Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Autograph books?

I see the designs for the covers of them, what is the process of putting them together and making them?
Lisamarie4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
lizabu
DIS Veteran

It probably depends how you want them to look. I have helped my kids make books for school by uploading pages to Staples copy and print. You can choose heavier papers or glossy pages if you like. For an autograph book regular paper inside is good. For the cover you can choose card stock. They even have glossy card stock. You can even request they fold it and staple it for you. I'm not sure if Staples is also in the US but I'm sure there are copy and print places that do this in the US.

The other option which is easier is to upload the pages to a photobook site. There's a blog called Photobook girl and she has a page with all the companies and their deals and promotions. I have even seen free photo books and very cheap ones being offered.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
goeva
DIS Veteran

I have some blank autograph pages in my Photobucket you can use.
http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/Ke...ary/?start=all
Photobucket Password: DCLfriends

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
I have some blank autograph pages in my Photobucket you can use.
http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/Ke...ary/?start=all
Photobucket Password: DCLfriends

I saw your great covers, which is why I was thinking about making them but just didn't know how too. I will look into staples making one.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
It probably depends how you want them to look. I have helped my kids make books for school by uploading pages to Staples copy and print. You can choose heavier papers or glossy pages if you like. For an autograph book regular paper inside is good. For the cover you can choose card stock. They even have glossy card stock. You can even request they fold it and staple it for you. I'm not sure if Staples is also in the US but I'm sure there are copy and print places that do this in the US.

The other option which is easier is to upload the pages to a photobook site. There's a blog called Photobook girl and she has a page with all the companies and their deals and promotions. I have even seen free photo books and very cheap ones being offered.

Do you make the books full page at staples or can you make them 5X7?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie4400 View Post
Do you make the books full page at staples or can you make them 5X7?
When you use their document printing they have all the standard paper sizes. It auto detects the size when you upload your image. What I do is get some scrap paper and fold it in half and on the front I write cover, on the back I write back and I go through and label what should be on each page. Then when I unfold it I can see the order the pages should be in. Then I go to paint shop and create the file.

The first page will look like this... Back cover - Front cover
The second page...blank - blank (if you don't want writing on the inside front and back covers)
Page 3...last page-title page
Page 4...2nd to last page- blank
Page 5 ....3rd to last page- 1st page
and so on.

With staple document printing it will auto detect the size of your paper. They have all the standard paper sizes...8.5 x 11, 8.5 x14, 8.5 x17, 11 x17

If you want a square book you can use 8.5 x 17 then when you fold it in half it will give you a finished book 8.5 x 8.5

If you want staples to fold it and staple it for you, once you have all your images sorted, flip them all sideways. I've noticed staples will only fold horizontally.

You want to choose 2 sided colour copying. And it's good to choose a heavier paper for the cover.

I've helped the kids make books and magazines for school this way. They're usually ready in a day.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: