Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #151
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

That GIF had me laughing out loud! No Stacy?! Travesty!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #152
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Ahhhh No Stacey to greet you on your arrival home. That is just so wrong and awful and your gif gets it perfectly right.

Love your room number and the location of your room sounds perfect. Great idea on the tape over your name on the button (Thanks Lia). I am sure that protected it from getting soaked and therefore ruined on Maelstrom. Will have to remember that tip for my nieces birthday buttons.

The Tie Dye cheesecake is SO sad looking now. The picture from last time makes it look delicious. The little cup makes it look like you have some tie dye sherbert in a cup not a piece of cake.

Hopefully Stacey will be back soon and looking forward to the next update. Birthday Day!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #153
TruLovesKiss
Mouseketeer

3456!!!! Oh my, I would have died! That's just perfect

But no Stacey? NOOOOOO! That's just wrong!! I hope you get that fixed ASAP.

The new container for the tie-dye cheesecake makes it look like play doh!

What a fun window decoration. How neat would that be if whoever was staying in that room saw your post and commented!!

Rachel (32) ~ Joe (34) ~ Donovan (8) ~ Jorie (6) ~ Isla (4) ~ Bronwyn (2)

TruLovesKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #154
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hooooooraaaaay for your arrival! That room number is amazing. I wish I'd been in 50's when I stayed at Pop! That was my favorite section by far.

WHAT?!?!?!?! No Stacey?!? This isn't the first time I've heard about this happening recently! Not cool. And yeah, the tie-dyed cheesecake looks so lame now. Does it at least taste the same?

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #155
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm fairly certain that DD would insist on switching rooms if Stacey didn't work.

I've never had the tie-dyed cheesecake, but it has always looked great. The new container is less than appealing though. Disappointing.

Can't wait to hear about your birthday!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #156
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading your latest installment, Rob and Happy New Year! What are the odds on getting a room number like that?! From the selfie you took, it also looks like they were expecting a male occupant -- they left the seat up for you!

My thoughts exactly on the cheesecake. It's one of the things I look forward to having while we're at POP. Back in September, I couldn't believe what they had done to it. It's so small now and the red velvet cake part is almost non-existent.

I hope you got the Stacey issue resolved! Lookin' forward to reading more....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #157
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay updates!! Awwe, thank you for the friendship too! And as if you’ve only been on the boards for 9 months! It seems so much longer than that lol!!

Yay for getting both your requests, and having a birthday button that wouldn’t fade/rub off, it’s always great to have that!!

Oh no!!! As IF STACEY WAS GONE!! I hope the tv got fixed pretty quick, I had a broken tv at CSR last year! Looks like a pretty good start to a night, minus that though. I did notice the tie dye cheesecake was changed in Oct, made me sad, but I guess I’ve moved on from that love lol!

Excited to read all about this
Aww thanks Katt. It does feel a lot longer but it was officially in March. But then I was on here reading much longer before joining.

It was GREAT, Just an awesome location. I think I would try for there every time now. And the button trick was such a good idea. It's still in mint condition, and it's been through A LOT, lol.

I was NOT impressed. The TV itself worked fine, but the Stacey Channel showed "No Signal". Oddly a couple other Disney channels had the same issue. No problem with the DVC channel though. OMG, it actually made me laugh when saw that cheesecake. I initially thought it was just a sampler. I think I've had my last Tie-Dyed Cheesecake.

Yup, the next day is pretty important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl1975 View Post
Okay so first of all great pics. The pics of Pop at night were so pretty. But, I love most of Disney at night.

Soooo based on your last trip repot I was so planning to try that cheesecake but now ughhhh not really. That was just a cheat after the first piece.

I can't believe the wifey was missing from the TV. And your reaction...DH gave me the crazy face because I was lmao at that one.

Yeah, I swooned over a Christmas tree...what can I say. I still have my birthday button from Aug on display in my house right now.
Thanks Nikia. It really was pretty and completely different that my last entrance to POP since that was in the day.

Yeah, I was not impressed. It may be worth a try and still tastes the same, but it really is pretty meager in comparison. I really only got it because it seemed right to have on the first night at POP.

OMG I couldn't believe it either. Adding in the fact that I knew there was new footage only made it worse. I had heard of signal issues in the rooms before, but it was just AWFUL!! Glad you enjoyed the reaction though.

I just love how each place has their own unique tree. I saw a LOT of trees over the trip and it never got old. And my button will never go away. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Happy New Year!!

Awesome room location! Room 3456.. how neat is that? But that totally stinks that the tv wasn't working and you couldn't watch Stacey! Bummer!

I love the Pop Christmas tree!

I'm not sure if I like the new refillable mug system either.
Thank you Lauren. Happy New Year to you as well.

It was actually quite cool. Even though I joked about it, it really did make it easier to remember. Ugh, I couldn't believe that the channel was out. How are people to know what the Must Do's are???

Oh me Toooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's pretty lame. Again, I had no issues, but I just don't like the concept at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj View Post
Rob,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

You gotta warn a sista, before including reactions like that in your TR

I'm recovering from back surgery and after seeing your reaction to the wifey not being on TV, almost lost stitches due to breaking out in laughter
the entire family ran in here to see why I was laughing, crying + saying ouch and help me at the same time

OMG! I also now need a new laptop, since this one has been spewed on with water

YOU ARE CRAZY!!

Luv your TR... keep it coming
Thank you so much. Happy New Year to you!

Haha, they just show up randomly. Nothing I can do, lol.

Oh dear, I certainly wouldn't want THAT to happen. But I am glad you enjoyed my misery, lol.

Oh no, and it's SO LONG until you can ask Santa for a new one. Bummer.

Aww thank you SO MUCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Love the room number! :good vibes

I was laughing at the first phrase in that note about My Magic+: "As you probably know by now" Yeah, we DISers have known about it for oh about 5 months!

And I agree with you, that cheesecake downsizing is pretty ridiculous.

How did you resist the urge to knock on that door with the window decoration that declared themselves as DISers? I would have been yelling "I DO DIS!"
Haha, I really did too Dave. So easy to remember.

Ha, me too. Honestly though, if it wasn't for the DIS, we would be completely lost. Disney hasn't been that great at giving out info.

OMG seriously!! It was so sad and ridiculous it was actually funny. Apparently it's classed as pudding now, lol.

Oh God I wanted to. But if you notice the photo was off to the side. I didn't even want to take the photo head on for fear of disturbing the occupants (if they were even inside).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJane View Post
Such a cliffhanger! Did you get Stacey back?!

Great chapter. Your Stacey meltdown had me laughing out loud or LOL as the kids call it. Looking forward to your day of birth celebration!
Ohh stay tuned Elena!!

Ahh I'm so glad you all appreciated my meltdown, lol (as the kids call it). While it may have been a "slight" exaggeration, it wasn't that far from the truth sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
NO STACY????????????????????????? Oh man, what a shock to the system. She starts out EVERY vacation.

We love the Pop. We have always been placed in a room by Baloo. The down grade in cheesecake is RIDICULOUS. That just looks cheap. As much as everything else costs (and I pay it gladly), you could at least get a whole piece of cheesecake.

I can tell that this report is getting good!
I KNOWWWWWWW. I was devastated. WHY???? WHY No STACEY???? Forget about fixing MyMagic+... FIX THE TV!!!

I really love it there too. Just a lot of energy. It is cheap. No other word for it.

Awww I hope so!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #158
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Clark Griswald would be proud of the good time you made

Yeah! - for getting the upgrades you wanted!

Boo! - for no Stacey

I mean, I can't think of a single reason why she won't appear for you. No, not one reason .....

Hehe, thanks!

I LOVED the room location. Just LOVED it!

Boo is putting it mildly.

OK, throw THAT back at me Phil. You see, Stacey and I have an understanding that if Ariel wants to ride Splash, you let her. Also, in that ride photo, We were talking about Stacey at that moment as I believe I was telling Ariel that she was gonna get wet, so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hey Rob! My new Dis pal for which I can hopefully brag that I'm one of those amazing new friends! Ok, I do think so highly of myself yeah....

I will say that between the orange MB and the adorable Mickey ears "O" on your birthday button you are altogether ready to start celebrating. I did notice that your button was un-smeared the entire time. I thought you were touching it up at night as you were spending time with Stacy.

And speaking of Stacy.....Boo, no Stacey TV!!! I'm surprised you didn't get on the phone right away with maintenance to have them fix that post haste. Seriously a 911 if I've ever see one. And yes, your "reaction" is exactly what I would expect. No less.

I know your last TR had a mascot - not sure anyone remembers "Tammy" but I wonder if you'll have a new one for this trip?

Great wrap for Day 1.

Aww Brenda, not only are you one of those amazing new friends, you are one of my DIS besties as the kids say.

I love that band. Just LOVE it. AND I also adore my button. The celebration... Is... On! Totally un-smeared. It's a genius idea that I never would have though of. Haha, nope, no need for any touch ups at all.

Oh God, how could they do that to me? Just not cool. I've since found out that there is another Stacey channel on there but with Spanish subtitles. Still in English though. I could have absolutely lived with that. This was just... wrong. And yup, sadly that reaction is pretty accurate.

Haha, I of course DO remember Tammy. I'll have to give that some thought for this one. Since I didn't use the wrong facilities this trip (though yes as you know, I almost did), I'm not sure what would fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
I agree with Brenda...I'm surprised there wasn't an instant call made to get the No Stacey TV turned into All Stacey All the Time
You know, if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't know why either. I know that was my first instinct, but after my tantrum, I guess I just got hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I am shocked that you didn't have a conniption over the lack of Stacey TV. That's just a travesty!

Also a travesty is the lame tie dyed cheesecake! What....the....mark.....(I may or may not use random words when I can't use the one I'm truly thinking of....). That's just unfortunate. And sad. That's barely enough tie dye to color your tongue with!
Well, I kinda did, lol. My thought was it was just a minor short term signal issue. Stay tuned.

Oh believe me, I can definitely fill in the blank. I was shocked!!! I kept looking around the cooler thinking this must be something different and the REAL Tie Dyed cheesecake was there... somewhere. But nope, this was it. Sadly, my last one ever. It was like two bites and gone. A total joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
Happy New Year, Rob!

I'm surprised you didn't get someone up there immediately to fix the Stacey issue. Goodness, they must not have known her future husband was staying in the room with the broken tv!

Considering the lights were on in the "dis room," did you think about knocking on the door and introducing yourself?

Downsizing the tie dyed cheesecake?! What's next? By the way, are the different colors flavored or just food coloring?
Thank you Annie!! Happy New Year to You!

Looking back I'm surprised too. The TV itself worked fine, but no signal on that channel and a few others. I don't think the CM's generally get the importance that is the Stacey channel as you'll see on the next day.

I did, but I just really didn't want to disturb anyone which is why the photo is off to the side. I hoped that I would randomly run into them at some point though but, spoiler alert, I didn't.

It was quite the joke. As for the flavour, I think it's just coloring.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #159
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
THE GATES OF HEAVEN! AND POP CENTURY! Such beautiful sights.

Oh my gosh, no Stacey?! Whaaaa. I can only hope this will be rectified sooner rather than later!

Oh my gosh, that Tie-Dye cheesecake photo broke my heart. That was one of my favorite things about Pop and I was so looking forward to getting it in July...but now it is sad and small so I'm not sure it's worth it.

YEAHHH DISNEY BIRTHDAY COMING UP!!!
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Courtney!

Ahh me toooooo!!!! Stay tuned.

While it tastes the same, it's just a joke now. There was something oddly pretty about it before when it was an actual slice. Now it's just a generic cookie cutter nothing. And for the price, DEFINITELY not worth it.

It sure is, and "may" continue for the following 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Happy new year, Rob!

Yayyyyy you arrived! I got so excited looking at your Pop pictures! No matter where else I may stay, Pop always feels like home, and I haven't stayed there since sept. 2011 and I really miss it!
Great room, I especially love the room number. But watch who you call simple! (Just kidding, I agree totally and don't think it's a bad thing!)
No Stacey!? The horror! How did you sleep that night without saying goodnight to your wifey?
... The new tie dye cheesecake is pretty darn pathetic. Yikes. And I agree about the limits on the refill mugs. I also had no issues, but seriously, it's fountain pop! It's the cheapest substance on earth!
Excellent summary of the MM+ note.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Happy New Year to You Wendy!!

I have just fallen in love with POP. Obviously not as nice as the Mods or Deluxes, but it's my first, and you always remember your first. It will always be a special place for me.

The room number was perfect and so easy to remember. Haha, We're simple. You know it!

Horror is the right word. Thankfully I had another means to say goodnight, as you'll see in the next update.

Totally pathetic. Perfect word. Exactly on the refill mugs. I just find it incredibly sad that they felt the need to do this. And for God's sake, if you're going to the trouble of putting a chip in the mugs, at LEAST change the design.

Haha thanks. At least that's how I read the note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Taking a photo of the Disney welcome sign is so hard! Especially at night in the car. I took mine from the passenger seat and it is still terrible so I think you did great!

POP It really is like coming home! Last year staying at AOA just wasn't the same, I missed my home! I'm so happy you got your requested room location! We were in the 50's too but we were closest to the 50's parking by classic hall, our view was crazy jungle looking screening to block the parking lot

Its funny you say your safe didn't work, ours had the biggest key chain on the key to the safe, I was like what am I supposed to do with that! Magic Bands are supposed to combine everything and then you want me to carry this giant safe key... silly!

I was so sad about the tye die cheese cake too!

I thought the same thing when I read that MyMagic+ card in the room! Too funny.

POP had so many great window displays this year! I was so sad I didn't find any mickey window clings or anything before I went down!
Aww thanks Jess. It was neccessary of course so I did what I could with some safety in mind.

It really is!! It's home. I'd like to stay at AoA some day, but the thought of looking over at POP would be tough. YAY you got your 50's too!! Too bad about the view, but honestly, how often do you spend there anyway?

Bahahahahaha, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I didn't bother getting the safe fixed so I just never used it (but did last trip). But with all the electronic stuff, they can't switch the safes to keyless entry? I've been in really cheap motels that had keyless safes. And YES, those keys are MASSIVE!!!! I did not want to be carrying that around.

Wasn't it sad? Just... pathetic.

That card made me laugh so I just had to get a photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCoasters View Post
Happy new year, Rob!

Loving your TR already...you are so thorough and good at rembering to take pics!

The Mickey ears on your name tag were a cute touch. Love the cast members who put that little extra effort in to make us smile! Awesome news about your room requests too. I had forgotten how you can get such convenient rooms at Pop. I stayed at AoA a few months ago and it was awesome, but we were in the most remote room of the most remote building and it was a hike!!

I hadn't heard about the new rules for refillable mugs...I will have to go do some Dis more reading. I don't know if I will bother to pay for it anymore with more restrictions. I am usually in the parks all day and so only get to use the mug early in the AM...I like to drink one mug and then fill again to bring to the parks!
Thank you. Happy New Year to You as well!!!

Aww thanks. I always takes loads of photos because I never take any notes so I need them to remember, lol.

I thought so too, I loved it. Strange too that it would never have ocurred to me to put the Mickey Ears. Thank God for her. I loved the room location. Just perfect. Nice and quiet on the lake but still close to everything. I'm guessing you were in the Little Mermaid area? That building is pretty out of the way.

The mugs aren't that bad honestly. I never had any issues and for sure got my monies worth. I think the restriction is something like 2 minutes between refills. So I'm sure you could fill it, drink it, and be fine refilling it again. My issue wasn't so much with the actual use. I just don't like the theory they needed to do it. I just kind of find it insulting, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Love your birthday button! The tape idea works wonders!

No Stacey?! What a bummer

Love the picture of the decorated window. One of my favorite parts of walking around Pop was seeing how many people decorated and how much effort people put into it!! Yet another magical thing about Disney

Looks like you had some great views from your room too
THANK YOU!!! And YES IT DOES!!!

Oh God SUCH a bummer. I couldn't believe it. But I had a backup plan.

This was my first time on property over Christmas and while I knew people decorated, I was blown away. Just such a nice "extra". I loved it.

The view was great as was the location in general. Definitely a spot I'd like to stay again.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #160
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
We were there at the same time as you (opposite side of 50's) and my husband felt the same way about the tye dye cheesecake. It just wasn't the same, anymore. Although, I do think there was less red velvet in the containers compared to the cake form.

I love the room number. Definitely easy to recall late at night after a long day in the parks.
OMG REALLY??? That's awesome. Oh God the cheesecake. Definitely off my list of must dos.

Exactly. And that really did come into play OFTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
Now, I've never had the tye-dye cheesecake (not for lack of wanting, just haven't gotten over to Pop! for it), but it appears that I'm not going to be missing anything if that's what it looks like now. It actually looks...unappetizing.

I love driving up to a resort the first time. The ride from the airport to the resort always takes forever. We usually take the DME, so at least the cute video helps pass the time!!

I take pictures of the rug, too... you're not alone

-Jillian
If you've never had it, you need not try any longer. It tastes pretty much the same (i.e. great), but it's just not worth the price.

Oh me too. I've never been on DME so I can't attest to that (but can certainly imagine), but believe me, I can do that drive pretty quick, lol.

Hahaha, good to know. I don't know, it's an obsession. They're just so... pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklotus View Post
I know Disney has to make back some of the money spent on MyMagic+, but don’t do it at the expense of the tie dyed cheesecake.
That’s just wrong... And mean... And... Stupid.

LOVE IT! Don't take it out on the poor cheesecake, guys. I mean, really.
RIGHT??!! That cheesecake is an icon itself. I couldn't believe what they did. Someone needs to be fired!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Ah travel day. I too panic and obsess about what the weather forecast will bring. With all the insanity going on right now, I'm a wee bit concerned about my Feb flight. Ah well, whatever will be will be! And I did manage to score a direct flight (like you, I'll pay extra!).

Silly Canadians. Always saying hello, even when you should really say goodbye. Maybe the chairs should have said Aloha so you'd be covered both ways?

A car. I have yet to rent a car. Maybe next time I go with DH - he's not a huge fan of the buses. It's definitely something to consider!

Poor, poor cheesecake! And whaddya mean NO STACEY! Call someone, STAT!
I just can't help myself. I hate the thought of missing any Disney time. I hope you have nothing but good luck with your flight.

Bahaha, I guess we just don't want people to leave.

I look at it as covering myself on all fronts. I don't always have to use it, but I like knowing I can. I would prefer the bus back to the airport though. Just less hastle, but returning the car is usually pretty easy.

Pathetic Cheesecake if you can even call it that. But that was nothing compared to no Stacey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle stitch View Post
Okay, Rob. As you can see, I am a newbie here. Actually, I've been lurking for a few years and have read both your other trip reports and have been looking forward to this one! Great start so far. Love all the pictures from POP. DH and I have never stayed there, but resort hopping during the day is one of our favorite things to do when it is too hot and crowded in the parks (I'm a teacher and we usually only get to go in the summer).
Can't wait to read about waking up on your birthday in the most Magical Place of all!
Aww I am so honoured to be your first post and to welcome you here!! I too was a lurker FOR YEARS before ever joining. So glad you did. Thank you so much for all your kind words. Oh yes, as a teacher you only have limited windows to go. I've always stayed away from the summer (for obvious reasons), but if I had no other choice, you can bet I would be there too. So glad to have you on board.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #161
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
That GIF had me laughing out loud! No Stacy?! Travesty!
Haha, I had to find something that expressed my true feelings over this insane travesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Ahhhh No Stacey to greet you on your arrival home. That is just so wrong and awful and your gif gets it perfectly right.

Love your room number and the location of your room sounds perfect. Great idea on the tape over your name on the button (Thanks Lia). I am sure that protected it from getting soaked and therefore ruined on Maelstrom. Will have to remember that tip for my nieces birthday buttons.

The Tie Dye cheesecake is SO sad looking now. The picture from last time makes it look delicious. The little cup makes it look like you have some tie dye sherbert in a cup not a piece of cake.

Hopefully Stacey will be back soon and looking forward to the next update. Birthday Day!!!!
It was truly heartbreaking, it really was.

Ah me too. I thought it was great and the location superb. OMG that was SUCH a great tip that I wouldn't have thought of. Just shows how valuable DISboards really is. And yes, totally saved it on the wettest ride known to mankind.

Sad is an understatement. It was so not pretty. I couldn't believe what they did to such an iconic peice of dessert.

She WILL be back for sure. It's my birthday after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruLovesKiss View Post
3456!!!! Oh my, I would have died! That's just perfect

But no Stacey? NOOOOOO! That's just wrong!! I hope you get that fixed ASAP.

The new container for the tie-dye cheesecake makes it look like play doh!

What a fun window decoration. How neat would that be if whoever was staying in that room saw your post and commented!!
I think I did, lol. It was so funny and oh so easy to remember. I just had to remember I was in building 3.

That, however, was not so funny.

Yes it really does!! I never thought of that but it does! It was still tasty, what there was of it, but I think I've had my last.

It was and OMG I totally thought that too. That would be so awesome!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #162
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hooooooraaaaay for your arrival! That room number is amazing. I wish I'd been in 50's when I stayed at Pop! That was my favorite section by far.

WHAT?!?!?!?! No Stacey?!? This isn't the first time I've heard about this happening recently! Not cool. And yeah, the tie-dyed cheesecake looks so lame now. Does it at least taste the same?
Awww thanks Marissa! It is definitely my new fav location. I was in 90's last time (I think you were too last trip), and while it was fine, this one was fantastic. I loved it.

I know, me too, so at least I can assume I wasn't targeted, lol. Yes, it tastes the same, but there's just not much to it. I won't be buying it again at that price, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm fairly certain that DD would insist on switching rooms if Stacey didn't work.

I've never had the tie-dyed cheesecake, but it has always looked great. The new container is less than appealing though. Disappointing.

Can't wait to hear about your birthday!
Hahaha, yes she would Shannon. She's no fool. No lie, I actually considered it myself, but I figured I'd wait until the next day to make that decision.

Yeah, I wouldn't make a point of it anymore. It's pretty sad now.

Aww thanks. Hopefully it's a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I enjoyed reading your latest installment, Rob and Happy New Year! What are the odds on getting a room number like that?! From the selfie you took, it also looks like they were expecting a male occupant -- they left the seat up for you!

My thoughts exactly on the cheesecake. It's one of the things I look forward to having while we're at POP. Back in September, I couldn't believe what they had done to it. It's so small now and the red velvet cake part is almost non-existent.

I hope you got the Stacey issue resolved! Lookin' forward to reading more....
Thank you and Happy New Year to you as well. I'd say the odds are pretty small, one per building. Bahaha, good catch on the seat. A birthday bonus perhaps?

It was disappointing to say the least. I get that Disney prices are high, but the portions are generally pretty good too. This was just... wrong.

Haha, I hope so too!!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #163
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Great start on this report Rob! I'm glad my button tip helped you out!

When I got to Pop in October and I turned on the TV to find no Stacey I was also horrified beyond belief and considered moving over to a Universal Orlando Resort. However I realized I had to skip ahead about 4 channels and there she was. THANK GOD

Your translation of the MyMagic+ note = So painfully accurate.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #164
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

What?!?! You're a staple to these boards... How have you only been on for a mere 9 months?! It really is so amazing to have this outlet for great friendships with people who share the same love you do, isn't it? Wishing you a very happy 2014! Looking forward to sharing more Disney love together!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #165
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!

Yay, Pop! I love that resort, and it's so pretty at night, with all of the colors and the lights!

But NO STACEY?? What is with Pop lately, I didn't get her either until I found the Spanish channels! I seriously would have asked to change rooms or resorts if I couldn't find her, it's not a Disney trip without Stacey!

Yeah I'm pretty much horrified by the tie dyed cheesecake change too. Of all of the places to cut corners, they start with cheesecake?

Looking forward to the next update!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: