Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Fastpass+ WATER TORTURE!

The MDE website today is so glitchy and muddled and mistake-riddled that trying to endure the slow, painful, process of fixing my Fastpass+ selections is the internet equivalent of water torture! Or bamboo slivers under the fingernails.

One minute I cannot change our family's Fastpass+ selections because the Fastpass+ system thinks one member of our party --- first me, then my husband -- has "exceeded the number" of allowable selections. (Even tho all our selections have been made as a group of four; no one's selections vary in any way from anyone else's.) So I wait, reboot . . .. try again . . . and then the system thinks everyone except my four year old son has exceeded the limit of allowable passes. Wait . . .sign out, sign in again . . . yeah. Same thing all over again.

I have work to do, MDE, I have to get back to work!
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
smalltowngirl504
Mouseketeer

its not just MDE its reservations too apparently there are 0 rooms available for this fall at WDW

smalltowngirl504 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Blarg! Twelve-minute wait time to get technical help via phone, and no "chat" help available. I guess the system is having a bad day.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
ucfknight
Go Knights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonacker View Post
Blarg! Twelve-minute wait time to get technical help via phone, and no "chat" help available. I guess the system is having a bad day.
This is part of the time "savings" of FP+. You get to trade an hour savings in line at the park for an hour spent with the website/app/phone in the comfort of your own home or office.
ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The MDE website today is so glitchy and muddled and mistake-riddled that trying to endure the slow, painful, process of fixing my Fastpass+ selections is the internet equivalent of water torture! Or bamboo slivers under the fingernails.
So, in other words, its acting normal?

I swear that Disney should be embarrassed of the technical nightmare they have released to the public and effectively are forcing all on site guests to use at this point.
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Hey, hey, no fair......you're not allowed to comment on this system until you've been in the parks and used it!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Heh heh!

I can certainly comment on the TORMENT of trying to make the website work.

And the hours and hours I've invested on the MDE website . . .

Last edited by Bonacker; 01-16-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #8
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:

One minute I cannot change our family's Fastpass+ selections because the Fastpass+ system thinks one member of our party --- first me, then my husband -- has "exceeded the number" of allowable selections. (Even tho all our selections have been made as a group of four; no one's selections vary in any way from anyone else's.) So I wait, reboot . . .. try again . . . and then the system thinks everyone except my four year old son has exceeded the limit of allowable passes. Wait . . .sign out, sign in again . . . yeah. Same thing all over again.

I have work to do, MDE, I have to get back to work!
That is how it is every day.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
matt1979
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever been to the MDE website and not had a problem? My personal favorite glitch that happens to me almost every time I use the site is after using it for a bit...something goes screwy with the dates and when I select a new date the information associated with the date will not load. Even though I've selected a date from our trip...the reservation info displayed is actually for today. The only way to get past it seems to be to close the browser and start again.
matt1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
dwheaton
Mouseketeer

I'm really starting to think that even trying to change FP+ reservations won't be worth the time. We'll set them up and then just hope for the best when we go. If it's going to take that long, it's just easier to go standby and wait for that amount of time.
dwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #11
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1979 View Post
Has anyone ever been to the MDE website and not had a problem? My personal favorite glitch that happens to me almost every time I use the site is after using it for a bit...something goes screwy with the dates and when I select a new date the information associated with the date will not load. Even though I've selected a date from our trip...the reservation info displayed is actually for today. The only way to get past it seems to be to close the browser and start again.
Guess that would be me. It has worked every time, and have several trips now booked with different people. Sorry you all are having a hard time. Know how frustrating that can be. Trust me though, when you get it working, it is amazing.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfknight View Post
This is part of the time "savings" of FP+. You get to trade an hour savings in line at the park for an hour spent with the website/app/phone in the comfort of your own home or office.

Thankfully, I work from home and can set aside a few hours to book my one day of fastpasses next month. I couldn't even book my room without three error messages.

But, to be fair, the cruiseline I booked with has just as many problems. Every time I log into my account, it send me back to the login page, and I have to use a backdoor. OTOH, some companies have more complicated systems that seem to run flawlessly. I know nothing about technology, but I think it's a matter of not spending the money on a good IT team.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #13
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheaton View Post
I'm really starting to think that even trying to change FP+ reservations won't be worth the time. We'll set them up and then just hope for the best when we go. If it's going to take that long, it's just easier to go standby and wait for that amount of time.
I have nightmares that I'll change something and create ghost reservations and won't know which are the real ones.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #14
xie
Mouseketeer

Historically speaking, there are things that Disney Parks and Resorts have done well.

Technology has NEVER been one of those things. Their website is consistently (even before last year's "upgrade") one of the slowest websites with the worst user experience I have used in the modern internet era. Compare, for example, the query speed of a search for anything on Amazon - go there, type something in the search box, and see how many seconds it takes to return your results - with the speed of searching for hotel or restaurant availability at Disney. Amazon has optimized their data and indexed it in such a way that they can parse MILLIONS of products and return your result instantly. Disney, on the other hand, can't reliably return a list of the couple dozen ride wait times in your chosen park. It is SO bad. And it's always been bad. And now that they have dumped a bunch more people into searching for things via web and app, it's even worse.

Searching for available hotels. Available table restaurants. Anything that requires the system to search for anything and return an accurate result is a disaster. And the phone apps have to do the similar kinds of searches - for the "posted ride wait times", for "what's near me", for fast pass selection changes of time and ride, for a bunch of stuff.

Their data layer is really really jacked. I don't know why a company of their size and resources hasn't hired the right people to fix it (and I happen to know some people who could, in fact, fix it). Queries should return in milliseconds with consistently correct results, not minutes later with untrustworth results, or never.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yikes....

Tags
fastpass+, glitch, mde

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: