Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #751
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

CHARACTER MEETS AND HOLIDAY TREATS, THAT'S WHAT MVMCP IS MADE OF
Day 4 – December 6, 2013 Part 3

I spent a solid hour at Be Our Guest which was a really nice break in really great surroundings.
It may not sound like much, but I am not usually one to spend that much time just eating, so to spend an hour was unusual for me.

I found myself drawn to the Hub after leaving BOG,
As I heard the familiar tune of "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)" coming from the stage.

Sure enough, there was Ne-Yo performing his hit single.

I only caught the very end, but it was still pretty cool.

I posted on Facebook,
”Just watched Neo perform in Magic Kingdom... No big deal”

Immediately after posting I realized my spelling error as it was Ne-Yo the R&B singer performing,
AND NOT, in fact, Keanu Reeves dodging slow motion bullets, although that would have been cool too.
And really not totally out of the realm of possibility since there is a White Rabbit around sometimes.

The performance was over, but it was fine, as it was time for my first FP+ of the day, the Christmas themed Jingle Cruise.

The FP line extended out to here, which was quite commonplace as the FP scanners are right at the entrance of the rides.

Of course, this can cause a bit of backlog since you have to stop and scan your band first before entering.
Once you get past that point though, the queue is generally pretty empty.
Hopefully Disney comes up with a better solution at some point because it really does create a lot of confusion.
It’s bad enough in a quieter time, but in the middle of July, this will really be a major problem unless it’s addressed.

Of course, I once again got the dreaded “blue” Mickey head, but thankfully the CM overrode again and I was let through.
The queue was adorned with some Christmas decorations for the occasion,
But most of them are blurry because there really was no line once you got passed the scanners so I was constantly in motion.

Once you got past the queue and the slightly re-themed boats, there wasn’t a whole lot different about the ride.
This was still the same, but then you can’t alter an icon without expecting some major backlash.

I really was expecting some Santa hats on the animals or something based on the advertising Disney had done,
But the only “Christmas” change came in the form of some of the jokes, and our good buddy Trader Sam who had a Christmas necklace on.

Overall, nothing significant to report here at all, but I least appreciate WDW doing something.

After departing my boat, it was now time for FP #2… Splash Mountain!!!!
But first I took a photo of the FP return for Big Thunder because, yeah, Disney needs to work on this stat.

The FP return line for Splash was non-existent however, which was great news.
The bad news is the line was non-existent because Splash was, once again as it seems to be so very often, broken.

Even the ever present "Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing some kind of commotion" announcement was completely garbled,
Like if you are listening to a song and your batteries are dying.
Despite the disappointment of no Splash, this did make me laugh... A LOT!

I was really in the mood to get my Splash on right now too, but, being the creative and resourceful person I am…

… I improvised.

And yes, I did indeed get quite a few weird looks as I stood there taking photos of a water fountain substituting for Splash Mountain,
But I was just thinking of you all and this very trip report, so the relative embarrassment was completely worth it.

I waited for a bit to see if maybe it would start up again, but honestly,
I get a little nervous riding after a breakdown for fear that it may go down again with me on it.
It’s not safety I’m concerned with though… it’s time.
I did not want to waste precious park time sitting in a log going nowhere.

Generally, if a ride is down during your FP time, you can use your pass on almost anything else,
But Disney had opted not to officially declare Splash down, so I didn’t get the automatic “anything else” option.
Eventually I just decided to go to one of the FP kiosks and changed my FP from Splash to Haunted Mansion myself.

It was right after that when I overheard a fellow guest refer to Splash as "Magic Mountain",
So obviously I did what any self respecting Disney fan would do under the same circumstances…

SHOOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!… (a very dirty look).

I was in Frontierland after all, and this is how things get settled in the Old West when dealing with stupid people.
After hiding the evidence in the Rivers of America, I moved on to my NEW FP+ attraction.

And, of course when I went to the entrance I got blue… Buuuuuuut, they let me through again, so no biggie.
Seriously, I had some VERY understanding FP CM’s this trip.

The FP line completely bypasses the interactive queue, but for now I was ok with it.
They even had a FP screen in the FP queue.

It was while I was waiting to enter the mansion that I saw one of the cutest and coolest things I have EVER seen.

There was this little boy and he had Mickey…

SHAVED ONTO HIS HEAD!!!

So, like any good upstanding Disney citizen, and again thinking only of all of you, I asked his mother if I could take a picture of it,

And she happily and thankfully obliged.

Easily one of the BEST Hidden Mickey’s of all time.

TO BE CONTINUED…
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #752
kellea04
Earning My Ears

Fab xx
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #753
katt789
DIS Veteran

Awe man, we were totally crossing through the hub at the same time!!! I remember hearing that song when we were on our way into CRT, but we were on the tomorrowland side! SO CLOSE lol.

Glad that fp+ wasn't too big of a problem for you, we managed to have a pretty good time too that week with ours!

Also, the whole "listing to a song and then your batteries start to die"…that's a sentence that there are people in this world who would have no clue what you're talking about…as music players nowadays don't run like that…and that's weird...

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #754
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Wow! What a cute head!

I love all the Christmas decorations in the queue for JC. I expected there to be more Christmas themes too, to be honest. Not that I saw it, except for in your pictures!

I loved at your Splash improv... good job!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #755
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

What a bummer they didn't do more for the Jingle Cruise

You really lucked out with all the understanding CMs, but what was going on with your FPs?!

Ugh, Splash is ALWAYS closed!!!!!

Super AWESOME hidden Mickey! I wonder if my son would let me do that on his head... hmmm
2 Princesses and a Prince visit for the fisrt time ~ April 2014
April 2014 PTR

Jennifer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #756
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

SO cool that you got to see Ne-Yo, Rob! Although I do wish he had picked something a bit more Christmassy, but oh well.

Santa hats on the animals would have been so cool! Yeah, I was expecting a new spiel and more details, but it was still fun.

The question is, can I get FP+ for that water fountain?

So glad to hear that the FP+ CMs were so understanding!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #757
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

We spent quite a bit of time in BOG too, just taking in the atmosphere. It's a beautiful place to spend some time!
That's really cool that you got to see Ne-Yo performing.
I can't say I was a big fan of the Jingle Cruise. It felt to me like they could have done so much more with it.
Omg those FP+ lines! Whoa! I hope they can do something to make them more efficient or something.
BOOOO Spash being down, love your improvisation though.
Jeeez, blue Mickey heads all around for you. Not cool, but glad you had all kinds of understanding CMs!
Speaking of Mickey heads...
OMG that little boy's haircut is the best thing ever!!!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #758
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

I really love that castle picture with all the confetti or snow or whatever it is. Very cool to look at!

What a cool kid! That is awesome!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #759
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

That kid's Mickey head was awesome!! Thankfully we never saw the lines for FPP returns like those long ones! Whew! Crazy!! I did think the Jingle Jungle Cruise was cute...even just on the surface, I did appreciate the effort as well! Splash in the water fountain ...hilarious!!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #760
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Very cute hidden mickey!!!

Were the crowds bad around the hub with the taping going on? We almost went to the park on a taping day in 2010, but opted to go elsewhere for fear of the crowds.

Bummer that Splash was out of order.

Double bummer that the Jingle Cruise wasn't more holiday specific and special.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #761
stinkerbell007
Let me at that mouse! Meow!!

Location: In my little castle in Maryland - married to a Prince!

Okay, Rob, you lucked out with the Jingle Cruise. Or maybe I should just say that I really did NOT luck out. I was able to squeeze in a one-day trip at the beginning of December, and we went on the Jingle Cruise. I was so excited. I could hear the audio of one of the female skippers approaching. I had heard her on one of the awesome early recordings (on YouTube maybe?) and recognized her as one of the very funny ones. Howeevvveerrr, ugh. What we got was one of the very worst skippers I have ever had. Ever. And I have had many! (wacka wacka, yuck yuck yuck). But really, he was so terrible. No excitement. EXTREMELY monotone. No jokes. It was so, so sad. Because I know how awesome that attraction can be with the right skipper. The good skippers create the receptive passengers, and then it just becomes a great trip.

sigh. Next time, I guess. Well, I hope!

Anyhoo, carry on, my friend.

Linda

I really need a new ticker.
stinkerbell007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:37 AM   #762
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I always wonder how wise it is to ride an attraction after a breakdown. I still do it, but it doesn't seem wise

Cute mickey in that little boy's hair! I love it when people really get into their trips!

Jingle cruise sounds disappointing. You have a great attitude about it!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:07 AM   #763
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Darn! You had to create your own alternate Splash experience. The only down side is no ride photo! Well, that and no plunge, and missing the zippity do da song...

I anticipated more from the Jingle Cruise since it was a little misleading that the queue was decorated, and then the boats re-named and then.... nada. Not a whole lot of difference for the ride experience. Oh well, I still enjoy that ride.

That's kid's Mickey head shaved on his head... So cool! So are you considering that look for your next trip?
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #764
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

I just love "Splash Fountain"!!!
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #765
amazingact21
Upendi

That is one dedicated Disney fan right there.

At least you're the ever-optimist, Rob, and created your very own Splash Mountain. It looks like you'd have less chanc of getting soaked, which I would be happy with.

But man oh man, what the other guests were probably thinking.
"Has that man never seen a water fountain before? Where is he from? Children, do you see how lucky you have it? This man came all the way to Disney World and he got to see a water fountain for the first time!"

I think it's a tradition that on every person's visit to WDW, Splash be broken down at some point. They really need to extend their refurb from a few months in winter and do a majoy overhaul like they did on Thunder a few years ago.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: