Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #211
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Looking at your Palo Brunch pictures never gets old

Even though it's sad that you'll be getting off the ship, I think your day at WDW TOTALLY makes up for it! You guys will have a busy day at DHS, then your ADR, followed by a nice night at MK!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #212
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

Wonderful cruising plans, Karin. I know it's hard to get off the ship, but at least you still have Studios, California Grill and Mk to look forward to.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #213
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I will do replies when we get back, I just wanted to post plans for the last two remaining days (sans pics, as I don't have the time to look for some).

We will be leaving early (flight leaves at 6.50am!) on Saturday. See you all after we return.

Day 7, February 21

Two parks in one day – IF we can pull it off!

Given that we will only have gotten in around midnight the day before I can only hope that we can get up in time to make it to the Animal Kingdom for rope drop at 9am. Once there we will head straight for Expedition Everest and hop in line. We will not have any Fastpasses for Animal Kingdom as I saved those for later that day. So depending on how thick the crowds will be we will hop in line for a second ride if the wait is not too long or even use the single rider line. Then we will head over to Kilimanjaro Safari to get in line there. Once we get off the ride we will grab a bite to eat either at Tamu Tamu or Pizzafari. Depening on wait times we might throw in another ride or two before returning to Old Key West, to enjoy some time and some rest there. Then around 4pm we will head over to the Beach Club for our reservation at Beaches and Cream. Depending on how hungry we will be we will either have some early dinner or just enjoy some ice-cream. Bellies filled we will go to Epcot to utilize our Fastpasses for the day. Our first one will start at 6pm at Mission Space and depending on how long the single rider line for Test Track will be we will ride Test Track as well. Our next Fastpass is for Spaceship Earth and after this trip into our future we will head over to the Land and use our last fastpass on Soarin’. If we got off Soarin’ in time we will try to get over to the World Showcase lagoon to watch Illuminations. The park has Extra Magic Hours that day and we will head to Spice Road Table which should have some empty tables after the fireworks for a taste of Morocco. We will then walk around World Showcase before trying to get onto Mission Space and MAYBE Soarin again. And after some shopping at Mouse Gear we will head out of the park and drive back to Old Key West, where we will have to pack up all our stuff as we will have to leave Old Key West early the next morning. I guess we will be able to go to bed shortly after midnight.

TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #214
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 8, February 22

Time to say goodbye again!

We will have to get up around 7am and after we have gotten ready we will figure out how many pieces of luggage we need to drop off at bell services. At least our Owner’s Locker box will need to be sent back to its resting place. Then we will head over to the Contemporary for breakfast at The Wave. Tom and I do not enjoy buffets very much, but we love the one at The Wave. Go figure, LOL! After breakfast we will make our way over to the Magic Kingdom where we have a Fastpass for Peter Pan after 10am. And after flying over London we will stroll around a bit and maybe get onto Pirates before checking into the Haunted Mansion using another Fastpass. If there is time left, we can hop onto It’s a Small World and maybe Philharmagic before checking in at Be our Guest, where we have already placed our order for lunch. After that we will head over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to take the trip on the runaway mine train and that should conclude our visit to the Magic Kingdom for that year. Needless to say that on the way out of the park we will stroll through the shops one more time and pick up a sweet or two from the Confectionary. Once we are back in the car we will head to Downtown Disney to do a little more shopping at World of Disney and depending on how late it is and how hungry we are, we will either pick up dinner from Wolfgang Puck’s Express, or eat right there. All too soon it will be time to drive to the airport, drop off our luggage and after a last stroll through the airport shops we will go through the Security Checkpoint and then take the fake monorail to our departure gate. This time we will travel economy class, but it won’t be a huge problem as we will be tired and as soon as we are airborne we will take some sleeping aid and sleep through most of the flight.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 02-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #215
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 9, February 23

Almost home

If we wake up in time we will have breakfast on board. Around 11am we will hopefully land in Frankfurt on time and after going through passport control and another security check we will head to our departure gate. There should be just enough time to pick up a snack for breakfast before it will be time to board again and do the last leg of the trip, a 55 minute flight to our home town. Once there we will wait for our luggage, then head through customs, and head out to the car-park. We will stow all our luggage in the boot, and after we have got going we will stop at a gas station to pick up a few groceries before driving to the cat hotel to pick up Pixie. It will then take us another 30 minutes until we finally return home and this year’s trip to the US will be over.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #217
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

Have a great time!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #218
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Have a magical trip.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #219
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Karin and Tom, hope you have a great trip! Your plans sound awesome.
I am not sure if we will make it into any of the parks while you are here, but we will look for you if we do manage to fit some park time into our schedule. I am sure I will be watching your sail away on the webcam so be sure to wave as you go past Fishlips. Oh, be sure to tell our cabin that we'll be there in September. I hope you enjoy 8188 as much as we do.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #220
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Have a great trip!

Jill in CO
Old 02-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #221
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Have a safe trip Karin and Tom. I know you will have a great vacation. Enjoy!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #222
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Old 02-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #223
alpinemouse
Earning My Ears

TR 2012: If we can dream it, we can do it ...... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

alpinemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #224
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Plans continue to sound great, Karin. The food...well you know what I think about all of your food pictures. And I so want to see Castaway Cay one of these days. Too bad we can't just take a cruise to go there for a couple of days.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #225
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Karin I have been working and tired and barely on the Dis this week. Have a Magical trip , loved the post today !!! Question Do you have a link to book a FP for BOG as the one in the thread is not working !!??
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: