Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #46
whitepicketfence
Earning My Ears

When I first got the email regarding pix from our Nov trip, I was a little creeped out but still kind of amazed at the technology. We went down last week with the adult kids so I decided to buy Memory Maker once we were there. Talked with the CM about how amazing the technology was, it found our pix when we didn't have PP, etc. She agreed. Unfortunately, she did not mention to scan band at the rides. Since they had found me when I didn't have PP/MM, I assumed they would find me since I bought in. NO ride photos at all and half our other photos are missing as well. (We did scan a band with the non-ride photos) I am frustrated but hopeful we will be able to eventually get the rest. They want such detailed info regarding time/location/who is in the pix. I need the 20 somethings to help me remember!
whitepicketfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #47
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepicketfence View Post
When I first got the email regarding pix from our Nov trip, I was a little creeped out but still kind of amazed at the technology. We went down last week with the adult kids so I decided to buy Memory Maker once we were there. Talked with the CM about how amazing the technology was, it found our pix when we didn't have PP, etc. She agreed. Unfortunately, she did not mention to scan band at the rides. Since they had found me when I didn't have PP/MM, I assumed they would find me since I bought in. NO ride photos at all and half our other photos are missing as well. (We did scan a band with the non-ride photos) I am frustrated but hopeful we will be able to eventually get the rest. They want such detailed info regarding time/location/who is in the pix. I need the 20 somethings to help me remember!
I always recommend having the photopass CM take a photo on your own camera when they take one on theirs. This doubles the odds one of the shots will be to your liking. And it also gives you something to upload to Disney to show them what they are looking for if they lose the Photopass ones. Additionally, it would enable you to find the time stamped on your own photo to tell them when it was taken. (I recommend adjusting your camera's time to local time when you arrive at Disney, but if you didn't you can figure how how far it was off and get the time it was actually taken).
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #48
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer mom View Post
Okay, so we have been getting our pictures taken on rides without our consent for a long time, but how do they identify each picture and send it to our email address? It our MB somehow scanned as the picture is being taken? My daughter just called me ten minutes ago to tell me that she also received pictures this morning from her trip the week before Thanksgiving. She was totally creeped out as I was when she told me. We are going in February and I was excited to try the MB, but not now. I will be requesting a card to carry. It is just too creepy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbriggsq View Post
My goodness. I just had an email about this which I sent to junk mail, but just went back and checked it and there were several ride photos of me.

I can't understand how they can link the MB I used, even though I didn't use it for all the attractions, to my image. I do find it very uncomfortable and have sent disney an email to that effect.
From the privacy policy:

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #49
CarouselOfProgress4
Mouseketeer

Ses, Thanks for that resource!
CarouselOfProgress4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #50
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post

It has to be more than 10 feet if they can quickly find you in the BOG restaurant.
Not if they use enough readers. The 10 feet is based on the amount of power it can put out.

All the band can do is say they are there, not where they are so having a greater range really doesn't help.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #51
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB

The card will do the same thing, RFID chip.

It has to be more than 10 feet if they can quickly find you in the BOG restaurant.
Actually, it does not have to be more then 10 feet. They just need readers at different points in the restaurant.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #52
SkaGoat
Mouseketeer

the readers are actually probably really short range in BOG, the only way to know which table to deliver the food to is if the reader is in the table, and only has 2 or 3 feet of range.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #53
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

The readers are in the tables.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #54
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
In many circumstances, your images have been sold to OTHER guests who happened to be riding in the same ride vehicle with you for years, too.
I was thinking that looking at my pictures, the people who have ToT pictures with me have to laugh every time they look at them because I look terrified every time, if someone can chuckle at that and it brings a smile to their face I'm ok with that.

I really don't care if Disney tracks me in the parks, my bank already tracks me, my job has surveillance everywhere that tracks me, my phone tracks me... it's par for the course these days.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #55
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Did anyone get a photo sent to their PP from ToT? I rode it twice and didn't get one and a friend said the same thing (different date).
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #56
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Wow I just checked and there was a pic of us on test track! I so wish there were more, it was really cool to see!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #57
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran

Is there anything that blocks the RFID signal?? Aluminum foil perhaps?? Just curious!!
dawgsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #58
jannylynn
Mouseketeer

Well, they aren't overly tracking. I can't get the mugshot of my DD as the rebel spy on Star Tours. I would love that with an overlay. She had on Minnie ears and was wearing a Mickey shirt. Everyone busted up laughing.

So I don't think it is at all creepy.

All Star Music, Family Suite, Dec. 2013!
jannylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #59
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
Is there anything that blocks the RFID signal?? Aluminum foil perhaps?? Just curious!!
Yes if you completely cover the band in foil it will block the signal.

Aluminum foil will also block radio signals if you wear it as a hat. Researchers at MIT tested them.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #60
Mother Gothel
Mouseketeer

Yes I do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: