Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #106
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Hi Rob! I fell off the face of the DIS for awhile, but I am back and on board for your new report! Now going back to catch up!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #107
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I love travel day!! ) so exciting!

We have only flown in one time ( Sept 12- when we took my mom)... MCO is one beautiful sight! And even the buses sitting there waiting to whisk you off.... Ahhhh.... Love it!
Oh it's the best Marcie, The BEST!! So much excitement for what's to come.

Aww I bet that's a really special memory. It really is pretty AND to see those buses waiting to take people to the Magical place, some for the first time, is really emotional... even if you're not using them yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Love the chairs.
I have been on propeller planes that size. Scary!
Nice shot of Metlife Stadium.
We just rented a car this past trip for the first time and will always get one now just to have it.
Great update and pics.
Aren't they pretty!!! I loved them too.

YIKES. That WOULD be scary.

Ahh Thanks!! I was excited about it for some reason. I guess I just thought it was cool.

Glad you enjoyed the rental. It really does give a bit more flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Great travel day!! Despite being a somewhat nervous flyer, I actually do enjoy the puddle-jumpers --- I feel like the view you get keeps me occupied!

Side note --- NS is on our shortlist of places to visit someday soon!!
That is true Julie. Plus I got my own row which made for a pretty comfortable flight.

Ah that's so cool. Of course you are most welcome here anytime. We love visiters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Sweet! You're trip is underway!

Not a big fan of those small planes especially when I have to board them from the tarmac like it's 1965! That happens quite a bit at our two major airports here in DC.

Love Dollar Express and being able to just walk straight to my assigned car.

Indeed it is!

Thankfully, we did not have to board from the outside, but I have done that in the past.

Dollar Express is fantastic (and free) and easy. Anything that avoids a line is wonderful in my book. It's like a Fastpass!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #108
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
You have officially started your trip report. Yay!
I have indeed Tina! And now that the mundane travel part is done and dusted, we can finally get on with Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
you have arrived in Orlando without trouble! Perhaps not as early as you would have liked, but better late than never!

Love the picture of Met Life Stadium from the plane!

I did not know that you have not been on, or even seen, the Magical Express desk! The only time we had baggage pickup in Terminal A was on the middle school class trip. We got our bags and then everyone started looking around for the ME desk.

"Ahem, everyone! We are in TERMINAL A ! ME is in TERMINAL B people!!!

The first incident of that trip where the group didn't listen to my advice.

Sounds to me like it is still early enough to experience some Disney magic.

It's the best feeling in the world Dee. And since I knew it would be later in the day, not so bad. Plus, I was actually ahead of schedule.

AHH I thought that was so cool too!

Nope never. Never ridden it, never seen it. But it was AWESOME to finally do that. It just felt... right.

Hmm... maybe a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Great start to your trip! I'm glad all the travel went smoothly. And you even got to spend a brief moment in my neck of the woods, nice pic of Met Life Stadium!
Yes, the travel went VERY well, thankfully. Haha, I remember talking to you about Newark Liberty on your TR. Terminal C is just SO MUCH nicer than A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I've been on one of those teeny planes before, too. Yikes.

Being at MCO (er, arriving there) is the greatest feeling, isn't it? Well, not quite as great as arriving on property/your resort/each park for the first time, but it's up there. Hahahahaha.

Yayyyy can't wait for more!
Hehe, it was tiny, but oddly comfortable... once you got out of the tiny aisles.

It really is amazing! I like it because it's familiar PLUS EVERYTHING is ahead of you. It's the best feeling there is I think.

YAY!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #109
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCoasters View Post
Yikes, small planes freak me out! I love most rides, but the little planes just do not work for me. Glad you made it safe and sound! Arriving at MCO is always so exciting!

Also, I love that cat gif. Makes me laugh out loud!
Thankfully they don't bother me. I knew going in that it was going to be a small plane. At least I had my own row. And YES, arriving at MCO is just the best!

Haha Thank you!! It makes me laugh too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Glad you've started your report, Rob! I've flown out of Halifax a bunch of times but never on a plane that small. I actually hate travel day but I think I would hate it even more if I had a stopover somewhere. On our 2012 trip to WDW, going through the US Customs area, I had an orange in my back pack. I thought once I passed through Customs I would still be in Canada but they didn't think that way at all! For me, when I board the Magical Express bus is when I start to feel that I've finally arrived.
And I am glad you're here reading. I wish I didn't have to do the stopover scenerio, but there's just no other choice apart from the Spring. Yup, once you Pre-Clear, you're pretty much an American.
Yeah, I can totally get that even though I've never actually done it myself (ride DME).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Hi Rob! I fell off the face of the DIS for awhile, but I am back and on board for your new report! Now going back to catch up!
YAY Lauren!! Now I can officially welcome you BACK to the DIS. So wonderful to have you here again.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #110
jash08
Mouseketeer

I love MCO! I agree, there needs to be a Mickey at every airport. I will be boarding a plane in 31 days and I cannot wait! I always have my face against the window so I can see the first palm trees as we taxi to gate. It is a compulsion.

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

jash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:37 AM   #111
RDawn
Mouseketeer

Happy Belated Birthday Rob! I found your TR through Brenda's last TR & am happy to see a pic with you & Brenda & Em. I also want to complement you on your wise decision to marry Stacy. My husband is the love of my life, but he does not share my deep devotion to WDW. He has unusual ideas about vacationing at other places. It's crazy, but I love him! These trip reports help me get through my Disney withdrawal. Thank you for sharing your trip.

2 trips in High School, off property
WL villas, 2012
RDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #112
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I feel exactly the way you do about traveling. I don't feel at ease until I'm in MCO. The way back I could hardly care, but going down I just want to make sure I'll get to Disney in time to do everything I have planned! After my August trip flight was super delayed and I almost had to spend the night in Detroit, I dread waiting for my plane and especially layovers. But this time, that tree in MCO was a fantastic welcome! The perfect way to get me into the holiday spirit!

I hope you had a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #113
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Puddle jumper is right that would scare me more than the actual flight!

We always rent a car too, unless of course we drive. We just aren't patient enough for the buses and never had good bus mojo.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #114
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
I love MCO! I agree, there needs to be a Mickey at every airport. I will be boarding a plane in 31 days and I cannot wait! I always have my face against the window so I can see the first palm trees as we taxi to gate. It is a compulsion.
Could not agree more with everything you said. I am absolutely a palm tree addict, so I totally get that compulsion as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawn View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Rob! I found your TR through Brenda's last TR & am happy to see a pic with you & Brenda & Em. I also want to complement you on your wise decision to marry Stacy. My husband is the love of my life, but he does not share my deep devotion to WDW. He has unusual ideas about vacationing at other places. It's crazy, but I love him! These trip reports help me get through my Disney withdrawal. Thank you for sharing your trip.
Thank you so much and it is my pleaseure to welcome you here. I am pleased to say I had many meets with Brenda on this trip, so there's much more to come. Haha, yes, Stacey is indeed perfect. I always have a hard time comprehending vacationing elsewhere. Like, why go somewhere else when WDW is so perfect, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I feel exactly the way you do about traveling. I don't feel at ease until I'm in MCO. The way back I could hardly care, but going down I just want to make sure I'll get to Disney in time to do everything I have planned! After my August trip flight was super delayed and I almost had to spend the night in Detroit, I dread waiting for my plane and especially layovers. But this time, that tree in MCO was a fantastic welcome! The perfect way to get me into the holiday spirit!

I hope you had a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Exactly Becky!!! Heck, you can strand me in Disney if you like, lol. But don't make me wait to get there any longer than I have to. OMG, I remember your ordeal. It's those types of things that make me nervous, especially with connecting flights.

Ahh me too. I loved seeing that tree (even if it wasn't a palm tree like it should be).

Thank you, I did. And of course I hope you did as well. And a Very Happy New Year too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Puddle jumper is right that would scare me more than the actual flight!

We always rent a car too, unless of course we drive. We just aren't patient enough for the buses and never had good bus mojo.
Haha, it actually wasn't that bad... but it was tiny!

Me too, always! I just like the convenience (or at least the option) if I don't feel like busing it.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #115
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

I'm weird... I actually prefer the little puddle jumper planes to the giant (okay, normal sized) ones. Probably because Hollywood doesn't usually make airplane thriller movies based on 30-seaters. Haha.

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #116
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Haha, you sound exactly like me when it comes to travel day! I always want the earliest flight, I couldn't care less about sleeping, my Disney trips usually start with me waking up at 2 am to drive to the airport! And no, I'm not comfortable either until I'm on the fake monorail with my luggage...preferably in my rental car, on the way to Disney! I'm just an anxious mess until that happens!

Wow, that tiny plane kind of scares me! I don't know why, but I just feel safer in the bigger planes, which is probably stupid, because I'm sure it doesn't make a difference!

I love how everyone has to take a picture of the airport tree when they land! I was in Disney from 11/30-12/4 (so our dates actually overlapped by a day...and I was staying at Pop!) and I had to get a picture of the Christmas tree...my husband thinks it's ridiculous, but I don't care, it's a sign that your trip has started!

Can't wait to read more!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #117
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Yay you are on your way! Boo for bad flight options but at least you got in with no issues. And landed in terminal B! Woohoo!

Seeing the magical express brings so much joy, doesn't it? Inside you're screaming I'M HERE!!!! & you're trying to play it cool on the outside. It's just so fun.
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #118
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

I'm here--- albeit late, looking forward to catching up!!! Happy New Year!!!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #119
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
I'm weird... I actually prefer the little puddle jumper planes to the giant (okay, normal sized) ones. Probably because Hollywood doesn't usually make airplane thriller movies based on 30-seaters. Haha.
Haha, now that is a good point. It'd be a pretty dull thriller otherwise. They definitely have their benefits, especially when flying alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Haha, you sound exactly like me when it comes to travel day! I always want the earliest flight, I couldn't care less about sleeping, my Disney trips usually start with me waking up at 2 am to drive to the airport! And no, I'm not comfortable either until I'm on the fake monorail with my luggage...preferably in my rental car, on the way to Disney! I'm just an anxious mess until that happens!

Wow, that tiny plane kind of scares me! I don't know why, but I just feel safer in the bigger planes, which is probably stupid, because I'm sure it doesn't make a difference!

I love how everyone has to take a picture of the airport tree when they land! I was in Disney from 11/30-12/4 (so our dates actually overlapped by a day...and I was staying at Pop!) and I had to get a picture of the Christmas tree...my husband thinks it's ridiculous, but I don't care, it's a sign that your trip has started!

Can't wait to read more!
Bang on!! It actually felt SO WEIRD to be leaving in the afternoon and not heading to the airport in the wee hours on no sleep. Just weird. Thank GOD I'm not the only one who doesn't relax until I'm there with luggage in hand. The it's ALLLLLLL relaxing.

I think it does give the impression of less safety, but it's really not bad at all. Having yor own row, I would defintiely be happy with that the whole flight.

OMG it's absolutely necessary. Like it should be a Stacey must do.

YAY!!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #120
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
Yay you are on your way! Boo for bad flight options but at least you got in with no issues. And landed in terminal B! Woohoo!

Seeing the magical express brings so much joy, doesn't it? Inside you're screaming I'M HERE!!!! & you're trying to play it cool on the outside. It's just so fun.
YAY INDEED!!! I can't really complain too much as we do have a fair amount of options from here, albeit connecting. But this was the only one reasonably priced (from here) that had what I consider a good layover time. Too short, you're screwed. Too long, you're bored and ANXIOUS. This one set a nice balance. PLUS, since I ended up staying an extra day over my original plan, a later travel day wasn't all bad.

Haha, so very true Jennifer. Although I may not have played it as cool as I might like, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
I'm here--- albeit late, looking forward to catching up!!! Happy New Year!!!
There's no such thing as too late. This one had barely started. I'm just delighted to welcome you back. And honestly, there's not much to catch up on yet, so it's even better. And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: