Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #91
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Yeah, the actual report started!

Oh, and it might just be because I just woke up and am not fully functional yet, but I am still giggling at the "No bueno (vistoa)"

I think, at least for us northerners, one of the reasons the MCO airport seems like more than an airport is the palm trees inside the airport ... like I am sure you didn't see any in Newark ... lovely metropolis that it is.

Oh, and I tend to get a lot of small planes for work travel, so yours seemed fiarly normal sized to me. Once had a 12 seat TOTAL place from New York to Toronto ... there was no flight attendant - the co-pilot just turned around and addressed us as "Lady and Gentlemen" (there was literally one woman on the flight) and gave us the safety spiel ... now that was a small plane

Can't wait for more!
Haha, FINALLY!! I figured I'd wait until after Christmas to start talking about a Christmas trip. Makes sense... right?

Ahhh THANK YOU!! My first Disney reference of the TR! I had to get in something early in the first update, subtle though it was.

You know, you're right. There were no palm trees in Newark. Of course there IS one in my apartment. But you're absolutely correct. The palm trees are fabulous. LOVE THEM!!

WOW that IS a small plane. YIKES!! But pretty comical too. It's true, the plane wasn't that small, just small in relation to the jumbos from Newark to MCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I've also tried to get in touch with the Scientist people, in my case about a money tree that grows $100 bills so I can put that money toward more Disney trips. This is 2013, you'd think we'd be there at this point. Oh well, 2014 is just around the corner!!

I think you made the right choice. A four hour layover would have been agony on the way to Disney.

That chair is beautiful!

I LOVED that tree in MCO and I don't think I ever got a picture, so I'm glad to see yours!

Great start Rob!! I am looking forward to your reunion with Stacey, Pop, and all things WDW.
Keep on that Courtney. I mean, money is made from paper and paper from trees, so they MUST be close.

OMG I agree. It wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't alone, but it's pretty boring otherwise. PLUS, Newark Liberty doesn't have free wi-fi which is ridiculous in 2013.

Isn't it precious? I just thought it was so cute and deserved a shout out.

It was so pretty and a wonderful reminder of what was yet to come.

Thanks Courtney. Coming up next update (with a minor glitch in the procedings... dum dum DUMMMMM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
You know, it's almost 2014. If we can take pictures with a pair of glasses, we should be able to teleport. I'm just sayin'...

Whew, that sounds like a tiny plane. Glad it wasn't a terribly long flight.

And I agree, having a car at Disney is nice. I don't think I could ever rely strictly on the buses.
Exactly! I don't understand why this is not a priority. People need to get to WDW quicker.

It was pretty small, but thankfully a smooth run. Actually it was very smooth.

Totally. A lot of people don't get that. I enjoy the buses (and did use them on occasion), but the freedom a car brings just can't be denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Yay you're that much closer!!!
SO CLOSE!! I can't wait to get the actual Disney part started. Thankfully, that's up next.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #92
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow, ancient airplane travel huh? That stinks.

Ugh, I absolutely hate connections, I'm totally with you there. The layover time is key. It can't be too long, otherwise it's unbearable! I'm actually a fan of late arrivals, because I like to start my first day fresh and early.

I wouldn't call you guys simple people. But you are most definitely nice!

Puddle jumper! I've never been on one, but my Dad jokes about them all the time and tells me I don't want to be on one.

Giant slingshot, nice theory!

Listen....you were in Newark....that explains the bus. Hahaha.

Wait.....

Hold up....

You've never seen the ME desk?!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #93
deedee2177
Disney Darling

You think your travel is ancient?? Our travel involves a thing called a car which we sit in for about 9 hours until I see the glorious Disney signs!!

Our upcoming trip involves a mini-van with 2 Grandmas along for the ride. My DH has promised me a Disney Date Night while we are there...I will definitely need it!

I have flown on the puddle jumpers and I honestly don't mind them as long as I am on the single row

I agree with renting a car, even if we did fly down there I would want to rent a car as well. I like having the option, especially with kids it's good to have the option to leave when you want!

Looking forward to the next update!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #94
alice21
Earning My Ears

Yay it starts!, I wuv travel day, so much to look forward to.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #95
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, ancient airplane travel huh? That stinks.

Ugh, I absolutely hate connections, I'm totally with you there. The layover time is key. It can't be too long, otherwise it's unbearable! I'm actually a fan of late arrivals, because I like to start my first day fresh and early.

I wouldn't call you guys simple people. But you are most definitely nice!

Puddle jumper! I've never been on one, but my Dad jokes about them all the time and tells me I don't want to be on one.

Giant slingshot, nice theory!

Listen....you were in Newark....that explains the bus. Hahaha.

Wait.....

Hold up....

You've never seen the ME desk?!
Haha yes it does

Oh me too. I can generally live with them, but my biggest gripe is the extra variables it adds to a trip. You have to consider the weather in an extra place, the extra potential for delays, etc. And I am not really good at long layovers, ESPECIALLY in an airport with no Wi-Fi. That's interesting that you like late arrivals. But I get your reasoning, which is exactly how this one was for me. Fresh and REALLY early start on the first full day.

Haha, THANKS!

Honestly they're not that bad. But I'll tell you when you first walk on it REALLY looks tiny as the aisle is very narrow. Though I was on one years ago from Boston back home (after a Disney trip of course) that you would have LOVED. There were so few people on the plane that they gave me an endless supply of BEER!! For FREE!!! It was awesome. Lets just say it was good I wasn't driving after we landed.

Ha, I thought it was one possibility!

Well now that is a good point. I've connected in Newark before so it wasn't a surprise but I still find it strange considering you're still considered in a secure area. It just doesn't seem very secure to me.

I KNOW!!!!! In all these years I've NEVER seen it. In fact I've never been on that side of the terminal before. I always seem to land in "A". I made it an absolute point to stop by this time. I figured it was only right considering how many people get lost trying to find it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
You think your travel is ancient?? Our travel involves a thing called a car which we sit in for about 9 hours until I see the glorious Disney signs!!

Our upcoming trip involves a mini-van with 2 Grandmas along for the ride. My DH has promised me a Disney Date Night while we are there...I will definitely need it!

I have flown on the puddle jumpers and I honestly don't mind them as long as I am on the single row

I agree with renting a car, even if we did fly down there I would want to rent a car as well. I like having the option, especially with kids it's good to have the option to leave when you want!

Looking forward to the next update!
I have actually done the drive to Disney before, but when I was a kid. That was a 3-4 day journey but I do remember it being kind of fun. 9 hours is a long trip though for sure.

Haha, yes, I would expect some alone time will be more than necessary by the end of that trek.

Gotta agree with you there. I did indeed make sure I had the single row and it was quite pleasant to not be crowded. I honestly wouldn't have minded that flight the whole way there because of that.

I'm so glad some of you understand my need for a car. It really is just nice to have the option even if you don't always use it. It really did help me out this trip, AND provided an unplanned special privilege which is yet to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice21 View Post
Yay it starts!, I wuv travel day, so much to look forward to.
Me too!!! Except for the travel part, lol. But it's the best feeling knowing that everything is still in front of you. It's only just begun.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #96
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I love travel day!! ) so exciting!

We have only flown in one time ( Sept 12- when we took my mom)... MCO is one beautiful sight! And even the buses sitting there waiting to whisk you off.... Ahhhh.... Love it!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #97
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Love the chairs.
I have been on propeller planes that size. Scary!
Nice shot of Metlife Stadium.
We just rented a car this past trip for the first time and will always get one now just to have it.
Great update and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #98
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Great travel day!! Despite being a somewhat nervous flyer, I actually do enjoy the puddle-jumpers --- I feel like the view you get keeps me occupied!

Side note --- NS is on our shortlist of places to visit someday soon!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #99
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Sweet! You're trip is underway!

Not a big fan of those small planes especially when I have to board them from the tarmac like it's 1965! That happens quite a bit at our two major airports here in DC.

Love Dollar Express and being able to just walk straight to my assigned car.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #100
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

You have officially started your trip report. Yay!

tinawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #101
natebenma
DIS Veteran

you have arrived in Orlando without trouble! Perhaps not as early as you would have liked, but better late than never!

Love the picture of Met Life Stadium from the plane!

I did not know that you have not been on, or even seen, the Magical Express desk! The only time we had baggage pickup in Terminal A was on the middle school class trip. We got our bags and then everyone started looking around for the ME desk.

"Ahem, everyone! We are in TERMINAL A ! ME is in TERMINAL B people!!!

The first incident of that trip where the group didn't listen to my advice.

Sounds to me like it is still early enough to experience some Disney magic.

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #102
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Great start to your trip! I'm glad all the travel went smoothly. And you even got to spend a brief moment in my neck of the woods, nice pic of Met Life Stadium!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #103
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I've been on one of those teeny planes before, too. Yikes.

Being at MCO (er, arriving there) is the greatest feeling, isn't it? Well, not quite as great as arriving on property/your resort/each park for the first time, but it's up there. Hahahahaha.

Yayyyy can't wait for more!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #104
DisneyCoasters
Earning My Ears

Yikes, small planes freak me out! I love most rides, but the little planes just do not work for me. Glad you made it safe and sound! Arriving at MCO is always so exciting!

Also, I love that cat gif. Makes me laugh out loud!

Disney Trips:
May 2014 - Boardwalk Mini-moon
Oct/Nov 2013 - Art of Animation
Jan 2010 - The Dolphin
Dec 2008/Jan 2009 - Pop Century
April 1993 - Caribbean Beach
DisneyCoasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #105
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Glad you've started your report, Rob! I've flown out of Halifax a bunch of times but never on a plane that small. I actually hate travel day but I think I would hate it even more if I had a stopover somewhere. On our 2012 trip to WDW, going through the US Customs area, I had an orange in my back pack. I thought once I passed through Customs I would still be in Canada but they didn't think that way at all! For me, when I board the Magical Express bus is when I start to feel that I've finally arrived.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining

Last edited by CdnBuzzFan; 12-30-2013 at 02:06 PM.
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: