DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
itutorfortravel
I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addiction!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,642

Which DVCs have extra bath in 1 bedroom?

If we decide to do DVC we will likely book a studio for most trips...however, I can see our wanting to book a larger unit maybe every other year in the summer in order to allow our DD to bring a friend. One absolute must (on my husband's list) would be to have a separate bath for the girls. I understand that some one bedroom units have an extra bath so I'm curious which resorts those are at?

My initial thinking is to buy at VWL because mist of our trips have been and will likely be around Christmas and I love the theming they have for the holidays. However, would I be wiser to buy at a resort with the one bedroom units with the extra bath and try to book VWL for the holidays 7 months out? I guess what I'm trying to determine is what will likely be harder to get at 7 months out...a unit for Christmas at the VWL or a 1 bedroom unit for the summer at a resort with the extra bath?

Thanks!
itutorfortravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 562

One bedrooms with two bathrooms are available at BLT, VGF, and AKV Kidani. For summer, I know that most of the time you will likely be able to book Kidani at 7 mos. However, VWL at Christmas is pretty tough at 7 months. We have never tried for BLT since we are AKV and VWL people but I would assume a standard view would be difficult.
__________________


DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 48,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by itutorfortravel View Post
If we decide to do DVC we will likely book a studio for most trips...however, I can see our wanting to book a larger unit maybe every other year in the summer in order to allow our DD to bring a friend. One absolute must (on my husband's list) would be to have a separate bath for the girls. I understand that some one bedroom units have an extra bath so I'm curious which resorts those are at?

My initial thinking is to buy at VWL because mist of our trips have been and will likely be around Christmas and I love the theming they have for the holidays. However, would I be wiser to buy at a resort with the one bedroom units with the extra bath and try to book VWL for the holidays 7 months out? I guess what I'm trying to determine is what will likely be harder to get at 7 months out...a unit for Christmas at the VWL or a 1 bedroom unit for the summer at a resort with the extra bath?

Thanks!
BLT, AKV Kidani, VGC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
One bedrooms with two bathrooms are available at BLT, VGF, and AKV Kidani. For summer, I know that most of the time you will likely be able to book Kidani at 7 mos. However, VWL at Christmas is pretty tough at 7 months. We have never tried for BLT since we are AKV and VWL people but I would assume a standard view would be difficult.
VGF only has 1 bathroom in a 1 bedroom.

https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/de...loridian-rooms
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,518

Note that the 1BRs at AKV Kidani and BLT, which both have the extra bathroom, are larger rooms (about 100 sq ft larger) than the other WDW resorts except for OKW and VGF. Moreover, be aware that your plan to stay in studios most of the time and do 1BRs once in a while can go awry once you stay in a 1BR. As many have mentioned, once you stay in a 1BR, you won't want to go back to a studio.

If you want something other than OKW, SSR or AKV standard or savanna view at Christmas holiday time, you should own at the particular resort to get the 11 month booking window because at 7 months there can be serious difficulties. If fact, that is true for much of the time between end of Sep and the Monday after Marathon weekend in January, DVC's highest demand quarter of the year by far (the rest of the year, including all the holidays during the rest of the year, are like off-season in comparison; also VWL is usaully open until shortly before Thanksgiving and then it gets blocked out during that high demand quarter from there). It is usually easy to get AKV savanna or standard view, BLT lake view and usually BLT theme park view during the summer at 7 months out; likewise BWV pool/garden view, anything at VWL, and often the same for BCV. Be aware, however, that there are certain categories of rooms that can be difficult to get 7 months out many times throughout the year: AKV club level and value, BWV standard and boardwalk view, and BLT standard view and if you want to regularly get one of those you should own at the particular resort so you get the 11 month reservation window.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, IL
Posts: 2,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Be aware, however, that there are certain categories of rooms that can be difficult to get 7 months out many times throughout the year: AKV club level and value, BWV standard and boardwalk view, and BLT standard view and if you want to regularly get one of those you should own at the particular resort so you get the 11 month reservation window.
This is all good advice and true in most instances. I just want to mention that 1 bedrooms are usually the last to book up. My DD has been able to get BWV standard 1 bedrooms during F&W at 7 months the last 2 years in a row.

Last edited by DizBub; 12-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
BLT, AKV Kidani, VGC.

VGF only has 1 bathroom in a 1 bedroom.
VGF 1 bedroom has a bathroom with a vanity, shower, and toilet and another separate bathroom with a vanity and tub.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,518

The VGF is a one bathroom design consisting of two connecting rooms and it is the same basic design for the two-room master baths used in BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, and OKW, all of which are considered one bathroom and all of which are accessible from either the living room or the bedroom. BLT and Kidani have a large single room master bath with vanity, tub, shower, and toilet (with the toilet given its own little room within the bathroom) accessible only from the bedroom, and a separate bathroom close to the front entrance with a full bath with shower, vanity and toilet, and those are the only ones considered to be two bathrooms.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
The VGF is a one bathroom design consisting of two connecting rooms and it is the same basic design for the two-room master baths used in BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, and OKW, all of which are considered one bathroom and all of which are accessible from either the living room or the bedroom. BLT and Kidani have a large single room master bath with vanity, tub, shower, and toilet (with the toilet given its own little room within the bathroom) accessible only from the bedroom, and a separate bathroom close to the front entrance with a full bath with shower, vanity and toilet, and those are the only ones considered to be two bathrooms.
It may be considered as 1 bathroom at VGF but doors separate the 2 areas and for some having 2 areas, one with a tub and vanity and another with a vanity and shower may be important.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,518

Agree and. like VGF, a door separates the two areas in BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, and OKW. The AKV Jambo 1BR is the one at WDW that has a single bathroom in which everything is one room and there is only one door to the room.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
VGF 1 bedroom has a bathroom with a vanity, shower, and toilet and another separate bathroom with a vanity and tub.

Bill
Which is pretty much identical to all the other DVC resort one bedrooms. Separate jetted tub and vanity from vanity, toilet and shower.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Which is pretty much identical to all the other DVC resort one bedrooms. Separate jetted tub and vanity from vanity, toilet and shower.
FYI, the jetted tub is actually a bubble tub and it will do a couple of automatic purge cycles, blowing water out of the air holes after you drain it. Some have reported that it caught them off guard and they called for help.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
It may be considered as 1 bathroom at VGF but doors separate the 2 areas and for some having 2 areas, one with a tub and vanity and another with a vanity and shower may be important.

Bill
It's a 1 bathroom and a throw back to the design of most of the 2042 resorts but with current fixture designs. In practical use it is no different than the bathroom in the 1BR at VWL (or BWV, BCV and part of OKW).
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.