Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #1906
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Awww, how awesome of Courtney to send you those pictures! She's great, she sent me one on Instagram too.

Of course you were so enthralled with the violin guy. I mean, what else could you possibly have been watching during the show in Morocco?

I've made the fatal mistake of buying a frozen coke before planning on getting into One Man's Dream. And then getting completely turned away. DENIED!

Did you enjoy the drink at least?

My heart just melted. Riley was asking for you.

That story about the little girl looking behind her and sitting down is just awesome. That means her parents are doing a great job teaching her how to be polite.

I just loved everything about this update. Some people really are worth melting for.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #1907
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh Rob!!! Just precious! What a guy!!
Reminds me of one of my favorites...
" If there ever comes a day when we must be apart, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever"...

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #1908
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh Rob there are definitely some people worth melting for - AND giving up your beloved Wishes. How completely precious!

I can't wait to hear all about your surprise visit and more photos!!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #1909
leftaslide
NW GA. DDC #751

Can't believe we're almost to the end of another TR....it's been great. Can we somehow just figure out how to make going to WDW and writing TR's your full time job? What am I going to do while I wait on your next trip? It's your TR's that inspired me to do my first PTR and I hope to do a full TR after my September trip. Please forgive me if my layout is similar to yours. They just look good that way! Thanks for the great reading. Looking forward excitedly and sadly for the end.

Dragging the Kids Back to WDW, a Sept. 2014 PTR!
leftaslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:15 PM   #1910
leftaslide
NW GA. DDC #751

Dragging the Kids Back to WDW, a Sept. 2014 PTR!

Last edited by leftaslide; 07-21-2014 at 11:20 PM.
leftaslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #1911
CaseFace5
Mouseketeer

Hi Rob

I haven't been on the boards for a while but I'm back and caught up! You are such a sweet guy and Riley is so lucky to have spent some time in Disney with you!

So sad that this report is almost done! When is your next trip so we can get another installment??
CaseFace5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:05 AM   #1912
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

So, Rob -- how was your weekend just now? Looking forward to reading about your reunion.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #1913
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
So I started reading this TR some time ago, and I have finally caught up to the current day, and it is going to end!

HOWEVER, I can say that I loved reading every update. You must plan a new trip and then write another TR so that I can get onboard from the very beginning. I mean, that's a good reason to take a WDW trip, right????
Well first, THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading and WELCOME!!!! It's close to ending, BUT, there is an upcoming intermission, so not too soon.

Thank you again. I really really appreciate that. I do have a potential trip planned (in my head anyway) and another besides that, so hopefully many more TR's to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Aww, I almost cried reading this update! So sweet that Riley wanted to see you again, and what a perfect reason to miss Wishes! And hey, Illuminations is just as good...totally different than Wishes, but just as amazing!

Ahh the Gran Fiesta Tour! Seriously one of my favorite attractions I think, there's just something so Epcot about it!

I love that sweet little girl who sat down so people could see behind her, you really don't see that much in Disney!
Hehe, well I admit that was sort of planned Jen. There is not much that I would skip Wishes for, that's for sure. This was super easy. Illuminations is not a bad substitute either. You're quite right.

I really did enjoy it. Of course, the company didn't hurt.

Oh me too. It was such a sweet thing to see. I will never forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePin Princess View Post
Hi Rob! I'm all caught up and it's so sad that you birthday-Christmas extravaganza is coming to an end, I can't wait to read about your final night and final day in the World!
Hi Grace. I'm sad as well. This really was my favourite trip ever and I hate to see it end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Okay, totally going a little sappy right here, I apologize. Your update had me tearing up at the end, Rob. Such a sweet ending to the night with a great message that encompassed the beauty of the DIS. Nobody has described the TR threads better. (Or had a better picture to prove it.)
And I gotta say, your update was the perfect thing to read tonight. I've been away from the DIS for a few weeks now, and since Alex has left I was feeling a little sad this evening. I figured reading some stories about Disney was just the thing I needed to cheer me up. And your update did exactly that. It reminded me that Disney is so much more than a theme park. And these boards are so much more than a place to talk about one's vacation. Thanks for that.

I think watching IllumiNations on your last night was a wonderful choice. If anything, it wasn't what you expected. And aren't those unplanned game changers some of the best times?
Alicia, sappy is totally acceptable here. Believe me, I tear up at that all the time even still. And I'm going through that same withdrawal now. It was a perfect ending (though not quite over) to the night for sure. Bitter-sweet to say the least.
Awww Alicia, that is so sweet. My God, you're gonna make me cry. Oh wait... too late. Disney is very much more than a "theme park". I'm so glad that there is a place like this to share those stories and experiences. And even more grateful for the people here (like you) to share those stories with.

Honestly, it was perfect. Carrie really loves Illuminations, and while I still love Wishes more, there is no way it could have topped that evening. No Way!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #1914
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Awww, how awesome of Courtney to send you those pictures! She's great, she sent me one on Instagram too.

Of course you were so enthralled with the violin guy. I mean, what else could you possibly have been watching during the show in Morocco?

I've made the fatal mistake of buying a frozen coke before planning on getting into One Man's Dream. And then getting completely turned away. DENIED!

Did you enjoy the drink at least?

My heart just melted. Riley was asking for you.

That story about the little girl looking behind her and sitting down is just awesome. That means her parents are doing a great job teaching her how to be polite.

I just loved everything about this update. Some people really are worth melting for.
Oh my goodness Danielle, it genuinely made my day. I love that she sent you one too. So incredibly thoughtful.

Exactly. He was so charismatic.

Just the worst feeling. I'd be a little more ok doing that for One Man's Dream ONLY because it's not as time sensitive. I would have thrown it out if it was the last Voices show of the day.

I did, despite the straw. It's quite yummy. Plus because the next show was a little away, I got to really enjoy it.

Mine too. God, I get so teary thinking about that moment. That one just completely stole my heart.

It really was awesome too. I was just so shocked, impressed, and touched my it. Just wonderful.

Awww thanks Danielle. I have been itching to post it for so long too. She is absolutely worth melting for. And having just seen them again makes reliving it even more special and hard at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Ahhhh Rob!!! Just precious! What a guy!!
Reminds me of one of my favorites...
" If there ever comes a day when we must be apart, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever"...
Thanks Marcie.

OK, now I'm crying. I love that quote. Just beautiful and so very appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh Rob there are definitely some people worth melting for - AND giving up your beloved Wishes. How completely precious!

I can't wait to hear all about your surprise visit and more photos!!!
So very true Brenda. I still feel so bad since we had talked about seeing Wishes that night too. There is nothing else that would have dragged me away, but I just had to go. That final moment will forever be part of me. But, you know the night didn't end there...

Hopefully I will get that prepared really soon. In the mean time, I hope you and Em have a WONDERFUL visit in World!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftaslide View Post
Can't believe we're almost to the end of another TR....it's been great. Can we somehow just figure out how to make going to WDW and writing TR's your full time job? What am I going to do while I wait on your next trip? It's your TR's that inspired me to do my first PTR and I hope to do a full TR after my September trip. Please forgive me if my layout is similar to yours. They just look good that way! Thanks for the great reading. Looking forward excitedly and sadly for the end.
Thanks Jake. Oh my would I ever love THAT job! Hopefully the next trip isn't too far away. Wow, I'm so honoured that you said that. THANK YOU!!! I'm so sorry that I haven't made it over to your PTR, but I will absolutely be joining in when you do the TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftaslide View Post
Right back at ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseFace5 View Post
Hi Rob

I haven't been on the boards for a while but I'm back and caught up! You are such a sweet guy and Riley is so lucky to have spent some time in Disney with you!

So sad that this report is almost done! When is your next trip so we can get another installment??
Well hello right back at ya!!

So glad to welcome you back. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for all your kind words. Believe me, it is I who is the lucky one in that relationship. No question.

Aww thanks. Well, I do have the mini Niagara TR coming very soon (just have to get organized). AND, there may be another Disney trip as well. Still not for sure though, but maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuck001 View Post
So, Rob -- how was your weekend just now? Looking forward to reading about your reunion.
Overall it was great. But WAY too short. I will have all the stories coming up soon though.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #1915
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Rob once the kids are in bed I will upload you the pics! ( of course we're watching Big Brother first lol)

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #1916
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice parade pics.
LOL about Brenda starting her trin 2016.
I don’t think I have ever seen anyone sit for the show or the parade except for the one son the curb.
We were in Epcot this day but not till later.
Not familiar with whom you met.
I like Voices of Liberty but not a must do every trip but still enjoyable. Glad you liked them a lot.
Glad you did make it back for the final show.
Nice Illuminations pics.
I am all caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:46 AM   #1917
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Rob, I think only one word sums up this last update: wow. And now I'll add a bunch of these because they surely seem fitting as well

Your update had me tearing up... unbelievable what the Dis has done for us lucky Disers, isn't it?
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #1918
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
[COLOR="RED"]

Thanks Dani And as an added bonus, you didn't even really have to wait. And it absolutely was (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this) worth skipping Wishes.
I know! Clearly you posted that update just for me so I would not be left in suspense.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #1919
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Rob once the kids are in bed I will upload you the pics! ( of course we're watching Big Brother first lol)
Haha, I guess I can now say THANK YOU since I have them now, lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #1920
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice parade pics.
LOL about Brenda starting her trin 2016.
I don’t think I have ever seen anyone sit for the show or the parade except for the one son the curb.
We were in Epcot this day but not till later.
Not familiar with whom you met.
I like Voices of Liberty but not a must do every trip but still enjoyable. Glad you liked them a lot.
Glad you did make it back for the final show.
Nice Illuminations pics.
I am all caught up again.
Thank you Scott!
That's only if we're lucky.
You know, I don't even often see them sit on the curb.
Just missed again.
All DISers.
Oh my goodness, I LOVE them!!!! Definitely a must do for me.
Oh me too. As I said, I LOVE them.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Rob, I think only one word sums up this last update: wow. And now I'll add a bunch of these because they surely seem fitting as well

Your update had me tearing up... unbelievable what the Dis has done for us lucky Disers, isn't it?
Awww Tracy, I would never ever ever change that night. That was a Disney memory that will be hard to top.

Aww that's so sweet. I was too, believe me. I'm just in awe of the gifts the DIS has given me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
I know! Clearly you posted that update just for me so I would not be left in suspense.
Of course I did!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: