Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #436
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hi, Karin! Once again, trying to make my way back on the DIS to follow my favorite friends' PTR and TR's: yours, Kathy, Rosie and Pat. Slowly catching up!

Posted a few pics of Sophia on our very quick WDW trip for four nights early this month....had to stay offsite because we took the puppies with us...but we were so close that from pulling out of the driveway and parking at a Park was not more the 10 mins....and we took a back road that was mostly Disney property so it did not feel far at all.

Your Paris trip and Med Adventure are so close now! Can't wait to catch up!! xo

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:08 AM   #437
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hi, Karin! Once again, trying to make my way back on the DIS to follow my favorite friends' PTR and TR's: yours, Kathy, Rosie and Pat. Slowly catching up!

Posted a few pics of Sophia on our very quick WDW trip for four nights early this month....had to stay offsite because we took the puppies with us...but we were so close that from pulling out of the driveway and parking at a Park was not more the 10 mins....and we took a back road that was mostly Disney property so it did not feel far at all.

Your Paris trip and Med Adventure are so close now! Can't wait to catch up!! xo
Christine!
I am so glad to know that you are still reading.

I did see some of the pics on FB, but somehow I cannot keep track easily there and I have been pretty busy myself with the end of the school year approaching in just two short weeks.
Where did you stay offsite - that seems like a pretty interesting place and I am always looking for good places to stay for the night when we arrive (it somehow does not make much sense to pay Disney prices OR use DVC points just to sleep and move on).

I still don't believe that we will be in Paris exactly one week from today. That trip really was "spontanious", but I cannot wait to get there again.
And the Med is just 5 weeks away too! I did not do much research on it during the year and now I am constantly reading up on things. Can't wait to get on the Magic. She is the only ship we have not sailed on yet.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2014, 03:41 AM   #438
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 5

But we did not let it get to us and enjoyed the parade.

To be continued .....
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 06-20-2014, 03:53 AM   #439
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 6

Continuing on with the parade .....

Once it was over we walked up to Fantasyland, but lines were long and we just walked around a bit and checked out the stores.
Soon enough it got dark and we were on our way to the Town Square to watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony.

Crowds were light there and we easily found a spot to the side, but right in front of the tree.

To be continued .....

Old 06-20-2014, 04:48 AM   #440
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 7

Crowds were light there and we easily found a spot to the side, but right in front of the tree.
The park lights went out and the music kicked in and then the tree started to sparkle and the lights danced with the music.

It was so magical and beautiful. Everyone was just staring at the tree in disbelief. A magical show indeed, one only Disney can do. It ended with snow on Main Street and When you wish upon a star and set the tone for the rest of the evening. Once it was all over we decided that we definitely wanted to watch the second tree lighting ceremony as well.
There was an hour until then and we thought about how to spend the time, and there was something we wanted to try that was only offered for one more day – the Christmas Counter Service Menu.

So, off we went

to the Café Hyperion. Luckily there was no line at all, so we ordered our menu and went up to the seating area to find a table. We had to climb quite high up to find a clean table, but finally we got lucky.
We sat down, took photos of our food

(and a room close to our table that was not desirable to look at)

and then tried our Christmas menu. There was a

Premium Angus Mushroom Burger, with bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Rocket Salad, accompanied by

Wafer Potatoes. To be honest, we were not impressed. The burger was dry, the rocket limp and the cheese looked like it had been under a heat lamp all day. We ate a few bites and shared the potatoes, which were crisp and tasty. Main tried, it was me who was in charge of tasting the dessert, the

2 chocolate cake. Now, that was a whole other ballgame.
The cake was moist and soft and the two chocolate mousse filling was delicious. Once we had finished our dinner we sat for a while discussing our vacation so far and were quite happy with what we had seen and done so far. About 10 minutes before the second tree lighting ceremony was about to start we headed out to Main Street again, found a great spot to watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony from another angle and waited for it to begin.

To be continued .....

Old 06-20-2014, 05:18 AM   #441
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 8

About 10 minutes before the second tree lighting ceremony was about to start we headed out to Main Street again, found a great spot to watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony from another angle and waited for it to begin.

It was as impressive as the first time and even though it was way after Christmas it felt really like Christmas with snow and Christmas songs.
Tree Lighting over we walked towards the castle again, took a few pictures

and then contemplated what to do now.
We strolled over to Adventureland and found the Indiana Jones ride down, Big Thunder had a 70 minute wait, so we headed over to the Pirates of the Caribbean. And yippie, this is where we got lucky.

It only had a 10 minute wait posted, which was more like a 5 minute stroll onto the boat and off we went to meet the pirates.
After the ride we strolled over to Fantasyland,

but the line for Peter Pan was 50 minutes long, so we gave it a miss. SnowWhite had a line out the door, but the line for Pinocchio’s ride was only 10 minutes long. We got in line

and it was about a 10 minute wait.

There was a family with a young child who we let go in the front row seats and off we went. Once we reached the end the CM who was manning the exit asked if we all wanted to stay on for another round, but Tom opted not to, so we got off.
And after those two rides and a quest to find a certain hat for Tom we decided to try and find out if the short cut to Discoveryland was open. It was

so we took the short cut, checked out the store there, but no hat and came up with the idea of taking the train back to Main Street.
So we walked up to the train station to find a CM huddled into a little shelter. She let us know that the next train would be the last one out, but it would be a 15 minute wait.
We didn’t mind the wait and had the whole platform to ourselves,

checking it all out and taking photos.

I think the CM felt obliged to entertain us a bit and came over to chat. She was very nice, but had a heavy accent and we had a hard time understanding her.

To be continued .....

Old 06-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #442
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 9

I think the CM felt obliged to entertain us a bit and came over to chat. She was very nice, but had a heavy accent and we had a hard time understanding her.
Finally the train came in

and we slipped her a few chocolates for all her efforts, which put tears in her eyes. We got onto the train and were surprised to find that the compartments had been upgraded with metal doors.
There were only a few more people on the train and even the driver came over to chat before we went on our way. We got off at Main Street station

and had just a little time left until it was time for Disney Dreams, their combined castle – fireworks – fountain show. There were loads of people waiting, but we were able to find a nice spot to watch the show. It started a few minutes later and it was absolutely incredible.

To be continued .....

Old 06-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #443
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice mega update.

The parade looks so cool. I really enjoy seeing pictures from the parades at the parks other than WDW. They are all done so well.

The tree lighting ceremony also looks so unique. I bet that was really enjoyable to watch. Just lovely and I'm sure pictures don't even begin to do it justice!

Hmmmm - I think its funny that they have a specially name Christmas meal.

Your pictures from the train platform are also really cool.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:50 AM   #444
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice mega update.

The parade looks so cool. I really enjoy seeing pictures from the parades at the parks other than WDW. They are all done so well.

The tree lighting ceremony also looks so unique. I bet that was really enjoyable to watch. Just lovely and I'm sure pictures don't even begin to do it justice!

Hmmmm - I think its funny that they have a specially name Christmas meal.

Your pictures from the train platform are also really cool.
I need to get those "extra" trip reports out of the way and since we are off to Paris again in just a week I'm trying to post as much of the January trip as possible.

PLUS ..... I haven't even started posting the plans for our summer trip yet. And it is just 5 weeks away.

Parades are just so fun to watch, whatever park they are in. And the tree lighting was really wonderful. And you are SO right, the photos don't do it justice at all.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #445
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 10

Castle show continued ......

To be continued .....

Old 06-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #446
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 11

Castle show continued ......

The castle show together with the dancing waters and the projections on the “water curtains” plus the fireworks were out of this world. We loved it and were so happy we had made the effort to go and see the show.
Once it was over we went with the flow

and were slowly but surely swept out of the park.
We walked through the World of Disney and the Disney Store to pick up a few more items and then headed towards our hotel. When we got up to our room

we were happy to hear that the water in the toilet was no longer running and even the door was closing. They had even left some chocolate coins on the bed to say they were sorry.

Well, the water was definitely fixed, but when we left the bathroom and tried to close the door again it kept opening up again and again.
Oh well, you cannot have it all and one thing fixed out of two is nice too. Our first priority was to get the packing done, so we put our suitcases on the beds and I quickly stowed as much as was possible the night before, in them. Suitcases out of the way, we emptied out our collapsible cooler

to finish off our provisions with some midnight snacking.
I think it was around midnight when we finally called it a day and went to bed.

To be continued .....

Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #447
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Old 06-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #448
alpinemouse
Earning My Ears

TR 2012: If we can dream it, we can do it ...... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

alpinemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #449
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Karin, so much to comment on.

The parade looks like so much fun and so many different characters than I think I normally see at DW.

The Christmas Tree lighting looks so magical. Add snow in on Main Street and it's perfect.

Love the show at the end with the fireworks.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #450
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

DLP, looks so beautiful at night and all lit up!
I am glad you made it there that evening so you could share all those beautiful pictures. Have fun on your next trip!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: