Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
amazingact21
Upendi

Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies! - A Dec. 2013 TR *7/22 x2!

Hi, hello, welcome everyone!

Thank you for clicking on my trip report thread and deciding to see what this particular report contains. I hope it will either entertain or educate you in some way, shape, form enough to continue reading as I write down my Disney World adventure.

I promise I donít bite or scare or even intentionally bore with my updates; so please, pull up a chair, grab your favorite Disney mug, pour a hot beverage of your choice, perhaps even slip a few sugar cookies onto a plate (it is the holiday season, after all) and read along as I discuss the broad details of this particular Disney vacation.

Before I delve too deep into this first post, I should forewarn you. Iím not the type of person who likes to be misled, so I feel I should extend this courtesy to you, my readers. I want you all to know what, exactly, this report is going to entail before you get too comfortable with that hot cocoa there.

First and foremost, if you donít enjoy reading reports with babies, just go ahead and unsubscribe now. Because this trip centered on this little guy right here:

In fact, 98% of the photos I will post will have him in them in some way or another. I donít think Iíd know how to write a page WITHOUT throwing my DSís name or reaction in.

Donít say I didnít forewarn you.

Still with me?

Okay, so good so far.

Thanks for hanging on.

Next up, just another photo warning. Almost all my nighttime shots are blurry.

Disappointing, I know.

You donít have to tell me. Normally, in the past, I could take 6 or 7 shots of one scene and edit it to my liking once at my computer.

Thatís sort of impossible to do with an infant in tow, now. If I didnít get the shot in the first try, too bad so sad. Iíve got a diaper bag to pick up off the ground and a stroller to chase down.

Better luck next yearÖ

And, lastly, the most important note.

This trip report will cover the truth of this trip. I wonít sugar coat it or make it be what it wasnít.

Which is to say, I will be ripping the curtain to reveal the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Our trip days were December 1st through December 8th, and in those 7 nights not everything was sprinkled with pixie dust and was magical and wonderful. This was a new experience for all of us, and not everything went according to plan. There was more than one moment where I wished I was back in the comfort of my own home.

That being said, I donít regret going at all, and overall, I had an amazing time.

But, I felt the need to say that there will be a post or two that wonít be my normal happy go lucky recaps.

All rightÖif THAT didnít scare off every one of you readers, then Iíll be amazed.

Iím eternally grateful to those of you daring souls who have stuck around and are braving the rest of this post. Iíll let you all in on a little secret, since you were nice enough to ignore the precautionsÖ.I lace everything with a bit of humor, and Iím not one to hold a grudge. So, most likely, by the time I reach those shadowy scenes, theyíll be just an amusing memory I can recount with a lot of sarcasm and a bit of wit.

Okay, letís pause here so everyone can get a refill and grab JUST ONE MORE cookie. Donít worry, I wonít tell anyone, sneak away.

Everybody back? Great! Letís continueÖ

Allow me to introduce myself. Most of you reading this report are already familiar with my antics and actions from previous reports (those of which can be found in my signature below). But, my mother taught me not to be rude, so please bear with me as I give a quick bio.

Iím Alicia:

(Thatís me!)

I am 23, wife of 2.5 years, mother of 8 months, and the keeper of my familyís Disneyís memories. I began writing trip reports after my 2010 vacation, because I felt they were a great way to stay with the Disney magic even back at home.

Thereís something to be said about recounting your journey through a favorite coaster or experiencing a new dish at a beloved restaurant 4 months after you were there. If youíre like me and have the right Disney music playing, the right Epcot tee on, the right pins displayed on your board, then you can almost taste that Premium Mickey Ice Cream Bar or feel that wind from the downward hill on Thunder on your face.

Writing reports, for me, is a way to keep the magic alive and to help me ease out of those classic post-Disney blues. Not to mention, my husband cannot remember ANYTHING!

So, when I need to prove to him I was right about something, I have these reports to pull upÖ

And on that note, please meet Alex, also known as USAFdad here on the boards.

Heís 25, in the Air Force, absolutely loves being a Dad, and puts up with me on a regular basis, so he basically has the patience of Job.

Iím sure throughout the report, youíll see his posts where he will be ďcorrectingĒ me. Whether you read them and, better yet, BELIEVE them will be up to you.

Thatíll be a judgement call on your part.

Our love of Walt Disney World matches each otherís, and it makes me happy that Disney is a passion we both have in common. Of the two of us, Iím the more obvious fan, but Alex cares about the trips just as much as I do.

The final adult that tagged along on this trip was my mother, Zelda.

She enjoys Disney, especially when there is something new to experience, but she definitely has a different touring style than Alex and I. Her dream vacation would be to stay at the Grand Floridian, relax at the pool all day, eat a nice dinner, then watch the fireworks from her balcony.

While Alex and I are go-go-go, my mother carries the sit back and relax mentality. This made for a bit of clashing on our trip, but overall everybody walked away having had a good time. You have to expect a few bumps and bruises along the way when youíre dealing with such an extended period of time.

And, finally, the last person that went on this trip,

The man of the hour,

The star of the show,

Literally, the center of our universe,

Landon!

This is our 8 month old son, and this was his first trip to Disney.

You gotta start the brainwashing young!

Traveling with a baby was completely different than I imagined it to be. There was such a huge learning curve that occurred in those first few days of our trip; I felt as if Alex and I were Disney newbies.

Everything weíd come to expect from Walt Disney World was totally wrong now that we were traveling as a young family. It sort of shocked me at how different Disney is with a child. I knew there would be changes to our normal touring styles, but I wasnít expecting the complete 180 that we ended up doing.

And while there were times I was sad we had to do Disney differently, I wouldnít trade taking my son for anything in the world. That little boy made me see the world of Disney in a whole new light, opening doors that I thought I was too old to walk through, seeing sights with an entirely new perspective.

Despite the fact that he wonít remember a single thing (as I was told numerous times by fellow guests), Landon made this trip memorable for me as a new mom. I donít care if he wonít be able to recall if he liked Dumbo or not, because I will.

This trip was for Alex and me. To go back to where weíre kids at heart, and to see what Disney World looks like through the eyes of an 8 month old.

And the answerÖ

Magical.

So, please, join me on this journey as I discuss how my December 2013 holiday Disney trip went!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR

Last edited by amazingact21; 07-22-2014 at 02:32 PM.
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!

I'm following along you didn't scare me away

Can't wait to read more

jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
amazingact21
Upendi

Reserved for Chapter Links...

Day 1: Sunday, December 1st, 2013:
Our Vacation Before Our Vacation
Arrival Part 1
Arrival Part 2
Check In Time!
Arrival Part 4
Arrival Part 5
Arrival Part 6

Day 2: Monday, December 2nd, 2013:
Here, Taken Them All
Testing Out Test Track
Meeting Disney
One Lobster Bisque Shooter, Please
Journey Into Imagination
NPH is Ruining My Show!
This is My Suit Rehearsal
That's Not Very Norwegian
That's Not Very Norwegian Part 2

Day 3: Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013:
An Empty Main Street
An Empty Main Street Part 2
Landon Reunites with an Old Friend
I Reunite with an Old Friend
He's Cuter Than That Gerber Baby!
The Osbourne Lights Part 1
The Osbourne Lights Part 2

Day 4: Wednesday, December 4th, 2013:
He's a Runner
A Characterpalooza Kind of Morning
Lunch with NPH
Our Laughing Place Part 1
Our Laughing Place Part 2
Hello, Little Guppy
There's Something Wrong with this Scenario Part 1
There's Something Wrong with this Scenario Part 2

Day 5: Thursday, December 5th, 2013:
Jambo! Part 1
Jambo! Part 2
I'll Have to Tell Bashful About You
It Almost Came to Blows Part 1
It Almost Came to Blows Part 2
'Tis the Spirit of the Season

Day 6: Friday, December 6th, 2013:
He's Playing Hookie From Work Part 1
He's Playing Hookie From Work Part 2

Misc:
Off Topic Update
We Have Returned!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR

Last edited by amazingact21; 07-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I have been looking or your TR! I am so curious to see how things went!
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
USAFdad
DIS Dad #762

I will join too its only fair for me to be able to chime in too.....seeing as I was there.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
MEK
DIS Veteran

Beautiful start to your TR! Adorable pictures of Landon.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I can't wait to hear all about it.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I can't wait to read all about Landon's first trip!

And we always encounter those nay-sayers that think that it is ridiculous to take a child to Disney if they are under age 5 or so. I don't really care what they think and we will take our children when we see fit, just like my parents did with use

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I remember you saying you weren't sure if you'd be doing a TR of this trip, and I'm so happy to see that you are!! OH MY GOSH, Landon in his Mickey ears may be one of the cutest things I have ever seen!! I know just what you mean about your first trip with a kid making you feel like a newbie. But good, bad, and ugly, it is all so worth it when you see them light up over something. Subscribing!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Wow what a great way to start. You have a beautiful family. Love your writing style.

I am in for this one.

I would like to say, Thank You for your husband service and yours as well. My Family and I appreciate you all.... and everything that you do. and the sacrifice that comes with being a military family. God Bless you all.

Merry Christmas.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I may not always remember to respond but I'll be reading along. I was there almost exactly the same time, Dec 1 to Dec 7. My first trip to Disney was as an adult with a toddler and while she doesn't remember it - I DO! Some of my favorite rides are because of how much my kids liked them as little ones. I say savor the memories.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: