Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
Just found your report today.

From one teacher to another: Great job!

Looking forward to more.
Go teachers! We have it rough sometimes!

Jan 2009: Pop Engagement Celebration
May 2010: CBR Wedding Trip
September 2011: A POPtastic Anniversary Pre-Trip Report Trip Report
January 2013: A Winter Getaway PreTrip Report Trip Report
He says no, but I'll find a way to go! ~ A December PTR in the making
Old 01-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #17
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Hi Meagan, I'm on board for this one! I am excited to head back to Pop Century very soon.

DTD is pretty crazy on weekend nights so I can't imagine how insane it was with the groups!

The safari pics are AMAZING, the elephant is my favorite so adorable!

This next trip is my first one where I'll be 21 and I am VERY excited to try that slushie, so I'm glad you recommend it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #18
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great updates and pics so far.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #19
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Thanks and welcome to both of you!

I will try to get an update in tonight!

Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #20
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Day Three - We're movie stars!

Day Three - We're movie stars! (1/21/13)

After a good night of rest, DH and I were ready to embark on our second full Disney day. We slept in a bit today against my better judgement, but still managed to get out of the hotel by 9:30am. DH wasn't feeling breakfast yet, so we filled our mugs and hopped on a bus bound for DHS. Fortunately this is not too far from Pop Century so we made it into the gates by just after 10am and headed directly to Toy Story Mania which was already at 30min, but we simply snagged a few fastpasses and moved on to join the Voyage of a certain mermaid we all know and love. This wasn't planned, but the show was about to start, so we ducked in. I was a little nervous for time because Beauty and the Beast was starting very soon, however we did make it in enough time (albeit we had bad seating, but an awesome zoom on the camera). Enjoy.

I love this show so much. It's just magical and well done!

At this point DH was starting to get a little hungry and, therefore, cranky. We headed over to Star Tours because it was only a little after 11am and most lunch spots were working on opening. We did not have to wait too long in the line for Star Tours before we were riding along. I don't recall exactly what simulations we had at this point, sadly. But it was a great upgrade and I loved the experience

Afterwards we moved to Backlot Express for some lunch:
Backlot Express Review
Truthfully the Backlot Express had a lot of food options, but DH and I were really in the mood for hot dogs with all of the fixins'. We also had some french fries and our desserts of chocolate cheesecake and strawberry parfait. It was all pretty average food for Disney standards. No complaints, but no raves.

After lunch it was nearing 1pm which, at DHS means one important event.... that I will cover next time!

Old 01-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #21
scottny
You better have crackers

Great update and pics.

I missed Beauty and the Beast this last trip. Great show.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #22
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

My question of the day is why do kids procrastinate? Ugh I have so many students asking for more time to finish their assignments this end of term it's just insane. You knew this day was coming, students... why did you not prepare?!

Anyway.. enough ranting. I'll be working on a new update tomorrow after finishing up my grading.. assuming I honor these extension requests....

Old 01-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #23
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Shame on me... I got quite wrapped up. I had a little battle with a mysterious illness that left me fatigued for a few days... mostly I slept 14-15 hours until the bug was gone. Then, of course, luck would have it on Tuesday that I would find myself in a fender bender. The good news is I was not at fault, but the unfortunate news is that my brand new car has a little ding in her bumped/tail light. It's such a sad day to see such a once shiny new car look injured.

As it is, the body shop is overbooked due to our recent MN weather disasters, so she will be spotting a sore rear end for a month :sad2 . It just goes to show that if the weather is bad, it's probably best to keep your 16 year old away from behind the wheel!

I will be working on a post tonight and I swear this time I will make it happen! No delays!

Old 01-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #24
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Day Three continued

Day Three continued

After our lunch of hot dogs (we are in Disney and that's what we pick?!) we continued our day at DHS. Now typically in the afternoon DH and I will head back to the hotel for a little nap. However, DHS is our favorite park because of the shows! DH is particularly into the Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show, so that is where we headed next. I have to comment that I do enjoy this show, but once you've seen it, you really do not need to experience it again. Then again, maybe that's what DH thinks about Beauty and the Beast only he isn't telling me

Either way, we made our way over to surge of people waiting to enter the arena. It was unfortunately at this moment that I witnessed a child probably 10-12 years of age walk right into a pole because he was too fixated on his ipod. I felt bad for him because it looked quite painful, but I'm wondering if his pride wasn't the most bruised out of the whole situation
As it is, we got pretty decent seats for the show and I was pleasantly surprised to see they added Lightning McQueen. I don't recall this from last time, but then again I may have just plain forgot. The show is entertaining and the kid in my DH seems to love it, so we continue to return.

After the show we snagged a spot for the afternoon parade and got a nice bucket of popcorn in an R2D2 bucket which just made my day. I was really looking forward to the DHS parade because it had been a few years since we caught it as usually we left for naps. However... as we stood waiting.. those famous Florida clouds began rolling in and within 20 min, it was pouring. DH and I ducked into the nearest shop along with most everyone else and did a little shopping while we waited for the parade that would never come.
I did, however, buy a Lotso who to this day still smells like strawberries! DH and I also got a gift for our niece in the form of a Disney charm bracelet with a few princess charms. She still wears it almost daily to school.

Now earlier in our day we had picked up FPs for Toy Story Mania. Sadly, we FORGOT until I was digging through our park bag to put the charm bracelet somewhere safe and I stumbled upon them. Our window had 5 min left so we walked with quite haste and were 2 minutes late, but the CMs let us on anyway. DH won... again. He always does.

I admit that this afternoon I was not very into snapping pictures, but I think a lot of that had to do with the rain off and on. We left Toy Story Mania and headed to the Jack Sparrow thing which took place of Narnia. I thought it was really creative and well done. It almost looked like a real Johnny Depp up there, but alas I know that is not true! A girl can dream, though. Disney says they come true, right?!

We wandered around a bit killing time before our ADR which I will cover in another post along with my favorite night show that almost got rained out.. Fantasmic!

Old 02-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #25
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Day Three - Magic and Time Travel

Day Three - Magic and a little Time Traveling

When last I left you, DH and I were doing a little rain shopping before our ADR which was at 5:45pm. We decided to return to a favorite from our last trip - 50's Prime Time Cafe. The previous trip we went here and fell in love with the pot roast as well as the fun atmosphere. It was nice to join our 'cousins' again.

50's Prime Time Cafe Review
Both DH and I had the pot roast once again. It did not disappoint this time around, either! The roast was fork tender and had just the right amount of gravy not to overpower, but to make it very moist. I even at the shredded carrots... and I hate carrots! DH is a very "meat and potatoes" kind of guy, so he was not complaining with this meal. We each elected to grab a milkshake to go for dessert because we were far too full. Sadly, the milkshake did not get consumed much on my part because it was still raining and quite cold. DH however, enjoyed his chocolate one and said it was fantastic.

After dinner DH and I decided to catch the 6:30pm showing of Indiana Jones. I have never actually been to this show when it's starting to grow dark outside, so it was a new experience. We enjoyed it, but it did make for bad pictures which I'm far too ashamed of to post.

Finally, after some more wandering in shops, it was time for Fantasmic! We headed to the theater a little over an hour early to get prime seats and the extra time did not disappoint. I'm sure anyone on this board does not need a description of the show, so let me finish this post with a visual plethora of an awesome seat with a nicer camera.

Until next time!

Old 02-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #26
scottny
You better have crackers

I hate fender benders but glad you are okay.
It sounds like a nice day at DHS.

Nice fantasmic pics.

Great updates and pics.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #27
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Real Life Update with some BIG NEWS!

Hello my faithful followers! I sincerely hope you are not too upset with me for disappearing, but things became insane at work. I had a few students dropping classes... a suspension and just some drama. But... I do have some BIG news before I launch into an update!

wait for it.....

...... WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD THIS YEAR!!!!!!

DH and I have been debating a trip and he's insistently been telling me no. However, I eventually won him over as I always do, though the method of which I won him over is a little unusual. You'll have to check out my PTR which is soon to be retitled to celebrate this grand event.

I do promise an update this evening while I have some free time.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #28
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Day Four - Epcot and we forget something big...

Day Four - EPCOT and a big error on our part...

The morning of our fourth Disney day we woke up to some beautiful (but slightly chilly) high 50's and headed to the food court around 9am. DH and I were hitting up EPCOT today and didn't see it necessary to wake up too early - it is a vacation after all. We each got bacon and eggs (delicious!) for a nice filling breakfast. I actually recall walking through the main gates around 10:30am after a little wait for the bus. It was warming up and shaping to be a great day! When we walked through the turnstiles (they still had them back then!) I saw a photopass photographer and reached for my camera so he could take two shots...

...and I reached for it again....

I turned to DH and asked him to dig through the bag - I couldn't find our camera. It was then that we discovered...we FORGOT it at the hotel!

I debated whether we should go back, but DH reminded me that we have so many EPCOT pictures and had already been there that week. I got a little emotional, but he quickly snapped me from my funk and told me this was "our day". A day of no lenses and just us gorging on food, enjoying one another's company, and exploiting the photopass book that we had included in our trip. It was very thoughtful.

And that's just what we did! We rode test track, spaceship earth, Maelstrom, and Soarin'! We wandered the World Showcase for some fish and chips, delicious tacos, and a Grey Goose Slush for yours truly!

Our night ended with a dinner at the Coral Reef, a repeat for us.

Coral Reef Review
Oh boy do we love it here. The atmosphere is so romantic, the wait is never too long for an ADR, and the food is amazing....
....until there's a free dining deal and then only the food saves this place
DH and I do not mind children at Disney, but a 6:20pm ADR at Coral Reef spelled a little break for me... but I guess not. It was loud in this tight space, but our waiter was very attentive given how many tables he was working on. The food, however, was fantastic. I had the steak and DH had a catch of the day which was sea bass and he was over the mood about it. We of course finished with the chocolate wave which was a bit more bitter than usual, but DH loves chocolate where I just accept it. I loved the raspberry sorbet, though!

I apologize for the lack of pictures, but I also highly encourage you try enjoying a day at Disney with your spouse/loved one without a lens. It was magical even if I don't have the photos to "prove" it.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #29
scottny
You better have crackers

No pictures it didn't happen.

I do not think I could go without taking pics. I would have used my phone. I would have the shakes.

Coral Reef is a really good restaurant.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #30
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
No pictures it didn't happen.

I do not think I could go without taking pics. I would have used my phone. I would have the shakes.

Coral Reef is a really good restaurant.
I promise it will NEVER happen again!

Looking to do a new post this evening!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: