Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #271
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Welcome back Karin & Tom
Can't wait to hear all about your trip
Thanks, Linda!
It was a lovely trip, just went by far to quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
Welcome home Karin and Tom!

Love your sneak peek pictures. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures on your trip. And thanks for having a Konk Kooler in honor of me!!
Thank you, Elaine!
I am glad you like the sneak peek! It was a beautiful trip, we were just sad that it was so short. We both would have loved to stay longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Welcome back Karin and Tom! Love the great teaser photos. I especially love love love your DCL D&B bag Karin. Can't wait to get planning on next year's cruise.
Thank you, Teresa!
Ah, you noticest my newest DCL D&B. I was so hoping they would have it on the Dream. I just love that style of bag and the print is really nice too.
And as far as planning goes - I just wish they would at least release the Dream and Fantasy itineraries and prices. This waiting is NO fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroleRWO View Post
Very excited to hear more about your trip.

Just checked where your cabin was - what a treat. Tried to get one of those cabins on the Fantasy last year but could only get GT and they upgraded us to a 5a

That was one awesome stateroom with a truly magnificent veranda. We booked the room right when they released the itinerary and were glad we did. A few months later they were only offered as GT.

Waiting here for Disney to put us out of our misery and release the new itineraries - we are off to the Caribbean in 3 weeks on Celebrity Eclipse - just know they are going to release when we are away and cant easily book.

We are waiting too! All we want is a Fantasy cruise (maybe even a b2b if the price is right) for summer of 2015. And while I can understand that they might need some time to release the European itineraries, why can't they just give us the Dream and Fantasy ones.

Hasnt this been a crazy Winter weather-wise? - though Im not complaining - its like Spring here in Munich.

Carole, Mike and Jenny
It indeed has been a crazy winter. We had a few VERY cold days with lots of snow and then some that were far too warm. Crazy!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #272
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Welcome back Karin and Tom !!! Can't wait for the TR!!!
Thank you, Rosie! Working on more updates for the TR now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Welcome home Karin!!!!!!
Thank you, Jennifer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Slowly, but surely I am catching up...
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #273
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Now that I have finished replies and posted updates to my other two TRs I think I can now happily finish my Paris trip. Will try to do it quickly, so I can get into planning mode for our Italy and summer trips.

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air - Part 2

And we were stunned again, lots of decorations, beautiful decorations above Main Street and a brand new Christmas Tree with lots of fun pieces of decoration.

Again, after taking a few more pictures we headed for the shops.

We started at the Emporium and worked our way up through Lilys Boutique and the Toy Store at the end.

We crossed the street and headed into the Art Shop and when we left it we heard that the Christmas Parade was about to come down Main Street.

To be continued .....

Old 03-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #274
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Lovely photos from DLP Karin
I've never visited over Christmas but the decorations look lovely
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #275
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I just love the castle there!!!
Does it feel like disney to you there? I had some issues with DL not feeling as Disney to me as WDW does. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but it was different.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #276
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Love those decorations on the tree. I don't know why I thought of this, but I wonder if anyone has tried to steal an ornament from the tree? Or maybe they're stuck on somehow?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #277
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Not sure if you saw this... I know you love Krispie Kremes...

click here

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #278
pas130
DIS Veteran

YAY decorations It looks crowded Karin, I guess from the people awaiting the parade ??
Old 03-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #279
MEK
DIS Veteran

It does look crowded, but the Christmas decorations are so festive and you did a great job of photographing the uniqueness of the season! Love it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:35 AM   #280
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I have been absent here for quite a while ..........

Reason is, I have been a bit on the busy side.

Let me explain. Remember, when Tom was home last year with back pain for quite some time. Now, the doctor advised him to ask for some spa treatments through insurance. He placed his request and was granted a three weeks stay at a really beautiful little mountain village for his spa treatments. Only downside, it would take about a year until he could go there. Well, last Thursday was that day. He went to Bad Hofgastein for the start of his treatments.
Before that we had a lot of running around for errands to do and last weekend I went to visit him (he asked if I could stay at the spa hotel and they have a really reasonable offer for family who is coming to visit, includes full board and entry to the spa). It's a three hour drive one way and literally everything I usually work at weekends was let undone, so there was/is a lot of catching up to do. So, DIStime was at a minimum. But I hope to be catching up soon.

Okay, and here are a few impressions of what Bad Hofgastein and its surroundings looks like .........

Old 03-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #281
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Lovely photos from DLP Karin
I've never visited over Christmas but the decorations look lovely
It is very beautiful at Christmas, Linda, you should give it a try once. All the decorations and music got us right back into the spirit, even at the beginning of January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I just love the castle there!!!
Does it feel like disney to you there? I had some issues with DL not feeling as Disney to me as WDW does. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but it was different.
It is a beautiful castle, modelled after a few European castles, they took bits and pieces from for inspiration.
Jen, we have never had a problem with it not feeling like Disney. We started out at DL in California and fell in love with it. It was a bit of a shock when we visited WDW for the first time - the size was just sooooooooo big. But we had been to DLRP before, so we knew what it was like before going to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Love those decorations on the tree. I don't know why I thought of this, but I wonder if anyone has tried to steal an ornament from the tree? Or maybe they're stuck on somehow?
They had used a different tree for years, so we were in awe with the new decorations. They were so cute.
As for stealing some ornaments - I guess they are well "secured" on the tree and then, they are higher up as well. It's not like the tree goes down to the street, but there is a whole huge train set underneath it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Not sure if you saw this... I know you love Krispie Kremes...

click here
Ah, thanks for the link!
Do these doughnuts, which we had in February look familiar?

Old 03-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #282
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
YAY decorations It looks crowded Karin, I guess from the people awaiting the parade ??
The decorations were beautiful, Jeanette.
And yes, it WAS crowded, reason being that we are always dependent on my school holidays and this was another holiday weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It does look crowded, but the Christmas decorations are so festive and you did a great job of photographing the uniqueness of the season! Love it!
It was crowded, but we are used to crowded parks, since we always have to travel when there is a holiday.
We were so taken by the fact that it still felt so much like Christmas there, even though we were way into the new year. Disney does an awesome job with its decorations in the parks.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:49 AM   #283
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air - Part 3

We crossed the street and headed into the Art Shop and when we left it we heard that the Christmas Parade was about to come down Main Street.
We looked around for a nice spot to watch it and walked further and further down Main Street

and finally found quite a nice spot close to where the Parade ends.

They have had the same parade last year as well, but we were pleasantly surprised to see more characters, which stretched out the parade quite a bit.

To be continued .....

Old 03-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #284
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, January 4
Christmas is still in the air - Part 4

Parade pics continued ........

To be continued .....

Old 03-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #285
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Lots of fun parade pics!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: