Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #136
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Clark Griswald would be proud of the good time you made

Yeah! - for getting the upgrades you wanted!

Boo! - for no Stacey

I mean, I can't think of a single reason why she won't appear for you. No, not one reason .....

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #137
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hey Rob! My new Dis pal for which I can hopefully brag that I'm one of those amazing new friends! Ok, I do think so highly of myself yeah....

I will say that between the orange MB and the adorable Mickey ears "O" on your birthday button you are altogether ready to start celebrating. I did notice that your button was un-smeared the entire time. I thought you were touching it up at night as you were spending time with Stacy.

And speaking of Stacy.....Boo, no Stacey TV!!! I'm surprised you didn't get on the phone right away with maintenance to have them fix that post haste. Seriously a 911 if I've ever see one. And yes, your "reaction" is exactly what I would expect. No less.

I know your last TR had a mascot - not sure anyone remembers "Tammy" but I wonder if you'll have a new one for this trip?

Great wrap for Day 1.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #138
deedee2177
Disney Darling

I agree with Brenda...I'm surprised there wasn't an instant call made to get the No Stacey TV turned into All Stacey All the Time

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #139
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I am shocked that you didn't have a conniption over the lack of Stacey TV. That's just a travesty!

Also a travesty is the lame tie dyed cheesecake! What....the....mark.....(I may or may not use random words when I can't use the one I'm truly thinking of....). That's just unfortunate. And sad. That's barely enough tie dye to color your tongue with!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #140
annie170
Mouseketeer

Happy New Year, Rob!

I'm surprised you didn't get someone up there immediately to fix the Stacey issue. Goodness, they must not have known her future husband was staying in the room with the broken tv!

Considering the lights were on in the "dis room," did you think about knocking on the door and introducing yourself?

Downsizing the tie dyed cheesecake?! What's next? By the way, are the different colors flavored or just food coloring?
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #141
courtneybelle
DIS Veteran

THE GATES OF HEAVEN! AND POP CENTURY! Such beautiful sights.

Oh my gosh, no Stacey?! Whaaaa. I can only hope this will be rectified sooner rather than later!

Oh my gosh, that Tie-Dye cheesecake photo broke my heart. That was one of my favorite things about Pop and I was so looking forward to getting it in July...but now it is sad and small so I'm not sure it's worth it.

YEAHHH DISNEY BIRTHDAY COMING UP!!!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #142
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Happy new year, Rob!

Yayyyyy you arrived! I got so excited looking at your Pop pictures! No matter where else I may stay, Pop always feels like home, and I haven't stayed there since sept. 2011 and I really miss it!
Great room, I especially love the room number. But watch who you call simple! (Just kidding, I agree totally and don't think it's a bad thing!)
No Stacey!? The horror! How did you sleep that night without saying goodnight to your wifey?
... The new tie dye cheesecake is pretty darn pathetic. Yikes. And I agree about the limits on the refill mugs. I also had no issues, but seriously, it's fountain pop! It's the cheapest substance on earth!
Excellent summary of the MM+ note.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #143
JessM
We all have a dream

Taking a photo of the Disney welcome sign is so hard! Especially at night in the car. I took mine from the passenger seat and it is still terrible so I think you did great!

POP It really is like coming home! Last year staying at AOA just wasn't the same, I missed my home! I'm so happy you got your requested room location! We were in the 50's too but we were closest to the 50's parking by classic hall, our view was crazy jungle looking screening to block the parking lot

Its funny you say your safe didn't work, ours had the biggest key chain on the key to the safe, I was like what am I supposed to do with that! Magic Bands are supposed to combine everything and then you want me to carry this giant safe key... silly!

I was so sad about the tye die cheese cake too!

I thought the same thing when I read that MyMagic+ card in the room! Too funny.

POP had so many great window displays this year! I was so sad I didn't find any mickey window clings or anything before I went down!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #144
DisneyCoasters
Earning My Ears

Happy new year, Rob!

Loving your TR already...you are so thorough and good at rembering to take pics!

The Mickey ears on your name tag were a cute touch. Love the cast members who put that little extra effort in to make us smile! Awesome news about your room requests too. I had forgotten how you can get such convenient rooms at Pop. I stayed at AoA a few months ago and it was awesome, but we were in the most remote room of the most remote building and it was a hike!!

I hadn't heard about the new rules for refillable mugs...I will have to go do some Dis more reading. I don't know if I will bother to pay for it anymore with more restrictions. I am usually in the parks all day and so only get to use the mug early in the AM...I like to drink one mug and then fill again to bring to the parks!

Disney Trips:
May 2014 - Boardwalk Mini-moon
Oct/Nov 2013 - Art of Animation
Jan 2010 - The Dolphin
Dec 2008/Jan 2009 - Pop Century
April 1993 - Caribbean Beach
DisneyCoasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #145
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Love your birthday button! The tape idea works wonders!

No Stacey?! What a bummer

Love the picture of the decorated window. One of my favorite parts of walking around Pop was seeing how many people decorated and how much effort people put into it!! Yet another magical thing about Disney

Looks like you had some great views from your room too

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #146
amazingact21
Upendi

We were there at the same time as you (opposite side of 50's) and my husband felt the same way about the tye dye cheesecake. It just wasn't the same, anymore. Although, I do think there was less red velvet in the containers compared to the cake form.

I love the room number. Definitely easy to recall late at night after a long day in the parks.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #147
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Now, I've never had the tye-dye cheesecake (not for lack of wanting, just haven't gotten over to Pop! for it), but it appears that I'm not going to be missing anything if that's what it looks like now. It actually looks...unappetizing.

I love driving up to a resort the first time. The ride from the airport to the resort always takes forever. We usually take the DME, so at least the cute video helps pass the time!!

I take pictures of the rug, too... you're not alone

-Jillian

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #148
blklotus
My personal hero? Liz Lemon.

I know Disney has to make back some of the money spent on MyMagic+, but donít do it at the expense of the tie dyed cheesecake.
Thatís just wrong... And mean... And... Stupid.

LOVE IT! Don't take it out on the poor cheesecake, guys. I mean, really.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #149
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Ah travel day. I too panic and obsess about what the weather forecast will bring. With all the insanity going on right now, I'm a wee bit concerned about my Feb flight. Ah well, whatever will be will be! And I did manage to score a direct flight (like you, I'll pay extra!).

Silly Canadians. Always saying hello, even when you should really say goodbye. Maybe the chairs should have said Aloha so you'd be covered both ways?

A car. I have yet to rent a car. Maybe next time I go with DH - he's not a huge fan of the buses. It's definitely something to consider!

Poor, poor cheesecake! And whaddya mean NO STACEY! Call someone, STAT!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #150
Belle stitch
Earning My Ears

Smile

Okay, Rob. As you can see, I am a newbie here. Actually, I've been lurking for a few years and have read both your other trip reports and have been looking forward to this one! Great start so far. Love all the pictures from POP. DH and I have never stayed there, but resort hopping during the day is one of our favorite things to do when it is too hot and crowded in the parks (I'm a teacher and we usually only get to go in the summer).
Can't wait to read about waking up on your birthday in the most Magical Place of all!
Belle stitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: