Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
PoohbearMama
Earning My Ears

HELP!!!!Cannot get ahold of Dreams Unlimited

I am needing to make a payment as my PIF date is 12/22. I would do it online but I have 35 gift cards to enter and I feel it would be better to call them in. I have been calling the number for over 45 minutes nonstop and there is no answer as well as leaving messages with my agent as well as on the client services line. I am feeling like it would have been better to just book this myself because the onboard credit is not worth this hassle of not being able to reach someone. This is not the first time I have had trouble reaching anyone on this reservation. Need advice..... What do I do????
PoohbearMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Send webmaster john a pm. He's one of the principals for DU. He will do what needs to be done regarding your issues past and present.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I continue to be amazed that the way to get service is to contact a webmaster.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I continue to be amazed that the way to get service is to contact a webmaster.
"Webmaster John" is the board name of one of the DU owners. Its just a convenient way to contact an owner if need be.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
sbag
Mouseketeer

I would call in the morning, but meanwhile send an email to your agent about your intent to pay first thing in the morning. They will get back to you in the morning most likely. You still have time before your PIF date.
sbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
LILRERE
Mouseketeer

To the OP any reason why you do not want to use there payment site? I put in about 50 gift cards a few weeks back. My TA told me I could do just 10 a day but it did not state that. I used $50 and $25 cards and I had 2 that I typed in the wrong code they contacted me and I just re-typed the numbers! It was actually easier than trying to give the numbers over the phone in my opinion!
Serenade of the Seas 2007
Independence of the Seas 2009
Majesty of the Seas 2011
Disney Dream Feb 2014

Disney Vacation 2005
Disney Vacation 2011
Mini Disney Vacation 2012
LILRERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRERE View Post
To the OP any reason why you do not want to use there payment site? I put in about 50 gift cards a few weeks back. My TA told me I could do just 10 a day but it did not state that. I used $50 and $25 cards and I had 2 that I typed in the wrong code they contacted me and I just re-typed the numbers! It was actually easier than trying to give the numbers over the phone in my opinion!
I have to agree with this...I would think there is more chance of error by calling, reading off all the card numbers, someone else writes it down, then they turn around and input it for payment. Less likely to be a problem if you enter the gift card numbers yourself. But that's just my opinion.

OP, you may not get immediate response from your agent, but he/she should reply if you leave a message or email. Fortunately, you have time before 12/22.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

I have to be honest and say I do not book with Dreams however Calling non stop for 45 minutes and then contacting an owner after 45 minutes when your payments are not due until 12-22 is a little ridiculous I understand trips are expensive and you want to get them payed for but I'm sure you will have someone contact you soon believe it or not I'm sure your TA has a life outside of being a TA...

Sorry I do not generally post on topics like this but I found this to be a little ridiculous!

If you have been having trouble I understand but give them at least 24 hours unless it is a MAJOR MAJOR issue...
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
PoohbearMama
Earning My Ears

Finally got a call back.... hubby was stressing more than me so it was stressing me out. All is taken care of and thank you for the kind comments and suggestions.
PoohbearMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
ocspartan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
I have to be honest and say I do not book with Dreams however Calling non stop for 45 minutes and then contacting an owner after 45 minutes when your payments are not due until 12-22 is a little ridiculous I understand trips are expensive and you want to get them payed for but I'm sure you will have someone contact you soon believe it or not I'm sure your TA has a life outside of being a TA... Sorry I do not generally post on topics like this but I found this to be a little ridiculous! If you have been having trouble I understand but give them at least 24 hours unless it is a MAJOR MAJOR issue...
While I do agree with the pp, this would seem a bit excessive for making a payment, however as a strong advocate against using a TA for any bookings the argument that's always used is that TAs can be reached at any time (whenever wherever) to go above what a call center can do like the big box stores or websites. So if that's the reason people are willing to pay more for travel for the use of a TA then why shouldn't the expect a quicker response and more attention and hand holding
ocspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #11
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocspartan View Post
While I do agree with the pp, this would seem a bit excessive for making a payment, however as a strong advocate against using a TA for any bookings the argument that's always used is that TAs can be reached at any time (whenever wherever) to go above what a call center can do like the big box stores or websites. So if that's the reason people are willing to pay more for travel for the use of a TA then why shouldn't the expect a quicker response and more attention and hand holding
I agree. I just don't get why people pay off vacations with ridiculous amounts of gift cards. Get a Disney Visa. You get 2% cash back, free financing, and a it's a lot less of a headache than paying off a vacation with dozens of gift cards.
Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
I agree. I just don't get why people pay off vacations with ridiculous amounts of gift cards. Get a Disney Visa. You get 2% cash back, free financing, and a it's a lot less of a headache than paying off a vacation with dozens of gift cards.
Most of those gift cards are purchased with a discount. For example, Target gives 5% off if you purchase with your Red Card. And that can be compounded with pharmacy rewards, and sometimes there are other discounts that Target does that can be added. Sam's club offers Disney gift cards at a reduced rate also. There are others.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
luvmy2kids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
I do agree it is a pain using gift cards to pay for the cruise. Dreams Unlimited will only take 10 per day-----according to one of their reps. I am saving 10% though by doing this (Target) I am just making it part of my daily ritual now. I have the drill down and I am on and off the phone rather quickly and I am saving 10% off of my cruise by doing so. That in conjunction with On board credit through Disney ( booking while on last cruise ) and on board credit with DU. Lastly, the original 10% discount while booking on board, well it all adds up I guess everyone has a way they wish to pay for their vacation
Old 12-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Most of those gift cards are purchased with a discount. For example, Target gives 5% off if you purchase with your Red Card. And that can be compounded with pharmacy rewards, and sometimes there are other discounts that Target does that can be added. Sam's club offers Disney gift cards at a reduced rate also. There are others.
It just seems like a hasle to save a few bucks. If you have to cancel a vacation due to a financial emergency they are useless. You can't pay medical bills, home repairs........etc. etc. with Disney gift cards. Just my opinion. I would never do it.
Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #15
abbie15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2kids View Post
I do agree it is a pain using gift cards to pay for the cruise. Dreams Unlimited will only take 10 per day-----according to one of their reps. I am saving 10% though by doing this (Target) I am just making it part of my daily ritual now. I have the drill down and I am on and off the phone rather quickly and I am saving 10% off of my cruise by doing so. That in conjunction with On board credit through Disney ( booking while on last cruise ) and on board credit with DU. Lastly, the original 10% discount while booking on board, well it all adds up I guess everyone has a way they wish to pay for their vacation

Just curious, how are you getting 10% off through Target? I know you get 5% off with your Target card, just wondering how you get 10%. Thanks!
abbie15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: