Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Memory maker + large family trip?

I have sent an email to disney but I just am too impatient to wait for a reply so I wonder if someone might know the answer to my question...

When we go to wdw next year we are going for an extended trip with family, there are 7 of us in total but in 4 different rooms and reservations. We really want to buy the memory maker but how will it work when we split up on some of our park days? Obviously we don't want to have to buy the thing 4 times over!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
ruthies12
Mouseketeer

If nobody here posts an answer, will you please come back and post when you get the official reply from Disney? I'm wondering the same thing...........
ruthies12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

It is still so new, I don't think we have an exact answer to this question. That being said, my understanding is that the memory maker photopass will be linked to a single room reservation (and the lead guests MDE account). Other family who happen to be in the photo with any one from the lead guest's room will appear in photopass account. Photos taken without a guest from lead guests room will not appear in the photopass account.
From what I've been told, Memory Maker is not sharable by "families" in multiple rooms.
My understanding is that for now a pre-purchase a Photopass CD http://www.disneyphotopass.com/speci...dlearnmore.htm is still an option. Each member or group can use their own photopass card and then add them to a single account upon return.

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

I'm interested too please post a reply. All this new learning is hurting my head

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Danielle3699
Mouseketeer

My travel agent said that if you link your MDE accounts with your extended family, you can share the new memory maker photos that way!!!!! I had asked this exact question because we always travel with some extended family as well!
Danielle3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle3699 View Post
My travel agent said that if you link your MDE accounts with your extended family, you can share the new memory maker photos that way!!!!! I had asked this exact question because we always travel with some extended family as well!
I'm nervous about how this will actually work our last trip there were 25 of us with the photo pass +

I don't know who the MDE will work with that many people's accounts… I'll keep watching how this all works as I plan for our next big family trip for 2015 with about 15 of us

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
ShellieB
Mouseketeer

It will work. Before you go, you need to be sure every other person in your party allows you access on MDE to view their photos. You will be able to download all photos of yours and anyone who is linked to you on MDE.
ShellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Here's what I would do and why.

Link the Memory mate to one family/one reservation. Ask that all others use a card given by the PP photographers (assuming something like this exists for MM). Then have the person with the linked memorymate add those cards to the account.

We were there this month with one reservation, and the pictures still didn't show up on all MDE accounts. My MIL was initially part of my family, but then created her own account, and linked to my account. Well, any pictures that she would take with her magicband wouldn't show up on MDE (brought my tablet into the Photopass store at MK). The Photopass people could see them, but were unable to move them over to my account (which was the same as hers). Confused...so was I and so were the handful of PP people who tried to fix it.

I'm still convinced that some pictures are hanging out in other's Magicbands and not on my account. I wish we just would have used ONE Magicband/account for all of the picture taking/linking. It was a mess and a big waste of time.

I say keep it simple and streamlined so you aren't going through everyone's account to make sure that the pictures are all in one location.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
Dreaming~of~Disney
Mouseketeer

I am a travel agent and I just used Memory Maker last week! My friend and I split the cost of it and both used it. We linked our MDE accounts and then they scanned our Magic Bands every time we had pics taken. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.
Too many trips to count before I got married, Disney Honeymoon 1996 and many more trips before kids
Cruise on the Disney Magic Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2002 with our son
Our first family vacation to WDW Sept. 1-7, 2007 All Star Music
Our second family vacation to WDW Sept. 18-26, 2009 Pop Century
Our third family vacation to WDW Aug. 18-21, 2012 Art of Animation~Lion King Courtyard
Our fourth family vacation to WDW Aug. 12-17, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside~Royal Guest Room
Our fifth family vacation to WDW Dec. 20-26, 2013 Pop Century Merry Christmas!!!
Our sixth family vacation to WDW Dec. 17-26, 2014 Pop Century We are taking extended family this time! Merry Christmas!!!
Dreaming~of~Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I'm sure I've read from multiple people that as long as you are all linked on MDE it doesn't matter if you are in different rooms or in different parks. You can all share. I think each person has to make sure their MDE is set to "share" photos but that's it. You just need one. Now there's only one person who can download the photos but that person can do so and distribute them to the rest of the group.
lizabu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
magik
Mouseketeer

Here's my understanding of how it works. Only the main account linked to Memory Maker can download the photos, but anyone who is "family and friends" with that account through MDE can share their regular photopass photos with that account to be included in the main account's downloads. However, ride photos/meal photos can only be scanned to the main Memory Maker account's magic band or memory maker photopass card.
magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
HarrisonTinkerBell
Machinist Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming~of~Disney View Post
I am a travel agent and I just used Memory Maker last week! My friend and I split the cost of it and both used it. We linked our MDE accounts and then they scanned our Magic Bands every time we had pics taken. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.
Will be visiting next week, and my DSis and myself are wondering what to do. If we split up part of the time, will we both still be able to have photos taken? We have the same reservation record in MDE and our bands are linked already. I'm hoping we would not need two Memory Makers.

If only one of us is able to download, that's not a showstopper. We are more concerned about the logistics of getting the photos put on the Memory Maker account.

I'm confused as to references to photo pass, as I thought that had been replaced with Memory Maker.

Happy New Year from Taratupa!
1973.08: CR | 1989.04: Offsite | 1989.11: DV Treehouse | 1990.09: Disney Inn, Dolphin | 1992.01: Offsite | 1995.05: AS Sports | 2001.12: Offsite | 2002.01, .05, .10-11, .12: Offsite | 2007.12: POFQ | 2010.07: BWV, SSR |
2013.03: POP | 2014.01: CS

My DSis's and my blog: http://cjwdwblog.limewebs.com/
HarrisonTinkerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #13
nich
Earning My Ears

Good afternoon, I have a question about your trip with shared memory maker me and my family are going in February and have older kids that will be off on there own sometimes and wanted to know if there pics will still be on the memory maker acct. we are all linked in MDE and my wife is the holder of the memory maker account. Just wanted do know if you had a situation where you had separate pictures taken where one of you was not primary memory maker and still received all the photos.
nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
dayvewc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Here's what I would do and why.

Link the Memory mate to one family/one reservation. Ask that all others use a card given by the PP photographers (assuming something like this exists for MM). Then have the person with the linked memorymate add those cards to the account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magik View Post
Here's my understanding of how it works. Only the main account linked to Memory Maker can download the photos, but anyone who is "family and friends" with that account through MDE can share their regular photopass photos with that account to be included in the main account's downloads. However, ride photos/meal photos can only be scanned to the main Memory Maker account's magic band or memory maker photopass card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nich View Post
Good afternoon, I have a question about your trip with shared memory maker me and my family are going in February and have older kids that will be off on there own sometimes and wanted to know if there pics will still be on the memory maker acct. we are all linked in MDE and my wife is the holder of the memory maker account. Just wanted do know if you had a situation where you had separate pictures taken where one of you was not primary memory maker and still received all the photos.
I had a conversation with the help desk chat CM the other day about Memory Maker, and the understanding I was given was that
* Only 1 person can actually download the photos
* It must be purchased 3 or more days before photos are taken to get the discounted rate
* Multiple people can be linked to your MDE and see the photos
* If other people get photopass cards, the primary MM user should input them to have the photos show up for download
* Ride photos will need to have the primary user come by within 24 hours to have them added to the account. Make sure that riders get the photo number before they leave.

I think that was all. Hope that helps.
July '09 and New Years Eve '09 offsite . Spring Break '11 Orange Lake , August '12 WorldGate , July '13 Orange Lake , Halloween '13 Saratoga Springs , Spring Break '14 Orange Lake , July '14 Silver Lake , Spring Break '15 DisneyLand Grand Californian

dayvewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
serene56
DIS Veteran

Dec 8 thru 15. 15people. 5 families one plus card.

Each family had a regular photo pass card. And one person from each family took the picture of the number off the back of the plus card.

We could only use the plus card at rides. All other pictures went on the regular photo card. No problems with doing this except at tower of terror. Young girl had no clue how to type in the number of the card. Only knew how to scan

I was the major holder. And everyone was linked into my experience.
We did not use magic bands to get pictures.

We'all'went to different parks towards the end of our stay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: