiar with the DVC villas locations. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
How many people and what size room? For Studios, they are about the same size, I would go with Jambo. For 1 bedrooms or larger, Kidani rooms are larger and have an extra bathroom. The master bathroom has separate tub & shower, Jambo has a combo.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #4
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Both are beautiful and wonderful to stay at. We stay at kidani...the pool is great there for young kids. But if you are using the DDP, Jambo house may be more convenient. They have both QS and TS restaurants. Either one you choose you won't be disappointed

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
briand1023
Mouseketeer

Read my review I posted today and let me know if you have questions.
briand1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by briand1023 View Post
Read my review I posted today and let me know if you have questions.
Where is your review? I am contemplating the same decision and would love to read it.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
How many people and what size room? For Studios, they are about the same size, I would go with Jambo. For 1 bedrooms or larger, Kidani rooms are larger and have an extra bathroom. The master bathroom has separate tub & shower, Jambo has a combo.
We have three adults in our party and were looking for a Savanna View. We're not on the DDP but really enjoy walking into the lobby at the AKL so I'm leaning towards the Jambo House. Thanks for all your comments!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
briand1023
Mouseketeer

Look for my report in the DVC Trip Reports section.
briand1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #9
Paradise18
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both (on rented pts). I like both for different reasons. Kidani for the better water slide and being first to be picked up/dropped off by the bus. But it doesn't have a CS option. For that reason alone I would choose Jambo if I had the choice. Both are beautiful.
Paradise18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
PrincessDaisyDuck
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani and I was surprised to find that I preferred Kidani. While Jambo has better access to the Mara and a larger gift shop, we found Kidani to be so peaceful and nice. The room was larger, the kid splash area was great and the busses picked up at Kidani first. We really enjoyed the walk from Kidani to the Mara but it was a bit lengthy and we enjoy walking. If you are looking for access to food Jambo may be best, but my vote is for Kidani!

1996 SoG & OKW, 1998 YC, OKW & WL, 1999 SoG & OKW, 2007 OKW, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, Jan. 2010 BLT, Sept. 2010 AKL Jambo, Jan. 2012 AKL Kidani, Sept. 2012 CSR, Feb. 2014 SSR
PrincessDaisyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
HereForMinnie
Mouseketeer

We've only stayed at Kidani for the one bedroom (which is a huge convenience with the washer/dryer). I liked the pool/water play area and being picked up first.

However I think next time we'll try Jambo House because I like their shop and restaurants more. I don't like that we'll be picked up after Kidani (when we were picked up and then arrived at Jambo, the bus filled very quickly and many people weren't able to board, including those with wheelchairs/scooters). We will just take the van that runs between the two resorts and wait at the Kidani bus stop so we'll have a seat on the bus.

Upcoming: Last minute trip July 2014-GF RPC
2011- Poly GV (1x) GF TPV (1x) GF RPC (1x)
2012- SSR (1x) AKV SV (2x)
2013- AKV (1x) WL (1x, never again) BC (1x)
HereForMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
PaulaVonSchweetz
Mouseketeer

We are also DVC members. Home resort being BLT.
It would appear that I will be posting on the opposite side of the fence.......

We have now given AKL 3 opportunities to impress us, and unfortunately we have had nothing but horrible experiences there and have chosen to never stay there again.
While the hotel itself is absolutely stunning. The rooms are more than sufficient, and the savannah views are wonderful.
Our issue there fell on service and the staff.
I found more rude CMs at this hotel than I have ever encountered in my 10+ Disney visits. Ones response to me while I was expressing a frustration that I had was "Well, whatever. I don't know what to tell you."
The hotel is so enormous that busses seem to take forever, and there is so much extra walking...... for example, if you are in a room towards the end of the hallway it could take you upwards of 8 minutes to get there from your elevator. Not easy with an exhausted toddler after a long day at the World.
The trek between Jambo and Kidani for quick service is a joke. No walking path, so you're basically just hoofing in the parking lot, which I found to be a bit ridiculous in a new hotel. I would think that they would connect the buildings by bridge like BLT/Contemporary. They do now however offer shuttle between the two, which is an improvement.
Kidani DOES have a fantastic pool. That I will say. And waking up at 7am to a giraffe walking past your balcony is a once in a lifetime kind of feeling.
Unfortunately we will most likely not stay there again, but maybe we just expected something different from what is considered one of the deluxe resorts.
I feel like I just get better service and value - including the value of my time - at other resorts.
September 2009 - Caribbean Beach
December 2011 - Bay Lake Towers & AKL
May 2012 - Bay Lake Towers
September 2012 - Bay Lake Towers & AKL
December 2013 - Bay Lake Towers & AKL
April 2014 - Bay Lake Towers
September 2014 - Boardwalk Villas - WOO HOO!!
April 2015 - TBD
PaulaVonSchweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

Kidani Vs Jambo

We stayed in Jambo house which i think was easier for getting around, its the main building, the Kidani village and Jambo house have a little car running back and forth to take you back and forth for free.

Jambo House has the amazing buffet restraunt and Kidani has Saana which was equally amazing. #

both have good animal views.

id say this is down to personal preference, but i prefer Jambo

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise18 View Post
We have stayed at both (on rented pts). I like both for different reasons. Kidani for the better water slide and being first to be picked up/dropped off by the bus. But it doesn't have a CS option. For that reason alone I would choose Jambo if I had the choice. Both are beautiful.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #15
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We love AKV.

We prefer the 1 bedroom at Kidani because of the extra bathroom. It is great getting everyone ready in the morning, or quick showers after swimming.

We also love our savanna view, it is great seeing the giraffe and zebra.

I think depending on what you are interested in either house would be good to stay in.

I like that Kidani is away from the hustle and bustle of the main house but I also love the main house for dining.

We have never cared about traveling time to and from the parks or to dining. That has never been a concern of ours. We also drive so travel time is not big deal and we drive to Jambo to eat at Mara or to the parks.

I have a bus problem but that is for another message board.

We have always had exceptional service from the cast members at AKV. In fact, we have had exceptional service from all the DVC resorts and non-DVC resorts we have stayed at. I would say our best experience was at BCV but AKV is still our favorite. We like the theme, the pools, dining, and animals at AKV.

Good Luck in your decision.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: