Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #196
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Thank you Jedijill for the info. It does look very nice and will research some more.
I have decided not to stay on property and I booked at http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details...._H1237.001.001
Like you said it is a place to sleep and it is really close to Disney.

You’re plans for arrival sound great.
The ship plans sound like fun.
You are welcome... happy planning!

Jill in CO
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #197
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Your plans thus far sound AMAZING!

Can't believe it will be single digits tomorrow! I'm so excited and happy for you! I'm especially excited to see your photos of the lake view from the Grand Floridian!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #198
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

Hi Karin....It's been awhile since I've read your TR. Rachel was home for 6 weeks so I spent all my free time with her.

The Christmas decorations at DLRP look awesome.

I can't believe you will be in Disney and on the Dream in a few weeks. I can't wait to hear about your stay at the Grand Floridian Villas. Looking forward to pictures. I could use some sunshine, paradise and a konk kooker right about now. The winter we are having is a terrible one.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #199
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hit the single digits today!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Thank you Jedijill for the info. It does look very nice and will research some more.
I have decided not to stay on property and I booked at http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details...._H1237.001.001
Like you said it is a place to sleep and it is really close to Disney.

You’re plans for arrival sound great.
The ship plans sound like fun.
The Residhome is quite nice. We have not stayed there yet, but I have researched it. Not sure about the shuttle service (they are not very reliable) but you are close to Val d'Europe and I think you can catch a train from there. Or even if you take a taxi it won't break the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Your plans thus far sound AMAZING!

Can't believe it will be single digits tomorrow! I'm so excited and happy for you! I'm especially excited to see your photos of the lake view from the Grand Floridian!
Thank you, I need to get the rest of my plans up, so you will be able to follow along.

YES, we hit the single digits today. 6 more days of work and then we will be on our way.
I promise to take a lot of photos of the VGF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
Hi Karin....It's been awhile since I've read your TR. Rachel was home for 6 weeks so I spent all my free time with her.

The Christmas decorations at DLRP look awesome.

I can't believe you will be in Disney and on the Dream in a few weeks. I can't wait to hear about your stay at the Grand Floridian Villas. Looking forward to pictures. I could use some sunshine, paradise and a konk kooker right about now. The winter we are having is a terrible one.
No problem, Elaine, sometimes there is just not enough DIStime in a day and I know how precious your time with Rachel is.

We really were impressed with the Christmas decorations at DLRP.

We will be back at Disney in just 9 short days. Once we hit the double digits time just flew by.
I did see some images of the NY area and it does not look "fun" with all the snow. We had a bit ourselves, but thankfully most of it melted away again, but we both cannot wait for some Florida sunshine.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #200
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 5, February 19 - Day at sea

Today we CAN truly sleep in. Given that fact and knowing us, we will probably be up by 7am.
I guess we will spend some time on the veranda with some coffee (or Coke) before taking showers and I guess I will start packing up things. About 9.45 we will get ready for brunch at Palo.
Once we have been taken to a table there they will invite us to a walk around the buffet

before leaving us with an empty plate in hand. Guess it will not take us very long to fill that plate,

return to our table and enjoy this great buffet. After that first plate a pizza will be on the menu,

might be one to share before we will order some nice main courses.

And even though we will be pretty stuffed by then, we will pay the desserts a visit. You can’t leave without sampling the dessert buffet, can you?

I guess around midday we will leave the restaurant and head back to our stateroom to change into something more comfortable before giving out the last of our Fish Extender gifts.
And after a little rest I hope we will be able to join one of the tastings they usually do on sea day.

In the afternoon we will head up to the top deck to enjoy another adult beverage/drink of the day and hopefully some sunshine.

Then it will be time to do some shopping before packing up most of our stuff. We will have dinner at our rotation restaurant,

then return to our stateroom to put our dinner clothes into the suitcase and put those outside. Sad, very sad!
And since this will be our last night on board we will head to one of the bars for a farewell drink

before chilling some more on the veranda and then going to bed.

TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #201
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Now that is my idea of a great day Karin
What time do you usually book your Brunch for Karin?
We went right at opening (10am) on our last cruise - I wasn't sure if we should try for a later time in May
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #202
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Now that is my idea of a great day Karin
What time do you usually book your Brunch for Karin?
We went right at opening (10am) on our last cruise - I wasn't sure if we should try for a later time in May
We used to book for 11am to 11.30am, but have changed to 10am bookings. Reason is that we tend to snack more if we have a later reservation and cannot enjoy the buffet as much as arriving there hungry.
Also, the chance of a window table is far greater at opening than arriving later.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #203
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Ok, trying to get caught up on everyones TR's/PTR's! I'm failing miserably

Loved the DLRP updates, I went once but I was by myself and it was rainy and somewhat miserable. I hope to make it back in the future though!

Your cruise plans make me homesick for the ships! I'm sure it will only get worse as I get ready to start my TR... Glad I can live vicariously!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #204
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
We used to book for 11am to 11.30am, but have changed to 10am bookings. Reason is that we tend to snack more if we have a later reservation and cannot enjoy the buffet as much as arriving there hungry. Also, the chance of a window table is far greater at opening than arriving later.
Thanks Karin.
DH prefers the idea of 10am again so I think that's what we will try and get.
20 more days before we can try and book
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #205
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Ok, trying to get caught up on everyones TR's/PTR's! I'm failing miserably

Loved the DLRP updates, I went once but I was by myself and it was rainy and somewhat miserable. I hope to make it back in the future though!

Your cruise plans make me homesick for the ships! I'm sure it will only get worse as I get ready to start my TR... Glad I can live vicariously!
No problem falling behind. Happens to all of us from time to time. Only good thing with my TRs is that I don't get around to update all that often.

There are lots more updates to our Paris trip, I just want to finish off planning for our upcoming trip. Can't believe that in a weeks time I will already be on a plane on our way to Orlando.
DLRP is not that much fun when it is rainy or cold. Come back in the summer - lots more fun, and they even are open late and have fireworks.

Oh, and please give me a shout when you start that TR of yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Thanks Karin.
DH prefers the idea of 10am again so I think that's what we will try and get.
20 more days before we can try and book
We really liked the 10am brunch time, so I will keep my fingers crossed you get your prefered time as well.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:12 AM   #206
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Karin, you and Tom will be here REAL SOON!

We have had a fairly cold (well at least for us it has been cold!) and rainy few days, but it will be better this coming week. I hope it will be warm and sunny when you and Tom get here.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #207
kittymamma
Earning My Ears

Karin...need your help

[Karin, the encyclopedia of all things DCL, need help with "wine tasting". I had asked about this on a separate post but had only one response and then saw where you and Tom had done the wine tasting soooo...are the wines the more unusual ones or standard fare? Do they give a study of the wines...region, production, proper pairings etc. ? Just curious if we should devote the time to this one.
I really enjoy reading your trip reports...they are so full of info and enthusiasm.
kittymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #208
caroleRWO
Mouseketeer

Hi Karin,

Wonderful reading about your plans - absolutely love those FE magnets
Excited to hear what you think of Grand Floridian - Citrico´s is still our favourite place to eat on property - but don´t know if we could ever give up our beloved Old Key West. Not long now till we can book after our Transatlantic trip - that seven month window.
When you are onboard, please try and do some sleuthing as to next year´s schedules - we are hoping for a Panama Canal cruise in September - though I guess we´ll take a Transatlantic as a back-up.

Carole, Mike and Jenny.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #209
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Karin, you and Tom will be here REAL SOON!

We have had a fairly cold (well at least for us it has been cold!) and rainy few days, but it will be better this coming week. I hope it will be warm and sunny when you and Tom get here.
A week from now we will be on a plane heading for the US!

I did read about the cold weather and am hoping that it will warm up before we arrive!
But whatever the weather, we will be on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymamma View Post
[Karin, the encyclopedia of all things DCL, need help with "wine tasting". I had asked about this on a separate post but had only one response and then saw where you and Tom had done the wine tasting soooo...are the wines the more unusual ones or standard fare? Do they give a study of the wines...region, production, proper pairings etc. ? Just curious if we should devote the time to this one.
I really enjoy reading your trip reports...they are so full of info and enthusiasm.
I am happy to give you my opinion on the wine tasting. To be honest, we have done several, loved them all, but they were all quite different. I guess no two are the same.
I think it is the sommelier who picks the wines and so far we have always had a background of where they come from, what it would go with, how to even enhance the experience (chocolate!).
If you get the chance please go and enjoy. They usually have quite good wines, not your "everyday" house wines. Last cruise I found one I really liked and ordered it a few times lateron.

I am glad you enjoy the trip reports - I love to share my love for Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroleRWO View Post
Hi Karin,

Wonderful reading about your plans - absolutely love those FE magnets
Excited to hear what you think of Grand Floridian - Citrico´s is still our favourite place to eat on property - but don´t know if we could ever give up our beloved Old Key West. Not long now till we can book after our Transatlantic trip - that seven month window.
When you are onboard, please try and do some sleuthing as to next year´s schedules - we are hoping for a Panama Canal cruise in September - though I guess we´ll take a Transatlantic as a back-up.

Carole, Mike and Jenny.
Carole, how lovely to hear from you again. We often talk about the time when we spent quite some time in the Old Key West pool together.

Wow! You are doing a Transatlantic! I am officially jealous!

No problem about trying to get info on next year's schedules - I really want to find out for ourselves too! We would love to do another Fantasy back to back next summer, but the way the prices hike, I am not sure we can pull it off.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #210
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 6, February 20 - Back to WDW and OKW

I am sure that when we get up and take a peek out onto the veranda we will see that all too well known parking structure at Port Canaveral. So after taking a shower we will check if we have not forgotten anything and then head up to Cabanas for a quick breakfast.

After that it will be time to say goodbye to our stateroom and our stateroom host before trying to get off the ship. We will join the long lines for immigration and then head over to the parking structure, pay our dues, pack everything into the boot and off we will go. Well, not without driving past the Dream one more time, but then we will be on our way.

I guess we will arrive at OKW around 11am

and since our room will not be ready by then we will just drop off our luggage and then try to grab a bite to eat either at Downtown Disney or offsite,

depending on the time.
Next we will head over to Publix to do some shopping. Guess once shopping is done we will ask again if our room is ready and if it is, we will “move into” our villa.

If not we will just head over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

to put our Fastpass+ to good use. So after going through the turnstiles we will first head to the Tower of Terror.

Then we will walk over to the Indiana Jones Stunt show and use our next fastpass there. We haven’t seen the show in ages, so that should be fun. After the show we should be right on time to get on Toy Story Midway Mania.

Depending on when we will have used up our fastpasses we can either stroll around a little more but we will have to leave the park by 5.30. And after a quick shower and getting changed it will be time to head out again. This time we will drive over to the Contemporary for our reservation at the California Grill.

And while we enjoy a leisurely meal

at our favourite restaurant we hope to be able to enjoy Wishes from the platform on top of the Contemporary. We should be able to finish our dinner

in ample time to hop over to the Magic Kingdom for a stroll through and maybe even a ride. But if not it will still be nice to spend a little more time in the Magic Kingdom. Once the park closes we will head back to the car and drive back to Old Key West for a good night’s sleep.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: