Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #196
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post
I don't know which one I'd pick - WDW or DLR.

At WDW, I would take the package that inclides staying in the castle suite, because when will you ever, ever have the chance to experience that again?!?!

At DLR, I would take the package that includes having a VIP tour person for 8 hours, because I'd never pay to experience that. I'd also take along (for the day) my DNieces who live in the area and have APs.

What a wonderful problem it would be to have - having to pick between fabulous trips!
Are you referring to the WDW Vacation-A-Day contest or the the American Tourister contest?

The Vacation-A-Day contest does not include those options.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #197
disneynan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
Did I miss that in the prize section or are you wishfully thinking? I thought it was flight, hotel and a 500.00 gc
I thought the same thing. I have seen other sweeps that include a castle stay, but don't remember seeing it for this contest. I think last year's prize included more options. Maybe the poster was reading old rules?

Castle stay would be awesome though huh?

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #198
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Did 'anyone' actually read the rules??

Disney 'picks' the hotel and it's a standard room. Where is everyone getting all their 'fantasy' expectations of winning from?? (castle suite, choice of hotels, rooms, etc.)

I'll take 'whatever', but from the rules the choice is Disney's, not the winners.

It's also 'limited' to a group of 4 (winner + 3).
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #199
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post

Where is everyone getting all their 'fantasy' expectations of winning from?? (castle suite, choice of hotels, rooms, etc.)
I "think" PP has this contest "confused" with the American Tourister contest.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #200
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post
I don't know which one I'd pick - WDW or DLR.

At WDW, I would take the package that inclides staying in the castle suite, because when will you ever, ever have the chance to experience that again?!?!

At DLR, I would take the package that includes having a VIP tour person for 8 hours, because I'd never pay to experience that. I'd also take along (for the day) my DNieces who live in the area and have APs.

What a wonderful problem it would be to have - having to pick between fabulous trips!
Where are you finding these packages/options? I can't even find where we get to pick our hotel rooms vs it being Disneys discretion...

We just went to DLR in September and while our pick would be WDW this trip, I wanted to say that I agree DLR is not a 2 day park - we went open to close for 4 straight days and still left things undone! And very few things done more than once!!

Our WDW choice (if we get to make it?) would most likely be to stay at the Poly....we are DVC but stayed at Poly for our honeymoon and would love to do it again!

We would extend our stay with DVC points for sure - but this would save us some extra points for our trip to Hawaii in 2015!
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #201
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Did 'anyone' actually read the rules??

Disney 'picks' the hotel and it's a standard room. Where is everyone getting all their 'fantasy' expectations of winning from?? (castle suite, choice of hotels, rooms, etc.)

I'll take 'whatever', but from the rules the choice is Disney's, not the winners.

It's also 'limited' to a group of 4 (winner + 3).

LOL, I think some are getting this sweepstakes confused with one that was out several months ago.

That said, it is true that the rules state that it is "limited" to a group of 4 but... last year we heard from several winners (the sweepstakes sounds pretty much the same) that were able to add people and/or days by paying the additional costs themselves.
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #202
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

family of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
Thinking about if my family of 5 won ....I know you can pay the way for the fifth person. Most WDW Deluxe resorts can accommodate a family of five. Can any of the Disneyland resort single rooms accommodate a family of five or would you have to pay for a second room due to max occupancy of 4 people?
We are a family of 5 and we stayed at the contemporary. In one regular room there were 2 queen beds and a sofa that folds down! Worked great for us!
kirbyx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #203
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel_disney View Post
Where are you finding these packages/options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
LOL, I think some are getting this sweepstakes confused with one that was out several months ago.
I "think" PP is getting the Vacation-A-Day contest confused with the Disney Side American Touriser contest that DOES include those options.

http://www.americantourister.com/DisneySide/
Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #204
skepace
Mouseketeer

Can my wife and I enter using different email addresses? Or is it on per physical address?

Thanks!

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
skepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #205
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
Can my wife and I enter using different email addresses? Or is it on per physical address?

Thanks!
That answer is in the official rules...

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #206
Amii
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post

Thanks!
It is once per day per person and email address. You could each enter once a day as long as you each use a different email address.
Amii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #207
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

weird... I just went to enter and it said my email address had already entered for today, which is impossible as I just read this thread and found out about this new contest.

I can't imagine winning. that would be amazing!!!

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #208
coolbrook
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting and thanks to those who are commenting so this thread stays up on the list and I get reminded to enter every day. I've never won anything, but wouldn't it be nice....
coolbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #209
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I believe it was posted that the area code is 212.
Thanks. I thought that was what it was.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #210
Rosco1
Mouseketeer

I am entering each day!

Hey--anyone could win--good luck to all!
Rosco1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: