Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
PixarPrincess
Earning My Ears

Heads up re: PAT times and MCO Hyatt stay

Hi all! Just a quick heads up on PAT times if you're staying at the MCO Hyatt.

I stayed up until midnight last night to complete my online check in, to choose an early PAT, ensuring an early boarding number based upon lots of advice out there on the DISboards about this. I know at one point there was a cruise check in for guests right at MCO, but that no longer exists (not to mention, it wouldn't apply fo us Canadians!).

If booking your stay with the Hyatt at the MCO Airport through Disney (as they have a "special partnership" to assist with port transfers), please note that it will be treated as a WDW Hotel/Resort, and will therefore, not allow you to choose a PAT. You'll just need to ensure that you are signed up for the earliest shuttle and will receive your Boarding Number based upon your check in at the port.

Wish I knew this earlier...thought I was beating the system by signing on early and staying up late ...only to be told I couldn't get my boarding number or PAT time arranged. Guess it makes sense though, as who knows what bus you will get on from the Hyatt (although I hear the first one leaves approx. around 9:30ish).

This might work differently for persons who do not book the MCO Hyatt through Disney themselves, as they only ask for your airline arrival time (or you can say you're driving if you're not taking Disney Cruise Buses).

Hope this helps for other cruisers thinking about your online check in for your cruise.

If anyone else has some good advice on this as well...please feel free to comment.

Have a Magical Day!
PixarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

will you end up at port earlier leaving on dcl from moo then if you left from resort?

I haven't decided what we are doing for transfers so I got a 11:30 pat not sure what to do interested in the replies to for thread.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixarPrincess View Post
Hi all! Just a quick heads up on PAT times if you're staying at the MCO Hyatt.

I stayed up until midnight last night to complete my online check in, to choose an early PAT, ensuring an early boarding number based upon lots of advice out there on the DISboards about this. I know at one point there was a cruise check in for guests right at MCO, but that no longer exists (not to mention, it wouldn't apply fo us Canadians!).

If booking your stay with the Hyatt at the MCO Airport through Disney (as they have a "special partnership" to assist with port transfers), please note that it will be treated as a WDW Hotel/Resort, and will therefore, not allow you to choose a PAT. You'll just need to ensure that you are signed up for the earliest shuttle and will receive your Boarding Number based upon your check in at the port.

Wish I knew this earlier...thought I was beating the system by signing on early and staying up late ...only to be told I couldn't get my boarding number or PAT time arranged. Guess it makes sense though, as who knows what bus you will get on from the Hyatt (although I hear the first one leaves approx. around 9:30ish).

This might work differently for persons who do not book the MCO Hyatt through Disney themselves, as they only ask for your airline arrival time (or you can say you're driving if you're not taking Disney Cruise Buses).

Hope this helps for other cruisers thinking about your online check in for your cruise.

If anyone else has some good advice on this as well...please feel free to comment.

Have a Magical Day!
Note this is an old thread.

Thank you for posting this and could I ask you, could you re post it in the main forum not trip reports as few people will see it here.

I have described what you have posted many many times and been told by a few that I was wrong.

Yes some people posting here have said that and. Misinformed people. I was shouted down myself.

Thank you.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:14 AM   #4
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugnmama View Post
will you end up at port earlier leaving on dcl from moo then if you left from resort?

I haven't decided what we are doing for transfers so I got a 11:30 pat not sure what to do interested in the replies to for thread.
Best to ask in the main forum as this is an old thread.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: