Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #31
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Happy New Year and welcome to our January challenge!

QOTD January 1, 2014: Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your goals for the challenge and the rest of the year. You don't have to share numbers, it can be general.

Bonus QOTD January 1, 2014: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday -- give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did today week to help you with your goals.
I'm Rose, 46. Kind or bored with my story at this point . I feel like a broken record with the weight loss, etc issues. So I will just say this--I am a g-f, mostly vegetarian with about 25 pounds to lose to get back to my comfortable weight.

Woohoo Wednesday--been to the Y already (50 minutes worth of workouts), did my planks, my mile for the day, drank 32 ounces of water, took my vitamins and did my 8 min meditation for the day. 1/365 done! Booya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
Hello! I rarely post anymore but I am still around and I am in for January. I managed to end the year with a small loss for the holiday season but I also ended the year +3 so I need to get back on track. We moved from Colorado to northern CA and my weight definitely suffered.

I am starting the year off with the Tinker Bell and Princess Half marathons. So I would like to lose 4.8 by Princess. It is good to see so many of you again and I promise to try to stay out of lurkdom!
Nice to see you Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I'm in!!! OMG, I am a biggest loser loser! I gained 5 pounds back since the beginning of November. I have got to get my act together, I have a 1/2 marathon to do in 1 month and 3 weeks!!

Got to come up with a goal and a daily challenge.
You can do it Buffy! Showing your kids that you take the time to take care of yourself is a wonderful gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Tracey and I've just stumbled upon this thread. I'm 45 and I've put on about 15 pounds this past year. I used to be fit and now I just can't fit into my clothing. I went through menopause about 6 years ago and it has really started to hit my body in the past year or so. You know, the dreaded middle age spread. I really have to make an effort to get my body back. So I'm looking forward to getting started and getting to know others.

Happy New Year everyone!
Right with you. The middle age spread stinks. But from what I am reading it can be overcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
hi guys! Glad to be surrounded by such a great group of people! Good luck to you all.

My goal for Jan. is to be at 145 by the end of the month. I'm at 151. I didn't make my goal for Dec. of being 149 (under 150) but hopefully not having major holidays will help

Post often. Stay motivated.
Nice to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
hello ladies i am on the slow real slow weight loss program........... last year i managed to loose and keep off 7.4lbs.......... but i will see that as a victory.......
A loss is a loss! Congrats on finishing the year with a loss!

Hope everyone has a great and healthy New Year. We are watching football today (Go Gamecocks!) so lots of fun food choices, but I am going to work very hard on portion control and enjoy the day.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #32
Lexiesmom
Earning My Ears

Happy New years everyone!
For my first day, I did 30 minutes of exercise so far with a Jillian Michaels game on my my wii, and eating good so far. My problem will be is maintaining this over the course of the month. Sure hope I can do it! I have a lot to lose!
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #33
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Bonus QOTD January 1, 2014: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday -- give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did today week to help you with your goals.
Woohoo Wednesday!
Telling my hubby we needed to register everyone for the 5K and book airfare. He snorted at me and I told him to bite it, we are going to WDW.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #34
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I have such a which is NOT FAIR! I don't drink. We were at NYE party until 1am. I didn't even wake up until almost 11:00. DH, who enjoyed the unlimited beer was up early and is all happy and bouncy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Hi everyone,
I used to be fit and now I just can't fit into my clothing.
That reminds of "I am in shape-- round is a shape!"

Quote:
QOTD January 1, 2014: Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your goals for the challenge and the rest of the year. You don't have to share numbers, it can be general.
I am lovetoscrap/LTS/Scrappy-- most just call me LTS, it helps prevent that pesky mix up with the positioning of the "s". I am the moderator of the Welcome Board which is like the reception desk of the DIS. I am also basically the receptionist at a middle school so I guess I am just made for that type of job. I have 2 girls, ages 13 (8th grade) and 18 (Senior) and a wonderful long suffering husband that puts up with me and takes very good care of me.

I have been "overweight" most of my adult life. Some physical issues caused me to spend a few years basically unable to walk and the weight just piled on. I finally found a dr that helped me get moving again and amazingly just being able to walk around again caused the weight to start to come off. But of course I also needed to change my eating. So in Jan of 2011 I came here and did the BL challenge and lost about 60 pounds following the South Beach Diet. But as always life got in the way, I started working and didn't get time to come here and my weight loss stopped. But I was able to keep things within about 10 pounds, which to me is a victory. I didn't gain more than that and would sort of go up and down in the 10 pound range but couldn't get any lower. Then in August last year I had some routine bloodwork done before a minor surgery and found out that I have hypothyroidism. Dr. said that could explain why I stopped losing.

Those that know me from before may be surprised but I am not doing South Beach! I still absolutely believe in it as a way of eating for life to maintain and be healthy but I realized I needed something with way more structure and a lot less "thought" and work involved. I started back to work the end of Aug. and my boss had lost a lot of weight over the summer and I decided to join her in getting the rest of the weight off using Medifast. It has been much easier to have a very strict plan that I can just grab their food and go. I do eat a "real" meal of a plain protein and veggies every day. I have lost 20 pounds since about the 2nd week of Oct and am feeling wonderful. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe a few weeks ago because I had no clothes that fit right. (LOVE the Goodwill!)

Quote:
I was able to lose over the holidays! I did stray from my plan but still had enough restraint to not go completely overboard. It was only a .5 loss but that is way better than a gain, which is what I expected! I also enjoyed a few things last night that I shouldn't have but today I am back strictly on plan and hopefully I will have at least a small loss.

We are going to Disney the end of the month-- with Free Dining! I will not be sticking to my plan and will enjoy the heck out of it. The funny thing is that we usually end up eating a lot less than usual when at Disney. We are so busy that we don't snack as much as I probably would at home. And with so many great healthy things to eat there often we do make pretty good choices. I would like to get to my current mini goal (see tickers) before we leave.

And I probably need to add my usual disclaimer-- I talk A LOT! Kudos to anyone that actually reads everything I type! I go back to work tomorrow so I will have less time to respond so hopefully I will be less prolific.

It is the first day of the brand new year-- everyone have a GREAT on plan day!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #35
XrayChicken
Earning My Ears

Hi! My name is Kami and I'm 41 (will be 42 next month). Married to my DH for 7 years. No kids of my own but I have 2 step kids and 3 fur babies.

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic (have had Diabetes since the age of 9) and I'm on an insulin pump. I'm also in the beginning stages of menopause so I'm going through all the hormonal hurdles that come along with that. I lost my mother to Ovarian Cancer a year ago today so 2013 was a year of grief for me. I'm looking forward to 2014 and I'm determined to be healthier and happier this year. I'm at the highest weight I've ever been and it makes me feel miserable. Nothing fits and I feel so bloated. Ready to work at getting healthier!!

I've lurked here on Disboards for a couple of years but obviously don't post very much. I post so little that I still can't send PM's so I'm going to have to share my weight and goal with all of you. Hopefully this will help me stick to it!

W/I for 1/1: 207
Goal loss for the month: 5 lbs

Really looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you this year! Hope we all have a happier and healthier new year!

My Woo Hoo Moment for the day is that I've started measuring all of my portions! This is a big step for me!
XrayChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #36
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

I am *in!* PM sent, I'm on board. Happy New Year, everyone!

Quote:
I'm Liz, 41, married mom to two beautiful daughters (Anna is 9 and in 4th grade, and Tessa is 6 and in 1st grade). DH and I celebrated our tenth anniversary on November 15th. I work two jobs and love reading, movies, and traveling (this sounds like a singles ad now).

I have struggled with my weight since high school, always one of those girls about whom people said, "oh, she has such a pretty face" (euphemism for "she's overweight"). I was always a good 30 pounds over the top of a healthy range for me.

I joined WW a few times, and it finally took for me in 2001, when I got to my ultimate goal weight. I stayed there through our wedding in 2003, and then I got pregnant. I gained 80 pounds with Anna (!!), lost just about all of it, and then gained 60 with Tessa (!!). I lost all but 25 of that. In 2012 I decided I'd had enough. I signed on to the challenge here, doubled down with WW, and got back to goal.

Around Memorial Day of 2012, I started a Couch to 5K program, sure I'd hate it but wanting to try a truly "portable" exercise. I got *hooked.* I ran my first 10K that August, my first 10-miler (Tower of Terror) that September, and my first half (the Donald) in January 2013. I ran 6 half marathons and a few 5Ks in 2013, and I'm a week away from the Dopey Challenge at WDW, which will be my first (and last) full marathon. I think full marathon training is part of what's thrown me off my food game this fall - I've found ten pounds that I swore I'd never put back on, and I'm bound and determined to get rid of them all by April 1st (major college reunion-like function the first weekend in April and a WDW vacation over spring break!).

Quote:
My Woo Hoo Wednesday is the 4 miles I ran this morning despite a mild hangover. It was the best cure and really shook the cobwebs out, even though I *really* didn't want to go at first! Now DH and I are off to a couple of New Year's parties (food alert! food alert!) - DDs are still at MIL's, probably having too many Happy Meals and too much Sonic. But that's what weeks at Grandma's are for.

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #37
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone

I'm Helen. I started these challenges in Jan 13 as I had decided that I didn't want to be fat and 50!!! I managed to lose 71lb in 2013, and according to the BMI chart I am no longer obese, just overweight!!!!!

I will make it to target in 2014....if only I could decide what target actually is!! I originally started out aiming for a dress size, not a specific weight, but I'm now at that dress size and feel I want to lose more...possibly another 18lbs. I follow the Slimming World programme (similar principles to WW, but totally different diet regime). It's clearly worked for me.

Thanks to encouragement from others on here, I too have taken up running. 5K in the park every Saturday morning with around 300 other people, then 5k at the gym twice a week too, with the occasional zumba class thrown in!!

Woohoo Wednesday...well, I've made soup to see me and OH for lunches to the end of the week, and have taken down all of the decorations and put them in the attic until December comes around again. Just off to pack my gym bag as I'm going straight from work tomorrow.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #38
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayChicken View Post
Hi! My name is Kami
I absolutely MUST know the story behind your username

I'm late but I'd like to jump in! I didn't think to weigh myself this morning but I will tomorrow. I didn't make it on the boards let alone join the dec challenge...the holidays really took a toll on my physically and I was exhausted with a capital E pretty much the entire month. I was determined to continue the holiday traditions..but wow it was rough.

Hi, I'm Molli and I'm privileged to be the co-mod of the WISH forum. I this board and the people here. a big hearty to some returning folks and a hearty to our newcomers!! so good to see familiar and new 'faces" !!

2013 was a difficult year for me health-wise and I'm in a better place now, but still riding the roller coaster of my new normal. I have Addison's disease as a result of having my adrenal glands removed for persistent Cushing's disease. while I had cushings I gained 55 lbs from the excess natural steroid present in my body, and in 2013 I was able to lose 25 lbs. I'm not able to exercise as much as most of you here; but when my energy budget allows I do what I'm able. I have lost all my strength over the past 3 years due to steroid myopathy and growth hormone deficiency..so exercising is frustrating for me b/c I do not get stronger but I know it's important in other ways so I plug on....

I did not exercise or step on the scale in December...bad ohMom. BUT -- my woo hoo that I'm claiming is that I did go down another size in my jeans!! I truly have NO idea what the scale will say tomorrow, but I gotta face it and move forward.

my goals for 2014 -- reach my goal weight by 10/11/14, which will be two year anniversary of my adrenal surgery; I hope to be able to shave some time of my powerwalking pace this year too. Continue to progress in less processed, more natural foods and GF as much as possible. gluten really flares up my IBS. and most importantly I really do not want to have ANY surgery this year!!! LOL

thanks to our hostess and coaches!!!! i'll check my calendar for the available dates still needing a coach

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #39
bryana
Mouseketeer

Hello all!

After having a successful September and October on the WISH, I became way too busy with work to participate actively during the last two months, but i am back! I found about 5 pounds over the last couple of weeks, and am ready to get them off and continue my weight loss journey.

My name is Bryana, and I'm 24. I work full time in the shipping department for KNEX and I absolutely adore it. DBF and I are coming up on our 4 year anniversary in a couple of days and have 2 fur babies, a 4 year old grey tuxedo named Kitters and a 5 month old calico tabby that I just call Bub. I too am a runner and will be doing the glass slipper challenge next month (!!!) at WDW. In 2013, I ran my first (and second!) half marathon. In 2014, I'm strongly debating doing a full marathon but I'm really kind of awful at training so I worry about committing to it, lol. I am going to set my goal a little low this month to ease back into things but I feel good about getting back into the swing of things on here again.

Woo Hoo Wednesday: I kicked off the year with getting a good, solid 3 miles in this morning outside before the snow storm tomorrow. It was the first time I've been able to run outside since I ran on thanksgiving and it felt great not being on the treadmill!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #40
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year!

I am sorry that I did not get to post the end results for December yet - and now I am off to 6 days in Paris. So it will be a while, but I promise that you will get them!

I will be back to sign up for January when I am back from the city with the wonderful food - I am afraid of the unpleasant number that I will have to report then...

See you all soon!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #41
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post

Hey Jill, I have thought of you too and wondered about your guys and school/work too.

Here is to a brand New Year everyone and new beginnings.
Work is about the same and, come to think of it, so are my kids lol. Other than getting a year older, not much is different here. Are you still teaching and running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
Hello! I rarely post anymore but I am still around and I am in for January. I managed to end the year with a small loss for the holiday season but I also ended the year +3 so I need to get back on track. We moved from Colorado to northern CA and my weight definitely suffered.

I am starting the year off with the Tinker Bell and Princess Half marathons. So I would like to lose 4.8 by Princess. It is good to see so many of you again and I promise to try to stay out of lurkdom!
Hi Lisa and welcome back

Quote:

This is a friendly reminder that tomorrow you need to PM me your starting weight and goal if you haven't already.

I'll be back tomorrow with my
Hello I am Jill, 37 years old, married, and have DS10 and DS7. I am a History and special education teacher at an alternative education program. I just looked back through my PMs and I started here with the original BL threads in Sept of 2011! I have pretty much maintained my current weight all of 2013. I don't have much to lose, but I'd really LIKE to lose 5-10 more pounds and maintain without starving myself and having to workout all the time! I guess what I am saying is that if I could maintain my exact weight minus 0.6 pounds in 2013, I'd love to maintain about 5-10 pounds less without struggling to stay there. Anyhoo...I love working out and like to try new activities but struggle with eating too many sweets. I'm hoping to find more of a balance in 2014.

Woo Hoo Wednesday~I have made 2014 the year of ME! I have always wanted to run a half marathon and this will be the year. I walked a half in 2013, but really enjoy running, so I am planning to get back into it. I wish I could afford a WDW race, but I'm thinking 2014 isn't the year. So I am shooting for Princess 1/2 in 2015. So, for 2014 I am deciding between the Akron 1/2 (OH), the Air Force 1/2 (OH), or the Wineglass 1/2 (NY). They are all in the fall so I have more time to train. I am also joining a new gym and trying to add more 5ks in my schedule.

Quote:

Goals for 2014:
lose the last 45 pounds by 12/31/14
Hit the gym 5 times a week
do something nice for myself once a week
Great goals Buffy! It's so nice to take care of and treat yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
hello ladies i am on the slow real slow weight loss program........... last year i managed to loose and keep off 7.4lbs.......... but i will see that as a victory.......
Welcome! A loss is a loss~Here's to hoping 2014 treats you well!

Quote:
Woohoo Wednesday!
Telling my hubby we needed to register everyone for the 5K and book airfare. He snorted at me and I told him to bite it, we are going to WDW.
You tell him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

I am lovetoscrap/LTS/Scrappy-- most just call me LTS, it helps prevent that pesky mix up with the positioning of the "s".

Oh yes, that tricky "s" Even though I know your name, I sometimes still read it wrong and

It is the first day of the brand new year-- everyone have a GREAT on plan day!
Thanks! I hope you did, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayChicken View Post
My Woo Hoo Moment for the day is that I've started measuring all of my portions! This is a big step for me!
That is a huge step and so, so important in my opinion. Sounds like you're off to a great start. I, too, would love to know the background of XrayChicken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone and a Happy New Year!

I am sorry that I did not get to post the end results for December yet - and now I am off to 6 days in Paris. So it will be a while, but I promise that you will get them!

I will be back to sign up for January when I am back from the city with the wonderful food - I am afraid of the unpleasant number that I will have to report then...

See you all soon!
Omgsh! Have a great time in PARIS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am off to a good start since I am checking in

I have had a wonderful 12 days off, but alas, all good things must come to an end and I go back to work tomorrow. My own kids are in a different district and they don't go back until Monday, those lucky ducks. We have a winter weather advisory for tonight into Friday and a wind chill warning for tomorrow into Friday If the wind chill is as bad as they are saying (feeling like -10 to -15), we will probably have a 2 hour delay Friday (which I won't complain about ).

The plan for today included going to the gym and getting all registered and paid for a new membership, but I did some online training while the kids were at the in laws, then we shoveled snow at home and at my mom's, and went to the in laws for dinner. I guess I will pack a bag and go tomorrow right after work.

I am going to get going to get organized for tomorrow and get ready for bedtime. Have a great night!

Jill
Old 01-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #42
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

I am back! Been a long time since I last joined you all! Looks like Feb 3013 was the last Challenge I signed up for but wasn't able to stick around for long. I am hoping to be around longer this time and enjoy the company and support of friends old and new.

I am currently at the lowest weight I have been in as long as I can remember (probably at least 13 years) but I do have a ways to go as you can see from my tickers.
So good to see how well you have been doing! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
2013 was not kind to me, but I learned a lot and I am feeling good and back on track. Apparently, I went through menopause this year. Believe it or not it was kind of a shock. My biggest and worst symptom--ridiculously and over the top moody. Think your worst day of the month every single day. I didn't want to be around people, didn't want to talk to anyone, cried way too much, and felt like I was going through the motions and faking it every single day. And my eating was HORRID! Anyhow, the last six weeks or so I have been starting to feel like myself again, so hoping for a great 2014!
So happy to hear that you are doing better now, and yes 2014 will be awesome

Quote:
Hi! I'm Amanda, 32, with two great kids and an amazing soon-to-be DH! Wedding date is March 17th so it is fast approaching. I am a social worker for the state, I love my job in theory but in practice it can be crazy stressful and time-consuming. Oh well, just keep swimming! I have always struggled with my weight and I imagine I always will in some form. But I think I have made amazing strides in putting my health first... I exercise regularly now! That is huge for me! So my goal for this year is to put my health first, physical and emotional.

Myt woohoo for today is that even though the Y was closed for New Years Day, I still did something today, even if it was only 10 mins of exercises on my "well girl" challenge

Quote:
I'm Buffy, aka BAMB. I'm the co-moderator of the Creative Community here on the DIS. NeverAHM of 4. Married 20 years to my wonderful DH.
I turned 40 this year and have decided it is the year of the Mom. The kids are older now and more self sufficient. It's time to take care of myself for a change.
I've done so many BL challenges I've lost count. I tend to fall of the posting wagons depending on what sports season it is, but my peeps welcome me back with open arms every time I come blazing through.

Goals for 2014:
lose the last 45 pounds by 12/31/14
Hit the gym 5 times a week
do something nice for myself once a week
Great idea! Year of the Mom.... Brilliant! And I love your goals too

Well here I am again! Happy to be here! I did pretty well over the holidays, except maybe the last week. I didn't quite make my goal this month, I ended 2 lbs heavier than I had planned, but I still ended 2013 down by 37 lbs overall (lost almost that much early in 2013, found it, and lost it again in the past 3 months) so I am happy! Also, I am now tied with the lowest weight I have been at since 2010, I was also at this weight when we took our first Disneyland trip in July 2012. My goal had been to beat that weight but I am satisfied with what I have acheived (so far) I really have to lose another 12 lbs in order to fit into my wedding dress (without major alterations) but I am positive I can do that! I am hoping to lose 30 lbs total before the wedding, not positive but I am hopeful about that number... So here's to an amazing and healthful 2014!

Thanks for hotessing Lisa! And I would be happy to host February!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #43
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Hi! I am Fran. I am 47 and have three sons. Two are in college and (knock on wood) are doing great. My youngest son now gets to be an only child at home. He says there are pros and cons to this! I have been married to my wonderful husband for 23 years.

I "think" I have participated in the BL thread for 2 years. I have lost weight on here ... then put it back on ... then lose it. BLAH! I want to make a change this year and keep it off.

I am a teacher and will also be heading back to school tomorrow.

Hey Jill, I am still teaching. Work has been hectic this year. A fellow teacher retired last year and they didn't replace her.

I was running and completed the Tower of Terror in October. I loved it. (I could really get hooked on Disney races.) Unfortunately, after the race, I quit running. I just signed up for the Pittsburgh 1/2 marathon. I think I need a race to keep me focused.

One of these days I am going to meet you in person at a race around here! LOL
Old 01-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #44
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Hi!

My name is Stacey and I am a yo-yo weight loser. I vowed in 2010 that each year of my 20s I was going to do something awesome. Every year, I think that awesome thing is going to be finally losing the weight I've been dreaming about and becoming a happier, healthier me... and each year it gets pushed away when something else comes along.

Last year started off well - I lost 20 pounds in the first 6 months of 2013 doing Weight Watchers and felt totally ready to keep going to my goal... I then proceeded to go on an 80 day road trip around the country to visit 48 states... Needless to say, between the hours in the car and the foods that I just "had to taste because when I was ever going to come back to (insert random place here)," I gained every pound back... and then some. Funny how it took me 6 months to lose it, and only 3 to gain it back

Anyway, this year is the Year of the Horse! I was born in the Year of the Horse - so I'm convinced that this is the year that it is going to come off, and stay off. I just finished reading Secrets of a Former Fat Girl and I'm really really ready! Biggest tip I learned from it was to get a support system of strangers that won't ask you if that chocolate cake is "part of your diet" the way my friends do. =P SO, here I am!

I've been a runner (or a Jeff Galloway walk/runner) in the past, but running was always about the mileage or the timing for me, and I found I rarely lost weight with it. I love running a lot, and I do miss it - I actually did the Tower of Terror 10 miler in 2012 and a 5k the year before that. (Side note - did anyone on here do the ToT in 2012 and then again in 2013? I'm curious if the weather was less horrible and if they changed the route so that you weren't running on banked highway ramps?)

But, this year, I'm starting out with Power 90 (the lesser known, less crazy prologue to P90x) in hopes of finding a healthier me so that when I start running again, it is for the joy of running - of making that PR and finishing that race - and not about the worry of what the scale will say at the end of the week. I'm convinced that if I can make exercise a habit this year, instead of a chore, I can be healthy again.

So - my goal for 2014 - to get to the "normal" BMI range! Since you guys all seem so great and supportive, my other goal is to stick with the WATP boards all year long, so that I get a chance to be in "maintenance" which is something I've never been in before!

I'm very excited! They say January 17th is when people give up their New Year's resolutions so good thing we all have a weigh-in that day!

Sending good vibes out to everyone and excited to e-meet you all!

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #45
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Hi! I used to be so focused and love to journal my food etc but last year really stunk. I did ok just not losing like I want. I'm sure it's harder as I get older (42). I have 2 young boys so that of course keeps me busy. The last 2 weeks of the holidays was killer on me and I've gained 8 lbs since thanksgiving I'm hoping some of that is high sodium and water retention.

I haven't been on my treadmill in over a month and I feel cruddy!

I'm going to get back focused with some journaling and maybe a few smoothies in the vitamix to do a little cleanse. I can't do full cleanse - I get angry w/o chewing my food for a couple days . Definitely make time to get back on the treadmill and running.

I have a family vacation in June so need to get in shape!
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: