Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
jenncope

Setp trip...where to stay since poly refurb...

I am soliciting opinions for where to spend our club level room dollars the first week in SEPT 2014... first some history, we (family of 4) have gone on a trip for the past 8 years in SEPT, always staying at the poly club- water or theme park view. will miss it terribly this year as we are not staying there-pool closed, many rehabs but we have processed that. we plan to go this labor day week; our kids are 10 & 12. we spend a lot of time in the club lounge resting and relaxing. we also take advantage of lounge food & drink offerings a lot. we currently have ressies at the club poly, club contemporary and club deluxe boardwalk inn club room.

we were leaning to staying @ the cont but with new reports about WL pool closing, much of the CONT appears to be full and the sold out club level. we are worried about it being busy--as we are spoiled and are used to our lovely, laid back poly feel and independent lounge and outer building. I am leery to leave the MK resorts but am nervous that the CONT's hotel, lounge and pools will be sooooo busy.

I am thinking the BWI w/ the deluxe club room would be nice. smaller hotel, larger room, less ressies- as of now, lounge w/ higher ceilings and balcony for FW viewing.

My hubby is intrigued by the BC club del rm (pool main draw there) I just looked into the BEACH Club...they have a club level deluxe room. all of their room options are available which makes me think the resort is less full than CONT. But the BC lounge is so small and I just read they may be refurbing rooms, especially club level in sept---UGH

Btw, the YC is sold out of club del room options during our stay.

If we jump to an EPCOT resort we would miss the MK access,monorail and water pagent, watching FW, seeing the castle, hearing the boats every am. But kiddos are older and maybe an EPCOT resort would be a magical change and something different...if we jump to EPCOT---which hotel?....i want to have yet another magical trip but am so thrown on where to spend the club level room $...Thanks for your advice & support!

OR***
Can the SEPT trip and go the 1st week of DEC??

Last edited by jenncope; 07-02-2014 at 03:04 PM.
jenncope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to our Resorts Board.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: