Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #421
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Great updated! Sounds like Italy was a great relaxing vacation for you both! That ice cream looks sooooo yummy!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #422
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It's nice to get away like that.
I am really loving the beach and pier shots. I could see framing some of those.
And of course I have not had breakfast yet, so it looks delicious!!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #423
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great conclusion to Italy vacation !!! The food all looked yummy as always !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #424
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Karin,
I read all the threads I am subscribed to before going to bed last night. I get home after working an 8 hour shift at the hospital and find that you have been an updating machine. Loved all the pastries and the beautiful pictures as you returned to Austria. Your country is just beautiful.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #425
alpinemouse
Earning My Ears

Spoileralarm!!!

TR 2012: If we can dream it, we can do it ...... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

alpinemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #426
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Oh my so many DELICIOUS updates! Tom's pasta looks amazing. Even though it has a lot of oil, I would have devoured every last drop Same with the icecream. Putting espresso over a scoop of ice cream sounds absolutely magnificent.

Love the drive home. So beautiful!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #427
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Okay ........... here we go again. Another week with no DIS time (ups, forgot to mention that my weekend has officially begun. Tomorrow is a holiday and Friday is a window day - so NO school!! ).

But I do have an excuse other than school.

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!

NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE INVITED TO THE PREVIEW OF THE NEW RATATOUILLE RIDE AT DLP!

Let me start at the beginning.
On Saturday I was checking my email and found an invitation to the Ratatouille Preview in my inbox. Tom was in the shower, so why not check the dates and play with accommodation and flights. Yip, there are flights at the perfect time, 6pm on Friday, which would give us ample time after work to catch our breath before heading out. Room - yes, the Kyriad has one left and it's a good price too.
So once Tom got out of the shower I asked if he wanted to go to Paris for the next weekend.
Yes, why not?
Then he realized I was serious. But once I had filled him in on the details he was all for it.
So I quickly grabbed the hotel room (can be cancelled easily again), but since I was not too sure about the whole invitation thing I told Tom that I would wait with booking the flights until I had called Disney about how the sign up process really worked (the email was in French).
So, when I got home, I called Disney, a) to find out about the sign up and b) if there was any chance we could snatch an onsite room with a discount.
Okay, here is where we got a REAL reality check. I talked to a very nice lady, but what she told me shattered our plans.
Per email (and we had only gotten one) only one person could sign up for the preview. So, that meant that either Tom or myself would be able to take part. She even transferred me to a supervisor, but same answer.
I was floored, called Tom and we decided to forget about the whole thing. But somehow I just needed to let them know that I was not a happy bunny, so I wrote to the French annual pass bureau and let them know about my disappointment.
I hadn't heard back from them by yesterday noon, so I cancelled the hotel room. By 2pm I HAD and answer. What the supervisor had told me on the phone was incorrect and everyone with an annual pass "Dream" could sign up. Should we still consider taking part, all they needed would be the numbers of our APs and what day we would like to do the preview.
I wrote back as soon as I could, letting them know, but I had cancelled my hotel a few hours before. Needless to say it was gone! So I grabbed another one which looked nice, then checked flights. Needless to say the ones we had had in mind were gone too (I wanted to use airmiles). But we did make a decision.
Next week, the day of the flight, Tom will start work two hours early and run as fast as he can. Once I am done I will head to my car as fast as I can and drive home, we'll change cars and head to the airport - our new flight now leaves at 3pm (I work until 1 and it's half an hour's drive to where we live and another 25 minutes to the airport). We should be cutting it close, but it is doable.
So, after flights were booked (I LOVE my airmiles and flying for free when the regular flights cost around 1000 Euros for the two of us.)
Only now did I start researching our hotel and found out that I was not really happy with it.
I called Disney about onsite hotels, but their rates are crazy high, even with an AP discount. So while studying google earth I came across another hotel, the same brand as the one we usually stay at. And it was a decent rate, so now we are staying very close to the Val d' Europe shopping center in a lovely suite hotel for two nights.

We'll arrive in Paris shortly after 6pm, then pick up a rental and head to our hotel. Do some shopping and call it an early night as Tom will have had to get up at 3am that day.

On Saturday, our only full day we will explore Disneyland Park in the morning, then change to Walt Disney Studios for the preview and after a short break back to Disneyland Park for Disney Dreams, the laser, water and fireworks show.

On Sunday, after breakfast, we'll check out and spend as much time as possible in Disneyland Park, before it will be time to head home again.

Short, but sweet and we cannot wait!!!!!!!

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #428
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

How fun! I love spontaneous trips! Glad everything worked out and you are able to go.

Jill in CO
Old 06-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #429
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
How fun! I love spontaneous trips! Glad everything worked out and you are able to go.

Jill in CO
Thanks, Jill! We are both so excited to go and ride the ride before it officially opens.
We did the same when there was a preview for ToT. Got back from a WDW trip Sunday night, found the invitiation and were booked and ready to go the following day.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 06-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #430
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

How exciting for you and Tom, Karin! The timing is just right for you to go, and you get to preview a new ride!!!!

Loved your scenery pics in the Italy trip! And for some reason, I can't get those pastries off my mind. I have to try, because I have gained 9 lbs. in the past 6 months.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #431
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Great updated! Sounds like Italy was a great relaxing vacation for you both! That ice cream looks sooooo yummy!
It usually IS a very laid back vacation. We go there to get away from all the work related stress and just take it really easy.
Oh, and the ice cream WAS very yummy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It's nice to get away like that.
I am really loving the beach and pier shots. I could see framing some of those.
And of course I have not had breakfast yet, so it looks delicious!!!!
It is awesome, just a five hour drive and you have a complete change of scenery.
Sorry for making you hungry again ...... but you should know me and my TRs by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great conclusion to Italy vacation !!! The food all looked yummy as always !!!
Thank you, Rosie! And I can promise you, food was as yummy as it looks here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Karin,
I read all the threads I am subscribed to before going to bed last night. I get home after working an 8 hour shift at the hospital and find that you have been an updating machine. Loved all the pastries and the beautiful pictures as you returned to Austria. Your country is just beautiful.
I really need to finish those "extra" TRs. We are leaving for another BIG trip in just a little under 5 weeks.
Not sure if I will be able to finish them all, but I am trying.
The drive through the Alps is really breathtaking. It is much more spectacular when you see it for real, the photos do not do it justice.
On the other hand, the area where we live has lots of rolling hills and I actually stopped my car a few days ago to take in the view. It was awesome with a rainbow above it.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #432
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinemouse View Post
Spoileralarm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh my so many DELICIOUS updates! Tom's pasta looks amazing. Even though it has a lot of oil, I would have devoured every last drop Same with the icecream. Putting espresso over a scoop of ice cream sounds absolutely magnificent.

Love the drive home. So beautiful!
OMG that pasta was to die for. Even though I would never have used that much garlic or oil, but the bite I had was really yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
How exciting for you and Tom, Karin! The timing is just right for you to go, and you get to preview a new ride!!!!

Loved your scenery pics in the Italy trip! And for some reason, I can't get those pastries off my mind. I have to try, because I have gained 9 lbs. in the past 6 months.
I can't believe we pulled a second pre-view off. We went to DLP when they had a pre-view for ToT. Rode only that one ride for two days. It was so much fun and I cannot wait to ride this ride. We peeked over a fence to see the new "Paris" add on and it looked just so awesome.
I also hope to snag a table for a dinner at the new Remy restaurant for August when we go back after our cruise.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #433
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Karin, I'm too far behind to comment on everything, but I did read and am caught up (I know you know why I'm behind).

I love the rest of the Italy report.

How exciting that you are going to Paris next week to try out the new attraction. That is absolutel awesome.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #434
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Karin, I'm too far behind to comment on everything, but I did read and am caught up (I know you know why I'm behind).

I love the rest of the Italy report.

How exciting that you are going to Paris next week to try out the new attraction. That is absolutel awesome.
Thank you for coming by, Kathy. I know you have a lot of other things on your mind at the moment.

I cannot believe that we were in Italy 6 weeks ago. But at least we have Paris to look forward to next weekend. Thank you for sharing our excitement.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #435
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: