Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #31
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspoppins14 View Post
Thanks JenSop!! We are so excited! I have been once before, but I was 5 so I wasn't part of any planning but I sure remember the magic!! My boyfriend has never been, but he's starting to love Disney just as much as me.

Question for you--did you use or have you used photopass (now memory maker)? I can't decide if it's worth the $150 price tag.

How exciting! My boyfriend is totally won over now and loves Disney World too. (So glad!) You will have such a great, magical time!

As to the new photopass.... I have mixed opinions on it, and depending on how it evolves, I could change my mind again....

If you'd be going with a larger group, I'd say absolutely yes. People can split the cost and have pics from everybody even when your group splits apart - all your pics could be combined for everyone to enjoy them. Even if someone had one of those relatives who never posts pics anyway. (I hate when people do that, that's why I like to be the one taking the pics - I know that I'm going to be sure to get them posted.)

But for just two people, I'm more inclined just to give the Photopass person my iPhone or camera and have them snap a pic for me. It's quicker too, as you're not doing some of those special posed pics with the graphics they add in. Don't get me wrong, those can be fun, but sometimes you just want to get your photo and move it along.

Hope that helps!
JenSop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #32
mspoppins14
Earning My Ears

It definitely helps, thanks!! You made a great point. I see a lot of people ask the photogs to use their own camera instead of the Disney cameras, so I no longer feel funny about it
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #33
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Day Three!

DAY THREE!

Hey there, dear readers!

Welcome to Day Three!

By the time we got up, it was time to grab some lunch!

I wanted Milos to see Jambo House - and it's grandiosity - so we headed over there to grab lunch at Mara.

(For those of my readers who are not as Disney-savvy, there are two buildings at the Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas: Jambo House and Kidani Village. We were staying in Kidani, so we just had to walk to the next building.)

First, I must simply share the awesome Christmas tree in the Jambo House lobby!

The food at Mara was excellent as usual. Here's my yummy plate!

But there really wasn't time to linger. Our FP+ time for Toy Story was from 12-1pm. We got to DHS (Disney's Hollywood Studios) about 4 minutes before 1pm. It was time to make the crazy mad dash to the back of the park to get on the ride!

We got there at 1:01pm. Luckily, they still let us through and we were ready to compete!

(Remember, I told Milos NOTHING about any of the rides. Everything was a total surprise!)

Going through the queue...

Almost time to ride, 3D glasses at the ready...

I am happy to report that my excellent aim resulted in me kicking Milos' butt! Although the scores weren't terribly far apart. (Well, if you can call 30% excellent aim... )

After we were done riding, we still had a bit of time before our Tower of Terror FP+ time (which was 1:50-2:50pm.)

Fortunately, Milos is also a sci fi fan like myself, so we definitely needed to ride Star Tours. We headed over there and grabbed some pics along the way.

First a pic in front of my dream bottle of Coke.... mmmmm.... Coke....

Hey, it's NYC in Florida!

When we got to Star Tours, there was a bit of a wait in Stand-by, but not too horribly bad. And once we got to the inside queue, it was moving along quite nicely, and Milos was snapping pics left and right of all the Star Wars stuff.....

The only part I told him about the ride is that there are many different combinations, so every time you ride, it's a bit different. We had a great ride. So many times I've gotten the pod racer segment, but this time we got Hoth and Naboo. Nice change of pace!

We then had some fun in the gift shop....

Once leaving there, we meandered our way over to Tower of Terror - no hurry - just taking our time and taking in the sites. Letting Milos really see some of the details of the park.

Fancy car...

Tower of Terror is in my top 10 rides at Disney. Holy cow, I LOVE this ride.

Now, here's a bit of back story....
Ages ago, Milos had told me he did not like free-fall rides. But I didn't want to risk him saying he didn't want to ride because of it being a free-fall. So I just kept it a mystery. I just figured, worst case scenario was that he wouldn't want to ride it again. But I had to try!

Well, he was SHOCKED on the first drop! Totally taken by surprise! It was so great! In hindsight, we said that we should have bought that ride photo, 'cause his face was priceless. PRICELESS! Our pic of the screen was not the clearest. (Darn it, darn it, darn it!) Alas, you can't see the awesome hilariousness of his facial expression.... (We're all the way up there in the top right.)

Our FP+ time for Rockin' Rollercoaster was between 3-4pm, and it was still a bit early, so we got in the stand-by line to ride it that way first before using our FP+ time.

While waiting in line, we chatted with some people who were in line behind us. We were all talking about favorite rides and stuff. That's when they mentioned Mission Space.

Ummmmm.... I don't really like Mission Space. I suffer from pretty bad motion sickness, but usually rides at Disney don't exacerbate it. (When I go to other amusement parks though, I have to take Dramamine in order to ride the rides and not get sick.) Several years ago I went on Mission Space Orange and thought I would die - like, literally DIE. I almost blacked out. Spinning is what really does me in. Anyway... as a result, I don't even THINK of Mission Space when I think of rides at Disney. It's no longer on my radar.

So of course Milos was all intrigued and wanted to experience this other thrill ride that I had not told him about. ugh.... more of that later....

Anyhow - back to the ride at hand, Rockin' Roller Coaster!!!!

I love this ride, and so did Milos! (He loves classic rock, so you can't go wrong riding an awesome roller coaster with Aerosmith blasting in your ears!)

And yay for two times in a row!

First time:

Second time:

Man I just LOVE that blast-off at full speed! TOTAL adrenaline rush!

So, what do you think we did after that? Back to Tower of Terror, of course!

(Because I'm a dork, I always try to think of new poses to strike for the ride cameras....)

After that, it was time to start heading out so we could get ready for dinner. (Although we first got a photo taken with the sorcerer's hat, and used some snack credits on popcorn. The smell finally got to us, and we HAD to have some popcorn! Curse you, you Disney geniuses for flooding the parks with amazing smells that make us hungry!)

......cont......
Old 01-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #34
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #35
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks wiigirl! Sometimes people tease about how many pics I take, but it's the best way to go back and relive the moments all over again!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #36
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Good scores on TSM.
The Yoda Santa is cute.
great update and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #37
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Good scores on TSM.
The Yoda Santa is cute.
great update and pics.

Thanks Scott! I loved that Yoda Santa!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #38
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Sorry everyone! I know I've been horrible with updates, but I do promise to get to it super soon!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #39
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Day Three!

DAY THREE CONTINUED!!!

Alrighty, let's continue on with this!

After we left DHS for the afternoon, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. That night - Kona Cafe at the Polynesian! I'm a big fan of this restaurant, and I had to have my Lapu Lapu! I also was excited for Milos to see the Polynesian as well. It's such a beautiful resort!

However, we ran into a little issue that I think is more something that the women out there can understand....

You see, it suddenly got really cool that day... in that I was actually quite chilly even with my hoodie on. But when I packed, I wasn't thinking it would be cool, so I packed a bunch of pretty sundresses. My only pair of jeans were my light wash jeans with tons of shredded holes in them. Super casual. As to Milos, he's a light packer and was out of tee shirts. He only had his black button down shirt. But it was truly too cold to wear my cute little sundress. (We were gonna be doing MK EMH that night after dinner.)

So there I was, in my ripped jeans, looking insanely casual - almost sloppy, and there was Milos looking all sharp and classy in a black button down shirt and nice jeans. Lesson learned. Pack at least one outfit for cool weather just in case. One that can work for a nice dinner.

Anyway, off to Kona Cafe!

We didn't have long to wait for our table, and our server seemed super nice right from the start.

Lapu Lapu Time!

One of my fave drinks at Disney! But it's super strong, so be warned!

Our dinner was excellent.

We started with a shrimp app:

It was great!

Next up, our entrees...

Milos loved his steak:

And I got the scallops - also yummy!

Of course, I can't forget to mention the bread here. It's a bit sweet and they bring it baked fresh to your table. And the delicious butter. Seriously, so so SO delicious!

For dessert, I got the banana creme brulee...

And Milos got the chocolate lava cake....

Milos did not have words for how much he loved his lava cake....

He really really really loved that chocolate lava cake. He would go on to talk about that lava cake for weeks after.

After dinner was over, we walked around the Poly for just a little. I love this resort and wanted him to see how lovely it was. (Plus, since they're building DVC there, perhaps we can look forward to a future stay there together.)

When we were all done strolling, it was time to head over to Magic Kingdom. It was an EMH night and I was extremely excited to see the castle with the icicle lights on it for the first time!!!

Ah - that feeling you get when you enter the Magic Kingdom, and walk to the middle of Main Street to get your first glimpse of the castle.... it never gets old. It's always magic. Every. Single. Time.

And the lights? Wow - photos just don't do it justice!

Just beautiful, gorgeous, spectacular, breath-taking - all those kinds of adjectives over and over!

Now this was finally Milos' first visit to the Magic Kingdom. There was so much I wanted to show him. So much I wanted him to experience!

We definitely got on Pirates, and climbed through the Swiss Family Treehouse, all before the fireworks.

A view from Swiss Family Three House...

Post-Pirates....

For the fireworks, we found a spot not too far from the Crystal Palace. And then it was time for more Disney magic!

cont....
Old 02-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #40
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

omg that butter at Kona is ridiculous! I could eat it with a spoon!

Great update! I can't wait to go back! 9 months from now... ugh... it's gonna be a long wait lol
Old 02-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #41
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
omg that butter at Kona is ridiculous! I could eat it with a spoon!

Great update! I can't wait to go back! 9 months from now... ugh... it's gonna be a long wait lol

I hear ya! I think I could eat an entire loaf of that bread and butter just by myself!

I don't know if getting back this year will be in the cards for us - we'll have to wait and see/assess the money sitch. If not this year, next year for sure!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #42
scottny
You better have crackers

Ooh a Lapu lapu. YUM!
The bread is the best there. Unfortunately I could not eat it last time 
Fun night.
Great update and pics.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #43
kellea04
Earning My Ears

Fab, can't wait for more
Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #44
scottny
You better have crackers

Old 03-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #45
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Ooh a Lapu lapu. YUM!
The bread is the best there. Unfortunately I could not eat it last time 
Fun night.
Great update and pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellea04 View Post
Fab, can't wait for more

Thanks guys! Working on a new update now! :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: