Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
SDTeaGirl
Mouseketeer

How many days do you stay at WDW?

I see normally people stay 1 week-
Our first trip Nov. 2013 we did 2 days at WDW- 1 day at Universal and 1 day at the Beach-
Our second trip Dec 2014 we stayed onsite for 11 nights-12 days- but spent 2 days at Universal and 1 day at SeaWorld- we still didn't get to see everything we wanted.

So this year we are not going- Might go to Hawaii instead in Jan. But have a Oct 28- Nov 9 2015 planned trip.

What do you normally stay? I know I am addicted to Disney- I would like to keep going back at least once every year or once every other year until our daughter is bored with it or out of High School! Not sure if DH would like this- but being there - its just like I am a little kid again enjoying life instead of feeling like normal people feel at work.

Just can't wait to go back again- I feel like I could cry if I could never go back! It's UNTHINKABLE!!!
SDTeaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Disneymomma0783
Mouseketeer

Lol I can relate! Our first trip (pre DH and kids) I stayed offsite, did four days at parks. Second trip, on site four nights, four days at the parks. Third trip, 7 nights on site and at the parks. Fourth trip, 10 nights on site, six off site, 10 days at the parks plus water parks and DTD. For our October 2015 trip, we have 11 nights on site, 5 off site and will do 10 days at the park plus Water parks and DTD....also will have two days at US (we did US on precious trips).

I would go every year , at least twice lol! Airfare from Canada is very pricey and we do like to go for 16 nights.

Hubby has already said next trip is Hawaii (2016) Soooo I'm hoping to buy into DVC and have those points ready for us dr our (hopefully) 2017 trip back "home"!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
LeeLee'sMom
DIS Veteran

We have stayed between 7-9 days. During some of those trips we have done Universal for 2 days or a day at SeaWorld. this year we are doing 5 days at WDW and then staying onsite at Univ (first time staying at Univ Royal Pacific) very excited about that.

We have gone 5years in a row, took a break --Mom wanted a beach resort vacation and we went to Punta Cana..which we love, but this year with the new 7DMT and Harry Potter stuff..it was back to Orlando
Old 08-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
SimonSez
Mouseketeer

We're usually there about 7 days. Work/school doesn't allow for much more than that. Nor does the wallet or the cats

Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing some kind of commotion downstream

2002 Poly, 2007 Poly, 2010 YC, 2011 Poly, 2012 Poly, 2014 BWI

Me Dsis DNieceFinnAvery Frannie Simon
SimonSez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Our normal annual stay is 10 nights/11 days and that is perfect for us. Enough time to just take our time and enjoy being there.

We leave in 9 days for our next stay and I can't wait!

That being said, we booked our 2015 trip for 9 nights and will likely shave that down to 7 or 8 nights because it will be the 1st trip for our new baby (who will be born in early Jan). There are just too many unknowns traveling with an 3 month old that we don't want to commit to the 10 nights so will take a shorter trip for next year.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
disney meema
DIS Veteran

From the 80's through the 90's we took 7 night trips then we up it to 10 nights for about 8 years ... Then we up it to 14 night stays. ( upcoming trip this November is 10 nights at AKL and then 4 nights at GF ) Actually thinking of arriving 2 days earlier and staying at a value for a few nights since we travel from the west and lose really a whole day in travel. plus it's only 3 hours difference in time but when you want to go to a 8:30 am ADR for breakfast ... it's like eating at 5:30 am ( yuck ) plus the getting up prior and getting there on the bus it's more like getting up at 4 am ( double yuck ) So hoping to use 2 days to gradually get on Florida time : ) Then add in the parks close earlier in November most nights it kind of makes sense.
For us we like a 2 week stay so we can enjoy the pools, shopping and the resorts a few days for non park days. Everyone has their travel style and I'm certainly not a commando park traveler
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

For the last several trips we've been staying 8 nights/9 days. That seems to be the perfect balance for us. Not too short, not too long.l
L&Lfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTeaGirl View Post
... What do you normally stay?
We've done as few as 6 nights and as many as 10 nights and found 9 nights to be ideal for us.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
Lisa loves Pooh
DIS Veteran

We have DVC and presently only fit in the 2 bedrooms. We try to squeak out 4 days with our present point allotment.

We are saving points and going to try for a 7-10 day visit for our next onsite DVC stay. That won't be before Dec 2015 at the earliest.

The longest I have ever stayed on site was a week at Poly CL in 1992. All visits since then have been 4 or 5 days or less.
Lisa loves Pooh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #10
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

We snuck in a 4 day stay in 2011 and stayed 11 days a few years before that but the most frequent number for us is 8, we're doing 9 this Oct. Eight gives us 2 days at each park if that's the plan so we don't feel rushed. The strange thing we've experienced the last few years is that by the half way mark we feel like we've been there for much longer. Yearly trips will do that, when we arrive the first day and hit the R&C for 'brunch' we feel like it's a continuance of last year's trip.

Bill From PA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Our first trip (2012) was 7 nights and we arrived on a red-eye flight so that included a full park day upon our arrival and a partial park day on our departure day. We spent one day of our trip at Universal doing both parks but were finished by 2pm. US/IOA weren't worth the cost to us...a lot of the rides were being refurbished and it didn't feel magical like WDW with the theming. During our trip I felt like we had plenty of time but realize now we rushed through everything.

We are going back in 2015 for 9 nights! We won't be doing Universal this trip so that will give us an extra day at WDW that we lost on our last trip. I wanted this trip to be more relaxed and low-key with plenty of time to explore the resort (AKV), not be rushed in the parks, and have time to do rides we missed last time. We skipped a few rides/attractions like IASW, BTMR (refurb), and Hall of Presidents, PeopleMover, etc...this time I want to do it all!

My husband thinks 9 nights is too long and is sure we will get bored...but I know it will be perfect. We can explore, really taking in the theming and decor everywhere, etc. We are also going during F&W so I know he will love that!

Me-29: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #12
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Our first trip many years ago was 5 days and it was clearly not enough. We now do no less than 2 weeks. Would love to do a solid 3 weeks at least once!

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

We usually stay from 3 to 7 days

We always stay moderate or deluxe, so that's expensive even with 20-30% off ... Staying value we could possibly get to stay for a few more days. But we're moderate-deluxe snobs.

p.s.: We go once or twice a year.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon)
May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort
December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs
April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel)
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #14
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

We go several times a year. This year our shortest trip will be three nights and our longest will be 12 nights but includes a 3 night cruise. We did two 8 night trips this year---one in march/April and one in June and I really like that length of trip best I think. I always felt we had plenty of time and was ready to go home at the end of the trip.

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
kmb584
DIS Veteran

We're usually there for 9 nights/10 days or 10 nights/11 days; it all depends on what flights are available!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: