Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #406
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wow, that rain really sucks!!!!!
At least you di get to do a few things.
Who would think an Italian restaurant wouldn't serve good Italian food???
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:20 AM   #407
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Ugh, so sorry Venice was so rainy! That's not a fun way to spend the day. I have a teddy bear from that Disney Store! The pastries and gelato look delicious!

Jill in CO
And while it was not the best visit to Venice it was fun in the end, running through the rain. AND, it means we have to go back soon.

That is such a cute Disney Store. It reminds me a lot of the one in Covent Garden/London. Both are just tiny and still you feel the magic of Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow, that rain really sucks!!!!!
At least you di get to do a few things.
Who would think an Italian restaurant wouldn't serve good Italian food???
Yes, we picked the wrong day to go to Venice. Well, another reason to return there soon.
We knew that it would be expensive to eat in a restaurant right there at the Canale Grande at the foot of the Rialto, but that restaurant really was a rip off. I have had better frozen food from the supermarket.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #408
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Loved all the pictures. We didn't go to Italy while we lived in Germany. Looked like they had more Frozen dolls at the Disney Store than we have here in Ohio or online. I have gotten Olaf in North Carolina and Anna online for Lily. Still looking for Elsa. I'm sure we will get her one eventually.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #409
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh wow - bummer about all the rain. No wonder you were exhausted when you got back to your villa, which, by the way - was very nice! That is a nice sized verandah. I hope you get to use before your vacation is over!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #410
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Great updates!! Sorry about the rain in Venice. Cant wait to hear more.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #411
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Loved all the pictures. We didn't go to Italy while we lived in Germany. Looked like they had more Frozen dolls at the Disney Store than we have here in Ohio or online. I have gotten Olaf in North Carolina and Anna online for Lily. Still looking for Elsa. I'm sure we will get her one eventually.
Oh, what a shame you never made it to Italy while you lived in Germany. It is a beautiful country.
And yes, I was surprised at how much Frozen merchandise they were selling. I was not really interested in it, all I was really looking at were things for little George and the items, that said Venice or Italy on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh wow - bummer about all the rain. No wonder you were exhausted when you got back to your villa, which, by the way - was very nice! That is a nice sized verandah. I hope you get to use before your vacation is over!
The downpour sucked! But it gives us another reason to go back in the near future.
The veranda was put to good use, having drinks and ice-cream outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Great updates!! Sorry about the rain in Venice. Cant wait to hear more.
Thank you! We had a really nice time in Italy and I could have done without the rain in Venice, but we were on vacation, so all was fine.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #412
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, May 3
Nothing special - Part 1

There was nothing special planned for the day, so we slept in a bit, then headed down to the bakery and picked up some fresh rolls and pastries and sat down to have a nice big breakfast. We still had lots of “leftover” hams and cheeses and really took some time to enjoy them. Then we had some pastries, which we had to try. Tom had opted for a

vanilla cream filled doughnut. I had gotten three bit-size options.

One was a

short crust tartlet, filled with vanilla pudding and a strawberry on top. And then I had picked out two profiteroles, a vanilla one

and a chocolate one.

I saved the chocolate one for later and enjoyed the vanilla one. Once we had finished our breakfast, we quickly cleaned up the kitchen and dining area and then got ready to stroll down the main street again.
Today it was a lot sunnier than the day before and we enjoyed the warm sun and blue skies. We took our sweet time to stroll down the streets,

stopping ever so often to pop into a shop and take a good look around. It was fun to just window shop and talk about plans for our upcoming summer vacation. Within an hour we had made it to the end of the shopping street and there is a little plaza with more shops which we visited, then turned around and slowly walked the same way back.
We popped into a few more shops in the side streets and soon we were back close to our hotel. It was now shortly after 12 noon and since we were just at our favourite restaurant we were thinking about having lunch there. Neither of us was really hungry, but since we were right there, we thought why shouldn’t we. We asked for a table and were immediately taken to a table and handed a menu.
We ordered our drinks and made up our minds about what we wanted to eat and soon placed our order. Tom had opted for two starters, while I stuck with my favourite, pizza! And while we waited we were not only served a

basket of bread, but an amuse gueule as well. We were served two small plates with just a tiny portion of

salad leaves and a celery stick filled with herbed cream cheese on top. And soon, Tom’s first course were the

Mussels with spicy Marinara sauce, served with toasted bread seasoned with oil and parsley. And a minute or two later my pizza, the

Pizza Burrata, Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Burrata Pugliese, Rocket Salad, and Cherry Tomatoes. Both portions were huge and extremely tasty. Once Tom had finished his mussels he waited for quite a bit for his next course to be brought out and we should soon find out why. His pasta had been freshly cooked and he really enjoyed his

Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, Peperoncino, Spaghetti with oil, garlic, chili peppers and basil. There was a lot of oil and garlic, but it was not greasy at all. To say he loved it, would be an understatement.

We were too full for dessert, so we settled the bill and slowly, very slowly headed back to our hotel.

Once there we had a short break sitting out on the huge balcony with a drink and enjoying the day.

To be continued .....

Last edited by dizneeat; 06-14-2014 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #413
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Food and more food. You are killing me!

I'm all caught up.

That's awful about the mold on the cheese. I would have taken it back too.

Venice is beautiful; sorry you had to deal with rain.

I so want that Olaf. I have not been able to find one anywhere.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #414
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:45 AM   #415
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Food and more food. You are killing me!

Sorry again!

I'm all caught up.

Yeah! You rock, girl, being all caught up already after your vacation.

That's awful about the mold on the cheese. I would have taken it back too.

Venice is beautiful; sorry you had to deal with rain.

It is an awesome city. And yes, the rain ...... well, another reason to go back.

I so want that Olaf. I have not been able to find one anywhere.
Wow! I cannot believe that you all have such a hard time getting Frozen merchandise! They had plenty of stuff in the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Great pictures!
Thanks, Teresa!

Old 06-15-2014, 03:07 AM   #416
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, May 3
Nothing special - Part 2

Once there we had a short break sitting out on the huge balcony with a drink

and enjoying the day. After a while I felt like I should have some ice-cream now, so I went to the little ice-cream shop just next to our hotel and got myself a cup. This time I tried

Nutella and Coconut ice-cream. Both were yummy, even though I would not have tasted the Nutella would I not have known that that was what I was eating. We sat outside for about two hours, enjoying the afternoon sun but then got antsy again.
So we went for another walk. This time we first walked along the beach to the old lighthouse.

Even though it did not rain that day it was not super hot and the beach was practically empty. We walked out onto the pier

and enjoyed the view while taking photos.

After a while we decided to walk around the harbour, then head back along the beach to the Terra Mare, and even further along the beach.

To be continued .....

Old 06-15-2014, 03:33 AM   #417
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, May 3
Nothing special - Part 3

After a while we decided to walk around the harbour,

then head back along the beach to the Terra Mare, and even further along the beach.

After a while we turned right into town again and walked back along the main street,

picking up a few things we had been thinking about buying. We returned back to our room at around 5pm and we quickly debated what to do for the rest of the day.
Well, a quick look outside decided it for us. It looked like rain again, so we headed to the small grocery store around the corner to pick up Mortadella and different varieties of ham, some more olives and cheeses to take home. The owner of the shop is a very sweet lady and always chats with us for a while, so we brought some rum soaked prunes, covered in chocolate for her. So, after we paid our bill, we handed her her little sweet treat and it was so cute to see how surprised she was. We left shortly after and headed back to our villa, right in time for the rain to start.
It was pouring down.
BAD!
So we packed up whatever we could already, then watched some TV and around 8pm, when it was still raining we put everything we still had in the fridge out on the table and had one more yummy picnic. For dessert we tried the bakery goods we had bought while going for a walk and while one of them was really yummy,

an apple filled puff pastry, the other one was just heavy and overly sweet.

We finished off the evening by watching more TV, while enjoying some adult beverages before we went to bed at around 11pm.

To be continued .....

Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 AM   #418
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 4, May 4
All good things must come to an end … - Part 1

The alarm rang at 6.30 and we both were still too tired to get up, so we slept in for another hour, then quickly got ready and headed to the bakery to pick up some rolls for breakfast and a few more sweet treats, some of which ended up being brought home.

Once breakfast was finished we were running behind schedule, as we still had to pack up the rest of our stuff and load the car before check out at 10am. And it was really awesome to have the car, as it meant that we did not have to worry about weight limits or pieces of luggage.
I had brought a lot of reusable shopping bags and soon everything was stowed in the car and we headed to the front desk to pay the rest of our bill. We had a little chat with the owner of the hotel and she told us that she only had one villa with a large veranda in the category we had booked and that she had put it “aside” for us as we were regular guests.
We were so pleased when she explained it all. But it was getting busy, so we said our goodbyes after asking if we could leave the car in the garage for about one more hour. Needless to say that our request was met with a smile. And then we headed down the main street again. Since we were going straight home we had decided on having one more ice-cream at an ice-cream parlour we had already visited when we had been kids.
On the way there we passed a shop with knick-knacks and we noticed a fun kids cutlery with handles that look like sailors and they can be linked together. We found a blue set for little cousin George and a few shops later we made another stop for a cute necklace I had seen the day before. Then it was time for ice-cream.

We were the only guests, and found out why within a few minutes, all the tables were in the shade.

We had already placed our orders and they were soon brought out. Tom had ordered an

espresso gelato cocktail. A scoop of ice-cream placed into a cocktail glass and topped with espresso. I should have ordered the same thing as my

“iced coffee” consisted of several scoops of vanilla and chocolate ice-cream, topped with coffee and whipped cream. It was HUGE and even though it was really good I was not able to finish it.
Once we had finished our ice-creams we strolled back to the car and got on our way. We had one more stop we wanted to make. There is a huge wholesale market and we wanted to pick up a few more groceries to take home. We found quite a few more cheeses, which at home were all portioned and frozen, some Ravioli and Tortellini and some Panfrutta, a sweet bread with candied fruit inside. And finally we were able to get on our way.

To be continued .....

Old 06-15-2014, 04:08 AM   #419
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 4, May 4
All good things must come to an end … - Part 2

And finally we were able to get on our way.

When we reached the motorway it was shortly after 12 noon and we soon left the flat area and the Alps greeted us again.

Traffic was light and around 2pm we crossed the border into Austria.

In Carinthia we stopped one more time to fill up the car and have a restroom break.

We had thought about stopping for an early dinner on the way, but instead we just pushed on and made it back home at around 6pm. We made a few rounds from the car to the dining room to haul everything we had loaded into the car up to our house. And after saying hello to Pixie again and getting her all sorted we had some Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner. I got home to my flat at around 9pm and I was not happy that our vacation was already over again and we both had to go to work the next day.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:09 AM   #420
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Italy DONE .........

now let's move back to Disneyland Paris!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: