Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #331
MEK
DIS Veteran

HOLY mega update. Wow. Can't even remember what I want to say.

That church is gorgeous. Just lovely. And that chapel in the snow is just so cute!

That spa location looks absolutely gorgeous. I loved seeing all your pictures of the beautiful mountains and waterfalls. That gondola ride looks lovely. And that cool bridge! Everything is just breathtaking!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #332
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

I am finally caught up! You certainly have been busy, and with lots more to come! All I can say is now that I am caught up, I will do my best to keep up!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #333
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
HOLY mega update. Wow. Can't even remember what I want to say.

I needed to get Tom's spa trip out of the way - we are leaving for Italy in 10 days.

That church is gorgeous. Just lovely. And that chapel in the snow is just so cute!

It was really beautiful. We did not take many pictures inside the churches and Tom hasn't uploaded the rest of his pics yet, but they were really beautiful.

That spa location looks absolutely gorgeous. I loved seeing all your pictures of the beautiful mountains and waterfalls. That gondola ride looks lovely. And that cool bridge! Everything is just breathtaking!
Hm, I wonder if you should come here and check it out for yourself.
You are definitely right, it was very beautiful, but the three weeks were over before we knew it. He is already thinking of when he can sign up for another visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
I am finally caught up! You certainly have been busy, and with lots more to come! All I can say is now that I am caught up, I will do my best to keep up!
You did a really good job, catching up here. I needed to finish that trip report because we are off to Italy in just a few more days.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 AM   #334
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

HAPPY EASTER to all our friends on the DISboards!

TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 04-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #335
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter to You and Tom !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #336
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air ……- Part 5

The parade itself is cute with a few Christmas floats, lots of singing and dancing and as I mentioned before, even more characters.

Parade over we walked our way up Main Street again,

noticing that it had “Disney snowed” on Main Street – remnants of foam snow everywhere. We used the short cut into Adventureland and had a peek at the standby time for Big Thunder Mountain. 90 minutes, thanks, but no thanks. What about fast pass? Fast pass was for mid afternoon and it was no noon. Since we wanted to go shopping to the grocery store that wasn’t an option either. So we dumped the idea of riding Big Thunder and headed towards the Indiana Jones ride. Wait, can we hear it rattle?

NO, so we looked and noticed that it was down. What to do now. Well, the skies were pretty clear, so why not the climb the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.

We were stunned to see that even that had quite a line, but we hopped in anyway.

To be continued .....

Old 04-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #337
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Happy Easter to You and Tom !!!
Thank you, Rosie! Just read about your day .......

Old 04-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #338
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hope you and Tom had a wonderful Easter!

Trying to get caught up on my subbed TRs this morning and finally posted on my own. I'm getting to be such a slacker.

Love the pictures from the Christmas parade! What an adorable parade and its looks like a perfectly beautiful day.

Is your Italy trip really that close? Awesome!

And, yes, I would love to come visit that spa some day! Stunning!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #339
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wow...lots of things down or long lines.... I have had similar issues on a few trips to WDW...it really is frustrating.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #341
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hope you and Tom had a wonderful Easter!

Thank you, Mary Ellen! We had a lovely weekend - the weather was fine and we enjoyed the time off (I had 10 days, Tom only had the weekend and today) a lot.

Trying to get caught up on my subbed TRs this morning and finally posted on my own. I'm getting to be such a slacker.

Love your new update! I was just over to read and don't worry about falling behind, happens to me daily.

Love the pictures from the Christmas parade! What an adorable parade and its looks like a perfectly beautiful day.

We loved that parade and saw it a few times. It was so neat to see them enhance the parade with more floats and having some great new things, like the tree lighting and the Dreams show.

Is your Italy trip really that close? Awesome!

Yes, we are leaving in 9 days! I cannot believe we are going back so soon.

And, yes, I would love to come visit that spa some day! Stunning!
We'll see you there! No, honestly, if you ever consider a trip to Europe, you have to come to Austria. It's a small country, but it is really beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow...lots of things down or long lines.... I have had similar issues on a few trips to WDW...it really is frustrating.
Things down - we are used to things down - some do not run well when it is really cold outside, and Indy has a history of being down.
And as far as long lines - we knew that beforehand, as it was a holiday weekend and schools were still out. So we kind of needed to run with that, as I can only travel in my school holidays too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I am determined to do a Christmas season trip to DLRP this year
Great news, Linda!

Old 04-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #342
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air ……- Part 6

We were stunned to see that even that had quite a line, but we hopped in anyway.
We have not been in there in a long time, so it was fun to look around and especially to enjoy the view.

It took us about 15 minutes to check everything out and head over to Pirates of the Caribbean.
A 45 minute wait was far too long for us so we continued on to just stroll around. We enjoyed our walk through Fantasyland and finally decided to stop in at Sir Mickey’s and the Christmas store inside the castle before heading out. Again, we took quite some time checking out the stores and were ready to head towards the Main Square when we heard the announcement that the Christmas Parade was on its way again. They were now coming up Main Street. We were still on the castle walkway and I spotted one of my favourite parade watching spots completely empty. There are small alcoves on both sides of the walkway and you can watch the parade from there.

To be continued .....

Old 04-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #343
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air ……- Part 7

There are small alcoves on both sides of the walkway and you can watch the parade from there.

Yip, there is a bit of space between you and the parade, but it is a great viewing point. I claimed our spot while Tom took a few more pics of the parade coming up Main Street.

Once those were done we got in position in our little alcove, I was in charge of the camcorder, while Tom took a lot more photos.

It was fun to watch this parade from another angle again.
Once the parade was over and the crowds had left the hub we walked down there and took photos of the fun “snowmen” they had “built” in front of the castle.

Our next stop was the tipboard, but wait times were pretty long for all the attractions, so we decided to leave the park for the moment and do some shopping.

To be continued .....

Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #344
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air ……- Part 8

Our next stop was the tipboard, but wait times were pretty long for all the attractions, so we decided to leave the park for the moment and do some shopping.
So, on our way out of the park we stopped at one of the small shops next to the exit,

before heading into the Disneyland Hotel to have a look around. And while the hotel was nice we were not overly impressed with it.

So after a good look around we left the hotel and slowly walked towards the Disney Village again. There was a brief talk about having lunch at one of the Village restaurants, but none of us was really hungry so we just walked through the Village and up to our hotel.

When we got to the lobby we stopped for a biological break and then Tom suggested, why not asking if our room was already ready. So we walked up to the front desk and a very sweet cast member looked up our new stateroom, smiled and said, that it was ready and waiting for us.
I handed her our one and only key and she gave us two of them for the new room, shaking her head and mentioning that two people needed two keys. She was so cheerful and friendly and even more so when we handed her two “Merci” chocolate bars.
Now, key in hand we headed up to our new room, which was in the Brownstone building. We opened the door and were happy to see two beds.

Our luggage was there and the view was a bit to the side but great none the less.

To be continued .....

Old 04-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #345
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air ……- Part 9

Our luggage was there and the view was a bit to the side but great none the less.

We walked through the room, checking a bit and then Tom noticed, that the bathroom door would not stay shut from the outside. Okay, we can live with that. So, after a short break we went downstairs and out to the parking lot to go to Auchan to do some shopping.
Soon we were on our way over to Val d’Europe and entered the huge parking lot. We were lucky and found a spot quite close to the entrance, got a cart and went inside. First we went upstairs to the non-food department to have a good look around. We have often found fun Disney articles there at a discount price, but this time we were out of luck.
So we went back downstairs to do some grocery shopping. There are always some things we want to take home and this time was no exception. It took quite some time to fill the cart with dinner staples like cheese and prosciutto and some salads and quite a few drinks. There are some beers Tom enjoys and we still had room in our suitcases, so he would be able to get a few extras to take home.
About an hour and a half after we had left the hotel we were done with grocery shopping and got in line for the register. It takes forever to get through the line, no matter if there is a lot or just very little in your cart and that day was no exception. So finally when we were all done and on the way out to the car again we knew we were right on time for the little bakery we love so much.
So, we quickly drove over there and headed inside.

Since it was late afternoon we were the only shoppers there

and got some wonderful, still warm baguette and some more eclairs for myself.

This bakery does speciality eclairs and I always need to try some. Finally when all the shopping was done we drove back to the hotel, showed our guest pass and were allowed in.
Again, we were lucky and found a parking spot close to the main entrance. We had brought one of our bags to transport our shopping upstairs and now we “rolled” everything towards the entrance. It was already getting a bit dark and since we only had had breakfast and we knew what we had just purchases we started to get really hungry. Back in the room we unpacked our purchases and decided to have an early dinner before heading back to the parks. So we laid the table, Tom found something to watch for us on his pad and we finally sat down and had a very late lunch or early dinner, whatever you want to make it.

I finished off my yummy meal with one of the eclairs, the Speculatius one. Éclair heaven.

But there was now a problem, a huge one. We were both dead tired.
So first we thought that we might head out anyway and explore the Disney Village a bit more, but somehow we never got ourselves out the door. Instead we decided that it was time for a little downtime and so we thought that watching a little TV while trying out the new beds would be great. And yes, you guessed it, when it was time to head out for the first tree lighting we were just too tired and lazy to get out of the room, we never made it to the second one, but we watched the tree lights change colour from our room.

In the end we decided that we were on vacation, and even on a short one like ours we needed some time to catch up on lost sleep. So by 9pm we were in bed, still watching a little TV but sooooo tired already. And we justified our early bed time with an early breakfast time the next morning. By 9.30 Tom was fast asleep and I didn’t last that much longer either.

To be continued .....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: