Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #61
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2munchkins View Post
I'm in. Love reading about your fairy tale and pretending I'm at Disney
Thanks so much for joining along! Glad to have you aboard!
JenSop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #62
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen, following along but have just read page 1 so far. I've read some of your past reports and just noticed this one today.

Kidani is our home resort and we love it there, but I've walked down that hallway where your room was and thought that I wouldn't want to have a room way out there. I'm guessing that your room faced the Pembe savanna rather than Sunset?

Good to hear that Milos is enjoying Disney on his first day (like I said, I'm still behind in your writing) and can't wait to get to the part where he realizes that a 5-day visit is not enough.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #63
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The crooked tree of Epcot. LOL. I do not know why they did not straighten it out.
The green tea ice cream sounds good.
Sorry but I am one of those negative reviewers. I find the place just overrated and for the credits or price just not worth it. I do love the soup and last time I tried the fries and had 2 and could not eat anymore as I did not like them. If I spend that much I want good food and it just seems it went downhill when they made it 2 credits for lunch. Glad you enjoy it. That soup is incredible but I make it at home now.
The Horchata sounds good.
All caught up again. Great updates and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #64
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hi Jen, following along but have just read page 1 so far. I've read some of your past reports and just noticed this one today.

Kidani is our home resort and we love it there, but I've walked down that hallway where your room was and thought that I wouldn't want to have a room way out there. I'm guessing that your room faced the Pembe savanna rather than Sunset?

Good to hear that Milos is enjoying Disney on his first day (like I said, I'm still behind in your writing) and can't wait to get to the part where he realizes that a 5-day visit is not enough.
Thanks for following along! Happy to have you onboard!

Our room actually did face the Sunset savannah, which I was glad for - it's my favorite.

And yes, Milos DID come to that realization! Haha!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #65
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
The crooked tree of Epcot. LOL. I do not know why they did not straighten it out.
The green tea ice cream sounds good.
Sorry but I am one of those negative reviewers. I find the place just overrated and for the credits or price just not worth it. I do love the soup and last time I tried the fries and had 2 and could not eat anymore as I did not like them. If I spend that much I want good food and it just seems it went downhill when they made it 2 credits for lunch. Glad you enjoy it. That soup is incredible but I make it at home now.
The Horchata sounds good.
All caught up again. Great updates and pics.
Haha! I have to say that I didn't even notice it was crooked! Maybe it's now become a tradition, so they don't even want to straighten it out.

Sorry that you haven't had as good experiences at Le Cellier! We can all only speak from our own experiences, and mine have been great. Fortunately for all of us, there are LOTS of great food places to choose from down in WDW!

And yes, the horchata is EXCELLENT!
Old 05-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #66
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Day Four - conclusion!

Day Four - conclusion!

After getting my Horchata, I was feeling great! We killed a little more time around World Showcase, then headed, against my better judgement might I add, to Mission Space.

Okay, I went on Mission Space Orange years ago. And almost died. Like I literally almost passed out. (I've fainted a few times in my life, so I am quite familiar with that sensation.)

But I thought, heck, it's been awhile. I know what to expect. Maybe I can take it this time! Let's try!

SO I decided to do it. I was going to try Orange again. After I swore I never would.

dun dun DUN! (cue the dramatic music)

Okay, so here's my scared face as we waited to go in...

Milos reminded me that I could change my mind and go through without riding. But I wanted to give it another shot!

I made sure to breathe as those initial G-forces started kicking in on take off. Just breathe. Look forward. Look forward and breathe. Don't turn your head. Just keep breathing.

Let me say that I LOVE roller coasters! I love thrill rides. But clearly I was not meant to be an astronaut, because I just can't take the G-forces.

This is me after the ride.....

It was not good. Not good, people.

So after I had to sit there for awhile, we finally started walking through World Showcase. Destination: DHS (Disney Hollywood Studios for my non DIS peeps.)

I thought first about taking the boat, but wanted Milos to see the area around Boardwalk. I thought we could just catch the boat there. But then I was like, you know, why don't we just walk to DHS? So we did. It took slightly longer than I thought, but we were together having fun, so no biggie!

Our goal was to see the Osborne lights, of course. So we went and got some popcorn and Cokes and headed over to the light show.

Holy cow! Talk about insane Christmas lights. Like so many things, you really do have to see it to believe it.

Cont......

Last edited by JenSop; 05-04-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #67
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Awww, Jen! You looked so sad! There's NO WAY I would ever go on Mission:Space (I don't even like regular roller coasters). I sat outside and waited while Dan went on last time. If we see each other this November, Dan and Milos can ride it together, and we'll go have a glass of wine
Old 05-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #68
JenSop
DIS Veteran

cont....

Once we took in the spectacle of crazy lights, we headed over to the ToT/RnRC area. Our goal was to just ride them a bunch of times over and over! Yeah!

We did Tower of Terror twice!

We did Rockin Roller Coaster twice!

THen we got in line for Tower of Terror ONE more time before closing. We made it in just in time.

And guess what?......

We got the last elevator of the night - ALL TO OURSELVES!

So yeah, it was a bit creepy I must admit. For all the many many times I've ridden this ride, with no fear whatsoever, suddenly it was a little bit scary!

But that wasn't the only scary part.

You see, ever since that ride on Mission Space Orange, I never felt 100% back to normal. Then add a whole bunch of rides in a row on RnRC and ToT....

Well, I was suddenly totally attacked with my motion sickness. I felt so horrible.

We actually couldn't even get on the bus back to the resort. We went into the bus, and then got back out, because I was kind of afraid that I would puke all over the place if it started driving.

We decided to wait to the next bus. Of course, I guess we were the last two people at DHS that night who were going back to AKL/AKV. The security people came up to us and had to call a bus to get us to take us back.

I just made it to the resort - still feeling horrible.

Even the elevator ride up to our floor triggered a feeling of maybe needing to puke. But I didn't. I just hovered there. That terrible motion sickness place of feeling like you're on the edge of puking, but you never do. It sucks.

After relaxing back in the room a little, I started to feel better.

And that is where we end Day Four! (Some trip details are inappropriate for the DIS...)

Next up - our last day! (So sad!)

Stay tuned!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #69
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Awww, Jen! You looked so sad! There's NO WAY I would ever go on Mission:Space (I don't even like regular roller coasters). I sat outside and waited while Dan went on last time. If we see each other this November, Dan and Milos can ride it together, and we'll go have a glass of wine

Alas, if the only feeling I had at that moment was sadness, it would have been a good thing.

Yeah, we'll let the guys ride that. We can head over to Mexico for some yummy drinks....

Usually I never have motion sickness issues at Disney. Besides Mission Space Orange, the only ride I couldn't handle was the old Body Wars ride. I rode that as a kid and I DID throw up. (That would not be on the list of good Disney memories....)
Old 05-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #70
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Okay, I went on Mission Space Orange years ago. And almost died. Like I literally almost passed out. (I've fainted a few times in my life, so I am quite familiar with that sensation.)

But I thought, heck, it's been awhile. I know what to expect. Maybe I can take it this time! Let's try!

SO I decided to do it. I was going to try Orange again. After I swore I never would.

dun dun DUN! (cue the dramatic music)

This is me after the ride.....
And that is why I go on the green side of Mission Space!! I had to skip an ADR at Morocco one night after a trip to the orange side!

But I must say, you recovered quite nicely!!
Quote:

And then you went on RnR TWICE and ToT THRICE?!?!

Hmmm....

I've never seen nor heard of this happening...
Quote:
We got the last elevator of the night - ALL TO OURSELVES!

So glad you started feeling better though!

Great TR update!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #71
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your ride on Mission Space Orange and then not feeling too well later, trying to return to AKL. My wife had the same reaction to MS Orange. We told her it was just like the Green side, just more "intense", like they advertise, and we thought that she could handle it no problem. Wrong. The spinning was just too much for her and she had to sit for about a half-hour afterward. Okay, so now we know!

Hey, since you're living in Vienna now, if I may be so bold, I'm attaching a link to a pre-trip report I wrote back in 2009. That may seem odd, but wait -- there are chapter links in the first post and I thought you might like some chapters in it (6-18) which recount a European trip we took back in 2006. (I posted them when I was killing time in between Disney trip planning stuff.) I thought you might like the Vienna chapters in particular (10-18). Living there, I'm sure you've seen a lot of these sights! You must go to Gasthaus Ubl, one of my favorite meals of the trip.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #72
Teetah
Joining in the fun!

Joining in! Loving your TR!

I'm so sorry you got sick...twice!! No fair! But it seems you had a great time otherwise and hopefully we find out you created another Disney addict! Hope your last day was wonderful!

***MY FIRST EVER PTR In Progress: 2014 F&W FANTASIES***
May 2009: Pop Century with the WHOLE FAM!
May 2012: Day trip to MK with The Hubs!

Teetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #73
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
And that is why I go on the green side of Mission Space!! I had to skip an ADR at Morocco one night after a trip to the orange side!

But I must say, you recovered quite nicely!!

And then you went on RnR TWICE and ToT THRICE?!?!

Hmmm....

I've never seen nor heard of this happening...

So glad you started feeling better though!

Great TR update!!

Let's just say that I will never ever ever need a "reminder" of why I cannot do Mission Space Orange. Never. Ever.

Hahaha! I guess I just needed that "real life lesson" to make it really hit home. From now on I wait in the waiting area while Milos rides!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #74
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Sorry about your ride on Mission Space Orange and then not feeling too well later, trying to return to AKL. My wife had the same reaction to MS Orange. We told her it was just like the Green side, just more "intense", like they advertise, and we thought that she could handle it no problem. Wrong. The spinning was just too much for her and she had to sit for about a half-hour afterward. Okay, so now we know!

Hey, since you're living in Vienna now, if I may be so bold, I'm attaching a link to a pre-trip report I wrote back in 2009. That may seem odd, but wait -- there are chapter links in the first post and I thought you might like some chapters in it (6-18) which recount a European trip we took back in 2006. (I posted them when I was killing time in between Disney trip planning stuff.) I thought you might like the Vienna chapters in particular (10-18). Living there, I'm sure you've seen a lot of these sights! You must go to Gasthaus Ubl, one of my favorite meals of the trip.
You know it's really funny how people with motion sickness just really feel things differently. Milos literally doesn't feel much of anything on Mission Space Orange. Even though he is sympathetic, he just doesn't know what it really feels like to me when I ride it. And how it makes me feel like blacking out and puking. So I completely understand when some people say that it's just a little more intense than the Green side. Because that's also how he feels it.

Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to check it out! Vienna is great - it's a really wonderful city!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #75
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetah View Post
Joining in! Loving your TR!

I'm so sorry you got sick...twice!! No fair! But it seems you had a great time otherwise and hopefully we find out you created another Disney addict! Hope your last day was wonderful!

Thanks for joining in! Glad to have you along for the ride!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: