Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #121
JessM
We all have a dream

Hey Rob! I'm a little late to the party but I'm glad to see I haven't missed much!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #122
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Hey Rob! I'm a little late to the party but I'm glad to see I haven't missed much!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
YAY, so glad you're here Jess. Nope, you haven't missed much at all.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #123
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm glad your travel day did not have any bumps in the road. I'm sure it can be nerve-wracking coming from a city that could be affected by winter weather. Traveling direct between New Orleans & Orlando, we don't usually have to worry about those kinds of problems, since for us, winter weather consists of the temperature falling below 60.

Oh man, small planes freak me out too!! My very first flight ever was one of those 2 & 1 seat configurations to go to Disney on our honeymoon in '07. Needless to say, I prayed the whole way there.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #124
Volunteer
Mouseketeer

In late, but subbing! Thanks for writing!
Volunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #125
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Great update.

I used to take the puddle jumpers and cigar boxes all the time when I flew into Erie PA. The cigar boxes are even smaller than the puddle jumpers. There is only 2 rows of single seats, 8 on each side for a total of 16 passengers. There is no flight attendant or co-pilot. The Pilot does the safety pre flight instructions and flys the plane. Inside the plane rarely warms up in the 45 minutes you are in the air and yeah I agree about the sling shot theory. Feels like that. And at the end of the journey you get out on the tarmac and walk inside the terminal. Always an adventure.

Glad everything went well with your first day of travel and that you got to finally see the ME counter.

Looking forward to hearing about your first night in Disney and even better your first full day in the parks.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #126
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #127
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm glad your travel day did not have any bumps in the road. I'm sure it can be nerve-wracking coming from a city that could be affected by winter weather. Traveling direct between New Orleans & Orlando, we don't usually have to worry about those kinds of problems, since for us, winter weather consists of the temperature falling below 60.

Oh man, small planes freak me out too!! My very first flight ever was one of those 2 & 1 seat configurations to go to Disney on our honeymoon in '07. Needless to say, I prayed the whole way there.
Thank you!! Yes, it actually was pretty smooth overall. That's exactly it. In the winter a storm can hit at anytime. Thankfully, at that point we stil had fairly mild temps. Not so much anymore.

Bahaha, it really didn't bother me that much once I was in my seat. But when you walk on and see how narrow the aisles are, it's pretty intimidating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
In late, but subbing! Thanks for writing!
Oh you are certainly not late, and THANK YOU for subbing abnd reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Great update.

I used to take the puddle jumpers and cigar boxes all the time when I flew into Erie PA. The cigar boxes are even smaller than the puddle jumpers. There is only 2 rows of single seats, 8 on each side for a total of 16 passengers. There is no flight attendant or co-pilot. The Pilot does the safety pre flight instructions and flys the plane. Inside the plane rarely warms up in the 45 minutes you are in the air and yeah I agree about the sling shot theory. Feels like that. And at the end of the journey you get out on the tarmac and walk inside the terminal. Always an adventure.

Glad everything went well with your first day of travel and that you got to finally see the ME counter.

Looking forward to hearing about your first night in Disney and even better your first full day in the parks.
THANK YOU!!!

Yowza, now those are small planes. I do remember flights before where I had to go outside to get on/off the plane.

Yes, very smooth and YES the DME counter. Pretty exciting!!

Next update coming up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thank you so much!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #128
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

"THINK OF ALL THE JOY YOU'LL FIND, WHEN YOU LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND,
AND BID YOUR CARES GOODBYE..."
Day 1 – December 3, 2013 Part 2

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!
As we enter each new year, it is commonplace to reflect on the year just past.
I would be incredibly remiss if I didn’t at least take a moment to reflect on what I truly believe is one of the absolute highlights of my 2013.
And that is the amazing New Friendships I’ve formed as a result of joining this board a mere 9 months ago.
THANK YOU for your continued support and all the best to you and everyone you care about in 2014.

I had planned to get to POP by about 9:00 pm, but I was making great time, so almost a full hour ahead of schedule, I was seeing this.

(Of course, this is meant to be a representation of my blurry, tired eyes after a long day of travel,
And NOT, as one might think, the result of a shaky camera taking a picture in the dark while driving... Safety First).

And then… finally... THIS!

I had only stayed on Disney property (and thus POP) once before, but everything just came flooding back in an instant.

I posted on Facebook that picture and the simple caption:
"HOME..."

I had done online check-in,

So I jumped into that non existent line and was greeted by a lovely young lady from Australia.
I mention this mainly because this was just the first of MANY encounters with Australian CM’s (and I have a doozy of a story to share later).

THEY’RE TAKING OVER PEOPLE!!!

I got REALLY excited when she presented me with this.

I was really eager to try this out. It has a Mickey head so is therefore awesome.

When I did online check in, I had placed the two allowed requests… 50’s Section and Lake View, and I got BOTH!!!

Finally, I asked her where I could get my birthday button, as I wanted that piece of accoutrement ASAP.
Happily, she had some right there and filled in my name with some adorable Mickey Ears on my “O”

I had read a brilliant tip that Lia (AKA _disneygirl, YOU KNOW WHO I MEAN) had posted on her TR,
So I also asked if she had any tape nearby, and she instantly knew why.
Placing some tape over the name on the button provides fantastic protection, and it worked for the entire duration of the trip.
Since I was planning on wearing it EVERY SINGLE DAY, I knew this would be necessary.
No smudging, nothing, and it still looks exactly as it did when I initially received it that day.

Thank you SO MUCH Lia for the AWESOME TIP!!!!

I made my way to my room and, let me tell you, it was a splendid location.
I was on the fourth floor, but the walk to the car in the parking lot was maybe 2-3 minutes PLUS, the walk to Everything POP was maybe 2-3 minutes.

Just tremendous!!!

As mentioned, it was a quick walk to my room AND BONUS… A room number extremely easy to remember…
Even for simple folk like me.

Hmmmm, I wonder if that was done on purpose.
"Oh you're Canadian??? I have the PERFECT room for you!"

I quickly unloaded my bags, did a quick tidy, and of course, procured the required mirror selfie complete with Birthday Button,

And then OF COURSE flipped on the TV to check in with the wife before heading for some grub.
Only… I was greeted with a bank screen where Stacey should be.

SERIOUSLY????!!!!

Put me in a room with no view, torn carpeting, ripped wallpaper, various wildlife, and bad smells… but do NOT take away Stacey.
I was not happy with this at all, but I just didn’t have time to deal with it right now.

Oh all right, I looked like this...

Also, my room safe was broken... But that paled in comparison to the injustice that was no Stacey on my TV screen.

I took the aforementioned ridiculously short walk over to Everything POP for some food.
But first... A welcome mat photo because I am obsessed with Disney resort welcome mats.

The POP tree was up and waiting for me to take a picture.

Upon my arrival in the food court, I realized I wasn’t really starving and just wanted something quick,
So I grabbed a pre-made turkey sub, a tie-dyed cheesecake, and a Rapid-Fill mug to take back to the room.

Amusingly, the cashier initially wasn't going to charge me for my mug, assuming I had already purchased it.
For some reason they took away the little plastic tab that they take off when you buy to show that very fact.
But I'm an honest person, so I paid, though I "may" have regretted that when I was charged the $17.99 "length of stay" rate.

A couple comments here.

While I had no issues at all with the mugs, I think the concept of a “refillable mug” where you have to wait a period of time between refills is just annoying.

And the “new” tie dyed cheesecake container… SUCKS!!!

Lets compare, shall we?

We went from this…

To THIS.

I know Disney has to make back some of the money spent on MyMagic+, but don’t do it at the expense of the tie dyed cheesecake.
That’s just wrong... And mean... And... Stupid.

Speaking of MyMagic+, the following was found in my room.

For those who don’t want to read it, I’ll paraphrase…

“We are currently testing MyMagic+ and you will LIKE IT whether you want to or not because we spent a crapload of money.
We appreciate your feedback
And encourage you to take out any frustrations you may have on the innocent CM’s on the front line who actually had nothing to do with it.
They enjoy it… Really they do.
We in management would prefer not hear about it directly as we are currently busy calculating our bonus cheques.”

After eating, but before calling it a night, I ventured outside just to see what I could see from my floor.
Just a few doors down, I fell in love with this window with all the various Mickey heads each with a Holiday greetings in many different languages.

One Mickey head in particular caught my attention with the inscription, “Do You DIS? - www .disboards.com.”
I thought that was pretty awesome.

Another few steps show the location right beside the stairs. That would be Classic Hall right there on the left.

A turn and a view across the lake at AoA.

And just around the corner was Bowling Pin Pool.

I returned to my room to settle in for the night, still Stacey-less, and prepare for an early morning.

When I wake up, it would be my birthday, and there was only one way I was going to start my birthday trip.

UP NEXT… "YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO WISH UPON A STAR"
Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #129
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay updates!! Awwe, thank you for the friendship too! And as if you’ve only been on the boards for 9 months! It seems so much longer than that lol!!

Yay for getting both your requests, and having a birthday button that wouldn’t fade/rub off, it’s always great to have that!!

Oh no!!! As IF STACEY WAS GONE!! I hope the tv got fixed pretty quick, I had a broken tv at CSR last year! Looks like a pretty good start to a night, minus that though. I did notice the tie dye cheesecake was changed in Oct, made me sad, but I guess I’ve moved on from that love lol!

Excited to read all about this

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #130
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Okay so first of all great pics. The pics of Pop at night were so pretty. But, I love most of Disney at night.

Soooo based on your last trip repot I was so planning to try that cheesecake but now ughhhh not really. That was just a cheat after the first piece.

I can't believe the wifey was missing from the TV. And your reaction...DH gave me the crazy face because I was lmao at that one.

Yeah, I swooned over a Christmas tree...what can I say. I still have my birthday button from Aug on display in my house right now.

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #131
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Happy New Year!!

Awesome room location! Room 3456.. how neat is that? But that totally stinks that the tv wasn't working and you couldn't watch Stacey! Bummer!

I love the Pop Christmas tree!

I'm not sure if I like the new refillable mug system either.

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #132
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!

Rob,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

You gotta warn a sista, before including reactions like that in your TR

I'm recovering from back surgery and after seeing your reaction to the wifey not being on TV, almost lost stitches due to breaking out in laughter
the entire family ran in here to see why I was laughing, crying + saying ouch and help me at the same time

OMG! I also now need a new laptop, since this one has been spewed on with water

YOU ARE CRAZY!!

Luv your TR... keep it coming
Old 01-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #133
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Love the room number! :good vibes

I was laughing at the first phrase in that note about My Magic+: "As you probably know by now" Yeah, we DISers have known about it for oh about 5 months!

And I agree with you, that cheesecake downsizing is pretty ridiculous.

How did you resist the urge to knock on that door with the window decoration that declared themselves as DISers? I would have been yelling "I DO DIS!"

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #134
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

Such a cliffhanger! Did you get Stacey back?!

Great chapter. Your Stacey meltdown had me laughing out loud or LOL as the kids call it. Looking forward to your day of birth celebration!
ElenaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #135
jash08
Mouseketeer

NO STACY????????????????????????? Oh man, what a shock to the system. She starts out EVERY vacation.

We love the Pop. We have always been placed in a room by Baloo. The down grade in cheesecake is RIDICULOUS. That just looks cheap. As much as everything else costs (and I pay it gladly), you could at least get a whole piece of cheesecake.

I can tell that this report is getting good!

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

jash08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: